Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322312 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kkokoma: 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
1koboko:

I roamed it but still didn't get network signal

Same thing happened to me, change your setting to WCDMA only and restart your phone, should do the trick

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remioshy(f): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please I applied and did biometrics on 1st of June and the info I got was it will take 65 days, but reading through this thread it seems people are waiting longer and may affect me too, I have a ticket to travel to uk Aug 14th, I am to go to Canada from uk if given the visa, but now I'm scared my passport may still be with them when the time comes, I want to know when I should request back my passport if I've heard nothing, should I wait a week or two before I'm to travel and what is the procedure for withdrawing passport and how long it takes for it to be returned to vfs office for me to pick up.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
remioshy:
Hello everyone,

Please I applied and did biometrics on 1st of June and the info I got was it will take 65 days, but reading through this thread it seems people are waiting longer and may affect me too, I have a ticket to travel to uk Aug 14th, I am to go to Canada from uk if given the visa, but now I'm scared my passport may still be with them when the time comes, I want to know when I should request back my passport if I've heard nothing, should I wait a week or two before I'm to travel and what is the procedure for withdrawing passport and how long it takes for it to be returned to vfs office for me to pick up.

Thanks
Estimated/average processing time has been coming down lately, it is at 49 days currently. That could signal an advantage for you, maybe!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remioshy(f): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Estimated/average processing time has been coming down lately, it is at 49 days currently. That could signal an advantage for you, maybe!

Ohh thanks for the info, I hope so, fingers crossed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by samnijazz: 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
Good day house. I have always followed this thread. I want to submit an application for visiting visa soon. I have a concern with my survey plan. The land was issued for my father but I later inherited it from him and I decided to change the name on the survey plan. After the change of name came out, there was a statement written on it ' this plan superceeds plan no Bleep made by me on YYY due to title change. I hope they will not frown at it or what do I do to play safe. I await your replies. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 4:16am On Jun 25, 2016
remioshy:
Hello everyone,

Thanks
You should have applied through the online method. With that method, you will only submit your passport if your visa application is approved. I used that method for my wife.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 4:20am On Jun 25, 2016
[quote author=abegrade post=46839137]My question:

I am planning a religious tourism to Canada. Do I need to buy the ticket before applying?

Looking forward to hear from you guys.[/quote
No sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 4:22am On Jun 25, 2016
abegrade:
My question:

I am planning a religious tourism to Canada. Do I need to buy the ticket before applying?

Looking forward to hear from you guys.
No sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opomulero(m): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2016
Please if submitting through VFS, am I going to submit original documents and if yes, will they return the documents.?

Graceee:
HELLO VICT505

You can apply online or submit at the VFS office in lekki
As for the requirements if you are visiting visa there is no specific requirement per say but you should be able to proof your home ties by providing some paper work like

4 months bank statement
Pay slips (4 months)
Invitation letter ( if applicable)
Hotel reservation (If applicable)
Flight reservation.
Any bank investment to show proof of funds like fixed deposits cert. etc
Landed property
If you have a company you can also attach your company paper s like cac 2 ,cac 7 cac certificate.
Marriage certificate (if Applucable)
Child/(ren) birth certificate (s) ( if applicable)

Also check around you add some other documents that you feel might help your application
This is the little i know about your question

then google on line at www.cic.gc.ca to upgrade urself and see also see the application fee for visitors visa.
all the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chidexSmokey(f): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2016
abegrade:
My question:

Looking forward to hear from you guys.
It is better to apply first before getting your ticket.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeansmart86(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
travelpoint:

You should have applied through the online method. With that method, you will only submit your passport if your visa application is approved. I used that method for my wife.
pls can u put me trough on how to apply for Canada Visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Jeansmart86:
15 pages a day for the next three days will do the magic. Try it out, read please! Thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 1:05am On Jun 27, 2016
Jeansmart86:
Simple! You can apply online or through paper method. Check there website
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamateniola1: 7:28am On Jun 27, 2016
Listen to yourself! 'he is the man,so the wife can't be the sponsor' where is that written in the immigration law?keep misleading ple to satisfy your 'I am the man' ego!

Tvegas:

If the reason for his refusal is travel history, i will advise both of you to apply for UK,SA and Dubai visas. With these he can build some history.

Secondly, dont depend so much on your own travel history as the basis on which he should be issued a visa. He is the man hence the VO will be more comfortable with him applying for you and not vice versa.

The financial part of your question is not clear as everything you said is in order. In conclusion , the chances of you getting a visa can only be determined by the VO.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:43am On Jun 27, 2016
mamateniola1:
Listen to yourself! 'he is the man,so the wife can't be the sponsor' where is that written in the immigration law?keep misleading ple to satisfy your 'I am the man' ego!

Lolz! This could cause some flaring in here, a whole lot of spark could be brought to this thread. Thanks for taking out time to go right back to studying the thread (very normal and praise-worthy tradition, I can see you are at least already on page 20 - October 13, 2015 - despite your schedule), hopefully we all learn this from you and in fact have a reference point henceforth. God bless!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamateniola1: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2016
Lollll. Don't mind me!!! Ple take info on here seriously and some can't read inbtween the lines hence get mislead.
On page 28 now. Let me go bath for work. Brb to continue reading.

OmoBendel24:

Lolz! This could cause some flaring in here, a whole lot of spark could be brought to this thread. Thanks for taking out time to go right back to studying the thread (very normal and praise-worthy tradition, I can see you are at least already on page 20 - October 13, 2015 - despite your schedule), hopefully we all learn this from you and in fact have a reference point henceforth. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeansmart86(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2016
travelpoint:

Simple! You can apply online or through paper method. Check there website
the website pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 1:55am On Jun 28, 2016
Jeansmart86:
the website pls
Canadainternational.gc.ca
or
Google Canadian embassy in Nigeria
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by akmusty(m): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
Good day my people, I submitted and did my biometric 1st of June but surprisingly got a text and mail today that I should come for my passport today, though am presently in kaduna and will only be able to come to lagos on friday.can someone tell me what's happening as I neva hear from anyone getting notification in 3 weeks before

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tiwatowa: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2016
Morning sir ma, pls can somebody tell me much abt Canada port of entry. Hope if decide not to go with my wife now,hope there won't be problem at POE
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abeebadeniyi: 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Well done my amiable people here,am new on Nairaland and I have a purpose for signing up.My question is that I want to apply for canada visa and I want to stay there.have never apply for visa,how do I start with it and the document that will be needed?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
akmusty:
Good day my people, I submitted and did my biometric 1st of June but surprisingly got a text and mail today that I should come for my passport today, though am presently in kaduna and will only be able to come to lagos on friday.can someone tell me what's happening as I neva hear from anyone getting notification in 3 weeks before
paper based application is faster now...i got mine within 3wks though its a peculiar case...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remioshy(f): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Processing time is faster now, I just read of someone who did biometrics on 1st June as myself says he got email on 28th that his passport is returned, this made me go back through my mail and I saw they have sent me email on 21st of June that my passport returned, just after 20 days, scared now to go pick, why so quick, hope all is well sha

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zoe7: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
Good day every one. I am glad to be a part of this forum. I will be applying for visitor's visa in August with family and I do hope we will be granted. We are researching so we will appreciate all the help we can get from here. I am glad that the timeline for visa has become shorter than before- That indeed is good news. But I want to appeal that those that submitted their applications, especially recently, let us know what documents they submitted and the outcome of the applications. Remioshy, Nam 16, and Akmusty, we do appeal that you let us know the details of what you submitted and the outcome, thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by remioshy(f): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
Zoe7:
Good day every one. I am glad to be a part of this forum. I will be applying for visitor's visa in August with family and I do hope we will be granted. We are researching so we will appreciate all the help we can get from here. I am glad that the timeline for visa has become shorter than before- That indeed is good news. But I want to appeal that those that submitted their applications, especially recently, let us know what documents they submitted and the outcome of the applications. Remioshy, Nam 16, and Akmusty, we do appeal that you let us know the details of what you submitted and the outcome, thank you.

Will sure do when I get the passport and share all doc submitted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 3Div: 1:13am On Jul 01, 2016
Hi,

The company is sponsoring a couple of us for a 3 day conference in Canada.

My question is "What's the duration of the Visa we'd be offered ?". 2. "Multiple entry ?"

I ask because, we been thinking that since the office is sponsoring this trip (if we still have valid visa's, why not go back for the holidays).

Thanks.

Oh!. We haven't applied yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
July 1...Happy Canada Day....i am sure most of we applicants don't even know their anniversary grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
3Div:
Hi,

The company is sponsoring a couple of us for a 3 day conference in Canada.

My question is "What's the duration of the Visa we'd be offered ?". 2. "Multiple entry ?"

I ask because, we been thinking that since the office is sponsoring this trip (if we still have valid visa's, why not go back for the holidays).
Too much questions. Apply and get the visa first before you plan anything.

Thanks.

Oh!. We haven't applied yet.
Too much questions, get the visa first.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opeyemi87babe: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hello,

Am an international student in Canada (one year post graduate course). I wasn't married while applying for visa, but now am married and am thinking on inviting my husband ( In school have already changed name to my husband name ) .
Please can we apply for visiting visa or open work permit?
For visiting visa, what will be the content of my invitation letter?
For Open work permit, thinking since my course is just one year course and am already in my 2nd(final) term, this might be somehow.

Please, I need your advice.
maternal:

A visiting visa is just for VISITING. You won't get a work permit. While I don't think Canada would like to educate your child with tax payers money, I believe by law every child has a right to attend school to the high school level. You may get away with that one.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
opeyemi87babe:
Hello,

Am an international student in Canada (one year post graduate course). I wasn't married while applying for visa, but now am married and am thinking on inviting my husband ( In school have already changed name to my husband name ) .
Please can we apply for visiting visa or open work permit?
For visiting visa, what will be the content of my invitation letter?
For Open work permit, thinking since my course is just one year course and am already in my 2nd(final) term, this might be somehow.

Please, I need your advice.

your husband can't get a work permit as your degree is almost up and it is a 1 year program. Most work permits based on spousal student visa are issued if your spouse is on a 2 year program. You can apply for express entry once you are done with your masters and include him in your application.

as for visiting, i think he should apply for that. he has a valid reason for going to visit. I hope he has a solid home ties sha.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by beekie(f): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
@Mummyf
Yes I do have travel history to US which I honestly thinks helped me a lot as I bombarded them with so many pages of boarding passes in d application.

But from my experience and read up.of over the years it's not still a Gauranty.

Best of Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.