Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326478 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
awelekiti:
To be honest with you, you've applied for the appropriate visa for them. You're a student, a presumed temporary resident as well so, you couldn't have applied for a different visa category. If you presented the appropriate documents to buttress their applications, there shouldn't be issues. Be as positive as you were when you applied for your student visa. Trust God for a positive outcome. I have a hint for a would-be applicant like you, paper route is the best option for now. You get faster treatment and within 3 weeks max, your passport is ready for collection. I've heard of those who applied via paper route recently and had their passports back in less than 2 weeks, with visas.

Thanks a lot for this insight

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 3Div: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
shoren:
i did paper application. Used booking.com for my hotel reservation. Just set got to Abuja. Will collect my passport tomorrow's ro and keep u posted.

Congrats man.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 12:27am On Jul 27, 2016
paparazzi1987:
Please help a brother in the house..i really need to clear my doubts

hi,

truth is you can apply for just a trv for her or a spouse work permit. She would have gotten a work permit if your masters or whatever program you are going for exceeds a year. this makes your wife a work permit holder and she can relocate there with your kids so far your study visa is still valid. ultimately, when she or you are set to apply for the express entry, you score more points which then guarantees you an invitation to apply.

you can go a head and apply for a spouse work permit visa for her while you await the response for the trv.

stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lekan282: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2016
@bigfido and d guru in the house..pls can someone on spousal open work permit study? If he/ she cant wats d possibility of him/her studying in canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shoren: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
@Shoren, did you do flight booking? Can you list docs submitted

I have collected my passport... To God be the glory. I was given 4yrs...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
shoren:

Wow! Congrats! I've been longing to hear the good news. If you're travelling in September and you're stopping in either Calgary or Ontario, we will likely meet. I'm happy for you! I reiterate, paper route applications receive quicker attention than online ones these days, I'm also a living testimony. All the best bro!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shoren: 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
awelekiti:
Wow! Congrats! I've been longing to hear the good news. If you're travelling in September and you're stopping in either Calgary or Ontario, we will likely meet. I'm happy for you! I reiterate, paper route applications receive quicker attention than online ones these days, I'm also a living testimony. All the est bro!

Thanx a lot dear.... We shall meet oooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ideababa: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
good day to you my people in the house, please my questioned may have already been answered but not gotten, is three a way to apply without an invitation for Canada tourist/visit visa? how .? then please guide me am an estate manager and wish to go on vacation in December pls take me by hand in the application process. appreciate u all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by diamondsare4eva: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
@Shoren, did you submit flight itinerary or just hotel booking. Please list your docs. Congrats
shoren:

Thanx a lot dear.... We shall meet oooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemeze: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hi Shoren,congratulations. please list the documents you submitted to embassy. did you book flight and hotel reservation?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shoren: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
@Shoren, did you submit flight itinerary or just hotel booking. Please list your docs. Congrats
Yes flight itenary reservation and hotel booking reservation as well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 3Div: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
shoren:

I'm not surprised smiley

Already congratulated you since yesterday.

Was this a renewal or first time ?
And do you have a US visa or other Valid Visa on your passport ?.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shoren: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
ikemeze:
Hi Shoren,congratulations. please list the documents you submitted to embassy. did you book flight and hotel reservation?
Yes I book flight and hotel booking but a reservation
I did not book a flight reservation to Canada. I have running visas in my passport. The flight reservation was to Yankee. You that do it yourself. I did the hotel booking from booking.com. U don't need agents. I didnt use any agent for any application or reservation. I didn't use any invite either. I just applied and did everything myself.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
ikemeze:
Bros, flight and hotel reservations are a must. With these, the VO will have an idea how much you will be spending in Canada during your stay and compare it with the amount you indicated on your application form that you filled. I'll advise you go to booking.com and choose the cheapest hotel rate and get a flight reservation from a travel agency ''without any rate''. It will only show your departures and arrivals both at home and destinations. If you get a hotel reservation which indicates the ticket rate, you might end up shooting yourself in the leg because the rate could be too high, relative to the amount you indicated on your application form vis-a-vis your bank account balance. The VO will now weigh your application based on all of these before taking his decision. When you go to booking.com, please use an ATM Card that has less than 1k balance on the account so that by the time booking.com is processing your booking, you won't be billed/charged(though they often indicate on their website during booking that your card won't be charged until the check-in date but it's a lie, they do, in less than 2 hours after you have made your booking). You'll only be notified by your bank by text or email or both, that you've initiated a transaction with insufficient funds in your account. Booking.com will also notify of insufficient funds on your account while processing your reservation, during which you'll be charged. You just ignore them. Remember the purpose is to support your application with the reservation. Now, go to your email after you made your reservation and the print out version icon on the confirmation that booking.com sent to your email and print a copy. That's how we rule, hala!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
ideababa:
good day to you my people in the house, please my questioned may have already been answered but not gotten, is three a way to apply without an invitation for Canada tourist/visit visa? how .? then please guide me am an estate manager and wish to go on vacation in December pls take me by hand in the application process. appreciate u all
If you've been travelling before, an invitation for a tourist visa isn't a must but it helps. You're going there to enjoy your money but you must show or prove to VO that you have enough funds in your account. Before you prepare your application, let me hint you on the documents you'll need.

1-Bond
2-Board Resolution on Disbursement of your PTA as soon as your visa is issued. Have the board resolution sealed with the company seal.
3-Letter of Intro
4-Leave Letter
5-Employment Letter indicating your leave period
6-Company Bank statement(s)
7-Company registration Certificates, including CO2 and CO7
8- Current Tax Clearance Certificate

Your Documents:
1-Application form/Family Information form/Schedule 1 Form(if you've travelled or applied to any embassy, including Canada in the past)
2-Invitation Letter from Canada
3-Your Salary Bank statement
4-Your marriage Certificate and Child(ren) birth certificate(s)
5-If you have a property document, include it but it's NOT a must.
6- Photocopies of your previous Visas(both valid and expired ones)
7-Hotel reservation
8-flight reservation
9-Place everything in God's hands and have faith

The documents are inexhaustible but the aforementioned are the major ones you need

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jredlom(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
I have been admitted for a french language and culture course at McGill University in Quebec city for January 2017. I have fully paid for my course and also paid fully for off campus accommodation.

I am 23 years and hold an Associate Degree in Hospitality Management and a flight attendant certificate, I want to work as a flight attendant or Restaurant supervisor or manager in a big hotel that is why i want to learn the french language which will give me an advantage.

I own a grocery and cosmetic shop and the business has been registered in my name.

DOCUMENT I WILL BE SUBMITTING TO THE EMBASSY

*Acceptance Letter

*Accommodation reservation receipt

*My Business Registration Certificate and Tax Receipts

*Tenancy agreement for my rented shop

*University Certificate and transcripts

*Few receipts of good I purchase to my shop

*Personal Bank Statement with $2000 CND and Reference letter from bank

*Statement of Purpose

*Letter from my Church to give evidence of my role and duties in Church

*Tenancy agreement of my rented room

*Sponsors Bank Statement with balance of $4600 CND and reference letter from the bank (My Sponsor is my Biological mother)

*Sponsorship Letter

*Affidavit of Sponsorship

*Copy of sponsors passport

NB:I am using a sponsor because my business is only a year and 2 months old

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
yes the conference coincides with the semester break, and thanks a lot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinyinola: 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good day all. Please can an express entry profile jeopardize chances of getting a visit visa? Hope they won't think one wants to escape if one gets the visit visa. Your ideas and suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
johnpoko:
Good day, please I need advise from someone here, I'm a student here in Nigeria and I'll be graduating in 2017. I wanna attend an educational conference in University of Toronto for my project research purpose. I have gotten a letter of identification from the dean of students in my school, I have paid for the conference and gotten my receipt, I have also gotten an invitation letter, my eldest brother is sponsoring everything(both flight and hotel). Problem is this is my first time of traveling out if I don't have a travel history and the conference is to hold from 14- 16th October. please can anyone advise me on what documents I need to gather? and do I need medical exam? and which is faster? online or manual application? thanks
Does the educational conference coincide with your school's semester break? This is very important because you cannot travel for a conference whilst your school is still in session. On travel history, this does not really count . I got my first USA Visa on a virgin passport in 2004, contrary to what my friends told me then, that I must visit Ghana, south africa, kenya , etc to prove to the VO that I had travel experience to boost my chance of getting a visa. Funny enough, I had not been to ordinary cotonou before that time. I got the visitor visa on my very first passport. What you need is a TRV(Temporary Resident Visa). Please look up the requirements in previous comments on this thread to see the list of documents you might need for your visa application. You my also visit the canadian embassy's website for details. It's not even compulsory that you pay for the conference in advance, an invitation letter and the registration details would have been enough, since you have not been granted the visa. I hope this heklps. Good luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
awelekiti:
Does the educational conference coincide with your school's semester break? This is very important because you cannot travel for a conference whilst your school is still in session. On travel history, this does not really count . I got my first USA Visa on a virgin passport in 2004, contrary to what my friends told me then, that I must visit Ghana, south africa, kenya , etc to prove to the VO that I had travel experience to boost my chance of getting a visa. Funny enough, I had not been to ordinary cotonou before that time. I got the visitor visa on my very first passport. What you need is a TRV(Temporary Resident Visa). Please look up the requirements in previous comments on this thread to see the list of documents you might need for your visa application. You my also visit the canadian embassy's website for details. It's not even compulsory that you pay for the conference in advance, an invitation letter and the registration details would have been enough, since you have not been granted the visa. I hope this heklps. Good luck
. yes the conference coincides with the semester break, and thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 2:18am On Jul 31, 2016
Canadian visa average processing time now 54 days

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeforeal(m): 8:28am On Jul 31, 2016
Guru in house please kindly advice me if i can get a visiting canada visa with virgin passportThanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
travelpoint:
Canadian visa average processing time now 54 days
This does not apply in all cases. I received my visa within 3 weeks after applying via paper route. If you can read the previous posts, you'd see similar cases as well....people who also applied and had their passports endorsed with visa within 3 weeks. I'd advise that people give paper route application a try. It's faster these days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackkie: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2016
Abeg, can you list the documents you submitted?

shoren:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livchi: 7:48am On Aug 01, 2016
is it possible for Canada to access my US Visa application form because not all the information i have in my US is filled on my Canada Visa application form. I submitted my Application on July 19th stated that i am married with sworn affidavit of marriage because i hv not done my white and court marriage but the date of this marriage is not the same with that of US Visa application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livchi: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
pls can someone ans me?

is it possible for Canadian visa officer have access on my Us visa file. i submitted on 19th of july though i have US visa which i have used and its still valid till 2017 Oct. but i made some mistake on fill the Canadian form there by having some little differences on my both forms. my fear is

1. i have an affidavit of marriage which i mistakenly submitted photocopy.

2. the date of marriage on both is not the same because the date i now is the date i completed mt T.marriage rites.

3. though am also going for a conference like i did in US and also submitted my certificate of attendance.

pls what is want my chances of getting this visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello house, I applied for a visitor visa online since the 12th of April, yet to hear anything. Sent a case specific enquiry July 16th and still no update. Anyone in same shoes?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
I don't think It is impossible. Just get your documents right.
Teeforeal:
Guru in house please kindly advice me if i can get a visiting canada visa with virgin passportThanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
livchi:
pls can someone ans me?

is it possible for Canadian visa officer have access on my Us visa file. i submitted on 19th of july though i have US visa which i have used and its still valid till 2017 Oct. but i made some mistake on fill the Canadian form there by having some little differences on my both forms. my fear is

1. i have an affidavit of marriage which i mistakenly submitted photocopy.

2. the date of marriage on both is not the same because the date i now is the date i completed mt T.marriage rites.

3. though am also going for a conference like i did in US and also submitted my certificate of attendance.

pls what is want my chances of getting this visa
No! All embassies do respect applicants' privacy and so, they have policies formulated for this purpose. Your documents can be released to Canadian Embassy by US Embassy upon your approval. However. the Canadian embassy may verify authenticity of your visa with US Embassy( if you were granted one by the latter), where necessary or if in doubt.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
awelekiti:
No! All embassies do respect applicants' privacy and so, they have policies formulated for this purpose. Your documents can be released to Canadian Embassy by US Embassy upon your approval. However. the Canadian embassy may verify authenticity of your visa with US Embassy( if you were granted one by the latter), where necessary or if in doubt.

They share. On several grounds and with a few other countries too (especially as pertaining to immigrant visas quest and those already on any form of their visas)! This is an already overflogged issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/55#38721075

https://www.nairaland.com/2557843/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/109#40196487

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/85#39122547 etc.

Just google-search or even "nairaland-search" and get astounded!

#Snowden

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2016
Good day gurus, please someone should assist me. I need a site for flight booking and hotel reservation. I need it for my visa application. please I need a book now pay later site. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 02, 2016
I am in the same shoes, I applied on June 10, online. No word from them yet. I chose online route because i felt it would be easier. I would recommend PAPER route to any new applicants.

shadeebee78:
Hello house, I applied for a visitor visa online since the 12th of April, yet to hear anything. Sent a case specific enquiry July 16th and still no update. Anyone in same shoes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ephenzy, dgov(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.