Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2309115 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
adveert002:
greetings to everybody
please can someone send me the link to the new portal

thanks a lot

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
ikemummy:
Wow! Big Congratulations. Did you apply using the new portal? Would also like to know if you are a permanent or temporary resident. Thanks

Temporary residents but son is a student in Canada.

Used old portal July 3rd, 2020, reapplied on the new portal one month ago.

If you have a pending application on the old portal and you're eligible to travel (PR family or temporary resident family), please reapply using the new portal and reference your client ID of the old application.

Wish others expecting good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
aloskyyoung:

Wow, congratulations

I submitted October 29th, I should be expecting response any moment from now.

I want to confirm, did you apply that you travelling to reunite with a family member or you a travelling as a tourist. I guess processing is faster for applications of people reuniting with family member.

Reuniting with my son who's a student.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
19CannyMum:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Answer to your question:

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

Note that Abuja is faster than Lagos and you will pay a transmission fee if you send to a different vfs than where you did your biometrics.

Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 7:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
Congratulations, pls did u cancel last year's application and begin a new one?
thanks
TheExalted:
The 30 days is working guys!!!

Initial application: July 3, 2020
Biometric: September 3, 2020

New Portal Application: November 4th, 2021
PPR: December 2nd, 2021

Please how do I submit the passport. Physically or through courier? What is the process guy? Elated!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Babe25: 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
Please where will one quite the previous reference ID
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Richdee1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
Afunshee:
Once in a while applications are usually opened for scholarships in canada, who wants a list of these schools? the applications would open soon.

I do boss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
19CannyMum:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Answer to your question:

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/642#96722431

Note that Abuja is faster than Lagos and you will pay a transmission fee if you send to a different vfs than where you did your biometrics.

Did biometric in Lagos, will have to pay transmission fee.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
It simply means any Nigerian passenger departing from Nigeria and heading to Canada will not be allowed to board. Only Canadians and permanent residents. Please also note that a Nigerian can also be a permanent resident and in such a case he or she would be allowed to board. But if you are a Nigerian and departing from another Country you are good to go as long as you were not in Nigeria in the last 14days before boarding the plane.
So in simple terms it means no Nigerian visitors or Students departing from Nigeria is allowed into Canada for now. But if you are a Nigerian and you have permanent resident status in Canada. You are free to travel from Nigeria.

Oceanfield:
This letter was sent to my friend, Does it mean Nigerians can travel from any other country or total ban no matter your location..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
mercy445:
Congratulations, pls did u cancel last year's application and begin a new one?
thanks

I did nothing to the old application. Still pending since July 3rd, 2020.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziude: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Oceanfield:

Ok, so can they travel from other countries to Canada?

If they are residents in those countries, they can.

Visit the cic website for more information
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by TheExalted: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Babe25:
Please where will one quite the previous reference ID

As you're filling the forms it will ask for Unique Client ID number UCI, just put that of the old one into the new portal application.

I thought of doing a webform but I decided to wait and see. It turns out a great news.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temas: 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
MIL Visa approved!

First application on the old portal.......January

Biometric... June.. Mama was in UK finalising her Residency, then covid.

second application on the new portal... November 2nd

PPR December 2nd

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mercy445: 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
okay thanks, I have an old one since October 2020.
TheExalted:

I did nothing to the old application. Still pending since July 3rd, 2020.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 1:05am On Dec 03, 2021
Just FYI

For anyone who gets banned by the antispam bot for posting/quoting a LEGIT link or comment on this thread, send an email to the mods (justwise and DisGuy) to unban you, and they will. Otherwise if you wait till the ban expires the post will be lost.

@justwise or DisGuy please unban adveert002, as I noticed he/she tried to quote the link I posted. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hereandnow65: 1:42am On Dec 03, 2021
PPR for my parents!!!

First application submitted June 23, 2021
Resubmitted via the new portal Nov 03, 2021
PPR Dec 02, 2021

I have a quick question and I would appreciate any help I can get. Can their passports be transmitted using one big envelope or do we have to use two separate envelopes?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:
Just FYI

For anyone who gets banned by the antispam bot for posting/quoting a LEGIT link or comment on this thread, send an email to the mods (justwise and DisGuy) to unban you, and they will. Otherwise if you wait till the ban expires the post will be lost.

@justwise or DisGuy please unban adveert002, as I noticed he tried to quote the link I posted. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2021
OloriOfMontreal:
Just FYI

@justwise or DisGuy please unban adveert002, as I noticed he tried to quote the link I posted. Thanks!

Ah I was banned please unban @justwise

Please what was my offense
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by darryjay16(m): 9:19am On Dec 03, 2021

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:22am On Dec 03, 2021
darryjay16:
First and only application

Application submitted on: Nov 7, 2021
Biometrics: Nov 12, 2021
PPR: Dec 3, 2021

Visiting visa for my mum
Congratulations! It’s good to see things are going smoothly regardless of the ban
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Afunshee: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Towerofgrace: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2021
mrprolifik:
It simply means any Nigerian passenger departing from Nigeria and heading to Canada will not be allowed to board. Only Canadians and permanent residents. Please also note that a Nigerian can also be a permanent resident and in such a case he or she would be allowed to board. But if you are a Nigerian and departing from another Country you are good to go as long as you were not in Nigeria in the last 14days before boarding the plane.
So in simple terms it means no Nigerian visitors or Students departing from Nigeria is allowed into Canada for now. But if you are a Nigerian and you have permanent resident status in Canada. You are free to travel from Nigeria.

Your explanation makes sense.

so e.g one can still travel through Ghana, after spending 2weeks and above 1st in Ghana
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fairlytreated: 10:45am On Dec 03, 2021
mrprolifik:

This is very clear but still confusing. spouse is presently in UK. He entered after the ban was announced. Does this mean he can fly from UK after spending 14 days in the UK? Will the Uk authority allow this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 11:21am On Dec 03, 2021
Yes he can fly from the UK as long as it is past 14days since he left Nigeria. And I think within 72hrs before flying from the UK to canada he would need to do a pcr covid test with a negative result .
fairlytreated:

This is very clear but still confusing. spouse is presently in UK. He entered after the ban was announced. Does this mean he can fly from UK after spending 14 days in the UK? Will the Uk authority allow this?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 11:24am On Dec 03, 2021
Sure you can travel from Ghana as long as Ghana is not on the banned list. But check to see if you need to do a PCR covid test before your flight to Canada
Towerofgrace:

Your explanation makes sense.

so e.g one can still travel through Ghana, after spending 2weeks and above 1st in Ghana
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chiall: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
mrprolifik:
Sure you can travel from Ghana as long as Ghana is not on the banned list. But check to see if you need to do a PCR covid test before your flight to Canada

PCR test compulsory before entry into Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadama: 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hi all.

Applied on 8th Nov for my younger sister... got a decision today Dec 3rd - it was rejected, letter says - I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay... due to "family ties in Canada and home country" and "travel history".

She's 17, just finished high school, and has a sister who's a PR in Canada. Has also previously been to UAE, Tanzania, Mauritius and one other country I think, on holiday. The travel history aspect of the refusal letter confuses me.

I'd appreciate any insight into how to correct our next application. For example, will enrolling in university here (which she already plans to do) help the situation at all? Any other tips?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
shadama:
Hi all.

Applied on 8th Nov for my younger sister... got a decision today Dec 3rd - it was rejected, letter says - I am not satisfied you will leave Canada at the end of your stay... due to "family ties in Canada and home country" and "travel history".

She's 17, just finished high school, and has a sister who's a PR in Canada. Has also previously been to UAE, Tanzania, Mauritius and one other country I think, on holiday. The travel history aspect of the refusal letter confuses me.

I'd appreciate any insight into how to correct our next application. For example, will enrolling in university here (which she already plans to do) help the situation at all? Any other tips?
She’s 17 going on visit I think you should tie her application to an adult.
At 17 yes she can apply for study permit for her UG program with all the requisites
Is she enrolled in any program now ? Say A-levels IGSCE and co ? If she is enrolled in any school for any of these programs let her get a letter from the school to support , ID card and co .

These are my thoughts, please other people should add too, I may have missed out something

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adveert002: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
Good afternoon everybody
I was refused visiting visa: reason being that they are not sure I would leave the country because of my family ties in Canada (I applied to visit my husband)

Please should I apply again or I should just focus on spousal Sponsorship instead.

Secondly does any body know know long it takes for spousal sponsorship to be approved

Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
shadama:
Hi all.

Sorry to hear that, how did you got the refusal letter ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
adveert002:
Good afternoon everybody
I was refused visiting visa: reason being that they are not sure I would leave the country because of my family ties in Canada (I applied to visit my husband)

Please should I apply again or I should just focus on spousal Sponsorship instead.

Secondly does any body know know long it takes for spousal sponsorship to be approved

Thanks a lot

Sorry to hear that, how did you got the refusal letter

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: adegbajupraise and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.