Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326081 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2016
It seems Canada places priority on students and workers that are coming to develop their economy. The study permit processing times has not blinked while the visiting visa processing times is rising like naira to dollar.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
I helped someone to apply for visitors visa and another for study permit in June. The one of study permit got his visa last week but no response yet for the one for visitors visa. My question is for the later: he has renewed his passport recently because the one he used to apply will expire in January, should I send his updated passport to Ghana (I used online method to apy for both candidates) or wait for passport request?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
geotherm:
I helped someone to apply for visitors visa and another for study permit in June. The one of study permit got his visa last week but no response yet for the one for visitors visa. My question is for the later: he has renewed his passport recently because the one he used to apply will expire in January, should I send his updated passport to Ghana (I used online method to apply for both candidates) or wait for passport request?
There's nothing to worry about as regards the visitor visa applicant. Schools are resuming and the embassy is already aware of this, hence the need to speed up the processing for the study permit visa applicant. As regards the old passport, going by my calculation , as at the time you applied for the visa on the applicant's behalf, the passport still had about 7 months validity which was pretty in order. I had a similar experience in the past and I still got my visa but by the time the visa was issued, the passport expiry was less than 6 months. Meanwhile, I still had 2 multiple valid visas ( UK and Germany ) on my passport then. What I simply did was apply for a new one because the Nigerian Immigration won't allow me to travel with the old passport inspite of the valid visas on it. I'd advise you wait for the CIC instruction before acting. They may or may not ask for a new passport before issuing the visa, should the applicant qualify for one. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
jayfierce:
It seems Canada places priority on students and workers that are coming to develop their economy. The study permit processing times has not blinked while the visiting visa processing times is rising like naira to dollar.
Canada does not care if you are applying for a visitor, student, work or permanent residence.
If it's the same country i know, instead of hiring more workers to help clear backlog, they would rather increase processing times as you can see.

On the student visa thread, student application takes nothing less than 3months on average, and it is gonna keep increasing as there have been a sudden influx in the number of application coming from Nigeria for all category of visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 12:57am On Aug 16, 2016
jayfierce:
Its now 96 DAYS sad sad
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livchi: 7:21am On Aug 16, 2016
can i get update on anyone that apply via paper route for visiting in first week of july?? this their processing time is crazy, though i know that paper route is been handle in Lagos here for visiting alone, while that of study permit is in Ghana i also think that they will be the one taking care of ever online application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
96 days? does this mean my passport will not be stamped before the date of the conference I'm supposed to attend? which is 14th October
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
Good day my people,please, is it possible for someone to help drop passport when requested by CIC. I work in Doha but I want to apply for Canada visit visa with my son who is in Nigeria. Online application will be best for me because I will take a week break off to be in Nigeria to apply while I return back to work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
Yea , you can get someone to help drop off your passport if you get a passport request.

CHERIPH:
Good day my people,please, is it possible for someone to help drop passport when requested by CIC. I work in Doha but I want to apply for Canada visit visa with my son who is in Nigeria. Online application will be best for me because I will take a week break off to be in Nigeria to apply while I return back to work.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
[quote author=shadeebee78 post=48538348]Yea , you can get someone to help drop off your passport if you get a passport request.

Thanks boss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Enibeauty(f): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello nairalander,
please,what are the process to follow in applying for tourist visa to Canada?
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
Enibeauty:
Hello nairalander,
please,what are the process to follow in applying for tourist visa to Canada?
Thanks

I spent three days reading the whole thread.

There is a lot to learn, pls do same except you have specific questions or issues while applying

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
paparazzi1987:

Its now 96 DAYS sad sad

Lol. You mean 97 days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kojokojo122: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2016
Morning house, submitted a family application on the 21st of July, got a 6month uk visa on my passport. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who submitted around that time and still hoping for a favourable outcome.

Na wao for this 97days waiting o , it was 36days when I submitted shocked
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livchi: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2016
CHERIPH:

@ please did you submit was it by paper or by online
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livchi: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2016
kojokojo122:
Morning house, submitted a family application on the 21st of July, got a 6month uk visa on my passport. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who submitted around that time and still hoping for a favourable outcome.

Na wao for this 97days waiting o , it was 36days when I submitted shocked

I equally submitted on 19th July, got a valid US visa on my passport which has been used but yet to here anything from them.

did you submit via paper or online? my is paper
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sheriph: 8:47am On Aug 17, 2016
livchi:

@ please did you submit was it by paper or by online

I have not submitted yet...i am arranging my documents at the moment. but i will apply soonest....it will definitely be online. cos if i do paper.. i will need to attach my passport.. and how will i get back to Doha
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jredlom(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2016
Any in Mcgill University and going to Mcgill?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kojokojo122: 11:29am On Aug 17, 2016
I applied via paper. Please keep me posted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kojokojo122: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
livchi:

I equally submitted on 19th July, got a valid US visa on my passport which has been used but yet to here anything from them.

did you submit via paper or online? my is paper

I applied via paper. Please keep me posted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Just to share an update with you all. A relation of mine applied for a Canadian Visa online on 26 April 2016. The original passport request just came out today 17 August 2016 (113 days). I guess this in line with the update of shadeebee78 who submitted on 12 April 2016 and received Passport Request on 4 August 2016 (114 days).

To others who submitted online in late April or May 2016, you can use these timelines as a benchmark. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
sheriph:

I have not submitted yet...i am arranging my documents at the moment. but i will apply soonest....it will definitely be online. cos if i do paper.. i will need to attach my passport.. and how will i get back to Doha
If you're not in a hurry to travel to Canada, you may do online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
jredlom:
Any in Mcgill University and going to Mcgill?
I'd advise you look for the Canada Student Visa Thread on NL where your answer can be well handled by fellow students . I am very sure you'd get enough response from the folks in-there. This thread is mainly for those already working but want to visit Canada temporarily ( and those who have already traveled but would like to share experiences with others on how they got their visa, vis a vis time taken to get same. Hope this helps smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
thebaft:
Just to share an update with you all. A relation of mine applied for a Canadian Visa online on 26 April 2016. The original passport request just came out today 17 August 2016 (113 days). I guess this in line with the update of shadeebee78 who submitted on 12 April 2016 and received Passport Request on 4 August 2016 (114 days).

To others who submitted online in late April or May 2016, you can use these timelines as a benchmark. Cheers!
This online route...HUN! Congrats to the applicant, at last.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
thebaft:

Thanks for the information! I was doing same calculations today based on the info provided by shadeebee78. I had to quickly discard that line of thought because it meant I still have 18days to go since I submitted in mid May 2016. Lol.

If the processing times keep going the way it's going we might be looking at 113days. I hope CIC has a limit to such and will put in more resources to bring it down.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackkie: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2016
Ma'am, I sent you a request few days ago, kindly attend to it please.

awelekiti:
If you're not in a hurry to travel to Canada, you may do online.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Blackkie:
Ma'am, I sent you a request few days ago, kindly attend to it please.

I be guy like you o, lol. Please check your email box, spam folder or trash can, cos I replied you same day. You may send another PM. Cheers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RoboNG: 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Dear All, I need to know -in online application after approved the visa how many days CIC giving for submit the passport to VFS.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
RoboNG:
Dear All, I need to know -in online application after approved the visa how many days CIC giving for submit the passport to VFS.

30 days.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olurock50(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
How do i apply for Canadian student visa and pls which uni would you recommend for someone who wants to further his Phd programs in microbiology. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackkie: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Mail resent.

awelekiti:
I be guy like you o, lol. Please check your email box, spam folder or trash can, cos I replied you same day. You may send another PM. Cheers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2016
Blackkie:
Mail resent.

mail replied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.