Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323437 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wendymalik: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good afternoon guys. Please who is in Winnipeg Manitoba let's link up.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

What consent form again? If your mom would be the one to collect her passport I don't think that necessary?

It was sent through DHL. I use to know it's 1 consent form to sign. But I just read a recent post here saying 2 consent form. That is why I am concerned. And no, she cannot do pick up as she is in Anambra and we sent the passport to Lagos since that was were she did the biometrics.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
Okay I will change it to 10 days, thank you so much
Newbiein2016:
I'm thinking 10days can get you to spend about ₦7.5m. See flights and airbnb estimates (airbnb is 20mins from Toronto, leaving you with a fair budget for food, activities & transport).

That's up to you regarding the UK adult. As she isn't based in Nigeria, she doesn't serve as a strong hometie for any of her siblings IMO.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please while filling my daughter details for work , she was in secondary school by then , I choose unemployed. The date I should put is the date she was in high school right ? And the address is address of her high school or home address ?

Newbiein2016:
I'm thinking 10days can get you to spend about ₦7.5m. See flights and airbnb estimates (airbnb is 20mins from Toronto, leaving you with a fair budget for food, activities & transport).

That's up to you regarding the UK adult. As she isn't based in Nigeria, she doesn't serve as a strong hometie for any of her siblings IMO.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Yes. She was not employed as she was a student. The education section dates will corroborate this.

The school address should be OK as she was a student.

meljoe:
Please while filling my daughter details for work , she was in secondary school by then , I choose unemployed. The date I should put is the date she was in high school right ? And the address is address of her high school or home address ?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayce19: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Yes. Don't forget copy of passport datapage and her name, phone number should be written on it.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/passport-submission

Hello Please need your assistance. Got Passport request letter since June 20, just submitted through carrier to VFS Lagos for my whole family .Just decided to check my IRCC tracker to see the status of the VISA and it has not been updated. Now after tracking VFS website i saw this (Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2023/07/10. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website)

What could be happening, Could rejection still happen since tracker is not updated with VISA status. Fear dey catch me now based on the experiences i am seeing here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayce19: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hello Please need your assistance. Got Passport request letter since June 20, just submitted through carrier to VFS Lagos for my whole family .Just decided to check my IRCC tracker to see the status of the VISA and it has not been updated. Now after tracking VFS website i saw this (Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2023/07/10. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website)

What could be happening, Could rejection still happen since tracker is not updated with VISA status. Fear dey catch me now based on the experiences i am seeing here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
In the work section , under address I put in the name of her secondary school plus the address is that okay ?? And also when I started filling the form , there’s a section that says if someone is filling for you I clicked yes and I put my name , is that okay ? Under my kid’s application when asked how much will you spend in Canada , should I put in the amount under mine ? And I clicked yes under is someone else giving you money for your stay and I filled it that my mother will be sponsoring the trip , is that okay ? Is it complusory to disclose refusals ? I’m sorry for the plenty questions lol
Newbiein2016:
Yes. She was not employed as she was a student. The education section dates will corroborate this.

The school address should be OK as she was a student.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
The gentleman's case was unique and shouldn't cause any panic yet.

When last was your tracking page updated?

kayce19:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
1. Refusals should be disclosed. People have gotten 5year bans for failing to do this.

2. Keeping her school address is OK.

3. You completing the form is OK as well. You are the main applicant for a group trip and there's nothing wrong with doing this.

4. Might be good to split the budget amongst the group based on the itinerary and budget you have mapped out. So c$1.2k for flights + c$250 for accomodation + c$ 'X' estimate for activities, food etc. should then be listed for each traveller.

meljoe:
In the work section , under address I put in the name of her secondary school plus the address is that okay ?? And also when I started filling the form , there’s a section that says if someone is filling for you I clicked yes and I put my name , is that okay ? Under my kid’s application when asked how much will you spend in Canada , should I put in the amount under mine ? And I clicked yes under is someone else giving you money for your stay and I filled it that my mother will be sponsoring the trip , is that okay ? Is it complusory to disclose refusals ? I’m sorry for the plenty questions lol
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayce19: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
The VFS page was updated on the 10th of July.

The IRCC portal and tracker was updated 20th of June.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amo12345: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lyoncrescent:
Good Evening Guys. Please I need advice. I was nominated for a conference by my organisation a federal government agency to attend in Canada with the corresponding agency there . The issue we have is the conference was announced late and due to bureaucracy we also got approval late and the event is holding first week of June. We have all the documents and all but is it possible in anyway to get a visa between now and the first week of June if one applies this week ?

For conferences that are announced like 2 to 3 months before the date, is there a way to get the visa within the time range for future purposes cos the timelines I am seeing on this thread is quite long. Thank you.
hi, I hope this find u well, and congratulations on ur visa, pls, I would be applying for a conference with my colleagues at office, I work with federal government parastata, which docs did u submitted, did u attach bank statement and properties docs/employment docs cos I have read some of the requirements here for tourist, don't know if it's same for government sponsored conference too, would be glad to read from you soon, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbiein2016: 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
If the IRCC tracking portal (https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) was last updated on 20th June, it has an update indicating they sent you a message & it is very likely the next update might have your visa details on tracker.

Don't worry unless you need to. Your passport is out for stamping, so just hold on until you get notified for delivery

kayce19:
The VFS page was updated on the 10th of July.

The IRCC portal and tracker was updated 20th of June.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2023
Thank you so much , it’s 7.5m for 10 days and in Canadian dollar is 12,692. I divided it by 4 which is 3,173 . I’m going to fill 3,173 for everyone including mine right ? And filling for my kids that the funds are not available to them and filling im the one sponsoring doesn’t matter ?
Newbiein2016:
1. Refusals should be disclosed. People have gotten 5year bans for failure to do this.

2. Keeping her school address is OK.

3. You completing the form is OK as well. You are the main applicant for a group trip and there's nothing wrong with doing this.

4. Might be good to split the budget amongst the group based on the itinerary and budget you have mapped out. So c$1.2k for flights + c$250 for accomodation + c$ 'X' estimate for activities, food etc. should then be listed for each traveller.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please this is the documents I’m submitting

4 Bank Statements
Cac
Family Pictures
Sponsorship Letter
Visas and stamps of me and my kids
Birth certificate
Cover letter
Property documents
Tenancy Agreements
Marriage Certificate
Admission Letter
Hostel receipts for each year
School fees receipt for each year
Id card

Do you think anything else I can add ?

Do I need to book hotel reservations and flight reservations? Do I need to upload that too ?

Newbiein2016:
If the IRCC tracking portal (https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login) was last updated on 20th June, it has an update indicating they sent you a message & it is very likely the next update might have your visa details on tracker.

Don't worry unless you need to. Your passport is out for stamping, so just hold on until you get notified for delivery

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayce19: 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:

Thanks for this..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amule5000us(m): 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please can 2.2 get admission in Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omokas2: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2023
Newbiein2016:

My page was last updated May 11 till now have gotten no update .I am confused about the whole system

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:44am On Jul 12, 2023
Jossy43:

Thank you for your prompt response , if you dont mind can i personally chat you up on telegram ? I have a few questions to ask if you dont mind. My id is @pumpin43 . Thank you and Stay blessed
You can send a PM, I will share you my WhatsApp number der. I’m not active on telegram.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:45am On Jul 12, 2023
Amule5000us:
Please can 2.2 get admission in Canada
Yes but apply to colleges
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:46am On Jul 12, 2023
meljoe:
Which is under group table right ?

I don’t understand “under group table”
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:53am On Jul 12, 2023
meljoe:

Home address. There sud be space for education history, declare high school der.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 1:55am On Jul 12, 2023
meljoe:
Please this is the documents I’m submitting

4 Bank Statements
Cac
Family Pictures
Sponsorship Letter
Visas and stamps of me and my kids
Birth certificate
Cover letter
Property documents
Tenancy Agreements
Marriage Certificate
Admission Letter
Hostel receipts for each year
School fees receipt for each year
Id card

Do you think anything else I can add ?

Do I need to book hotel reservations and flight reservations? Do I need to upload that too ?

Don’t book anything, you don’t know when your application will be approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 12, 2023
kayce19:

Lol, I was once in your shoes. Trust me you have NOTHING to be worried about. Your passport has been forwarded for stamping. Next message would be it being returned to VFS, followed by collection.

Congratulations btw.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 12, 2023
Amo12345:
hi, I hope this find u well, and congratulations on ur visa, pls, I would be applying for a conference with my colleagues at office, I work with federal government parastata, which docs did u submitted, did u attach bank statement and properties docs/employment docs cos I have read some of the requirements here for tourist, don't know if it's same for government sponsored conference too, would be glad to read from you soon, thanks.
Is the govt sponsoring your trip? Do you have a note verbale? If you have this very important document, your bank statement will just be for formality as it won’t be used. I also work with a govt agency and that’s how I got my visa.

And yes. You’d need your employment letter, ID cards, and any other work certificates you’ve got. Letter of introduction from your employer, etc.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2023
Phakabir06:

@Codedarrow how long does your notes takes to come out. Guess its CBSA. Good news soon . Mine also have passed both criminality and eligibility. Was told by MP but still want to order for notes.

Has your Eligibility complete on the tracker?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by codedarrow: 8:16am On Jul 12, 2023
Yes
Hola55:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ogbafamily: 8:28am On Jul 12, 2023
SweetJJ:
Update: the visa details has been updated on my moms tracker. Thanks guys!

Please what do I do, I just noticed that she submitted just one consent form instead of two. Should she waybill the 2nd one also or hold on? Please what's the way forward, right now?

Checked mine yday, not sure I noticed. What does the visa details look like? Does it start with V?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ogbafamily: 8:30am On Jul 12, 2023
zeb04:

After paying the transmission fee to the account number, you print out your receipt and add it to other documents before you send to Vfs

Already sent without transmission receipt. Paid yday and sent an email with evidence of payment to vfs email, hope they will work?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uzomacl(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2023
Thank you very much for your response @Emmafe

How much is the transmission fee? What if I cannot find my yellow biometrics slip anymore? Will this cause any hindrance in submitting my passport for stamping? I hope that in person collection of passports is allowed at the VFS office in Abuja?

Emmafe:

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip

If you’re paying transmission fee, you’ve to pay online n include the proof along with other documents.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2023
Hola55:

Yes it has shows completed . The MP also said have passed
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Queenfunlola(f): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2023
Good morning guys, am depressed and I don o know what to do again,
I have a study permit already am for sept 2023.
so I applied for my baby on June 15 and I have not received her visa yet.
I raised a web form twice on July 6 and wrote email to ircc. The tracker still shows nothing has been done onher application they just update that they have received our messages.
The mail also was replied still nothing.
What can I do again please resumption is near

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: wunmit202, williamszooh, Eriokanmi, biggybanking and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.