Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2322899 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cotyozimede: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
[ I pay 16 350 for my kid quote author=Emmafe post=124372794]Ppr is the koko, leave tracker update for them. Transmission fee is N9,410 buh I think it’s higher for kids. I’m not sure if the new price for courier service. [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deepsea14: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
Does this apply if biometrics was done in Lagos too?
Emmafe:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Abuja vfs address
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District Abuja Nigeria
https://www.vfsglobal.com/Malaysia/Nigeria/pdf/SMS-Request.pdf
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Deepsea14:
Does this apply if biometrics was done in Lagos too?
Send to lagos vfs else you’ll pay for transmission fee
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
ashiwajew:

Thank you very much for the detailed response. They did their biometric in 2018 in Abuja, are we expected to pay transmission fee since we are submitting to Abuja, or what other fees apply to their situation?
They won’t need to pay since it’s Abuja they had der biometrics. If they’re picking up no extra charges, if they want home delivery Dey will pay 30k+ to vfs courier.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeb04(f): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
Emmafe:
Did my flagpole today, converted my visitor visa to open work permit. I will update the post later, I’m very tired, I saw shege cry

Congratulations… i didn’t even know that was possible.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
zeb04:

Congratulations… i didn’t even know that was possible.
It’s possible bcox I’ve a spouse here. The process didn’t take up to 10mins sef, na before the process be Wahala cry

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackfinegirl(f): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Emmafe:
Did my flagpole today, converted my visitor visa to open work permit. I will update the post later, I’m very tired, I saw shege cry

Nice one!!!! Congratulations!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Haryour124: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
Emmafe:
It’s possible bcox I’ve a spouse here. The process didn’t take up to 10mins sef, na before the process be Wahala cry

So happy for u🤝Congratulations…. So if one doesn’t ave a spouse there, I don’t think it will be dis stressfree.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
Haryour124:

So happy for u🤝Congratulations…. So if one doesn’t ave a spouse there, I don’t think it will be dis stressfree.
It won’t be possible to convert to open work permit. I can only convert to close work permit with LMIA job offer.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyynx(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
advice on how you got the LMIA job offer please or can i give you a call ?
Emmafe:
It won’t be possible to convert to open work permit. I can only convert to close work permit with LMIA job offer.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
prettyynx:
advice on how you got the LMIA job offer please or can i give you a call ?
I’m still job hunting, did four interviews last week n I’ve two this week, Rn I can’t give advice on job especially LMIA. I’m still waiting to see anyone I can get first hand info from so I cn update my folks back home too. I posted a youtube video that talked about this, pls check my previous replies for the link.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ejanla10: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hi is it possible to enter Canada with a visitor visa for a conference but the conference has ended and I was giving visa and what can I do to extend my stay in Canada please I need your advice

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Drawer: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hello Guys,
I’m looking to book flight to Canada for my parents. Can someone tell me which airline is affordable. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jossy43: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
Emmafe:
You can send a PM, I will share you my WhatsApp number der. I’m not active on telegram.
Good evening , ive been trying to Pm you but it says ive sent too many messages and i am not sure u got any. Can you kindly Pm me with the number. Sorry for any inconvenience caused . Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
Jossy43:

Good evening , ive been trying to Pm you but it says ive sent too many messages and i am not sure u got any. Can you kindly Pm me with the number. Sorry for any inconvenience caused . Thank you
Okay done
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
Zirconia16:
Pls anyone successfully reach Canada VFS via phone. Cos their number is literally impossible to reach. Or how can one successfully reach them?

Do you know if they issue refunds? I paid 30k plus for 1-way courier however their site now says it's back to the 18k. Anyone in these same shoes as me?

Will appreciate a response. Thank you all once again.

When did you pay? Their site says effective July 10th, it's back to 18,710 or so
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Amo12345:
hi, I hope this find u well, and congratulations on ur visa, pls, I would be applying for a conference with my colleagues at office, I work with federal government parastata, which docs did u submitted, did u attach bank statement and properties docs/employment docs cos I have read some of the requirements here for tourist, don't know if it's same for government sponsored conference too, would be glad to read from you soon, thanks.

I submitted my Payslip as additional document. I submitted a letter from my organisation stating they will pay for the entire trip. I also submitted a letter of invitation sent by the organisation in Canada. Also submitted soft copy of my NIN. That's all I submitted. I did not attach my bank statement. I did not attach any property documents.

However the copy of the letter of invitation I submitted was sent to the Canadian high commission in Nigeria by the organisation in canada before I made the application. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
Guys, s message came in saying " your status has change " and I also checked my tracker and it says application closed. All parameters completed

What does that means.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
Succeed04:
Guys, s message came in saying " your status has change " and I also checked my tracker and it says application closed. All parameters completed

What does that means.

Have you received your ppr? And has your passport been stamped? If yes that is it!

It means that a decision has been made on your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Emmafe:

Please share experience,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LadeSho: 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Emmafe:

Congratulations 🎉 . Please what’s was the process like, I plan to do that also when I join my husband next month. I want to plan ahead. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Succeed04: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
SweetJJ:

Have you received your ppr? And has your passport been stamped? If yes that is it!

It means that a decision has been made on your application.

I have received ppr since June 13, and have submitted my passport. Got message that my passport is ready for collection In Abuja but I applied in Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Congratulations chief, please do you do medic in Nigeria before you travel?

Please gist us how the flagpole goes and the required doc?

What category do you choose when you are booking for your medical?

Emmafe:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Good evening Sir/Maa, pls I need an urgent answer my Sister got PPR ON THE 27TH OF JUNE LAST MONTH AND SHE HAS BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT FOR JULY 14 FOR PASSPORT SUBMISSION BUT SHE LATER GOT ANODA MESSAGE ON THE 7TH OF DIS MONTH DAT SHE SHOULD DISREGARD THE PPR MESSAGE SENT TO HER THAT D MESSAGE WAS SENT BY ERROR PLS I NEED ADVICE ON WOT IS SHOULD DO CONCERNING DIS WEATHER SHE GO FOR SUBMISSION AT LAGOS OR SHE SHOULD CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT. PLS ADVICE.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jumms442: 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
Emmafe:
wow congratulations emmafe, pls update us later , sorry for the stress
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayce19: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
I need guidance. I submitted my passport for family of 3 but i sent the passports together in an envelope. Are my to pay courier fee for the 3 of us for delivery back.Cos i paid only 30k for delivery.Kindly guide
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
Okay thank you so much. Do I upload all the documents for each person or select it ?

Newbiein2016:
Could you add latest transcripts as well if available as the goal is to point out that these kids have to return to complete school.

Anything that can prove your ties needs to be added e.g. I recall a friend who was the chair of their 'ajo' meeting of 35 persons included a signed statement regarding their end of year party to drive home her own ties. She also had the church send a stamped letter as part of some festive events she was leading (and as a bona-fide and active church member). I thought it was funny but after thinking it through, it made sense.

Point being, Canada is quite finicky with tourist visas and they'll always err on the side of caution if they have any concern, whatever you think will help, include it.

Re: flight and hotel, I always include those in visa applications as I don’t see anything wrong here. I go for book on hold and/or options with free cancellation. Never pay for any of these without a confirmed visa.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by GodsOwn2004(m): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Congratulations@Emmafe.

I'm interested in getting first hand info regarding this.

Is it advisable to do 'upfront medical'?

Thank you.

Emmafe:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
I learnt it’s not advisable but wait for him to give us the whole experience

GodsOwn2004:
Congratulations@Emmafe.

I'm interested in getting first hand info regarding this.

Is it advisable to do 'upfront medical'?

Thank you.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lanrebobokay: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
Temitaryor1:
Good evening Sir/Maa, pls I need an urgent answer my Sister got PPR ON THE 27TH OF JUNE LAST MONTH AND SHE HAS BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT FOR JULY 14 FOR PASSPORT SUBMISSION BUT SHE LATER GOT ANODA MESSAGE ON THE 7TH OF DIS MONTH DAT SHE SHOULD DISREGARD THE PPR MESSAGE SENT TO HER THAT D MESSAGE WAS SENT BY ERROR PLS I NEED ADVICE ON WOT IS SHOULD DO CONCERNING DIS WEATHER SHE GO FOR SUBMISSION AT LAGOS OR SHE SHOULD CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT. PLS ADVICE.

Aaaaaiyaaaaaaa!!!!!! i feel your pain as i am in the same shoe too. Mine is even worse self i submitted my passport with other members of my family before i got the same disregard message, now passport don hang for were nobody knows. i have called , mailed , texted, web chatted every means i can think of. i even went to submit hard copy letter at the embassy and no response yet. To retrieve the passports is my main concern now as the passports are needed for urgent trips by end of this month.

My advice to her is to cancel the appointment and continue praying cos as we dey we no know where dem dey carry us go. WAHALA!!!! WAHALA!!! in Portable's voice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Temitaryor1: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lanrebobokay:

Aaaaaiyaaaaaaa!!!!!! i feel your pain as i am in the same shoe too. Mine is even worse self i submitted my passport with other members of my family before i got the same disregard message, now passport don hang for were nobody knows. i have called , mailed , texted, web chatted every means i can think of. i even went to submit hard copy letter at the embassy and no response yet. To retrieve the passports is my main concern now as the passports are needed for urgent trips by end of this month.

My advice to her is to cancel the appointment and continue praying cos as we dey we no know where dem dey carry us go. WAHALA!!!! WAHALA!!! in Portable's voice

Naa big wahala oooo. Have u try to track d passport by using d tracking number sent to u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by qonfupanda: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hi guys,

Here us my visa story , applied on the 16th of March 2023 from UK and got PPR mail on the 27th of June and got my passport back on the 10th of July. It was a 2 years visa as my biometric is meant to expire by 2025. I was refused student visa 7 years ago and US refused my visa application last month also for reason best known to them. I intend to apply for my wife and I would like to add my visa page to it, she has not been to any country before aside from UK however I have 3 siblings in Canada and they are all PR holders. Kindly advice on any additional document you think might help.

NB: I did not even submit any payslip nor house contract o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: mikeayus(m), jj17cv(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.