Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326395 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
shadeebee78:
Hello my people please can you guys tell me how to go about getting or changing date at the US website. Trying to apply for visa for an infant, the parents already have visas. Got a date in January but they would like an earlier date.
Hope you found the answer to your question? As for US visa threads, there's actually more than one and you shouldn't be scared of playing with new kids. wink
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Thank you @jayfierce ...I did. Lol @ not being afraid to play with new kids .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bummi101: 7:23am On Nov 28, 2016
Hello,

I plan applying for Canadian tourists visa (TRA ) .. my childhood friend is inviting .

please what do I need to support my application in other to have a successful application.

How long does the visa application process take ?

What can I use as a strong tie as I do not have landed property or banks

My childhood friend who is a permanent resident is inviting me to visit him

I intend to travel for 2weeks and return back to naija

Here are some of the documents i plan to submit:
* Application form (IMM5257B)
Application fee
* Valid Passport
* Prove of travel history
* Current us visa
* flight ticket (book on hold)
* Travel Itinerary
* Medical insurance
* Medical Insurance ID Card from my HMO.
* Host in Canada information( not host is a permanent resident)
* Invitation letter
* Host utility bill receipts
* Employment letter
* Prove of leave from work
* Letter of introduction/ identification from my office
* CV--a general overview of my career progression and my academic qualifications.
* All original and photocopies of my degrees and certificates.
* 3 months payslip for my current job
* A photocopy of my current ID Card.
* Budget sheet
* Travel Itinerary
* Three Statement of Accounts--pension accounts, my salary account and savings account
* 3months Bank statement (1.6million naira balance )
My current house rent receipt that I just paid 1m that will expire nov 2017
* cover letter that addresses each point that the visa officer will consider when reviewing the application

So experts in the House , kindly advise how best I can show the Visa officer that I have strong ties.. am single , but I have a decent job
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2016
@Bummi101
Have you used the getting started link below? The questionnaire will generate the list of documents to submit. Paper application is known to be faster than online application. Remember to hover over "i" for more information on list of documents to submit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Please Use this guide to fill the forms and cross check if you have all the required forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp

Please read the guides used by the visa officers assess your application if you haven't done so already:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/admissibility.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/proof.asp

Your certificates and CV are really not necessary for a Visitors visa. Focus more on official documents that show your career progression.

"Assets" is grouped together with "financial status" in refusal letters. Together they give an idea of your net worth. Assets are also a tie to your home country. Other ties are financial obligations, responsibilities, travel history, and family. Your statement of account speaks volumes of your obligations or responsibilities and can be used to assess you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
@Vuitton007

@Vuitton007 Now if everyone goes private with their concerns, would we learn anything? We all are anonymous with our account handles so there's nothing to be shy about. Nobody knows anyone. Please feel free to post your concerns on here and you never know who you'd be helping. Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 29, 2016
Thanks again,please would like to know some interesting places and tourist centers to visit in canada with the kids,im applying as a tourist and hotels too,please how do i make reservations, God bless!please,is it advisable to apply this dec?or when is the best to apply to avoid rush.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bummi101: 6:41am On Nov 29, 2016
jayfierce:
@Bummi101
Have you used the getting started link below? The questionnaire will generate the list of documents to submit. Paper application is known to be faster than online application. Remember to hover over "i" for more information on list of documents to submit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Please Use this guide to fill the forms and cross check if you have all the required forms:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp

Please read the guides used by the visa officers assess your application if you haven't done so already:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/admissibility.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/proof.asp

Your certificates and CV are really not necessary for a Visitors visa. Focus more on official documents that show your career progression.

"Assets" is grouped together with "financial status" in refusal letters. Together they give an idea of your net worth. Assets are also a tie to your home country. Other ties are financial obligations, responsibilities, travel history, and family. Your statement of account speaks volumes of your obligations or responsibilities and can be used to assess you.

Thanks for your response..

What are my chances
Because am going to be a first time applicant to the Canadain embassy
I have gone through all the requirements, as a salary earner and been single girl what extra documents can I use to to support my application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Bummi101:

Thanks for your response..

What are my chances
Because am going to be a first time applicant to the Canadain embassy
I have gone through all the requirements, as a salary earner and been single girl what extra documents can I use to to support my application
Good morning. It's good to be a salary earner. The amount you earn as salary and long term prospects at your job are also considered.

As for extra documents, do you have a tax payment document like tax clearance certificate? Not only does it show you as a responsible citizen, it also summarises your annual income for the past three years. It is good if your payslip reflects your tax but it is better when you have proper tax documentation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Humility01: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Dear all,

You guys have being doing wonderful job here. I say thank you for helping one another.

I have being following this topic for some time now but this is my first time of posting a comment. My family was recently denied a Canadian visa. Reasons for refusal is "purpose of travel and travel history". Following the advice on this forum, I applied for the GCMS note and got it today. Surprisingly, the GCMS note of 24 pages pdf file that contains more of their internal codes. The main point for refusal was not still clear as the VO simply stated that
"Based on a review of the application and supporting documents and after considering the purpose of travel, travel history, financial status (earnings/savings), family ties both in Canada and homeland and the overall establishment of the applicant, I am not satisfied that the applicant is sufficiently established so as to motivate a timely departure. Refused."

About my application: I work in a bank at a middle management level. These are some of the documents submitted

* Application form
* Old passport containing used visas to UK, Dubai, France
* Current passport with valid but yet to be used US visa (the plan is to combine the trip to US and Canada)
* Hotel booking using booking.com
* Flight booking
* Employment letter dated back to 2007
* Promotion letters
* Letter of introduction from my employer indicating leave period and leave entitlement of about N2.8m
* Medical Insurance ID Card from HMO.
* Lagos State Tax clearance card
* Pension fund statement from IBTC
* Life Assurance letter from IGI
* Education support insurance for my kids from Mutual Benefit Insurance
* Statement of investments for my kids
* Mortgage letter (I took a mortgage from my bank to buy a property in Lekki). All mortgage documents included.
* Documents for landed property in Ikorodu and Ajah
* 6 months payslip
* Photocopy of staff ID Card.
* Bank statement of salary account and investment accounts worth more than N6m
* Letter of introduction from my kids' school
* However, I did not include travel itinerary but stated places we wanted to visit in the SOP letter.

Honestly, I am surprised at their refusal because I have never been refused a visa before. One thing that is very clear from the GCMS note is that they share data with the US.

Just decided to share the story of my application. I hope to reapply again when I come back from the US.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
this CIC people are becoming something else.

with the rate of visitors visa denial nowadays, i really fear for my family app.

God continue to help and bless us all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Humility01:

Honestly, I am surprised at their refusal because I have never been refused a visa before. One thing that is very clear from the GCMS note is that they share data with the US.
Just decided to share the story of my application. I hope to reapply again when I come back from the US.
You need a coding kit to decipher the codes used. Here's the download link:
https://caipsnotes.com/Docs/download.php?name=CAIPS_Coding_Kit.pdf
Please kindly let us know if you are able to get more information from the GCMS using the coding kit.

I'm really upset at the spate of refusals, and I've gone ahead to apply for a GCMS note. I want look deeper into their reasons and reasoning for granting or refusing a Visa. It's either they've raised their standards or they are enforcing it 110% which could translate to a refusal for a small mistake. Or maybe they are considering the economic recession as grounds to refuse applicants. It's annoying.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
jayfierce:
You need a coding kit to decipher the codes used. Here's the download link:
https://caipsnotes.com/Docs/download.php?name=CAIPS_Coding_Kit.pdf
Please kindly let us know if you are able to get more information from the GCMS using the coding kit.

I'm really upset at the spate of refusals, and I've gone ahead to apply for a GCMS note. I want look deeper into their reasons and reasoning for granting or refusing a Visa. It's either they've raised their standards or they are enforcing it 110% which could translate to a refusal for a small mistake. Or maybe they are considering the economic recession as grounds to refuse applicants. It's annoying.

@the bolded is about my worst worry for Nigerians applying for entry visa to these countries, what such will very likely snowball into soon! N5m in your account used to be about USD25k, it is now as low as USD10-12k. This sure will have its multiplier effect in the shortest time.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
Humility01:
Dear all,

You guys have being doing wonderful job here. I say thank you for helping one another.

I have being following this topic for some time now but this is my first time of posting a comment. My family was recently denied a Canadian visa. Reasons for refusal is "purpose of travel and travel history". Following the advice on this forum, I applied for the GCMS note and got it today. Surprisingly, the GCMS note of 24 pages pdf file that contains more of their internal codes. The main point for refusal was not still clear as the VO simply stated that
"Based on a review of the application and supporting documents and after considering the purpose of travel, travel history, financial status (earnings/savings), family ties both in Canada and homeland and the overall establishment of the applicant, I am not satisfied that the applicant is sufficiently established so as to motivate a timely departure. Refused."

About my application: I work in a bank at a middle management level. These are some of the documents submitted

* Application form
* Current passport with valid but yet to be used US visa (the plan is to combine the trip to US and Canada)
* Flight booking
* Promotion letters
* Letter of introduction from my employer indicating leave period and leave entitlement of about N2.8m
* Mortgage letter (I took a mortgage from my bank to buy a property in Lekki). All mortgage documents included.
* 6 months payslip
* However, I did not include travel itinerary but stated places we wanted to visit in the SOP letter.

Thanks for sharing this. You're right on the data sharing between USA and Canada. It's for the security of their citizens and borders. US,UK and Canada now share data as well, from what I learnt recently. Please in your previous trip(s) to the UK, have you at one time or the other exceeded your stay? Have you sponsored anybody to the aforementioned countries in the past and the person abused the visa e.g. your wife, by exceeding her stay? 6m naira account balance is just +/- 20kUSD , that might not be considered to be enough for the entire family's trip(depending on your leght of stay and the number of family members going with you though). Return ticket now is almost 1m on the average, depending on the airline. At times the way the VOs reason on finanes can be very funny. It's a fact our naira is worth nothing and by the time it's converted to CAD or USD, it's nothing. I just returned from a trip and by the time I calculated how much I had spent, from flight tickets to Canada and within, from ON-BC-Winnipeg and back home together with hotel bills and feeding, I screamed!! I said to myself I must take a break for some time if things should continue this way...it's crazy. Though those trips were compulsory. The above rate I gave was a rough estimate of forex officially, which no traveller can access, except you guys working in a bank,lol. Even though travellers were asked by the CBN to go to travelex at the airport with boarding passes, BVN card and passport before they could sell USD to us at 360naira or based on the forex rate prevailing as at the day of departure. They were playing politics with it with their delay tatics. The queue too was crazy. Black market was the last resort. Sorry for digressing bro. Just to explain that one needs to tidy up finances these days before applying for a visa and one shouldn't look at the value from our currency's perspective which is now like that of Zimbabwe grin Kindly address these areas to enable the house advise you better before you reapply. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tarry(m): 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
Humility01:
Dear all,.

Apply again while you are in the US, and attach your return ticket to US. You stand a very good chance of getting the TRV while in the US and you are eligible to apply as a visitor to the US
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justsaypie: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Tarry:

Apply again while you are in the US, and attach your return ticket to US. You stand a very good chance of getting the TRV while in the US and you are eligible to apply as a visitor to the US

This is a better option and would advice the same. This RECESSION is just bad in every way, its the REAL reason they're refusing a lot of people visas, they know how hard things are right now, a lot of people just want a better life. I wish everyone applying luck, we all need it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 1:00am On Nov 30, 2016
Humility01:
Dear all,

* Application form
* Flight booking
* Promotion letters
* 6 months payslip

@Humility01 I honestly feel for you on this application cos it looks quite detailed and worthy. Maybe and just maybe they've reached or very near their quota for the year as for number of visas issued to this country. I'm of the believe that they have a number they are working with on number of visas granted to each foreign country.

Anyways, I think you should maybe work on and improve the financial aspect of your application. As many have said, our naira is fast losing ground and may be given serious consideration when making their decision. In my opinion, every other aspect of your application looks good except of course if there are concerns on ur previous travels with overstay and all.

In addition, you may apply from when you're already in the US as well, at least someone on here(travelpoint) said he did that and it worked for him. You'll have to print your statement of account with other supporting docs and hold with you on your trip to the US. I'm just thinking since you must have purchased your travel tickets together with that of your family, it will have an effect on your statement of account thus reduce the account stamina. I'm just thinking outside the box here, maybe you should go to the US, come back, take your time, and refire. OR, you could give it a try from within the US, the choice is yours. But if I were you, I may lean more towards going to the US, return in a timely manner(say after 2weeks), take my time to work on our account(husband and wife) and other areas of the application, then re-apply. Wish you and fam the very best in all.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
GCMS notes received today; no extra info contained therein. Na wah!

Also, no codes within the notes to decode using the coding kit shared, Jayfierce.

In the final text, they kuku ma put all the reasons there- say pick any one. angry

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Humility01: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dear all,

@awelekiti, @jayfierce, @manlikegb and other good people, thank you for your comments and words of advice. Sorry for not replying early. I have been very busy in the office.

For my previous travels, I have never stayed beyond 3 weeks in all my previous travels. However, on one occasion, my family (wife and two children) stayed for like two months in UK with her elder sister. I am sure that's not an overstayed.
As per finance. I am not sure the refusal has anything to do with finance because apart from the N6.7m, my bank indicated that I am entitled to a travel allowance of N2.8m. Also, I made payment of over N20m for a plot of land in Ajah just like a month before submitting my application and explained all of that in my letter with necessary supporting documents.

@jayfierce, thanks for the code kid but it didn't offer much help.

@Tarry and @justsaypie, can I apply from the US with Nigerian documents and Naira bank account? My domiciliary account is not so cool because I use it only occasionally.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Humility01: 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
@jukeblam,
I guess we are in the same shoe. The GCMS note did not offer any meaningful explanation. Just standard message for all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jukeblam(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Humility01:
@jukeblam,
I guess we are in the same shoe. The GCMS note did not offer any meaningful explanation. Just standard message for all.

Pretty much; maybe one should free them for now.

Applying from the US might take a bit longer than the time stated; you could try 'googling' the experience of people who have tried via that route to get an idea of actuals too.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mummyf(f): 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
sorry for your refusals @jukeblam and humility01.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Humility01:
Dear all,

@awelekiti, @jayfierce, @manlikegb and other good people, thank you for your comments and words of advice. Sorry for not replying early. I have been very busy in the office.

For my previous travels, I have never stayed beyond 3 weeks in all my previous travels. However, on one occasion, my family (wife and two children) stayed for like two months in UK with her elder sister. I am sure that's not an overstayed.
As per finance. I am not sure the refusal has anything to do with finance because apart from the N6.7m, my bank indicated that I am entitled to a travel allowance of N2.8m. Also, I made payment of over N20m for a plot of land in Ajah just like a month before submitting my application and explained all of that in my letter with necessary supporting documents.

@jayfierce, thanks for the code kid but it didn't offer much help.

@Tarry and @justsaypie, can I apply from the US with Nigerian documents and Naira bank account? My domiciliary account is not so cool because I use it only occasionally.
You're most welcome bro. In my opinion, the documents you highlighted were quite impressive. My only concern was the finance as explained previously, considering the depreciated value of Naira and the fact that you didn't intend to travel alone. Kindly jack up your balance before you reapply. The 20m naira withdrawn from your acct wasn't part of the funds available for your trip. You bought a land with it and that must have earned you some points alongside other assets, as there was nothing like ''Personal Asset and Finance'' as one of the reasons you were refused, which was also why I think the financial status mentioned by the VO was clarified in bracket (earnings/savings) so you'd know the decision wasn't based on (personal asset and finance). The 2.8m was a travel allowance from your employer and not yet made available in your account at the time of your application as well, kindly note all these. That you had never been refused visa prior to your CIC's experience shouldn't be seen as a setback. It happens at times. I had been refused UK years back, even with valid Visas on the passport I applied with and amazingly, I had not been refused visa to any country prior to that time. I reapplied after working on the points raised and my visa was approved. Those VOs dey craze at times sef. One should just be praying for God's favour because at times, it's hard to understand or explain why a visa was refused. All you need do now, is take your time, work on the perceived reasons for refusal and reapply later. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 1:41am On Dec 01, 2016
Don't mind them...i had exactly same experience...i also went to US and re-apply 2days after i return with same documents,send them a very hot,clear letter addressing those points in GCMS notes... they will definitely issue the visa with in a month...it has work for 2 other family...
Humility01:
Dear all,

* Application form
* Flight booking
* Promotion letters
* 6 months payslip

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 4:59am On Dec 01, 2016
My App clocks 130 days today. i have really been suffering in silence grin grin

I called CIC here in Canada >> they refered me to my country CIC office
I sent mail to CIC office in Lagos >> They refered me to Accra office
I sent mail go CIC office in Accra >> No response from them

It is really frustrating, I pray it end well by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tarry(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2016
Humility01:
Dear all,

c

By all standard your application should have been approved, sometimes you don't understand the basis for these VOs decision.

It is very easy to visit Canada while you are in the US and the processing time is usually less than two weeks thought CIC website states 20 days, so as soon as you arrived the US visit either the visa office in Los Angels or New York and apply and state that you also wish to visit Canada before returning to Nigeria. Attach your return ticket to Nigeria and the return ticket reservation to Canada plus the hotel booking.

You can use your Nigeria statement of account but also add your domiciliary account with enough money for the trip because that shows fund accessible since the Nigeria account is not longer accessible abroad.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Humility01: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2016
Thank you all

@awelekiti, head up for your words of encouragement. I will work on the finances as advised
@tarry, will look at the option and reach a decision with wifey
@nam16, I agree with you. Those guys can be nasty for no just reason.

To all others still awaiting response, wishing you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2016
Good morning Jukeblam and Humility01. You were refused on same reasons and given same generic response. If I would trust the GCMS Notes, the summary is "overall establishment". This could be your net worth and long term prospects viewed in light of the current economic situation. A mortgage is a debt instrument and could negatively affect your financial status. It may normally be overkill to compare the economic value of a commercial house, a personal house, and a barren land, but in the light of a recession, these things may be considered.

Nigeria is top 5 on the list of countries whose citizens have filed for asylum in the last 10 years. Asylum is good when it's justified but it calls for concern when students or visitors who have no need for asylum, file for it and disappear into the crowd. It is normal to expect an increase due to the recession and I guess IRCC are raising their walls to handle it.

I agree with jukeblam, I think they should be left alone for now. "Repackage and Refire immediately" is outdated and was used when our Economy was buoyant. Please enjoy your vacation in any other country that you have access to. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
Application refused..reason

Family ties in canada and country of citizenship .

Please I want to refire next week. How do I tackle this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eneyedan(m): 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
paparazzi1987 just go for paper route SOWP to be on the safe side
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please is sowp paper route process in lagos ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.