Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2335244 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Frostbaby: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please, any idea about yellow card (polio vaccination) being requested for in lagos before boarding. A frd of mine said he was asked, although he was travelling to Australia. Is that applicable to Canada as well? I tot the medicals should cover for all.
Urgent please........ Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Humility01:
Dear all,

You guys have being doing wonderful job here. I say thank you for helping one another.

I have being following this topic for some time now but this is my first time of posting a comment. My family was recently denied a Canadian visa. Reasons for refusal is "purpose of travel and travel history". Following the advice on this forum, I applied for the GCMS note and got it today. Surprisingly, the GCMS note of 24 pages pdf file that contains more of their internal codes. The main point for refusal was not still clear as the VO simply stated that
"Based on a review of the application and supporting documents and after considering the purpose of travel, travel history, financial status (earnings/savings), family ties both in Canada and homeland and the overall establishment of the applicant, I am not satisfied that the applicant is sufficiently established so as to motivate a timely departure. Refused."

About my application: I work in a bank at a middle management level. These are some of the documents submitted

* Application form
* Old passport containing used visas to UK, Dubai, France
* Current passport with valid but yet to be used US visa (the plan is to combine the trip to US and Canada)
* Hotel booking using booking.com
* Flight booking
* Employment letter dated back to 2007
* Promotion letters
* Letter of introduction from my employer indicating leave period and leave entitlement of about N2.8m
* Medical Insurance ID Card from HMO.
* Lagos State Tax clearance card
* Pension fund statement from IBTC
* Life Assurance letter from IGI
* Education support insurance for my kids from Mutual Benefit Insurance
* Statement of investments for my kids
* Mortgage letter (I took a mortgage from my bank to buy a property in Lekki). All mortgage documents included.
* Documents for landed property in Ikorodu and Ajah
* 6 months payslip
* Photocopy of staff ID Card.
* Bank statement of salary account and investment accounts worth more than N6m
* Letter of introduction from my kids' school
* However, I did not include travel itinerary but stated places we wanted to visit in the SOP letter.

Honestly, I am surprised at their refusal because I have never been refused a visa before. One thing that is very clear from the GCMS note is that they share data with the US.

Just decided to share the story of my application. I hope to reapply again when I come back from the US.

Since you have a US visa, why dont you apply from USA.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justsaypie: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Tarry:

By all standard your application should have been approved, sometimes you don't understand the basis for these VOs decision.

It is very easy to visit Canada while you are in the US and the processing time is usually less than two weeks thought CIC website states 20 days, so as soon as you arrived the US visit either the visa office in Los Angels or New York and apply and state that you also wish to visit Canada before returning to Nigeria. Attach your return ticket to Nigeria and the return ticket reservation to Canada plus the hotel booking.

You can use your Nigeria statement of account but also add your domiciliary account with enough money for the trip because that shows fund accessible since the Nigeria account is not longer accessible abroad.

All the best

@humility01 I don't think there is much to add @Tarry has said it all, just make sure that there is ENOUGH money in your domiciliary account, it is very important for them to know that you have every intent to go back to your country and a strong financial statement will go a long way. I wish you luck, enjoy your vacation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eneyedan(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
paparazzi1987 yes it is
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sammyramires(m): 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
How many months/years Visa can one be given with a Tourist Visa to Canada, please I need to know!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
Frostbaby:
Please, any idea about yellow card (polio vaccination) being requested for in lagos before boarding. A frd of mine said he was asked, although he was travelling to Australia. Is that applicable to Canada as well? I tot the medicals should cover for all.
Urgent please........ Thanks.
Not every country requires it but I'd advise you have one, just in case. because strange spirit might enter dem one day and they'd ask you for it politely as they did our National Assembly members in South Africa at the POE a couple of years ago, after which they were sent back home . You can get one at the Port's Health office, by the airport tollgate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Sammyramires:
How many months/years Visa can one be given with a Tourist Visa to Canada, please I need to know!!!
Up to 4 years...even more, especially if you're applying with a renewed passport...depending on the VO's discretion though
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by busychild: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
paparazzi1987:
Application refused..reason

Family ties in canada and country of citizenship .

Please I want to refire next week. How do I tackle this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by busychild: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Sorry about that bro. Just work on your mistakes and refire, if you can.
I am on my 181days now. Nothing yet. Just tje isual monthly " no update yet.
How come yours was treated before mine?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justsaypie: 1:33am On Dec 02, 2016
Kamymich:
Pls how can i contact you,please my email is everywoman4@gmail.com, can i have your no, thanks

You can ask any question you want here, I'll answer you. This is so that others can benefit from it. Its the reason that we arel all here.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 5:59am On Dec 02, 2016
My study permit will expires in February 7 because my passport will expires on that same day. But my program will actually expires in april 30.
Can I still apply for visitors visa for my family ?

Please I need urgent advise as I am contemplating to reapply next week.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:28am On Dec 02, 2016
paparazzi1987:
My study permit will expires in February 7 because my passport will expires on that same day. But my program will actually expires in april 30.
Can I still apply for visitors visa for my family ?

Please I need urgent advise as I am contemplating to reapply next week.

Thanks
Sorry about the refusal. I was actually rooting for your family to get the visa.

I suspect you already know the answer to your question, especially in light of the new information you just provided. I would advise you not to waste your money.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Humility01: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2016
jayfierce:

Lol. I kolobied one travel itinerary in excel sheet format from the web and saved as PDF when i completed it. I listed basic activities like dinner, boat cruise, city tours, online and dollar tree shopping....etc. Oh yeah i listed plenty sleep, evening stroll, and church service as part of my activities. I am not going to pretend because i need a visa. Lol.

Since you are working with a specified amount then you can itemize the cost of each activity. It's good to have a flight itinerary to add to your application to show you have made plans according to your budget.

Hello @jayfierce, please can you share the sample of your travel itinerary with us? If you can post it here, it will be fine for all to learn from.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Humility01: 10:43am On Dec 02, 2016
Kamymich:
Pls how can i contact you,please my email is everywoman4@gmail.com, can i have your no, thanks

Madam,

I am sure you can ask your question here so that others can benefit from it too. You may b surprised who will even answer the question. We are all here to help one another and every question is a learning point for all. Please do go ahead and ask here.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2016
Humility01:
Dear all,

You guys have being doing wonderful job here. I say thank you for helping one another.

I have being following this topic for some time now but this is my first time of posting a comment. My family was recently denied a Canadian visa. Reasons for refusal is "purpose of travel and travel history". Following the advice on this forum, I applied for the GCMS note and got it today. Surprisingly, the GCMS note of 24 pages pdf file that contains more of their internal codes. The main point for refusal was not still clear as the VO simply stated that
"Based on a review of the application and supporting documents and after considering the purpose of travel, travel history, financial status (earnings/savings), family ties both in Canada and homeland and the overall establishment of the applicant, I am not satisfied that the applicant is sufficiently established so as to motivate a timely departure. Refused."

About my application: I work in a bank at a middle management level. These are some of the documents submitted

* Application form
* Old passport containing used visas to UK, Dubai, France
* Current passport with valid but yet to be used US visa (the plan is to combine the trip to US and Canada)
* Hotel booking using booking.com
* Flight booking
* Employment letter dated back to 2007
* Promotion letters
* Letter of introduction from my employer indicating leave period and leave entitlement of about N2.8m
* Medical Insurance ID Card from HMO.
* Lagos State Tax clearance card
* Pension fund statement from IBTC
* Life Assurance letter from IGI
* Education support insurance for my kids from Mutual Benefit Insurance
* Statement of investments for my kids
* Mortgage letter (I took a mortgage from my bank to buy a property in Lekki). All mortgage documents included.
* Documents for landed property in Ikorodu and Ajah
* 6 months payslip
* Photocopy of staff ID Card.
* Bank statement of salary account and investment accounts worth more than N6m
* Letter of introduction from my kids' school
* However, I did not include travel itinerary but stated places we wanted to visit in the SOP letter.

Honestly, I am surprised at their refusal because I have never been refused a visa before. One thing that is very clear from the GCMS note is that they share data with the US.

Just decided to share the story of my application. I hope to reapply again when I come back from the US.

From what I see here and from my past experience travelling to the US,the reason I think u were denied is because u and your entire family were travelling together at the same time which raises an eye brow.I remember sometime ago I think 95,96 when we applied for US visa as a family.we are 6 in number including my dad and mum.The VO at the embassy said he would grant us all the visa except my mum even though we had been travelling in and out of the UK & US as a family as far back as the 80s that still didn't count.
My point is they understand that our country is in bad economic shape and are more careful as to how we migrate into their country. I would advise maybe your wife and kids alone reapply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:51am On Dec 02, 2016
Humility01:

Hello @jayfierce, please can you share the sample of your travel itinerary with us? If you can post it here, it will be fine for all to learn from.
I didn't do a budget breakdown because i felt the money available for my trip was more than sufficient to cover for the activities listed.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
jayfierce:
I didn't do a budget breakdown because i felt the money available for my trip was more than sufficient to cover for the activities listed.

this is very helpful

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
ladylco:

this is very helpful
You are welcome.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 8:32am On Dec 03, 2016
@jayfierce, awelekiti and other gurus. Good morning. I got a request for my original passport yesterday so I'll go submit it on Monday. In fact na me go open their gate for them on Monday morning. grin cheesy
The letter just said a decision has been reached on my app. Ofcus as usual there was no mention of the actual decision reached. And my online app still shows 'open' and 'not started'.
My question: is there a way or clue to deduce if the decision is positive from the message they sent me? Pls I need to know cuz this suspense is driving me nuts. Any useful tips will mean the world to me pls. Many thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vozkini(m): 9:29am On Dec 03, 2016
@Awelekiti. Please i got a mail from canada office with Email Subject: Application Accepted. And the body of the letter with assigned number for the visa application to be used to check the message online. Please does it mean the visa is approved. Its online application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:10am On Dec 03, 2016
zeus001:
Good morning. I got a request for my original passport yesterday so I'll go submit it on Monday. In fact na me go open their gate for them on Monday morning. grin cheesy
The letter just said a decision has been reached on my app. Ofcus as usual there was no mention of the actual decision reached. And my online app still shows 'open' and 'not started'.
My question: is there a way or clue to deduce if the decision is positive from the message they sent me? Pls I need to know cuz this suspense is driving me nuts. Any useful tips will mean the world to me pls. Many thanks.
Congrats Zeus! Finally! I remember when you were thinking of withdrawing the online application. Thank God it was successful.

The decision reached is that your application is successful except your passport get comma or new implicating information renders you ineligible for a Visa. You can confirm this by looking at the date your visa was issued when you receive it. It should correspond with the passport request date.

Also your status will change when they finalise the process. I posted Screenshots of the change that occurred in my account.

Abeg honour your pipo with the documents you submitted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2016
Congrats Zeus. That's good news. My profile read open and no decision made long after I got my visa approved. I just randomly checked one day and saw that it had changed to application closed.

Just submit on Monday and I'm sure before the end of the week you will get your passport back.

Like Jayfierce said, please let's know the documents you submitted. Congrats once again.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
Greetings to all in the house.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
RedReact:
Greetings! Why you disppear since nau?

Greetings to you too @ shadeebee78.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
zeus001:
@jayfierce, awelekiti and other gurus. Good morning. I got a request for my original passport yesterday so I'll go submit it on Monday. In fact na me go open their gate for them on Monday morning. grin cheesy
I'm rejoicing with you already. Go and submit your passport and share with us later how many years' validity is your visa. Pls don't forget to share the documents submitted so others can benefit from it. Congrats!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
vozkini:
@Awelekiti. Please i got a mail from canada office with Email Subject: Application Accepted. And the body of the letter with assigned number for the visa application to be used to check the message online. Please does it mean the visa is approved. Its online application.
Nothing short of ackn'g the receipt of your app for processing.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
RedReact:
How you doin'
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
jayfierce:
Greetings! Why you disppear since nau?

Greetings to you too @ shadeebee78.
My brother, na malaria o; I am much better now though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
awelekiti:
How you doin'
Doing good bro. And you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
RedReact:

Doing good bro. And you?
I dey oo, my broda. Happy weekend.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
RedReact:

My brother, na malaria o; I am much better now though.
Pele.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: jeffdaniel(m), Anndav(f), Sandzy, Lyoncrescent and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.