Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2330110 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (1104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
First of all am a political science student who will completing next year. I submitted a letter confirming that am a student, academic transcripts, my student id ,my personal bank statement of about 3000 CAN Dollars balance, my mothers bank statement, proof of employment, sponsorship letter , conference registration receipt , invitation letter from the organizers and they did informed me that they have spoken with CIC about the conference, hotel reservations, flight reservations and also SOP.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
Sallah120:

First of all am a political science student who will completing next year. I submitted a letter confirming that am a student, academic transcripts, my student id ,my personal bank statement of about 3000 CAN Dollars balance, my mothers bank statement, proof of employment, sponsorship letter , conference registration receipt , invitation letter from the organizers and they did informed me that they have spoken with CIC about the conference, hotel reservations, flight reservations and also SOP.
Hmmmmm.. This is serious
Wow..... I dont even have half of your documents. My personal acct is nothing to write home about. the VO who treated your application must be mean.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
careerwoman:

Lool.... University of Ibadan (The Premier University). The protocols are too many.. No shortcuts...
I see. Professor Alonge the UCH CMD, is my very good friend. I call him uncle cheesy. I agree with you on the protocol and red-tapism with such a big institution. Ordinary payment for the medical accessories supplied could take a month to process at times. They treat papers at their convenience especially if they don't see it as urgent. There's no shortcuts to protocols, of course and I won't encourage that either but with phone call,the process could be sped up. whoever that's to treat the memo attached to your letter could urgently treat it, out of the myriads of papers on the in-tray or file on his/her table.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
chccho:

I think sincerity plays a huge role in visa applications and also the fact that your uncle is a Canadian citizen makes it very difficult for the VO to refuse applications such as yours.This is good news to all 1st time applicants like myself. Congratulations to u @Zeus
Yea, sincerity plays a pivotal role in our daily lives, not only in visa applications cheesy. It's only here most of us like cutting corners unfortunately, these oyinbos detest that. If you're honest with your application but still get refused, it doesn't mean the end has come. Try next time after dealing with the points raised on the refusal letter. I've heard someone say he had been refused CIC visa 7 times in the past despite having close relations in canada. He was issued a visa in his 8th application, no be mall tin. He's a mid-level manager at a foremost telecoms company in Nigeria. He's been across the globe, but canada. We were just gisting at an event out there after spotting me as another black guy who attended. I pray your case also ends in praise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
chccho:

U are welcome.
My application is very similar to yours too but my fear is that I didn't apply early enough and I intend to spend just Christmas in Canada and return back to work in January as stated in my letter of purpose.
God help us all
It doesn't matter. If your planned event is past by the time the CIC is taking a decision on your app, you could still get your visa if you're qualified for one and use it next time. Hope your passport validity is far-reaching sha. This is very important because CIC is habitually sluggish in processing visa applications in Nigeria
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
zeus001:
Hello house. Just confirmed. Application approved. Am still waiting for the embassy to ask me to come for my passport. God is amazing. As promised these are the documents I submitted:

- Invitation letter from my uncle who is a Canadian citizen, stating the reason for the visit and that all expenses will be covered by him and his family. Signed and dated on PDF file. The reason is family reunion. I've not seen my cousins since 2006 and they've been to Nigeria only once so I wanted to use my leave to spend some time with them.
- Employment letter
- 5 months GTB Statement of account of 1.8 million
- Letter of explanation/introduction. In this piece I explained in details my responsibilities and family ties both in Nigeria and Canada, my professional career and why staying beyond the approved time will not be in my interest. I also reiterated that all living expenses, accomodation and feeding during my stay will be handled by my uncle and his family and the funds am bringing with me will be for other sundry and personal expenses. I am single, I do not have any personal landed property, I have never traveled out of Nigeria before. I was honest about all that in the letter of explanation.
- Travel itinerary. I stated specific addresses of places I plan to visit and the dates, the specific addresses of my friends in Canada I plan to visit. I also stated that the plans can be rescheduled just in case I don't get the approval before the stated dates.
zeus001:

So sorry bro. After all this time. This is very scary o. Couldn't they just ask for more documents? At least give opportunity to even explain one's self before making a final decision. Na wa. My own fear is that I have a virgin passport. The only country I've been to is Cameroon and I know that one doesn't count. Am really worried now. Abeg guys will the virgin passport count against me? I know there's no rule book for that perse but what are my chances?
Congrats Zeus001! @ the emboldened comments. You should use your tracking number from VFS to know where you passport is. Also please kindly clarify that you haven't travelled out of the country before because you previously wrote that you've gone to Cameroon. Thanks a lot bro.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
awelekiti:
It doesn't matter. If your planned event is past by the time the CIC is taking a decision on your app, you could still get your visa if you're qualified for one and use it next time. Hope your passport validity is far-reaching sha. This is very important because CIC is habitually sluggish in processing visa applications in Nigeria
Thanks awelekiti.My passport is actually a new one so I Am hoping for something BIG from the VO.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
chccho:

U are welcome.
My application is very similar to yours too but my fear is that I didn't apply early enough and I intend to spend just Christmas in Canada and return back to work in January as stated in my letter of purpose.
God help us all

When did you apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
zeus001:

When did you apply?
November 16the undecided
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
jayfierce:

Congrats Zeus001! @ the emboldened comments. You should use your tracking number from VFS to know where you passport is. Also please kindly clarify that you haven't travelled out of the country before because you previously wrote that you've gone to Cameroon. Thanks a lot bro.

Thanks Jayfierce. You've been very helpful bro. I've checked it today but it was already past 3pm when I did. So I'll go there on Monday.
The travel to Cameroon doesn't count for several reasons. It was in 2004 when my dad was handling a project at the Nigeria/Cameroon border at Mfum, Cross River state. We usually visit him there during the holidays. We used to drive in and out of the country, with my dad's influence ofcourse. Mfum is a typical village so we used to go into Cameroon to chill or pick up a few groceries that wasnt available in Mfum. There was no need for international passport or visa or anything like that. That's why I said it doesn't count and really it doesn't. There was no need to bring that up in the application. What I meant was I've never travelled to another country through the normal means of applying for visa and boarding a plane or even a bus for the journey as is done for Ghana, Togo and Cotonou in some cases.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
chccho:

November 16the undecided

Time is not on your side. But you never can tell bro. Just be positive and wait for it. Like Awelekiti said you can always use it even if the initial intended time passes. Just pray for a positive response as that's the main thing. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
zeus001:

Thanks Jayfierce. You've been very helpful bro. I've checked it today but it was already past 3pm when I did. So I'll go there on Monday.
The travel to Cameroon doesn't count for several reasons. It was in 2004 when my dad was handling a project at the Nigeria/Cameroon border at Mfum, Cross River state. We usually visit him there during the holidays. We used to drive in and out of the country, with my dad's influence ofcourse. Mfum is a typical village so we used to go into Cameroon to chill or pick up a few groceries that wasnt available in Mfum. There was no need for international passport or visa or anything like that. That's why I said it doesn't count and really it doesn't. There was no need to bring that up in the application. What I meant was I've never travelled to another country through the normal means of applying for visa and boarding a plane or even a bus for the journey as is done for Ghana, Togo and Cotonou in some cases.
Thanks for clarifying bro. Looking forward to you possessing your visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
zeus001:

Time is not on your side. But you never can tell bro. Just be positive and wait for it. Like Awelekiti said you can always use it even if the initial intended time passes. Just pray for a positive response as that's the main thing. Good luck.
Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
careerwoman:

My school is frustrating me with the letter for the embassy. too many protocols.. I've been walking around throughout this week yet I haven't gotten 60% of the work done. I'm not sure I will make it in time for the visa application embarassed

You can bite the bullet and submit without their letter and add all your school documents...and see how it pans out since you got no time

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 4:10am On Dec 10, 2016
awelekiti:
I see. Professor Alonge the UCH CMD, is my very good friend. I call him uncle cheesy. I agree with you on the protocol and red-tapism with such a big institution. Ordinary payment for the medical accessories supplied could take a month to process at times. They treat papers at their convenience especially if they don't see it as urgent. There's no shortcuts to protocols, of course and I won't encourage that either but with phone call,the process could be sped up. whoever that's to treat the memo attached to your letter could urgently treat it, out of the myriads of papers on the in-tray or file on his/her table.
Thank you very much but the hospital isnt the one to release me. I need the release letter from the college itself. they are the ones delaying me. Wow , so prof. Alonge is your uncle?? Small world
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by VickyRotex(f): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2016
Kamymich:
[
Thanks soo much for this info,been trying to get an affordable hotel,probably with an apartment,and please any info on tourist places to visit with children,and hotels around,thanks

It's a pleasure Ma'am or Sir!

Sorry it took a while to get back to you.

1. For Hotels, you can check out this link. http://www.hotelresidencevoyager.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAyanCBRDkiO6M_rDroH0SJAAfZ4KLReJ5Zf5brG10RVpK6_tF5wDFpEl-HE7ia0SuvMpPMhoCZGDw_wcB

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/HotelsList-Montreal-Cheap-Hotels-zfp5131.html

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/HotelsList-Montreal-Downtown-Hotels-zfp5329.html

It depends on how long you intend to stay. If you are planning to stay for a couple of weeks or Month(s), I think getting a place like an apartment or Hostels/Centers is quite affordable than hotel. It's also more convenient especially if you will have your kids around.

You can check out this three. http://www.m-montreal.com/#rooms http://samesun.com/ http://hostellingmontreal.com/
Also, its better to make reservations earlier.

2. Yes! There are several places you can visit, in Montreal, and within Quebec.

Also, it depends on the season you come in. Some tourist activities are seasonal.

For example, In winter, there are more of indoor activities than outdoor. Like indoor skating, paint-balling, and the likes.
You can check out this link for indoor paint-balling in Montreal (http://action500.com/en/montreal/paintball) for skating you can check out this (http://www.le1000.com/en) it's in downtown, so it's quite close to many tourist centres you may want to visit.

Also, for winter, there are outdoor activities like Snow tubing, ice skating, Ice fishing, skiing (That skiing lipsrsealed) lol.
There are lots of activities you can do, if you are someone who really doesn't mind the cold weather with your kids. Most importantly if you dress warm, you wouldnt even feel the weather.

For Summer, there are more of tourist activities, and sites to visit, (This doesn't mean you cant visit these places in Winter, but they are less fun, as most people would prefer to be indoor most times) so it's fun to visit some places during the Summer. cool

In Summer. there are lots of Events and Festival. I can say everyday during Summer has one event or the other. So if you're someone who likes to go out for events and all, you'll enjoy the Summer. You can check out this site for some events, and festivals in 2016 also you will find in the link, some places you can visit. http://thalimontreal.com/en/montreal-tourism

Places like the Biodome, (http://espacepourlavie.ca/en/biodome) Old Port Montreal, Olympic Stadium, Museums et al, wouldn't be a bad idea to start with.

Also Road trips are fun. You get to see things you wouldnt see in the city.

I could recommend some places to visit within Quebec. Just about an hour or 2 away from Montreal.

Also, here are some additional links you can check out, for tourist guides. http://www.vieux.montreal.qc.ca/infos/pdf/attr_09a.pdf

This one is actually very well detailed for 2016-2017. It's got several addresses and contact numbers. smiley https://indd.adobe.com/view/a65ef8ba-1a3f-4a4b-a6be-7198b20b5a34

I could also give you one of the guides I have if needed.

I hope this helps you!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 10, 2016
careerwoman:

Thank you very much but the hospital isnt the one to release me. I need the release letter from the college itself. they are the ones delaying me. Wow , so prof. Alonge is your uncle?? Small world
It's ok. Yes he is. I understand. He has good relationship with the current provost, college of medicine. He may ask them what's going on with your letter and tell them to speed it up for you on the protocol lines. If it was the time Pro Ilesanmi was the provost before he became CMD years back, he could walk in there to meet whoever is delaying the process. He likes things like this....any medical seminar that can enhance your practice, either now or in future. I also like what you're doing because in the field of medicine, you just have to keep updating your self so you don't miss out of the trend. That's really helping us because by the time you're presenting to those intelligent profs and clinicians about your product/service, you don't want to sound like mumu to them. These guys can spend their last penny on seminars both within and outside so, you must know what you're doing. Please keep it up and I wish you good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by successuche2017: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
i tracked my application and it says your processed passport is ready for collection on 29/11/2016. My question goes, are they saying that my passport is ready for pick up? Pls urgent answer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ajobi21: 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hello house, Myself and hubby applied for visa and was denied last week on the basis of purpose of visit, ties in Canada and Nigeria, and travel history. I schooled in Uk and did not stay back, I have travelled to uk like 2ce after graduation in 2010' I have travelled to us twice with hubby and had our baby there last year, I have been to Dubai, India, Egypt and Ghana.so I can't really understand why we were refused. Myself and hubby have very good jobs and have never been refused visa! ever!. I was thinking of reapplying from US on our next visit (I have heard many people mention that here) but I have no ties with the U.S. not even a bank account, so I have been wondering how to go about it. Experienced gurus in the house, please help me. Or should I just do it in Naija and repackage well cc: jay fierce, awelekiti, And every other gurus in the house...please help

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
successuche2017:
i tracked my application and it says your processed passport is ready for collection on 29/11/2016. My question goes, are they saying that my passport is ready for pick up? Pls urgent answer
Yes, please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AyaMide: 9:58am On Dec 12, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have been following this trend for a while but i am new asking questions.

I really appreciate people coming to share their experience and others giving advice.

Even though someone in the house mentioned this is not the right platform for my question but i believe solution can come from anyone who may have experienced the same situation.

I will also make sure i channel the question to other platforms.

I have a pressing problem and i don't know how to go about it.
I got married to a Nigerian-born Canadian living in Us in October 2015, and i applied for a US TD visa in November 2015 and i was denied, I re-applied in February 2016 and i was also denied.

I decided to apply for a student visa in Canada in September 2016 and i was denied based on Purpose of visit and current employment status.

Please i need an advice on how to go about this denials and also join my spouse in the US.

I also need to know if i can request for my case file in the US, cos i already requested for my file in Canada and I'm awaiting their response.

Thank you for your prompt response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2016
^^^
I dont think this is the right thread, as this is for Canada visits. Asides that, there are no VOs here; we are all friends committed to helping each other.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
A friend's application for visiting visa to attend a conference scheduled for Nov 15-16, 2016 was refused for the sole reason that 'conference date has passed' I thought the Canadian embassy still approves visa even if visiting date has passed? Note, no other reason was ticked except 'conference date has passed' what shld this guy do at this point?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hello house. Picked up my passport today. Multiple 1 year visa. I thank God for His grace and favour. I wish those of us still waiting success and favour. God will do it for u as well.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
WESTERNCR:
A friend's application for visiting visa to attend a conference scheduled for Nov 15-16, 2016 was refused for the sole reason that 'conference date has passed' I thought the Canadian embassy still approves visa even if visiting date has passed? Note, no other reason was ticked except 'conference date has passed' what shld this guy do at this point?

Pls wen did your friend apply?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chccho(m): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
zeus001:
Hello house. Picked up my passport today. Multiple 1 year visa. I thank God for His grace and favour. I wish those of us still waiting success and favour. God will do it for u as well.
Congratulations oooo,I tap into this your blessing too.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
WESTERNCR:
Nothing. Even if he's going to reapply, it should not be earlier than 6 mth.
zeus001:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
At last my mother has got a passport request. Application since June. Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2016
mid September

zeus001:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Torontoparrot(m): 7:50am On Dec 14, 2016
WESTERNCR:
thats just it, once an application is case specific and date passed, they will just deny it,it's advisable to apply early enough to buy time so that dates won't pass before application are treated by vo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Torontoparrot(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2016
zeus001:
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 14, 2016
hello house
Please I submitted my application on the 21 November via paper route and later linked to online. Last week I logged in online and realized a decision has been made. Now when I tracked my application on vfs site is says the application is being processed and I email them and they told me that the application is being processed at the visa office

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (1104) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Nkaluu800(m), Ewaoluwayemi, tblaze007(m), oluayebenz, deejay102, adegbajupraise, haywayboi(m), Josy18ng and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.