Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... (1743 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by uchkochi(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2015
TITHING IS THE GATE WAY TO YOUR PERFECT FINANCIAL DOMINION.

If you will not tithe, you will keep struggling. There are things you must know about tithing;

1. Tithing is what God uses to test you if you are matured enough to handle great resources. Just 10 percent of your increase demanded by God will keep you eternally away from struggles.

2. The Poor can become rich by tithing, the rich can become poor by not tithing. God is no respecter of persons.

3. You are where you are by your decision to either tithe or not to tithe.

4. Tithing is the easiest instruction God gave us in scriptures that commands the greatest future. Indebtedness, losses, sicknesses and diseases, frustrations, begging are all evidences of a NON-TITHING LIFE.

5. Tithing is the simplest instruction because God didn't ask you to go and look for money from somewhere, it is from what comes to your hand that you pay your tithe. If nothing comes to your hand, then you are justified not to pay your tithe. But if something comes to your hand then you must tithe if things will stop being tight for you.

6. The tithe is what you remove first before any other thing.

7. You cannot pray the devourer away, you cannot fast the devourer away, you can only tithe the devourer away because it is only God that can rebuke the devourer because tithing is a universal law. He said "bring ye all the tithe and I will rebuke the devourer...." Malachi 3:11.

8. Where you pay your tithe is as important as paying your tithe. You only pay your tithe to churches or ministries or men of God that meets your spiritual needs. 1st Corinthians 9:11, Galatians 6:6.

Please pay your tithe, so that you will change levels a thousand times better even before this year ends. Malachi 3:10.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by PastorKun(m): 8:20am On Jan 21, 2015
#FraudAlert

All written above are derived from twisting scriptures with the intention of manipulating believers to part with 10% of their regular incomes to lazy charlatans who have refused to work. God does not require tithes of believers. Beware of scammers using God's name to defraud. angry

9 Likes

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by ammyluv2002(f): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2015
PastorKun:
#FraudAlert

All written above are derived from twisting scriptures with the intention of manipulating believers to part with 10% of their regular incomes to lazy charlatans who have refused to work. God does not require tithes of believers. Beware of scammers using God's name to defraud. angry
PastorKun, you dont have to say all these to make your views known. It's optional to pay tithe, nobody is forcing it down your throat. As for me, I will continue to pay my tithe till my last day on earth irrespective of what people like you say or do after all the money I use in paying is mine.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 21, 2015
well, it's not by force... if it's a SCAM, let it c.f after all you are forced to pay your tax.

I want to be a faithful thither!God help me!!!

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by Sanchez01: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2015
PastorKun:
#FraudAlert

You don't need anyone to hold your hand and interprete some sections of the Scriptures. It would be better if you read Malachi 3:8-10

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by vooks: 9:56am On Jan 21, 2015
How do you explain the millions and billions who don't tithe and are faring better than you?

7 Likes

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by leke12(m): 10:21am On Jan 21, 2015
Hmm!brainwashed. Tithe and what do u call it is based on Judaism, isrealites pay 10% of their proceeds to d priests in d temple and monasteries because priests are not to do bis,farm or rear. They use d money to run d temple. Christianity which is d offshoot of Judaism cancelled this practice and believe in free will donations(when paul ask people to give to d church, pple brought things based on freewill donations not one kind of programmed method donation(tithes). Basically it is a natural law that if u give u receive more(karma) no matter who u give it to. That's why u see pple from every religions are poor and rich, it doesn't matter u are christian,muslim,pagan,eckankar,hindu or bud ha.

4 Likes

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by lastmessenger: 10:23am On Jan 21, 2015
vooks:
How do you explain the millions and billions who don't tithe and are faring better than you?
Same question that I was about to ask. How it is easy to be decieved when you follow popular opinion.
Does Bill gate pay tithe?

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by ammyluv2002(f): 10:24am On Jan 21, 2015
vooks:
You see, that's the problem most Christians face....you don't measure God's blessing solely on cash. That you have peace of mind, divine health( not spending your salary in the hospital) , you travel all the time and no case of accident, God's favour is upon your life, your family members are intact, you don't beg for bread and so on. Paying of tithe is one of the ways we can achieve all these, you mustn't have all the money in the whole world to know God's blessing is upon you. Please, let's stop measuring His blessing on material things there are a lot of things that we have as Christians money can't buy.
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by lastmessenger: 10:43am On Jan 21, 2015
ammyluv2002:
You see, that's the problem most Christians face....you don't measure God's blessing solely on cash. That you have peace of mind, divine health( not spending your salary in the hospital) , you travel all the time and no case of accident, God's favour is upon your life, your family members are intact, you don't beg for bread and so on. Paying of tithe is one of the ways we can achieve all these, you mustn't have all the money in the whole world to know God's blessing is upon you. Please, let's stop measuring His blessing on material things there are a lot of things that we have as Christians money can't buy.

Chai. How do you explain the peace of mind and prosperity, good health and other goodies enjoyed by those who are not even Christians eg Bill gate.
God sends rain to the just and unjust. Brother a lazy man will remain poor. It is not tithe that made Bill gate rich. It is wisdom hard work dedication and integrity. Don't be decieved.

6 Likes

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by lastmessenger: 10:43am On Jan 21, 2015
ammyluv2002:

Chai. How do you explain the peace of mind and prosperity, good health and other goodies enjoyed by those who are not even Christians eg Bill gate.
God sends rain to the just and unjust. Brother a lazy man will remain poor. It is not tithe that made Bill gate rich. It is wisdom hard work dedication and integrity. Don't be decieved.
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by ammyluv2002(f): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2015
lastmessenger:

Of course! A lazy man will remain poor and He shows mercy to whosoever He wants but there's a privilege that comes with tithe paying that's the point I'm trying to make sha. We all know that His words are yea and Amen! He's not a man that He should lie, the promises are there in Malachi 3:10-18 and I'm a living witness to those promises grin grin grin
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by PastorKun(m): 11:09am On Jan 21, 2015
ammyluv2002:
PastorKun, you dont have to say all these to make your views known. It's optional to pay tithe, nobody is forcing it down your throat. As for me, I will continue to pay my tithe till my last day on earth irrespective of what people like you say or do after all the money I use in paying is mine.

As long as lazy charlatans like him continue to manipulate God's word into getting people to part with 10% of their income I would continue to warn people that it is a manipulative and fraudulent doctrine that has no place in christianity. That said your malachi 3:10 is neither addressed to christians nor does it request of money from income. And before you repeat that often told lie that there was no money in those days, money existed in the bible as far back as the book of genesis so if God wanted tithes of money, he would have clearly stated so. Twisting God's word to justify monetary tithe is not only a sin but it is also a fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by lastmessenger: 11:18am On Jan 21, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Of course! A lazy man will remain poor and He shows mercy to whosoever He wants but there's a privilege that comes with tithe paying that's the point I'm trying to make sha. We all know that His words are yea and Amen! He's not a man that He should lie, the promises are there in Malachi 3:10-18 and I'm a living witness to those promises grin grin grin
Ok. I believe it is insult to God for you to ascribe anything he have to you as a direct result of the money you claimed you gave to him.
I know So many broke tithe payers. Infact I remember dashing him money sometime ago and I am sure he must have paid ten percent to his pastor.
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by nora544: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
@ op you are not more than a lasy pastor who take the money from his poor followers.

Why nigeria is in this mess, why there is so much corruption, look when it starts because all is money.

I wait to see a pentecost church in nigeria who have a program that youth can learn on a job, just see yesterday a documentation from nigeria and i hear what pentecost make to woman and take money that they will not more bewitched. Joan is a nigerian woman living now in my country so she knows what see speaks and she help the poor woman from her country who come to europa and where tld that they will work in a factory but this is not tru, they will work as prostitues in europa.

The net documentation was about don bosco a program for youth in Kambotscha and Sri lanka where they have schools for the poor that this people have a better future, to learn a job what is in nigeria most of the pentecost pastors take the tithe to enrich themself and build Schools for the rich and that is not christian.

OP you are also a lazy pastor not more, you are a scamer a fraudster not more.
Every pentecost pastor who speaks about tithing and when you don't get what you want than you are bewitched is a scamer and fraudster.

7 Likes

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by sorextee(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
Well, in my own view, I rather give the money, to the needy(orphanage homes especially). There's greater joy, when u make people happy. And u too will be happy that u re d source of their happiness. Its called humanity.. when people pray to God for something, He won't come down and provide it. He uses us(me, you, others). U pray for money to do one thing, d next day, ur distant uncle calls u to send ur account number..
ammyluv2002:

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by ammyluv2002(f): 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
sorextee:
Well, in my own view, I rather give the money, to the needy(orphanage homes especially). There's greater joy, when u make people happy. And u too will be happy that u re d source of their happiness. Its called humanity.. when people pray to God for something, He won't come down and provide it. He uses us(me, you, others). U pray for money to do one thing, d next day, ur distant uncle calls u to send ur account number..
But an instruction was given , the bible specified where it ought to be paid so why change it? Well, that's my ideology sha grin
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by donbenie(m): 9:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
Fraudsters and Charlatans masquerading as Men Of God since Eternity..I don't tithe,have never given 10 kobo of my hard earned money to any Scammer,in the name of Religion and am doing okay,thank you..if I feel like Charity,I'll rather donate to the poor..#SAYNOTOSCAMMERS

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by sorextee(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
That one na old testament. Anyway, my church no dey pay/accept tithe..
ammyluv2002:
But an instruction was given , the bible specified where it ought to be paid so why change it? Well, that's my ideology sha grin

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by ammyluv2002(f): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
sorextee:
That one na old testament. Anyway, my church no dey pay/accept tithe..
what's the name of your church pls?
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by PastorKun(m): 8:10am On Jan 22, 2015
ammyluv2002:

Can you kindly refer me to the place in scripture were christians are instructed part with 10% of their monetary income as tithes to the church? I must have missed it in my own bible And for God's sake please don't quote malachi 3:10 as it needs to be twisted to arrive at monetary tithes then mis applied to christians who are not under the law in introducing it to the church.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by brocab: 9:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
So you pay your tithes only to receive riches back in cash.

Its always strange when one speaks on the tithing rules, its what God said: I don't hear what Jesus said?

Those who are still tithing are still caught up in the Mosaic law.
Jesus said: Galatians 5:4 if you have estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

This is something to think about.

Tithing was never made to Gain, It was never about financial dominion, we only struggle because we lack in word.
You live in the world, do what the world says you to do, with out the word of God Jesus we start struggling.
Common sense.
1 John 2:15-16, Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is of the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye's, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world.

Non tithing does not make you struggle, over the years this weapon of lies has travelled to and fro across our Nations only to Gain monies from you, so you will be poorer then those who are richer.

If you say you are a true believer, then ask the lord to show you the truth.
Don't listen to the lies no-more. Come follow the Lord he's healthy and prosper in word.

Plan to build your kingdoms in Heaven, not here.
uchkochi:
TITHING IS THE GATE WAY TO YOUR PERFECT FINANCIAL DOMINION.

If you will not tithe, you will keep struggling. There are things you must know about tithing;

1. Tithing is what God uses to test you if you are matured enough to handle great resources. Just 10 percent of your increase demanded by God will keep you eternally away from struggles.

2. The Poor can become rich by tithing, the rich can become poor by not tithing. God is no respecter of persons.

3. You are where you are by your decision to either tithe or not to tithe.

4. Tithing is the easiest instruction God gave us in scriptures that commands the greatest future. Indebtedness, losses, sicknesses and diseases, frustrations, begging are all evidences of a NON-TITHING LIFE.

5. Tithing is the simplest instruction because God didn't ask you to go and look for money from somewhere, it is from what comes to your hand that you pay your tithe. If nothing comes to your hand, then you are justified not to pay your tithe. But if something comes to your hand then you must tithe if things will stop being tight for you.

6. The tithe is what you remove first before any other thing.

7. You cannot pray the devourer away, you cannot fast the devourer away, you can only tithe the devourer away because it is only God that can rebuke the devourer because tithing is a universal law. He said "bring ye all the tithe and I will rebuke the devourer...." Malachi 3:11.

8. Where you pay your tithe is as important as paying your tithe. You only pay your tithe to churches or ministries or men of God that meets your spiritual needs. 1st Corinthians 9:11, Galatians 6:6.

Please pay your tithe, so that you will change levels a thousand times better even before this year ends. Malachi 3:10.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by An2elect2(f): 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
No i wont satan!
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by kevoh(m): 6:36am On Jan 23, 2015
It's 2015 and they are still promoting the tithe fraud scheme. cool These Christians! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by PastorKun(m): 9:03am On Jan 23, 2015
brocab:
So you pay your tithes only to receive riches back in cash.

Its always strange when one speaks on the tithing rules, its what God said: I don't hear what Jesus said?

Those who are still tithing are still caught up in the Mosaic law.
Jesus said: Galatians 5:4 if you have estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

This is something to think about.

Tithing was never made to Gain, It was never about financial dominion, we only struggle because we lack in word.
You live in the world, do what the world says you to do, with out the word of God Jesus we start struggling.
Common sense.
1 John 2:15-16, Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is of the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye's, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world.

Non tithing does not make you struggle, over the years this weapon of lies has travelled to and fro across our Nations only to Gain monies from you, so you will be poorer then those who are richer.

If you say you are a true believer, then ask the lord to show you the truth.
Don't listen to the lies no-more. Come follow the Lord he's healthy and prosper in word.

Plan to build your kingdoms in Heaven, not here.

On the contrary the OP is not a tither but rather a tithe collector, he is only promoting his hustle.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 23, 2015
PastorKun:

On the contrary the OP is not a tither but rather a tithe collector, he is only promoting his hustle.
hmmm u never repent?

uchkochi:
Op what about the jobless ones that dont even have a job and they hardly provide a 2 square meal.. Do u still urge theme to pay tithe?
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by PastorKun(m): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
hmmm u never repent?

You are the one who needs to repent from practising this evil tithe scam and using the word God as a money making venture.
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by openmine(m): 1:12am On Jan 25, 2015
its so amazing and disheartening how many christians can be so deceived without knowing...i doubt if most christians study the scriptures....the worse part is that i have never seen a tither or tithe collector make reference to

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

[b]22 “Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth of all the crops that grow in your fields. 23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth of your crops—one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God. 24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens, 25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen. 26 Use the money to buy anything you want—cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God. 27 But don’t forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don’t have a share of the land like you have.

28 “At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns. 29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by Nobody: 2:03am On Jan 25, 2015
openmine:
its so amazing and disheartening how many christians can be so deceived without knowing...i doubt if most christians study the scriptures....the worse part is that i have never seen a tither or tithe collector make reference to

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

[b]22 “Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth of all the crops that grow in your fields. 23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth of your crops—one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God. 24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens, 25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen. 26 Use the money to buy anything you want—cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God. 27 But don’t forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don’t have a share of the land like you have.

28 “At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns. 29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.[/b]

because they are thieves. Every last one of them.
They need to tell us when tithing became money.
These hustlers are hungry and greedy

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 25, 2015
For some reason I don't partake in religious argument especially on social media, I can see where all this is going... I just got interested in these verses:

openmine:

29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own.

I believe this was the first and foremost reason why the law on tight was given, in this modern day there are no longer such people as levites, pastors are now known to have inheritance and investment, in some cases worth billions.....paying tithe is irrelevant or illogical at best.

openmine:

Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.

Do they ever talk about this part? How many churches have a way of helping the poor and needy from the as commanded? These days huge sums amassed from tithing are used to fund flamboyant lifestyle or make investment only to be benefited by the wealthy. This aim is ultimately defeated.
Peace!

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by openmine(m): 8:46am On Jan 25, 2015
engrkenny:
For some reason I don't partake in religious argument especially on social media, I can see where all this is going... I just got interested in these verses:

I believe this was the first and foremost reason why the law on tight was given, in this modern day there are no longer such people as levites, pastors are now known to have inheritance and investment, in some cases worth billions.....paying tithe is irrelevant or illogical at best.

Do they ever talk about this part? How many churches have a way of helping the poor and needy from the as commanded? These days huge sums amassed from tithing are used to fund flamboyant lifestyle or make investment only to be benefited by the wealthy. This aim is ultimately defeated.
Peace!

exactly..infact the reason i brought up this particular scriptures in the bible was to show supposed tithers how and when tithes were meant to be carried out....did they even know that their tithes were meant to be EATEN BY THEM grin grin according to deut.14:22-29

fortunately,i dont believe in tithes because jesus set me free from that law of moses(galatian 3:23-25) so that i can enjoy ALL that he has FREELY GIVEN to me according to his abundant riches including his unquenchable grace...

Giving to everyone no matter who is from the heart,what you have decided to give not out of force or necessity(2 corinthians 8:1-7;9:7) or as a result of a law that was abolished by the christ jesus himself....!
Re: Tithing Is For Your Own Good.are You Not Tired Of Problems...................... by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2015
openmine:

exactly..infact the reason i brought up this particular scriptures in the bible was to show supposed tithers how and when tithes were meant to be carried out....did they even know that their tithes were meant to be EATEN BY THEM grin grin according to deut.14:22-29

fortunately,i dont believe in tithes because jesus set me free from that law of moses(galatian 3:23-25) so that i can enjoy ALL that he has FREELY GIVEN to me according to his abundant riches including his unquenchable grace...

Giving to everyone no matter who is from the heart,what you have decided to give not out of force or necessity(2 corinthians 8:1-7;9:7) or as a result of a law that was abolished by the christ jesus himself....!
U c how d op carefully avoided the topic since u quoted Deutronomy? The key weapon these criminals use against ppl is blackmail. They box u into a corner with threats until u r guilt drunk. Tithing (of money by the christian) has to be d single greatest financial fraud in human history!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kirk Franklin May Have Joined The Dark Side / Must See!!muslim's Congregational Mode Of Worship Found In The Book Of Nehemiah / Why Allah Allowed Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.