Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) (1349 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Charles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by efepro(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2015
We Nigerians lack reading culture and have developed an attitude of swallowing things line, hook and sinker. I asked myself several questions before identifying with GEJ's candidature.
I took a stroll down the memory lane from 1983/85, I studied some high profile cases including Alex Ekwueme, Tai solarin, Sam Mbakwe. I studied Buhari's economic strategies which later exacerbated our nation, I studied his intolerance to other religions,freedom of the press. I studied his decisions that bother on student unionism, corruption etc I studied his uprightness .
Recently I have studied his speeches, a sharp reflection of his state of mind, have also studied the intents of his new found lovers in the likes of Atiku, Tinubu, Amaechi etc.
Our problem is the doubt over the government we set over ourselves while thinking we are being critical of government. Our problem in Boko haram is not about the competence of Jonathan but our disunity of purpose.
Johnsun wrote , while GEJ was comfortably on top of the situation in 2012/13, Mr Buhari and other Northern elders were accusing him of partiality against the North and recommended that GEJ should stop military offensive against the terrorists in favour of amnesty.
Admiral Nyako termed it Ethnic cleansing. Jonathan acceded to the demands of this section of the country for unity but in the process the terrorists found time to regroup and become more formidable. Now, the same people who asked GEJ to soft pedal has now turned the atrocities of the terrorists to a campaign point, this is unfortunate.
Its is treachery when a father asks a son to jump from a roof top that he will catch him and when he jumps , he not only fails to catch but set spikes for him. The fact that Buhari called for a lesser offensive against Boko haram and recommended amnesty as was done for the militants , should dis-entitle him claiming the government is not effective in the fight, citing non use of lethal force.
In saner societies, he will be ashamed for blowing hot and cold at same time on same issue. He would've stock to his advice or apologise for wrong advice.
He told us he borrowed #27.5 million for a nomination form but he did not tell us how he plans to pay back. The identity of the bank, manager, account officer has not been made public. It will interest you to know that he collects #2.3 million on monthly basis as his retirement benefits , yet no foundation for the poor, empowerment of any kind, no scholarship whatsoever has been recorded.
He told us he has #1million in his account ,alas, his daughter pays €30000 yearly in a foreign university, equivalent of #8 million. He claimed to have fought corruption but under his nose Abacha emptied our treasury. I do not wish to remember the 52 cases, Ibrahim Awwal's £14 million.
He once argued that all ACN governors are corrupt, he said they award 1 kilometer road at #1billion. He accused El-rufai , Atiku, Bisi Akande Tinubu etc of corrupt practices. The good news is, they are now change agents and their sins washed away. A thief and a beneficiary of a stolen product are culpable of same crime. Suffice it to say Buhari is corrupt. What economic decision has he made? Stopping Jakande Lagos mono rail at the detriment of $72 million tax payers money? Dismissing 30000 soldiers to cut cost, stopping of Ajaokuta steel?. Now he has promised #5000 to unemployed at least to encourage lack of creativity and idleness, he has promised to feed school children, help Ebonyi state produce more yams and stabilize price of oil in the foreign market . If any voter can employ the like of Buhari to head his organization especially on foreign engagements with experts , then the person mean no good for Nigeria.

On GEJ, I have noticed a style, steady and noiseless transformations. I can remember what Shagari said over the weekend. We cant get it at once but we are getting it. Have you asked how many people Sure-P , youwin have employed? Have you noticed the decline in the importation of Agric produce? Have you seen the airports, railways and road networks? You believe your votes can count, any kudos for that? Have you studied the automobile policy that has allowed Innoson, kia, Nissan etc build and assemble cars in Nigeria aimed at employing citizens? Have you accessed the BOI, Agric and SME loans? Have you noticed the number of ghost workers detected through IPPS thereby saving #46 billion? What of fertilizer fraud , heard anything from that quarter? Use of technology.
Have you say thanks for the 12 universities built, over 130 Almajiri schools, over 60 healthcare facilities, improvement in power generation, gender equality etc?
What has APC done in their various states? Which APC state is enjoying free education?. Yesterday Buhari complained of the 16 woeful years under PDP. Was he referring to Atiku, Amaechi, Gemade, Rochas, Tambuwal , Sylvia, Kwankwaso, Saraki,Ogbe etc? Buhari represents a change to dackness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by boolet: 9:53am On Jan 21, 2015
Make the paragraphs clearer @op.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by obi58: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2015
Moderator,

FP things. Yes nobody will give GEJ 100% but we are moving in the right direction.

I believe BOKO HARAM is being funded by influential northerners to destabilize the polity

Nigeria does not need vision less people like GMB. A vote to GMB is a vote for Nigeria to move backwards.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 21, 2015
obi58:
Moderator,

FP things. Yes nobody will give GEJ 100% but we are moving in the right direction.

I believe BOKO HARAM is being funded by influential northerners to destabilize the polity

Nigeria does not need vision less people like GMB. A vote to GMB is a vote for Nigeria to move backwards.

So why are they operating in Chad, Cameroon and Niger? Are the northerners trying to govern in those places too?

You lack critical thinking skills

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by KHAYGOLD(m): 10:28am On Jan 21, 2015
New National PLEDGE: I pledge to God and to
Nigeria my country.
To be praying, working and vote wisely.
To oppose the clueless and shoeless man, who
said 16 is greater than 19.
To vote out the man that said stealing is not
corruption.
To oppose the man who has drained all
Nigeria's foreign and local reserves and
incurred massive debts. And, with my vote, to
punish the man who was dancing around while
boko harams were killing our Nigerian
brothers and sisters and to say NO to the man
who cares less about the missing chilbok
schools girls. To send him out of Aso Rock this
To restore our Nigeria & Nigerians long lost
honour and glory. So help me God.''

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by efepro(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
Nigeria my country.
corruption.
u don't know what you have until u lose it....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by efepro(m): 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
obi58:
Moderator,

dont mind NL moderators..they like flooding FP with irrelevant topics like 'Davido spotted with D'banj"..."picture of A holding B" bla bla bla
what's my biz with the aforementioned?
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by obi58: 5:39am On May 18, 2016

So why are they operating in Chad, Cameroon and Niger? Are the northerners trying to govern in those places too?

You lack critical thinking skills

Talking about the North where they originated from and 95% of their operations occur.

Referring to their operations in the subregion where combined their attacks have been few and fae between show that you don't just lack critical thinking skills but A THINKING FACULTY. That's why you were foolish enough to name yourself NOBODY.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by Yorubasgreat(f): 5:56am On May 18, 2016
KHAYGOLD:
Nigeria my country.
corruption.

After you have sang this pledge to the polls.. I doubt you can still use tomatoes to cook now..
You brought this upon us, yourself, and our entire generation born and yet unborn.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by Yorubasgreat(f): 5:58am On May 18, 2016
obi58:

Talking about the North where they originated from and 95% of their operations occur.

Referring to their operations in the subregion where combined their attacks have been few and fae between show that you don't just lack critical thinking skills but A THINKING FACULTY. That's why you were foolish enough to name yourself NOBODY.

NOBODY means he has deactivated..
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:01am On May 18, 2016
efepro:

u don't know what you have until u lose it....

When this post was created, Nigerians were still over feed and ppl didn't care much abt the truth.. .but now so many wished they could change the hand of time..

What you said up there, they guy is suffering it right now..

Who know when next he would eat food containing fresh tomatoes..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by KHAYGOLD(m): 3:28pm On May 18, 2016
Yorubasgreat:

After you have sang this pledge to the polls.. I doubt you can still use tomatoes to cook now..
You brought this upon us, yourself, and our entire generation born and yet unborn.

Tita riro lankola, toba jinna tan, yoo d'oge.
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2016
KHAYGOLD:
New National PLEDGE: I pledge to God and to Nigeria my country. To be praying, working and vote wisely. To oppose the clueless and shoeless man, who said 16 is greater than 19. To vote out the man that said stealing is not corruption. To oppose the man who has drained all Nigeria's foreign and local reserves and incurred massive debts. And, with my vote, to punish the man who was dancing around while boko harams were killing our Nigerian brothers and sisters and to say NO to the man who cares less about the missing chilbok schools girls. To send him out of Aso Rock this 2015. To restore our Nigeria & Nigerians long lost honour and glory. So help me God.''
Re: Buhari Vs Jonathan: A Comparative Analysis (A Must Read) by adjoviomole(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2016
imagine o! cone ice cream dat we buy for 10 naira is now 20 naira. aboki's dat cut nails now do it for 50 naira. wen things wer still good burger peanut na 50% air n 50% burger dey inside, na only God know weda now na only air dey inside cry cry

(1) (Reply)

NCC: Why We Shut Down Apc’s Fundraising Platform / Jonathan, Ali And Mark Disown Labaran Maku “the Dangerous Boy” / Latest Developement Btw Hezbollah & Zionist Israehell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.