Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? (4686 Views)

Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State / "Why Fatima Buhari Became 4th Wife" - The Capital / James Ibori Marries Senami Sosu As Second Wife? - The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by Rotjijatau(m): 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nairaland.... Can somebody tell me the reason why Nigeria shifted its capital from lagos to abuja
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
A capital should always b at middle of d country so that it won't be easily conquered. Lagos a case study, it will be very easy 2b conquered by d enemies because of it's closeness 2 water. But, before u can conquer abuja; u have 2 conquer d cities dat surrounds it 1st & before u do dat, they(Abuja) must hav being alerted..

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
Bad belle
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
A capital should always b at middle of d country so that it won't be easily conquered. Lagos a case study, it will be very easy 2b conquered by d enemies because of it's closeness 2 water. But, before u can conquer abuja; u have 2 conquer d cities dat surrounds it 1st & before u do dat, they(Abuja) must hav being alerted..
FALSE!!!!!!!Hope you know that boko haram is conquering abuja faster than lagos grin....

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by favouredseed(f): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Because of its CENTRAL location.
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by mumumugu(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2015
Northerners wanted it
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
wakacome:
FALSE!!!!!!!Hope you know that boko haram is conquering abuja faster than lagos grin....
I know but, remember dat BH is like a warm in one's stomach. Just check d capital of any country & tell me d 1 by d river/sea side. I guess none, because it will be conquered just like a flip of finger.
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by Rotjijatau(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
Are you telling me that abuja is the centre point of Nigeria
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by favouredseed(f): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
Rotjijatau:
Are you telling me that abuja is the centre point of Nigeria
Yes
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I know but, remember dat BH is like a warm in one's stomach. Just check d capital of any country & tell me d 1 by d river/sea side. I guess none, because it will be conquered just like a flip of finger.
Beautiful nonsense...
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
mumumugu:
Northerners wanted it
Just like your username "mugumugu"you are truly a MUGU...grin
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by tociano009(m): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
yes you are right, only the fool will not want to understand you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by dkronicle(m): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
Learnt one thang tonite. Ama sleep well
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by listenersky: 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
Abuja as the capital of Nigeria was proposed by late General Muhtala Muhammed before he died. He wanted the seat of Government to be at the center. But Babangida was the president that made the final move of Government seat from Lagos to Abuja. Babangida made that move because he believed he wasn't safe in Lagos any more as there were several failed coup attempts against him in Lagos.e.g the orkar and the vatsa coups.but the major reason General Muhtala proposed was because he wanted the FCT to be at the center of the country.
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
tociano009:
yes you are right, only the fool will not want to understand you
It takes a fool to know another fool....grin

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
listenersky:
Abuja as the capital of Nigeria was proposed by late General Muhtala Muhammed before he died. He wanted the seat of Government to be at the center. But Babangida was the president that made the final move of Government seat from Lagos to Abuja. Babangida made that move because he believed he wasn't safe in Lagos any more as there were several failed coup attempts against him in Lagos.e.g the orkar and the vatsa coups.but the major reason General Muhtala proposed was because he wanted the FCT to be at the center of the country.
GOD bless you jare...you hit the nail on the head....
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by 9jii(m): 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
So the sadist will die of BP
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by tociano009(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2015
wakacome:
It takes a fool to know another fool....grin
you don kolo grin
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
wakacome:
Beautiful nonsense...
OKAY!! E no dey tear shirt..
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Rotjijatau:
Nairaland.... Can somebody tell me the reason why Nigeria shifted its capital from lagos to abuja
now?
Make we finish the election first abeg
Re: Why Was The Capital Of Nigeria Shifted From Lagos To Abuja??? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
wakacome:
nice kwesion

(1) (Reply)

See What Nigerians Did To Rochas Okorocha (hilarious Photo). / Contribution Of The 5 Eastern States / See What Tinubu Said At SW APC Peace Meeting Yesterday That Shows He Is A Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.