Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Cultivate A Lifestyle Of Waiting On The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cultivate A Lifestyle Of Waiting On The Lord (425 Views)

We Waiting On Jesus Christ & They Waiting On D Moon / Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / Waiting On The Lord!--The Story Will Really Motivates You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cultivate A Lifestyle Of Waiting On The Lord by yommyuk: 5:34am On Jan 22, 2015
Ever notice how some people will ask a question but then rush out the door before you can respond? We can act the same way toward the Lord when we fail to wait on Him.
To develop a lifestyle of waiting on God, we need to have:

FAITH
We must be willing to trust the Lord when a solution isn't obvious and we can’t see a way through our struggle. Meditating on Scripture and applying it to life’s trials will result in strengthened faith

HUMILITY
Recognizing that we can accomplish nothing apart from Jesus, we should be willing to endure until God reveals His answer His ways are always perfect; our cleverest plan will not be as adequate.

PATIENCE
A calm demeanor and inner peace come from believing that the Lord is who He says He is and that He will do exactly as He’s promised. The Holy Spirit will help us to face stressful circumstances without complaint and accept life’s challenges instead of trying to manipulate a way out.

COURAGE
It is human nature to want to be in control—we yearn to know what’s going to happen and when. Courage is necessary if we are to resist following our own schedule or caving in to pressure from others. With the Holy Spirit’s enablement, we can hold steady to wait on God, even when people around us disapprove of our choices.
Wisdom and right action come through seeking God and His will. Won’t you quiet your heart and mind and listen to what He has to say?

ROMANS 10:17
“Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”

John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

MARK 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Cultivate A Lifestyle Of Waiting On The Lord by PrettyClare7(f): 5:40am On Jan 22, 2015
thanks op. i tend to be impatient when things arent going according to my plan. thanks for this great reminder

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 27th Of January 2015 / The Apostle Of Tracts Bishop J C Ryle / What God Won't Ask You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.