Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,069 members, 7,953,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:14 PM

Parents, Their Rights And Our Behaviors Towards Them - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Parents, Their Rights And Our Behaviors Towards Them (445 Views)

9 Things That Sabotage Human Rights / 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim / The Rights Of A New Born Baby In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parents, Their Rights And Our Behaviors Towards Them by noibilism(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2015

As Muslims, we all believe in our parents’ rights upon us and our obligations to be good to them, obey them and to treat and deal them in the best way as possible. It is not just because they are the cause for our existence. It is also not because they did a great deal of good to us that we must repay and respond to in a proper manner. But it is first and foremost because our Lord, Almighty Allah has made it an obligation upon us to obey them and treat them in a well manner. No doubt, Allah mentions their rights in conjunction with His own right of being worshiped alone without any partner and co-equal. Allah the Exalted has said:
“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: “My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.” (Al-Isra 17:23, 24)
And He (SWT) also said:
“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.” (Luqman 31:14)

Source:
http://pathway2jannah..com/2015/01/parents-their-rights-and-our-behaviors.html
Re: Parents, Their Rights And Our Behaviors Towards Them by kemiola89(f): 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
Nice post! What's the best way to treat a parent that left you and your siblings at an age when you all are not fully matured, leaving you all heartbroken?

(1) (Reply)

Sleeping Giants / The Most Merciful! / Perfection Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.