Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim (15607 Views)

Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? / Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Moradeeke(f): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2016
On account of Abu Hurairah (radhiyallaahu ‘anhu)
The Prophet (Peace Be upon Him) said:

“The rights of the Muslim upon theMuslim are six”, “When you meet him, give him the greeting of peace, When he invites you, respond to his invitation, When he seeks your advice, advise him, When he sneezes and praises Allah, supplicate for mercy upon him, When he becomes ill, visit him, and When he dies follow him(i.e. his funeral)”[Muslim].

Whoever establishes these obligations as a Muslim to the other Muslim and on fulfilling these obligations and rights being a Muslim definitely get a tremendous reward from Allah.

1.Greeting of Peace
The first duty of a Muslim upon a Muslim is “Greeting of Peace ”
This Means: When we meet others. We supplicate the other for safety from evils by saying ‘ Assalam u Alaykum ’.
Thus, giving the greeting of peace is the right of the Muslim, and it is obligatory upon the person who is greeted to return the greeting with similar or what is better . And the best of the people are those who start the greeting of peace first.

2. Responding to His Invitation
The second duty of a Muslim upon a Muslim is “ Respond to his Invitation”
This Means: When anybody invites you with an invitation to some food and drink, then fulfill the request of your brother who has drawn near to you and honored you with the invitation. Accept his invitation, unless you have an excuse.

3. Advise Him When He Seeks
The third duty of a Muslim upon a
Muslim is “Advise him when He seeks”
This Means: If anyone seeks consultation, advise him with that which you would like for yourself. Thus, if the action is something that is beneficial in all aspects, then encourage him to do that, and if it is something harmful, then warn him against it. Give him a beneficial opinion.

4. Answer To His Sneeze
The fourth duty of a Muslim upon a Muslim is “Answer to his sneeze”
This Means: This is due to the fact that in sneeze the congested air expels that is blocked in certain parts of the body of the human being. Allah makes it easy for this air to have a passage out where it can exit, and thus the sneezing person feels relief.

On account of Abu Hurairah (radhiyallaahu ‘anhu)
The Prophet (Peace Be upon Him) said: “When one of you sneezes, he must say ‘Alhamdulillah’.And when he says 'Alhamdulillah’, his brother should say 'Yar hamak Allah’, (may Allah have mercy on you). The sneezer must then say (in response) ‘yahadik Allah wa yuslih balak (may Allah guide you and improve your affairs.) [Bukhari].

5. Visit Him When He is Sick
The fifth duty of a Muslim upon a Muslim is “Visit him when he is Sick”
This Means: Visiting the sick is the rights of the Muslim, and especially for the person who has a highly stressed and emphasized right upon you, like the relative, and the friend. It is from the best of the righteous deeds. We should ease his worries by giving him glad tidings of well-being, recovery and beneficial admonition.

6. Attend His Funeral
The sixth duty of a Muslim upon a Muslim is “Attend his funeral”
This Means: A Muslim must attend the funeral of other Muslim it is obligatory.
“(A believer) who accompanies the funeral procession of a Muslim out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah’s reward and remains with it till the funeral prayer is offered and the burial ceremonies are over, he will return with a reward of two Qirats. Each Qirat is like the size of the (Mount) Uhud. He who offers the funeral prayer only and returns before the burial, will return with the reward of one Qirat only.” [Bukhari]
The obligations of a Muslim ordained by Quran and Sunn’ah. If we fulfill these basic rights of Muslims, it is hoped that much of the envy, malice and hatred in the society will vanish.
The ultimate goal is to seek Allah’s pleasure and salvation in the Hereafter.

https://www.alquranclasses.com/6-obligations-as-a-muslim/

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Uthman51(m): 8:19am On Feb 19, 2016
جزاكم الله خيرا

10 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Walexz02(m): 9:17am On Feb 19, 2016
Alhamdulillah thanks for the reminder op
Jumaat Kareem!
Hardie14 check this out

3 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by hardie14(f): 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
Walexz02:
Alhamdulillah thanks for the reminder op Jumaat Kareem! Hardie14 check this out
yah i will
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by hardie14(f): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
jazakalluh khaeran. jumah mufeedah
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by ademoladeji(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
@OP... Jazak Allah Khaeran...
May Allah SWT bless you n the entirety of your household abundantly.

So thoughtful n educating.

Maa Salam

1 Like

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by toboreSPECs: 10:02am On Feb 26, 2016
Al hamdulilahi
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Amberon: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2016
Jesus is the way

29 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by muhsain299(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
Jesus is the way
ISLAM is the Way

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by belloabd1914(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2016
Alhamdulilah
Barka jumah
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by herkeym001(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
Jesus is the way
peace be upon him

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Amberon: 10:10am On Feb 26, 2016
No need for that, he's always been the prince of peace.
herkeym001:

peace be upon him

18 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by herkeym001(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2016
Barka Jum'at
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by hok4u(f): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
Jesus is the way

You are liar, you can't be trusted, because you've lied by posting in this section.

Jumaat Mubarak, may we witness more of it, in sha Allah.

Al Islam Our Pride Their Fear.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by prideofscience: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2016
All una ways is to pass canny ways. This post si strictly for the mosleems.....
Amberon:
Jesus is the way
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by kamatofeelz(m): 10:15am On Feb 26, 2016
Jazzakallahhiran
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by zakson4real(m): 10:16am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
Jesus is the way
may Allah peace be upon him

4 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by easiest(m): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
Jesus is the way

Yes that is why i am a Muslim, Mohamed has teaches never contradict Jesus teaches but church teaches does.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by ashjamu(f): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2016
hok4u:

You are liar, you can't be trusted, because you've lied by posting in this section.

Jumaat Mubarak, may we witness more of it, in sha Allah.

Al Islam Our Pride Their Fearm
Yes dear you got it right, May Allah make it easy for all, juma'at kareem
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 26, 2016
Muslim... .. Sh*tty religion.... No offenz.... Buh true b dat

3 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by FuckTheMod: 10:20am On Feb 26, 2016
^^^^

The goat above doesn't know the implication of

"I believe that there no god/God but Allah ."
" I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet ."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion ."
" lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh ."

Woe betide all Hypocrites.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by moyosore27384(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2016
ALHAMDULILLAHI AND AM PROUD TO BE A MUSLIM

1 Like

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Dejiololade(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2016
Jazakumullahu khaeran... thanks for that beautiful reminder
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by yayabu(m): 10:24am On Feb 26, 2016
May Allah (SWT) guides us to establish this obligations ameen. Juma'at Mubarak.
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by herkeym001(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
No need for that, he's always been the prince of peace.

Okay, peace be unto you.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2016
herkeym001:
Okay, peace be unto you.
Good response bro.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by uvalued(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2016
muhsain299:

ISLAM is the Way
Which koranic surah please... i am impressed!
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by dovie002(m): 10:35am On Feb 26, 2016
JazakAllahu khaeran
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by Wizeboy(m): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2016
JazakaAllahu khayran for the wonderful admonition
Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by muhamadnur: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
Jesus is the way
stop deceiving your self with hatred and go and look for the truth Jesus talks about the
kingdom of heaven; the
fulfillment of the Mosaic laws:
Mathew 5:17-20 reads:
“Think not that I am come to
destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to
destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till
heaven and earth pass, one
jot or one tittle shall in no
wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall
break one of these least
commandments, and shall
teach men so, he shall be
called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but
whosoever shall do and teach
them, the same shall be called
great in the kingdom of
heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness
shall exceed the righteousness
of the scribes and Pharisees,
ye shall in no case enter into
the kingdom of heaven.”
These are Jesus’ words, from his lips. But what did
Christians say? What do they
believe? Do they talk about
the fulfillment of these laws?
They better be because if
they don’t, according to Jesus, “they shall be called the
least in the kingdom of
heaven”.
Jesus teaches the unity of
Allah; the oneness of God. In
the 12th chapter of Mark, it was reported that a man
came to Jesus and asked him:
“which is the first of ll
commandments”? and Jesus
answered: “The first of all the
commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one
Lord.”
Yet, most christians says
Jesus is God. It’s an amazing
situation. Jesus says: The Lord
our God is one Lord; Christians says: no, it is the trinity in the
god-head. Contradicting the
messege of Jesus. Nowhere
from the lips of Jesus, did he
utter trinity! And that is the
core problem of the churches: they preach what Jesus never
preached. Infact, Christianity
went on deifying Jesus. They
say Jesus walked down the
Palestine as a divine being.
The question here is, did he says he is God? Did he claim to
be God? Did he says am god
worship me? There is not in
any version of the bible
where explicitly Jesus says
listen everybody: I am god! He never make such claims.
Infact, he rebukes such
claims. In Mark, 10 and Luke
18, when a certain ruler asked
him, what to do to inherit the
eternal life, Jesus says to him: “Why callest thou me good?
none is good, save one, that
is, God. He didn’t even want
to be called good much less
god. But did the christians
follow this insruction? Not at all! Infact, they called him
god. I wonder if Jesus was
present today how he is
gonna react to this
blasphemy. Propably too
tense. As a Prophet and a messenger
of Allah, Jesus explicitly
declares in the 8th chapter of
john: "I have not come on my
own; but he (God) sent me."
He says further, “my father is greather than I.” Jesus’
mission was to convey the
message given to him by his
Lord. He was no more than a
messenger. He says:
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge:
and my judgment is just;
because I seek not mine own
will, but the will of the
Father which hath sent me.
The teaching of Jesus is not something new; it’s a kind of
transition from the earlier
teachings beginning with
Abraham. If we take prayer
for example, how the
previous prophets pray to God, we will witness a clear
consistency in their message.
The bible tells us: quote:
“And Abraham fell on his
face and pray” genesis 17:3,
and moses and Aron fell on their faces and prayed
(numbers 20:6) and Jesus fell
on his face and prayed
mathew 26:38).
And that is excatly how
Muhammad SAW prayed and the whole muslim world
prays like that. The christians
don’t pray like that though.
They have their own kind of
worship. Who is really tryin
to imitate Jesus? Christians or muslims?
And that is the main problem
of christianity: its not a
religion of Jesus; it’s the
religion consructed about
Jesus. The message of Jesus is islamic
in every sense: believing in
one God, he never mention
the mystery of trinity; that
he’s a preacher, teacher,
messenger and no more; that salvation rests by keeping
the commandments; and son.
Infact even his diet isnt
christian, Jesus’ diet is islamic
as he didn’t eat pig he kills
over 2000 pigs says the bible. For we believe that Jesus was
a muslim; and his message is
islam.
Little wonder that on his
second coming he is going to
rejects the christians for they misunderstood him and his
message.
The bible tell us in the 7th
chapter of mathew:
Many will say to me in that
day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and
in thy name have cast out
devils? and in thy name done
many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto
them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that
work iniquity.
Jesus is going to rebuke the
christians, and this is in
consequence of the diversion
in christianity from the real message. Its like a dialectic
between the 2billion
christians and Jesus.
Christians are more concerned
with the one who did the
preaching than what he preached. It’s a kind of shift
from the message to the
messenger. And when this
kind of shift happens,
problems and
misunderstanding emerged. If the emphases is in the
preacher, racial pride and
nationalism come into play.
You cant value the message if
you’re too obsessed from
where it comes from. Jesus pray to God; christians
pray to Jesus. Christianity is a
religion of paul constructed
against Jesus.
Jesus was a Muslim and his
religion was Islam in every sense.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Rights Of A Muslim Upon Another Muslim by muhamadnur: 10:45am On Feb 26, 2016
1. Returning the greeting of salaam is obligatory if the greeting is given to one person. If it is given to a group, then it is obligatory upon the group
(fard kifaayah or communal obligation; if one of the group returns the greeting, the obligation as been met). With regard to initiating the greeting, the basic principle is that it is Sunnah. It says in al- Mawsoo‘ah al-Fiqhiyyah (11/314): Initiating the greeting is Sunnah mu’akkadah (a confirmed Sunnah) because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Spread the greeting of salaam amongst yourselves.” It is obligatory to return the greeting if it is given to one person. If the greeting is given to a group, then in their case responding is a fard kifaayah (communal obligation); if one of them
responds the sin is waived from the others, but if they all respond, they have all done what is required, Whether they respond all together or one after another. If they all refrain from responding, then they are all sinning because of the report which says: “The rights of one Muslim over another are five: returning (the greeting) of salaam…” End quote. 2. Visiting the sick it is a communal obligation. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: Visiting the sick is a fard kifaayah (communal obligation). Majmoo‘ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 13/1085 See also the answer to question no. 71968 3. Attending funerals is also a fard kifaayah (communal obligation). See the answer to question no. 67576 4. With regard to accepting invitations, if the invitation is to a wedding feast, then the majority of scholars are of the view that it is obligatory to accept unless there is a legitimate shar‘i reason not to do so. If it is for something other than a wedding feast, the majority are of the view that it is mustahabb. But there are conditions for accepting invitations in general terms. For details of that please see the answer to question no. 22006 5. With regard to saying Yarhamuk Allah (May Allah have mercy on you) to one who sneezes, there is a difference of opinion concerning the ruling. It says in al-Mawsoo‘ah al- Fiqhiyyah, 4/22: This saying Yarhamuk Allah (May Allah have mercy on you) is Sunnah according to the Shaafa‘is. According to the Hanbalis and the Hanafis, it is obligatory. The Maalikis said – and it is an opinion among the Hanbalis – that it is a communal obligation. It was narrated from al- Bayaan that the stronger view is that it is an individual obligation (fard
‘ayn), because of the hadeeth: “It is the duty of every Muslim who hears him (the one who sneezes)
to say: Yarhamuk Allah (may Allah have mercy on you). End quote The more correct opinion is that it is obligatory on the one who hears the sneezer praise Allah (by saying “Al-hamdu Lillah”), because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (6223) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) who said: “Allaah likes the act of sneezing and dislikes the act of yawning, so if any one of you sneezes and praises Allaah (says ‘al-hamdu Lillaah’), it is a duty on every Muslim who hears him to say to him, ‘Yarhamuk Allaah (may Allaah have mercy on you) .’” Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said: We have quoted above the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, in which it says: “if any one of you sneezes and praises Allaah (says ‘al- hamdu Lillaah’), it is a duty (haqq) on every Muslim who hears him to say to him, ‘Yarhamuk Allaah (may Allaah have mercy on you).”. al- Tirmidhi included the hadeeth of Anas under the heading: Chapter on what was narrated about it being obligatory to say Yarhamuk Allah (may Allah have mercy on you) when one who sneezes says Al-hamdu Lillah (Praise be to Allah). This indicates that it is obligatory in his view, and
this is the correct view, because of the hadeeths that clearly indicate that it is obligatory and there was nothing to contradict that, and Allah knows best. One of them is the hadeeth
of Abu Hurayrah mentioned above, and another is his other hadeeth, “There are five (rights) that the Muslim has over his brother,” which is also mentioned above. Another is the hadeeth of Saalim ibn ‘Ubayd, in which it says: “Let those who are with him say to him: Yarhamuk Allah (may Allah have mercy on you).” And another is the report narrated by at-Tirmidhi from ‘Ali who said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Muslim has six (rights) over his fellow- Muslim: he should greet him with salaam when he meets him; he should respond when he invites him; he should say Yarhamuk Allah (may Allah have mercy on you) if he sneezes; he should visit him if he falls sick; he should attend his funeral if he dies; and he should love for him what he loves
for himself.” He (at- Tirmidhi) said: This is a hasan hadeeth. It was also narrated via another isnaad from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). Some of the scholars spoke negatively about al- Haarith al-A‘war (one of the narrators). In the same chapter it is also narrated from Abu Hurayrah, Abu Ayyoob, al-
Bara’ and Abu Mas‘ood. And another of these hadeeths is that which was narrated by at- Tirmidhi from Abu Ayyoob, according to which the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
“If one of you sneezes, let him say Al-hamdu Lillah (praise be to Allah); and let him say ‘ala kulli haal (in all circumstances). And let the one who responds to him say: Yarhamuk Allah (may Allah have mercy on you). And let him say: Yahdikum Allahu wa yuslih baalakum (May Allah guide you and set your affairs straight). There are four kinds of proof in the hadeeth quoted above (“if any one of you sneezes and praises Allaah (says ‘al-hamdu Lillaah’), it is a duty (haqq) on every Muslim who hears him to say to him, ‘Yarhamuk Allaah (may Allaah have mercy on you)”):

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Concept Of Marriage In Islam / Why A Muslim Should Not Celebrate Valentine? / Science Confirms Fasting is Good for Human Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.