Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,379 members, 7,850,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Gunmen Attack Ekiti APC Secretarial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Ekiti APC Secretarial (698 Views)

Delta APC Crisis: APC Secretarial, Asaba Locked With 'juju'? (Photos) / Gunmen Attack Ikpeazu's Convoy In Aba / Gunmen Attack Military Base, Kill Civilian, Steal Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Ekiti APC Secretarial by dre11(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
Suspected gunmen, alleged to be loyalists of Governor Ayo Fayose, on Wednesday evening invaded the Ekiti State secretariat of the All Progressives Congress.

A statement by Wole Olujobi, the media aide to the embattled Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Dr. Adewale Omirin, claimed that sporadic gunshots rented the air as the gunmen arrived at the party’s secretariat.

The heavily armed men were said to have come in four Hilux vans and a car.

Party flags and posters of APC candidates were allegedly damaged.

Olujobi said shortly before the gunmen arrived, streetlights along Ajilosun Street, where the APC secretariat is located, were switched off.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/01/21/breaking-gunmen-attack-ekiti-apc-secretariat/

Gunmen on Wednesday night attacked the Ekiti State secretariat of the All Progressives Congress in Ado-Ekiti and destroyed the flags and posters of the party’s candidates.

According to a statement issued by the state Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun, the gunmen came in four Hilux vehicles and a car to unleash the mayhem.

“Shortly before they arrived, streetlights along Ajilosun Street where the APC secretariat is located were switched off. The hoodlums wounded the security man at the gate of the APC office,” the statement said.

Olatunbosun claimed that the Director of Department of State Service, Mr. Samuel Tamuno and the Commissioner of Police, Taiwo Lakanu, had been informed about the development.

When contacted, Lakanu confirmed the crisis saying, “I don’t think there was any sporadic shooting there. But I have drafted my men there to maintain peace and order.”

The party said Governor Ayo Fayose had concluded plans to hold a rally at Fajuyi Roundabout in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday in a bid to disrupt the APC presidential rally scheduled for the same day in the city.

“Fajuyi roundabout is a major road to Ekitiparapo Square along NTA road where the APC is holding its presidential rally on Saturday.

“The Independent National Electoral Commission’s rule prevents two parties to hold rallies on same day in the same state capital. The PDP held its rally about two weeks ago,” the statement added.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/01/gunmen-attack-ekiti-apc-secretariat.html?m=1
Re: Gunmen Attack Ekiti APC Secretarial by dre11(m): 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
Is this the best way to silence the opposition in your state by sending gun men to destroy their secretarial and scare them just days to the presidential rally.

Ekiti in the news again courtesy of stomach infrastructure governor
Re: Gunmen Attack Ekiti APC Secretarial by kingphilip(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
dre11:
Is this the best way to silence the opposition in your state by sending gun men to destroy their secretarial and scare them just days to the presidential rally.

Ekiti in the news again courtesy of stomach infrastructure governor
for the stomach infrastructure governor to have won meant that the apc governor previously there was worst or will u tell me ekiti people cannot differentiate between their right from their left? from ur first paragraph I guess we should say apc wanted to silence the opposition in katsina by stoning the president's convoy

well I've always maintained a stand, people during this election period will want to create chaos so dat the opposition can be blamed in all this but we need to b wise and stop over hyping hoodlums and giving them a position of honor they cannot obtain

(1) (Reply)

Gej Ph.d Is Not Buhari Fake School Certificate / Jonathan Will Lose This Election / What Will Pdp Delegates Ask Our General Buhari To Bring Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.