Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

I Need Help With Blood Sugar - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help With Blood Sugar (1513 Views)

5 Warning Signs Of Low Blood Sugar / The 4 Foods That Will Steady Your Blood Sugar / Oranges With Positive HIV Aids Blood In It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With Blood Sugar by vivaciouzz(f): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
please I need help as regards to blood sugar..my mom's blood sugar is high and I need to know the type of medication or natural herbs that can be taken to control n reduce d high rate..I don't want to lose her to an unknown ailment plz..she has gone to pharmacies n clinics but d drugs recommended for her ain't helping matters
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by ArchEnemy(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
vivaciouzz:
please I need help as regards to blood sugar..my mom's blood sugar is high and I need to know the type of medication or natural herbs that can be taken to control n reduce d high rate..I don't want to lose her to an unknown ailment plz..she has gone to pharmacies n clinics but d drugs recommended for her ain't helping matters
drugs not helping? What kinda drugs?
Didnt you see a doctor?
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Redoil: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
Give her wash bitter leaf water to drink it will help
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
just to help u. there is this doctor I think he can help u. call this no 08137636176. he lives in osun state. I do hear about him but pls don't send money to any body.
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by vivaciouzz(f): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Redoil:
Give her wash bitter leaf water to drink it will help
she has been taking dat too
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Redoil: 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
vivaciouzz:
she has been taking dat too
take her to hospital
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by FredHandsome(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
vivaciouzz:

She needs insulin injection ASAP!
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by babygirlfl: 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
There are many other medications that she can try before insulin.

vivaciouzz,

Take your mum to a good doctor. Metformin, glicazide and glibenclamide are some medication she can try before taking insulin.
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
How high is this blood sugar?
What medication did they give her?
What is her HBA1c?
Is she exibiting symptoms: nausea, vomit, eating/dronking/peeing a lot. ?
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
babygirlfl:

Take your mum to a good doctor. Metformin, glicazide and glibenclamide are some medication she can try before taking insulin.

It depends on how high her blood glucose and A1C is for insulin injection.

She may need to he hospitalized especially if its above 500 + or - symptoms of hyperglycemia
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by vivaciouzz(f): 7:10am On Jan 23, 2015
D last check up was up to 400..m not at home..m currently in school n she told me abt d rate wen I called her..shez not vomiting or peeing too much..
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
vivaciouzz:
D last check up was up to 400..m not at home..m currently in school n she told me abt d rate wen I called her..shez not vomiting or peeing too much..

One answer. Diet. diet. Diet. Watch what she eats. See below

Hm...if there are any symptom/ signs at all, i would advise going to hospital for intravenous insulin as inpatient treatment. It works faster to bring sugar down.

400 is quite a bit. Normal is @ 126. Her A1c is probably around 10 ( normal is @ 6). That is bad all around cos thats where complications start.

If you cannot afford to go to hospital, then your next option is to go to outpatient clinic and obtain prescription for insulin shots like lantus pen.

But since i dont know the ranges for her blood sugar, you also have the option of metformin 1000mg bid + or - glyburide ( or any in the sulfonamide drug class) if she can tolerate them.

Diabetes diet education is essential

The biggest and probably the first important thing is to manage and control her diet.n

Drugs only work if the diet is approrpiate. Low carb, low sugar, low fat, low calorie meals. The size of meal she eats at any given time should fit her palm only.

Please let me know if any other question, id be happy to help.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by vivaciouzz(f): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
Xiadnat:

Hm...if there are any symptom/ signs at all, i would advise going to hospital for intravenous insulin as inpatient treatment. It works faster to bring sugar down.

400 is quite a bit. Normal is @ 126. Her A1c is probably around 10 ( normal is @ 6). That is bad all around cos thats where complications start.

If you cannot afford to go to hospital, then your next option is to go to outpatient clinic and obtain prescription for insulin shots like lantus pen.

But since i dont know the ranges for her blood sugar, you also have the option of metformin 1000mg bid + or - glyburide ( or any in the sulfonamide drug class) if she can tolerate them.

The biggest and probably the first important thing is to manage and control her diet.n

Drugs only work if the diet is approrpiate. Low carb, low sugar, low fat, low calorie meals. The size of meal she eats at any given time should fit her palm only.

. Tnx a lot..actually, d rate is 325 or so..n we r extremely careful abt her diet..
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
vivaciouzz:
. Tnx a lot..actually, d rate is 325 or so..n we r extremely careful abt her diet..

You are welcomed. Gesundheit (good health) to your mother.
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by drisatasarr: 2:11am On Jan 24, 2015
vivaciouzz:

Best thing you can do is get Mom to a physician ASAP. Get some labs to check basic metabolic profile, HgA1C, lipids and urinemicroalbumin.
Best approach is :
Lifestyle modification, exercise prescription and drugs. First line drug is Metformin. If she is not controlled you may add SU or TZD. If it's still not controlled, you may consider new insulin regimen of basal insulin once daily plus meal time insulin. You may also look at newer drugs like DPP4 antagonist or GLP1 depending on their availability and finance. There are others like SGLT2 that you may also consider.
The goal is to keep A1C less than 6. Her blood pressure and cholesterol needs controlling. Make sure her feet and eyes are checked yearly.
Do these and she will see her great great grandchildren. Good luck.
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by dunhill20: 9:43am On Jan 24, 2015
I was trying to help you but the moderators deleted the post and ban me for 1 day. The best treatment to blood sugar level is detoxification. It helps to reduce high blood sugar level to normal, reduce high blood pressure to normal. I hv been in this business for a long time and iv nver had any complain from my clients. Whatsapp 08136478517 for more advice.
Re: I Need Help With Blood Sugar by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Xiadnat:

It's always a pleasure to see other health care professionals helping out in the health section, you are welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition / Fanta Or Sprite Can Be Taken With "Vitamins C", It's Not Poisonous - NBC / Pregnancy Supplement For Breastfeeding Mother: PREGNACARE BREASTFEEDING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.