Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Benefit Of English To An Engineer And A Scientist. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benefit Of English To An Engineer And A Scientist. (1230 Views)

Mechanical Engineer And Mandarin Chinese Consultant / Little Translation From English To Edo, 6 Words :) / The Essence Of English Names? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefit Of English To An Engineer And A Scientist. by reachome(m): 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
Of what benefit is english language to a practise engineer an a scientist.
Re: Benefit Of English To An Engineer And A Scientist. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:34am On Jan 23, 2015
English is a versatile language. It also has one of the richest [if not the sole richest] technical vocabulary in all of human history. English is also the 'mother tongue' (if you will) of many well-known, international standards. Of course, other languages can develop a technically rich vocabulary. However, in terms of scope and usability, English has long since established itself as more or less the better tool for the job (for good reason). It's no wonder engineers and scientists use it in technical discussions, even if they share a different native language.
Re: Benefit Of English To An Engineer And A Scientist. by Fulaman198(m): 5:44am On Jan 23, 2015
If you are in an English speaking nation, or if you often have to make presentations in the English language if you travel abroad a lot, English can come in handy. It is the language of commerce after all.

I'm not a fan of the English language, however, I do find myself using it on a consistent basis to communicate my Engineering and Technical points to others.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sister Act: The Twins Behind Ibeyi / Eko Oyi Which Means Camp Of Thieves! Eko Oyi Is Edo Language. / Difference Between Yoruba North/yoruba South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.