Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Women Try And Control Your Tongues! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Try And Control Your Tongues! (4630 Views)

Man Posed With His Little Daughter At The Beach And Got Tongues Wagging / This Just A Message To Parents On How They Use Their Tongues / To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by NickiRoman: 7:16am On Jan 23, 2015
elantraceey:
Ok we've heard but don't forget that most times we don't just talk because we feel like talking, there's always a cause.
Who and who are the "WE" ? Don't speak on behalf of others. Speak for yourself alone
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2015
NickiRoman:
The generalization on this thread is appalling, Not all women talk alot.I know more men than women who nag like there's no tomorrow.The saying that women talk a lot is just a myth.

that saying, is never a myth. It is true that women talk more than men. It is not a thing to be ashamed of and i think thats the reason you are getting defensive here. It isn't your fault you women talk more than men. It is biology. What we are saying is you should control it like every thing else. Saying women talk too much is a myth is like saying it is a myth men have stronger sex drive.

And no, i do not believe you know more men who nag than you know women. You see, anytime issues like this come up, we tend to get defensive and that's when the few examples of people who behave in deviation from the mean behaviour of their group will begin to spring up in our heads. This happens somewhere deep in our conciousness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jnrbayano(m): 7:55am On Jan 23, 2015
NickiRoman:
The generalization on this thread is appalling, Not all women talk alot.I know more men than women who nag like there's no tomorrow.The saying that women talk a lot is just a myth.

Culled from the Op,

A grown woman is said on average to speak 13,000 to 20,000 words more than a man on any given day!

The above is a categorical statement and not a myth. Nobody generalizes.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by NickiRoman: 8:03am On Jan 23, 2015
craziebone:

that saying, is never a myth. It is true that women talk more than men. It is not a thing to be ashamed of and i think thats the reason you are getting defensive here. It isn't your fault you women talk more than men. It is biology. What we are saying is you should control it like every thing else. Saying women talk too much is a myth is like saying it is a myth men have stronger sex drive.

And no, i do not believe you know more men who nag than you know women. You see, anytime issues like this come up, we tend to get defensive and that's when the few examples of people who behave in deviation from the mean behaviour of their group will begin to spring up in our heads. This happens somewhere deep in our conciousness.
..Stop generalizing boy that's all,No body is getting defensive.What I said is the simple truth.You haven't met every woman to insinuate we all talk a lot.People who nothing about life and women go dey open their mouth dey give "Advice".Like I said it's just a myth.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by NickiRoman: 8:13am On Jan 23, 2015
jnrbayano:

Culled from the Op,

The above is a categorical statement and not a myth. Nobody generalizes.
..Do you hear yourself? grin grin Yeah Nobody generalizes indeed.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jnrbayano(m): 8:23am On Jan 23, 2015
NickiRoman:
..Do you hear yourself? grin grin Yeah Nobody generalizes indeed.

Dear,

Take for example, men generally run faster than women, why, because men have bigger lungs than female so says the human anatomical part of biology. This known fact is cast in stone.

But that doesn't mean some physically fit women can't outrun a fraction of the physically fit men.

Apply this example to the subject matter.

Any analytical mind gender notwithstanding, will never take anything away from this beautiful Op.

3 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by NickiRoman: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2015
jnrbayano:

Dear,

Take for example, men generally run faster than women, why, because men have bigger lungs than female so says the human anatomical part of biology. This known fact is cast in stone.

But that doesn't mean some physically fit women can't outrun a fraction of the physically fit men.

Any analytical mind gender notwithstanding, will never take anything away from this beautiful Op.
OK.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 23, 2015
talking about not generalizing: this stance came up and is increasingly being advocated today because of man's experience at WWII and i understand that completely. But that's not to say gneralization is a bad thing.

If dogs can begin to salivate as soon as it sees a man dressed in a lab coat approaching its kennel bacause he had always been fed by that same man in lab coat, i wonder why we think humans should not learn to draw up conclusions after encountering a regular pattern?

A good generalization is an important tool in statistics and probability. It remains a relevant tool in the measurement of an average behaviour. A GOOD Generalization is never a bad thing!

2 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Afrobasic(m): 9:02am On Jan 23, 2015
jnrbayano:

Dear,

Very Good analogy. cool

Stereotype justified.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2015
NickiRoman:
..Stop generalizing boy that's all,No body is getting defensive.What I said is the simple truth.You haven't met every woman to insinuate we all talk a lot.People who nothing about life and women go dey open their mouth dey give "Advice".Like I said it's just a myth.

there is no harm in a GOOD generalization. A GOOD generalization is that which is backed up by statistical and scientific fact, not that which is bias so as to make a flawed arguement possible. I have not said all women talk more than men. Infact, i mentioned it that some people behave in deviation from the mean behaviour of their group. I wonder why you neglected that to take a jab at me!

I think i know a woman has a uterus. She has a fallopian tube, i know she has broader hips, 'full' chest and a different genitilia from a man. I also know that the part of the brain ment for speech in a woman is quite diferent from that in a man. Pls, can someone add up to this list for me.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jadelyn007(f): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sorry to say this, there are some men who don't understand any language but bad mouth. Until you bad mouth them they won't do the right thing. There are also some that just need u to point things out to them logically and clearly and that's all. I have learnt to differentiate between the 2 of categories of men. I know those I nag and I know those that don't need me to nag or badmouth them before they do the right thing.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Amhappy(f): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
The power of life and death lies in the tongue. @ Op there are Men whose words are more poisonous than that of women, so don't exonerate men at all.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:
Sorry to say this, there are some men who don't understand any language but bad mouth. Until you bad mouth them they won't do the right thing. There are also some that just need u to point things out to them logically and clearly and that's all. I have learnt to differentiate between the 2 of categories of men. I know those I nag and I know those that don't need me to nag or badmouth them before they do the right thing.

and are there also some women who understand only the language of beating? Should we also know those we beat and those we don't?

Don't get me wrong. I get your point completely. I m only trying to say it the other way round and see if it sounds very well to the ears.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:

But why do you have to "bad mouth" folks to get ya message across? You need to understand that men have feelings as well like other human beings, and once people feel disrespected, there are consequences. However, how every guy applies those consequences is different. I would guess that the guys you "bad mouth" to get a reaction you want are the ones who always feel the need to pander/massage chics' non-existent egos. But not every guy is like that - and a lot don't care about pandering to women cos once you look at it critically, most women don't add anything substantial to their lives. And they'll treat you the way you treat them. Evidently, you can't blame them for whatever approach they choose when reacting to impudence from the opposite sex. It's like Newton's 3rd law of motion: "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Also, disrespecting a guy can be suicidal sometimes cos men have bigger egos - and to a lot of guys, revenge is karma. And the urge to demand respect is always a reflex action most times. Just learn how to watch ya mouth and be respectful, cos there might be consequences. Not everyone cares about making women happy for being insolent.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by crackhaus: 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
Cracky, the day I introduced written arguments in my home was the day I understood what peace means. grin. When she comes and says we need to talk, I just go to the bookshelf and bring out 'Argument Book'. I tell her "just state the points baby, you know I can't write evrything," with the straightest face I can muster. Lobatan. Thank God for wisdom. grin

Arguing logical with a woman can be worse than pulling teeth.
Lmao @argument book, for realz? Ingenious...

Does logical and woman even go in the same sentence gringrin
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by crackhaus: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
craziebone:

and are there also some women who understand only the language of beating? Should we also know those we beat and those we don't?
Good question.

If there are men who respond only to nagging, there ought to be women who respond only to beating.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
crackhaus:

Lmao @argument book, for realz? Ingenious...

Does logical and woman even go in the same sentence gringrin
At first, it used to be filled with topics and points of discussion but, it kept us honest and eliminated shouting and going off point. Now, it serves as a reminder to do what's right. I can't be arguing that my sister looked at you one kind for two hours. I don't want to die young.

Women will be logical only when it serves their purpose, otherwise you're on your own. Don't bother arguing.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:
Sadly, what you experience is men willing to subsidise your silliness. If they don't tolerate your bad-mouthing like you wouldn't tolerate their physicality, you'd have learned to address people with respect. "I know those that don't need me to badmouth them". And those ones will claim to be men too?

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by RossMehn: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
As someone said if u have no tolerance and patience as a man no marryyyyy oooo smiley
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jadelyn007(f): 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
SirShymex:

But why do you have to "bad mouth" folks to get ya message across? You need to understand that men have feelings as well like other human beings, and once people feel disrespected, there are consequences. However, how every guy applies those consequences is different. I would guess that the guys you "bad mouth" to get a reaction you want are the ones who always feel the need to pander/massage chics' non-existent egos. But not every guy is like that - and a lot don't care about pandering to women cos once you look at it critically, most women don't add anything substantial to their lives. And they'll treat you the way you treat them. Evidently, you can't blame them for whatever approach they choose when reacting to impudence from the opposite sex. It's like Newton's 3rd law of motion: "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Also, disrespecting a guy can be suicidal sometimes cos men have bigger egos - and to a lot of guys, revenge is karma. And the urge to demand respect is always a reflex action most times. Just learn how to watch ya mouth and be respectful, cos there might be consequences. Not everyone cares about making women happy for being insolent.
let me give an example of what I mean, I have lived with guys all my life as brothers, cousins n even during nysc I was the only girl in the entire community of about 9 other guys. There are some guys that I tell you have to do this, they procastinate till thy kingdom come, until you start nagging them that's when they will do what they r supposed to do so that they can have peace of mind from my nagging.

There are others I tell please, this thing needs to be done, they say I can't do it today but I'll do it tomorrow, and when its tomorrow they stick to their words.

This isn't about ego, its about doing what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it without me having to chase you around or nag you.

as for guys with massive egos, If you keep annoying me then I'll ask you to chose between me annoying you right back or just nagging you.

By the way, isn't it hypocritical that we all badmouth our president, call him clueless, dumb, drunk and all sorts of unmentionable without being sent to jail yet we don't want our spouses to bad mouth us when we misbehave or under-perform?

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jadelyn007(f): 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
Sadly, what you experience is men willing to subsidise your silliness. If they don't tolerate your bad-mouthing like you wouldn't tolerate their physicality, you'd have learned to address people with respect. "I know those that don't need me to badmouth them". And those ones will claim to be men too?
mr hypocrite if you know you can't make an argument without being insulting then you have no business on this thread criticizing other people. Mtcheeeewww! And we wonder why some women badmouth some men.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by 5minsmadness: 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:

By the way, isn't it hypocritical that we all badmouth our president, call him clueless, dumb, drunk and all sorts of unmentionable without being sent to jail yet we don't want our spouses to bad mouth us when we misbehave or under-perform?
So.
Wait.
You are now comparing goodluck to your husband?
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jadelyn007(f): 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
craziebone:

Don't get me wrong. I get your point completely. I m only trying to say it the other way round and see if it sounds very well to the ears.
LOL, you are comparing apples to oranges. Let's me use this logic again, you have at one point or the other insulted your president but he didn't throw you in jail because there is something called freedom of speech. The punishment of beating your spouse is not commensurate with the offense. One involves the use of force which leaves the other party totally helpless. While in verbal abuse you are not totally helpless, you can easily stop yourself from listening to those words that you find offensive.

Am sure if someone like hulk hogan verbally abuses you, you would rather walk away than flex you muscles at him

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jadelyn007(f): 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

So.
Wait.
You are now comparing goodluck to your husband?
hahahaha, Goodluck is someones husband and probably someones father yet we cuss him out without any sort of respect, why? Probably the president would be justified to throw anyone who insults him in jail, right?
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by 5minsmadness: 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:
hahahaha, Goodluck is someones husband and probably someones father yet we cuss him out without any sort of respect, why? Probably the president would be justified to throw anyone who insults him in jail, right?
Speak for yourself. I don't cuss him out. And the topic is on women who use abusive words on their spouses and the men that hit back, not the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:
mr hypocrite if you know you can't make an argument without being insulting then you have no business on this thread criticizing other people. Mtcheeeewww! And we wonder why some women badmouth some men.
I only stated facts. If you feel insulted it only reflects your inability to be logical and deal with reality. No amount of hissing, being quite the reptile that you are, will change the fact that you have a bad attitude and you only get away with insulting people because they choose to overlook your excesses due to whatever silly rationalisation they might have made.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:

This just proves your dissonance from logic. FYI, Jonathan is an employee of the Nigerian people. He is not our father, he is not our uncle or husband. He's a freaking employee. I pay that dunce, and because I can't just fire his clueless arze I rant and curse him out to relieve my frustration at being saddled with an imbeciile who's hell-bent on pissing away my life and livelihood. Surely you musta heard of apples and oranges?!

3 Likes

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jadelyn007(f): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
I only stated facts. If you feel insulted it only reflects your inability to be logical and deal with reality. No amount of hissing, being quite the reptile that you are, will change the fact that you have a bad attitude and you only get away with insulting people because they choose to overlook your excesses due to whatever silly rationalisation they might have made.
Mr mannerless, I made a comment which didn't go down well with your ideology, its either you point out your opinion politely or you look past my comment rather than call mine silly. What makes you better than the women you are here condemning if my comment warranted you calling me silly? By the way, its your type that people bad mouth because you lack manner of approach.

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by jadelyn007(f): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Timbuktou:
This just proves your dissonance from logic. FYI, Jonathan is an employee of the Nigerian people. He is not our father, he is not our uncle or husband. He's a freaking employee. I pay that dunce, and because I can't just fire his clueless arze I rant and curse him out to relieve my frustration at being saddled with an imbeciile who's hell-bent on pissing away my life and livelihood. Surely you musta heard of apples and oranges?!
and you think you don't frustrate you wife enough for her to bad mouth you like you bad mouth your president?

Have you ever heard the phrase respect for elders in you culture, what ever grouse you have with the president can't you point it out without calling him a dunce or clueless ass because you pay him.

So its ok, to insult your elderly gateman too because you pay him and he doesn't meet up with you expectation?

And you still wonder why you wife will cuss you out when you frustrate her and under perform?

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:

1. and you think you don't frustrate you wife enough for her to bad mouth you like you bad mouth your president?

2. Have you ever heard the phrase respect for elders in you culture, what ever grouse you have with the president can't you point it out without calling him a dunce or clueless ass because you pay him.

3. So its ok, to insult your elderly gateman too because you pay him and he doesn't meet up with you expectation?

4. And you still wonder why you wife will cuss you out when you frustrate her and under perform?

1. Nah, I don't, I'm a sensitive husband and father, my clan will attest to that. In any case, my wife is cultured enough to broach touchy topics with temperance. Not everyone is an omo alata you know.

2. Jonathan has forfeited the right to be respected with his many misdeeds. That's been dealt with, reread my last post or show it to someone around you with a functional brain to help you understand.

3. Nope, like I said refer to my last post. He'd be fired. Seriously, I didn't find comprehension this hard in Pry 4.

4. Your husband must be a sad, frustrated, enabling under-performing man. Note, however, not everyone is a loser like him. And, please, stop comparing yourself with civilised people, it's ugly. wink

1 Like

Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by freecocoa(f): 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
Words once spoken can't be taken back so everyone should mind what they say.

Truthfully, there are men who talk as much as women but walai, most women can talk, still, I don't think hitting her because of what she said, can be justified, it's best to walk away instead of waiting to get to the point you have to hit her, if you try to walk and she restrains you, then whatever she gets, she had coming.

Men should also learn to stop provoking women to talk, only a mad woman would just start talking for no reason.
Re: Women Try And Control Your Tongues! by freecocoa(f): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
jadelyn007:
I'm sorry but this is a really crazy thing to say, if you think someone has to be bad mouthed to get a point, it automatically means some people also need to be beaten to get a point, I don't think any sane person would like to be bad mouthed or beaten.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking: Ex-footballer Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Kids With Wife Not His / 8 Best Ways To Deal With Your Enemies / Can a Catholic Man do his wedding in bride's pentecostal church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.