Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,314 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? (6748 Views)

How Did The Races Originate? / Where Did Cain Get His Wife? / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
where are the scientific FACTS.show us and stop telling stories.Leave story for religious people.Produce your well beloved facts and stop making assertions out of probability and extrapolation

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin m_nwanko talked to you about genetics but you dismissed it as fairy tales, The global flood didn't happen there would have been geological evidence for it, not to mention the fact that the water has to come from somewhere, that is a scientific fact. Can you tell me how the Chinese people migrated to China from Adam?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
where are the scientific FACTS.show us and stop telling stories.Leave story for religious people.Produce your well beloved facts and stop making assertions out of probability and extrapolation

you're asking an arts and commerce student for scientific facts? grin
wait small, he has a few more websites to plagiarise.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2009
@davidylan
lol.The hands of law may catch up with him soon.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2009
davidylan:

you're asking an arts and commerce student for scientific facts? grin
wait small, he has a few more websites to plagiarise.

At least am not like you that plagiarise from websites that do not agree with my positions including plagiarising wrong equations to prove things you have little or no knowledge about.  Are you still here talking about science after you have been completly dicredited on the other thread with your demons of selective reading and comprehension? grin grin grin grin What a goon.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2009
@bindex
I did not dismiss m_nwankwo,please stop misspelling the brova's name.I explained to him why Adam and Eve were not subject to genetic errors and homogeneity.
B T W, get your facts right.Geology attests to even more than one global flood.and breaking news to you,the chinese are Noah's boys.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
I did not dismiss m_nwankwo,please stop misspelling the brova's name.I explained to him why Adam and Eve were not subject to genetic errors and homogeneity.
B T W, get your facts right[b].Geology attests to even more than one global flood[/b].and breaking news to you,the chinese are Noah's boys.

grin grin grin Can you provide evidence to show how geology attest to a Global flood? grin grin The Chinese are Noahs boys according to your pastor or who?  grin grin grin grin grin grin. Do you even understand what you are saying? grin grin grin grin
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by ow11(m): 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2009
Image123:

B T W, get your facts right.Geology attests to even more than one global flood.and breaking news to you,the chinese are Noah's boys.

I have tried to let you stop arguing with science. There is no such thing as a global flood in geology! Rise and fall of sea levels has nothing to do with global flooding as described in the bible. The global flood as described in the bible is said to be unique and marine trangression and regression is a normal occurence every 26,000 years according to data gathered from cores (Ice and rock).  Every other thing you say about the origin of man or different races is your own interpretation as the bible is silent about the existence of any other peoples on earth apart from those in present day Middle East, NE Africa and Southern Europe. That my friend is your own 'prophecy' not the 'more sure word of prophecy' Peter described.

Image123:

@ow11
hello,see I'm not saying I know all.no.But they're not the only ones that studied science.All I'm doing is putting their 'talk' under scrutiny,and the lapses are clear.Let me give you a scenario of what scientists are saying about man's history.They stumble on human relics in some cave,take the rocks around the remains and go to date it.Then they get some figure which is supposed to be the age of the rock and tell us 'this relic was here when this rock was formed about 10000 years ago'.And they assert that.Imagine,something which is a speculation is turned to an assertion and printed on science reports.some get lucky,they might see a pollen grain around the relic.Then they say waoh,cavemen used to bury their dead with flowers.That's the way they build all the fables with little details around.That to me is not enough evidence,but just a creative mind who may make more money in hollywood.Then they begin to compare dates of different relics found and conclude o,the earliest man is found in Southern Africa.He was walking with his back bent and speaking pidgin.without much ado,the science world applauds the discovery.That's just about how most of this history of man is done.And I'm supposed to believe that when I have a more sure word of prophecy.It's not done

Yes you are! you are saying you know well enough to believe that all scientists are saying about genetics is bullshit and should be disregarded while an interpretation that is open to debate about the origins of man should be the best bet in its place. Modern Science has not corroborated any thing written in the bible therefore it pains me when Christians try to say so and even try to prove it. It is this kind of behaviour that made Kent Hovind postulate an Ice ring used to exist round the earth and could have been the source of the rain in the Noah's ark story.

BTW, I hate your mockery of how archaeologists, geologists and palaeontologists work. If scientists worked like that, we would still be riding camels and horses. It is either you have decided to refuse to know or you know but your dedication to an interpretation someone told you is too strong for you to be convinced what you believed is not entirely correct.

Your statement I highlighted in my 1st post should be what Christians should use the bible for and not bring it into a science classroom or debate.

@bindex

You should not railroad Image123 to believe that Adam and Eve story is false. It is written in the bible and he should believe everything the bible says as a Christian. If the bible says God created Adam and Eve, that by itself is left for interpretation. He may be right to believe in the bible because it has not been proven they never existed anyway. Where I have a problem is him trying to use an interpretation of that story to condemn and ridicule efforts scientists have made in the various fields being talked about on this thread.
He is entitled to his opinion on the origin of man and you should respect this as we all know a find tomorrow might make you modify whatever conclusions you might have drawn regarding the origins of man.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Magz(m): 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2009
Read the book of "Ismael", by David Quinn. It does an excellent job of explaining this matter.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
ow11:

@bindex

You should not railroad Image123 to believe that Adam and Eve story is false. It is written in the bible and he should believe everything the bible says as a Christian. If the bible says God created Adam and Eve, that by itself is left for interpretation. He may be right to believe in the bible because it has not been proven they never existed anyway. Where I have a problem is him trying to use an interpretation of that story to condemn and ridicule efforts scientists have made in the various fields been talked about on this thread.
He is entitled to his opinion on the origin of man and you should respect this as we all know a find tomorrow might make you modify whatever conclusions you might have drawn regarding the origins of man.

The reason he keeps on saying that scientific explanations are all a fairy tale is what is really beyond me.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2009
@bindex
hi,sorry I've not been available to reply you.I've being busy all day and may so be till next week.About your request for evidence to show that geology attests to global flood,simply pick up a earth science textbook or even check on the internet.Notice however that I said 'they attest to global flood'.even more than one.Every serious geologist believes that the whole world has been covered by water before.The only thing is that they have different opinions concerning it.Trust scientists now,they behave confused about every little thing and may end up confusing the casual observer.Some believe the earth was covered up with water,flowing water.some believe it was ice. It depends on the link you're reading from,each of them give their reasons for their belief.In the textbooks,their differing THEORIES are both listed/defined.Some believe flood happened once while some believe it happens at intervals.They're not agreed on the intervals either.Some believe the Noah's flood was the most recent,some others think the last flood was much earlier.The basic thing is that they all believe that the world was earlier covered up by water(liquid or ice).
Also,I'm not saying scientific explanations are all fairy tale.please,don't get me wrong.I've said it before and I say it again.I appreciate the advance of science,both christian and non-christian scientists.What I'm against is the use of unreal evidence,probability,myths and extrapolations by scientists to make assertions and try to disprove the bible.I showed you a 'scenario' of how some of these assertions are made.If I'm wrong please show it.I've continually found God's word to be true and without fault even after trial.For you to fully understand it,you need your spirit in tune with God,if not the most simple of sentences in the Word of God will continue to look foolish to you.Have faith in God.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2009
@ow11
hi,since it seems you're overwhelmed by the EVIDENCEs of science,you can simply and constructively show us such evidence.show us how a chromosome will tell us that humans came from subsaharan Africa.show us how without shadow of doubt,'Noah's' flood of some thousand years ago is an impossible joke while a flood of 10million or 26,000yrs ago is just too sure.The problem is that people would rather believe any other thing but the bible.archaeologists and scientists are ready to tell you that some dynasty existed in China thousands of years ago where blood was raining from the sky for days,but find it impossible that Jesus even existed 2000yrs ago.Their conclusions are so faulty and devoid of proof/evidence.Its all majorly probability.A probability it should remain,not an 'evidence' to disprove the bible.
Modern Science has not corroborated ANYTHING written in the bible
I must say here that you're lost.The bible is not subject to science.It is above it.It is supernatural,not natural.The natural does not understand,they're foolishness to him.They professing to be wise became fools.It is such folly that we're against.so that perhaps they may turn and repent.and so that they do not draw other 'weak' believers into the error of the wicked.How can they explain Sarah conceiving,how can they explain Lot's wife becoming a pillar of salt,how can they explain the miracle of global judgement(flood and fire to come),how can they explain Moses' brazen serpent in the wilderness,how can they explain Christ's resurrection.These things are above natural,not subject to science.I've said the truth of how they go about their research and conclusions.You go and verify,or show me that its a lie.I did not bring the bible into a science classroom,they did.They asked and did not believe.Do you believe?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by ow11(m): 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2009
Image123:

I've being busy all day and may so be till next week.About your request for evidence to show that geology attests to global flood,simply pick up a earth science textbook or even check on the internet.Notice however that I said 'they attest to global flood'.even more than one.Every serious geologist believes that the whole world has been covered by water before.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

The earth being deluged by water according to geologists has nothing to do with Noah's flood. The earth was covered with water at the time of its formation and thats that. No global flood is said to occur after living organisms moved from the seas to land.

An Ice age doesnot mean the entire surface of the earth was covered with Ice!!!

Rise and fall of sea levels does not mean a flooding of all land surfaces on earth.

I will not tell you how humans migrated from subsaharan Africa because my knowledge about genetics is limited but it's a lot more than yours if I use the answers you have given on this forum as a yardstick. M_Nwankwo offered to do that and I would suggest you wait till he does.

The statement I made about 'modern science not corroborating anything written in the bible' was to stop you from trying to use geological principles to prove the occurence of the global flood. You are now jumping all over the place and asking me the inane questions that will lead no where.

I will conclude with my advice: The Bible as you rightly pointed out is a book meant to inspire us, it is not a science book and also a book that deals with the supernatural. Interpretations based on the bible should remain what they are, mere interpretations made by men trying to make sense of what they have read. It should NEVER be used as a basis to ridicule science or challenge scientific theories,principles or hypothesis.

Scienctists do not approve any theory because they want to disprove the existence of God or make the bible look like a bunch of lies.They work based on evidence and move from the known to find an unknown. They do not work with a pre-conceived notion on what to expect and try to cut and join their results to arrive at that stated notion. They simply weigh evidence and publish the reports. If an atheist decides to use it to say there in no God, that is his problem. You cannot turn around and say scientists are air heads that talk nonsense just to rubbish the bible. Finally, If you ever feel the need to argue about science, read up a book as this would make you look a little bit believable.

Have you heard about the piltdown man? I would like you to read about it and see how scientists work.

Image123:

@bindex
[s]Every serious geologist believes that the whole world has been covered by water before.The only thing is that they have different opinions concerning it.Trust scientists now,they behave confused about every little thing and may end up confusing the casual observer.Some believe the earth was covered up with water,flowing water.some believe it was ice. It depends on the link you're reading from,each of them give their reasons for their belief.In the textbooks,their differing THEORIES are both listed/defined.Some believe flood happened once while some believe it happens at intervals.They're not agreed on the intervals either.Some believe the Noah's flood was the most recent,some others think the last flood was much earlier.The basic thing is that they all believe that the world was earlier covered up by water(liquid or ice).[/s]

If you wrote this in a geology exam, you will receive a resounding F. There is no mention of any bible character in a science lab.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 1:55am On Jan 16, 2009
Theories,principles and hypothesis.That's all you've got?where are the overwhelming facts and evidences that do not corroborate.m_nwankwo is the one to produce them.You need to do a lot of reading if you're going to be defending these hypotheses.B T W. From where did Cain's Bride and her family originate?don't tell us 'from the big bang' please. Give us answers with facts.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by ow11(m): 8:26am On Jan 16, 2009
Image123:

Theories,principles and hypothesis.That's all you've got?where are the overwhelming facts and evidences that do not corroborate.m_nwankwo is the one to produce them.You need to do a lot of reading if you're going to be defending these hypotheses.B T W. From where did Cain's Bride and her family originate?don't tell us 'from the big bang' please. Give us answers with facts.

What is the definition of a theory?

What is the definition of a hypothesis?

If you truly understand what these things mean, you would realise that these are part and parcel of science. Science doesn't equal atheism and vice versa. Just because an atheist is using scientific theories to postulate that God doesn't exist doesn't mean evolutionary biology or theoritical physics is bullshit.I still stand by what I've said that you can not prove scientifically that anything written in the bible actually happened as it was written yet. Maybe in the future but as at today, NO. Anyone trying to do that is just setting himself up for ridicule.

I do not know where Cain's brides came from outside of what was written in the bible. Since the Bible is silent on where they came from so any thing anyone says whether they were his sisters or they came from another generic 'Adam' is just an interpretation and no one is more correct than the other. Until we find more reasons to prove that one is more plausible, we should just believe what we want. Neither hypothesis has any facts to overwhelmingly prove the other is not plausible.

My reasons for entering this debate was not to convince you that the atheists are right, It was to stop you from making fun of what you do not know and also stop you from making the mistake many christians do. That is using hearsay and speculations from a pastor to argue with proven scientifc theories about how our earth works. The sad thing is you have stubbornly refused to learn anything new. You still use the same generic misconceptions about science to argue that scientific theories regarding how the earth works should be jettisoned for an INTERPRETATION from the bible. Not what was written, but what someone thinks the writer meant or what could have happened immediately after an event that wasn't written in the bible.

PS: No scientist has ever said life started from the big bang! Only evangelical christians do.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ow11
good morning.even if I did not go to science class,at least I have a dictionary.I just took out my Longman's dictionary of contemporary english.It's easy for many to access.Thank you longman.According to Longman,a THEORY is an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain something about life or the world,ESPECIALLY ONE THAT HAS NOT YET BEEN PROVED TO BE TRUE . Hypothesis is an IDEA that is SUGGESTED as a possible way of explaining a situation,proving an idea etc, WHICH HAS NOT YET BEEN SHOWN TO BE TRUE.
Now its possible that you may have more scientific definitions o,but laychildren like us can more easily grasp the meaning of this things from our small dictionary.Like you said,theories,hypothesis and principles are the tools of scientists.You let them work with their tools and stop calling them PROVED FACTS.they are not! Also,I've not called scientists all those names you're calling them like bullshit and airhead. I've only said they should stop LYING to us,claiming facts from suggestions.I'm not 'disproving' their research.What I'm against are conclusions that have no proof.Conclusions like man came from subsahara africa.conclusions like there was no flood during the time of Noah.And don't talk about saving me from ridicule,I JUST spared your blushes about 'piltdown man'.You're on the internet ow11,not in my village.People can easily check up things here so be more careful with your assertions.I believe what the bible told me about Adam and Eve being the first man in our race,and how God told them to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth.so if I find them in any part of the earth's surface,I know immediately that this ones are from Adam,replenishing the earth.I believe the bible as fact,you don't seem to.so you give us your EVIDENCE and proved FACTS and lets see it or just only believe the bible.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by ow11(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2009
Well I can see I will make no head way with you.

Just so you know, the piltdown man was a hoax, I asked you to go and read about it because I suspected you would take it to mean I believe the Piltdown man was real. It was just to show you that no one can come and say bulls in a science room and everyone would accept it without thorough investigation. You were claiming scientists talk what they like and claim is as fact. The Piltdown man was an example of how talking nonsense without facts is not allowed in the field of science.

I wasn't asserting anything, just telling you to go and read about it and improve your knowledge on how scientists work. They are not one to tell stories without facts or baseless extrapolations driven by their own preconceived ideas.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
hi,sorry I've not been available to reply you.I've being busy all day and may so be till next week.About your request for evidence to show that geology attests to global flood,simply pick up a earth science textbook or even check on the internet.Notice however that I said 'they attest to global flood'.even more than one.Every serious geologist believes that the whole world has been covered by water before.The only thing is that they have different opinions concerning it.Trust scientists now,they behave confused about every little thing and may end up confusing the casual observer.Some believe the earth was covered up with water,flowing water.some believe it was ice.

I will take this as  joke. grin grin Must you keep on repeating things that make no sense even to you?

It depends on the link you're reading from,each of them give their reasons for their belief.In the textbooks,their differing THEORIES are both listed/defined.Some believe flood happened once while some believe it happens at intervals.They're not agreed on the intervals either.[b]Some believe the Noah's flood was the most recent,some others think the last flood was much earlier.[/b]The basic thing is that they all believe that the world was earlier covered up by water(liquid or ice).

Can you name one or two scientist that believe Noah's flood happened once or at intervals and is the most recent? Why are you just dropping meaningless and unsubstantiated points? What are you saying? lipsrsealed

Also,I'm not saying scientific explanations are all fairy tale.please,don't get me wrong.I've said it before and I say it again.I appreciate the advance of science,both christian and non-christian scientists.What I'm against is the use of unreal evidence,probability,myths and extrapolations by scientists to make assertions and try to disprove the bible.

Who old you that scientist are trying to disprove the bible? because that the bible says that rainbows first appeared and remains a covenant between the bibleGod and the jews and scientist have shown that not to be the case, does not mean that they were out to disprove the bible? The bible made a false assertion and gave a false explanation for the appearance of the rainbow which scientist studied and their finding disapproved the explanation of the bible. The bible said that there was a global flood, scientist investigated and found no evidence of a global flood, their investigation was not to dissaprove what was written in the bible but to see if there is any evidence to support the biblical assertion.The bible explained the Jacob genetic engineering model in a very outlandish way and scientist have shown that the person that wrote that story does not undertand what ever he was writing about because there is no way such a thing would have been possible to have happened in real life, it can only happen in myths or legends. Let me clear something up. Science doesn't research God, in the positive or negative way and scientist are not trying to disprove God in any way. They deal wth what  they can gather. If the evidence points in a certain direction, they tell the people and show us that the evidence at hand points in that particular direction. That's how it is presented, which shows the previous interpretation was wrong, the scientists try to reason according to the evidence, and tell us about the way their finding attest to things and the way the evidence is pointing. There's is nothing more to it.

I showed you a 'scenario' of how some of these assertions are made.If I'm wrong please show it.[b]I've continually found God's word to be true and without fault even after trial.[/b]For you to fully understand it,you need your spirit in tune with God,if not the most simple of sentences in the Word of God will continue to look foolish to you.Have faith in God.

You have continually found God's word to be true, how? Gods word or men's words? have you ever meet a talking donkey? or have you ever seen a person that turned water into wine? Mohammed divided the moon into two and the whole word saw it, tell me that it never happened.You believe it took the Israelites 40 years to travel from Egypt to Canaan, yet such a journey, even at that time, would have taken no more than a month but you still believe that it is true. You believe that the bibleGod is so powerful and can do anything , he can even perfrom miracles but Judges 1:19 says that God was with the men of Judah in a battle, yet they couldn’t drive out the enemies because the other side was riding upon chariots of iron. grin grin Yet you still believe that he is God who can do all things when the bible clearly shows that he can not even defeat men because they rode on chariots of iron. grin grin If God is with someone, shouldn’t this person be able to do the miracles that every other God-accompanied individual performs?  Herod kills all boys in and around Bethlehem that are two years old and under. Such a massacre would certainly have been noted by contemporary historians. Yet not even Josephus, who documented all of Herod's life in detail, mentioned this event.When Jesus was crucified, there was three hours of complete darkness "over the whole land." It is strange that there is no record of this extraordinary event outside of the gospels. Infact the list is endless so Image 123 you have continually found God's word to be true and without fault even after trial? what is the truth? The bibleGod's inability to defeat the enemies of his people because the other side was riding upon chariots of iron or what? You believe that the koran is false but the bible is right on all its assertion? Prove to me that Prophet Mohmmed did not divide the moon into two for the whole world to see. The Koran said that he did Its now up to you to show me that he did not.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by mnwankwo(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
Image123:

I have in my last post said that I am willing to engage some one with an advanced level of knowledge (a PhD and publications) in molecular biology or allied displines. The reason is that we can understand each other and allow scientific evidence to justify or reject our positions. But your insistence on the genetic evidence for the out of African Model suggests that you are capable of understanding the matter. I do not think so but I will give you the benefit of doubt. That means I will provide the evidence with the necessary citations if you will correctly explain or define the concepts below:

1. Haplotype
2. Basic coalescent Theory
3. Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)
4. non-recombination Y-DNA
5. Haplotype trees
6. Multilocus nested-clade analysis
7. Evolution
8. Phlogenetic trees
9. Multifaurcation
10. Gene Flow
11. Differences between hominin and African ape linages
12. Homo ergaster/erectus, Homo heidelbergenesi, Homo neanderthalensis, Homo sapiens sapiens
13. Telomeric fusion
14. Endogenous retroviruses

The concepts outlined above are indispensible to understanding the genetic evidence for the  out of African model of the origin modern humans (human body) and an explanation of the various concepts by you will assure me that I am not just wasting my time in meaninless disputations.The ball is on your court. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2009
@ m_nwankwo

All Image123 has is belief without evidence and nothing more, he will discard all what you have written here with an off hand comment, don't be suprised if he says they are all a fairy tale.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2009
So a grown learned person still believes Noah's ark existed? angry
Wonderful grin
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

So a grown learned person still believes Noah's ark existed? angry
Wonderful grin

95 percent of Nigerians Christains do while About 70 percent of European Christains do not believe in it for obvious reasons grin grin grin.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 1:00am On Jan 17, 2009
Whoops,I really got mail.
@ow11
just so you know,the piltdown man was a hoax
you should hear yourself mr. So I'm to believe that you intended to trap me,how?by cunning/deceit. Interesting tactic you've got there,but it may not click well with your faith. Anyway the piltdown man lasted for more than 40yrs and had many experts involved.so much for 'how scientists work'
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 1:21am On Jan 17, 2009
@bindex
you'll take science as a joke?you don't know about scientists who hold opposing views about global flood? hmm,study harder.Maybe you're not clear about my scope of who I refer to as scientists.I don't only refer to people who support my views as scientists.I refer to All the science people,whether Newton or Darwin,whether believer or unbeliever.They may be pastors,they may be atheists.I regard them all who are into science and its research methods as scientists.some people,educated,Drs(Ph'D) have belief in global flood.some of them believe in what you call Noah's flood,some believe in something else that they also call global flood.Their beliefs/unbelief are not what move me.their evidence or lack of evidence is not my foundation.the primary reason why I responded to your talk about flood was your discussion with someone else that science had disproven the possibility of a global flood.I then told you that some scientists consider such possibility. Their consideration or possible evidence is not my reason for believing,neither would I build my faith on it no matter how compelling the evidence.because I live by faith,not by sight.That's one statement you're not permitted to understand except you believe.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 1:36am On Jan 17, 2009
@bindex
you don't want to say you've never heard about 'debates' and documentaries that give conclusions that what the bible is saying is wrong.That is what is called 'trying to disprove the bible'.scientists have evidence that there was once a global flood.They may not all believe in anything called Noah but they know that sometime ago,millions or thousands of years ago,water covered the world.
You're listing miracles for science to verify,its a pity you don't believe in miracles.How could science explain money in a fish's mouth,water turned to wine,blind man healed?its not done,its impossible.The natural CANNOT fully comprehend the supernatural.you continue to mention islam. Do you have a problem with them?Take your issues to them and stop complaining to me.I see Judges1v19 is very believable to you,but the records of victories all over the book of course never happened abi? How hypocritical.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 1:43am On Jan 17, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
you'll take science as a joke?you don't know about scientists who hold opposing views about global flood? hmm,study harder.Maybe you're not clear about my scope of who I refer to as scientists.I don't only refer to people who support my views as scientists.I refer to All the science people,whether Newton or Darwin,whether believer or unbeliever.They may be pastors,they may be atheists.I regard them all who are into science and its research methods as scientists.some people,educated,Drs(Ph'D) have belief in global flood.some of them believe in what you call Noah's flood,some believe in something else that they also call global flood.Their beliefs/unbelief are not what move me.their evidence or lack of evidence is not my foundation.the primary reason why I responded to your talk about flood was your discussion with someone else that science had disproven the possibility of a global flood.I then told you that some scientists consider such possibility. Their consideration or possible evidence is not my reason for believing,neither would I build my faith on it no matter how compelling the evidence.because I live by faith,not by sight.That's one statement you're not permitted to understand except you believe.

Why then were you discarding scientific explanation off handedly as fairy tales? owo11 has told you to stick to your beliefs and not disregard other beliefs and call them fairy tales just because they disagree with yours. moslems live by faith alone just like buddist, shirks, taoist, jews etc. Mohammed divided the moon into two halves for the world to see, you can't disprove it can you?  about 1.5 billion people living in the world belief he did, so go ahead and show me how he did'nt.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 1:49am On Jan 17, 2009
@m_nwankwo
Don't mind me o.I was telling ow11 to provide the FACTS that he was continually talking about,but since he wasn't able/willing to produce them,I guessed well maybe He's passing the buck to you,that why I mentioned your name. I asked you to speak with laymen like us on the origin of man,but since its esoteric to you,well.
The concepts you listed are easy to define,anyone can copy and paste,fortunately,that's not my interest. the concepts listed are not beyond me,I just would not like to bore myself with such 'Ph.D knowledge' and details. Lets talk about what my grandmother can understand.The origin of man doesn't need to be that privileged.Tell us how Africa must be where the 1st mans came from.What happens if an older fossil is discovered in europe this afternoon,Is it possible to have a family of 8start our race?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 2:01am On Jan 17, 2009
@chrisbenogor
so you do not believe that Noah's ark existed,too bad.I wouldn't like to derail the thread but can you tell me why you do not believe?
@bindex
have dismissed some scientists conclusions as fairy tale because those conclusions lack evidence.they're mere probabilities and 'educated' guesses.Why should scientists say that a particular chinese dynasty existed at a date far before the chinese believed.yes,they excavated and discovered but they don't know for sure who lived there then.why then conclude assertively.mr,sleep I have to. I'll respond later
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 2:05am On Jan 17, 2009
Image123:

@bindex
you don't want to say you've never heard about 'debates' and documentaries that give conclusions that what the bible is saying is wrong.That is what is called 'trying to disprove the bible'.scientists have evidence that there was once a global flood.They may not all believe in anything called Noah but they know that sometime ago,millions or thousands of years ago,water covered the world.

All I want from you is to tell me the names of the scientist that believe that there was once a global flood after men inhibited the world. Give me two names and stop going around in circles. and show me your evidence that scientist have that there was once a global flood.

You're listing miracles for science to verify,its a pity you don't believe in miracles.How could science explain money in a fish's mouth,water turned to wine,blind man healed?its not done,its impossible.The natural CANNOT fully comprehend the supernatural.you continue to mention islam. Do you have a problem with them?Take your issues to them and stop complaining to me.I see Judges1v19 is very believable to you,but the records of victories all over the book of course never happened abi? How hypocritical.

What has money in a fish mouth got to do with anything, the fish might have eaten the money from somewhere(a man that got drowned or something) that can be very well explained. Apart from ancient stories like the bible, koran, hindu text etc we don't hear about people turning water into wine in todays world or God leading people in wars and helping them in defeating or exterminating their enemies. Do we? Can you show me one blind man that has been healed? one independent and carefully studied and varifaible case, not the ridiculous sham we see on Nigerian TV by pastor Chris, TB Joshua and the rest of them. By the way why do we only hear about miracles like raising the dead and healing the blind only in Africa(Nigeria most especially)? Why dont we hear about such "miracles" in the US or Europe where their media is very powerful and love investigating abnormal things like that? Any pastor that claims to have healed the blind or cured any body of Aids through prayers alone will be exposed for real in those places thats why such miracles of healing the blind or raising the dead never exist in Europe. There was a Nigerian pastor that once 'healed' a girl that was born deaf in Norway, it turned out to be the biggest mistake he had ever made in his entire pastoral career, the norwagien media went after him and exposed him. By the way why can't God heal amputees? Why does God not perform miracles in of raising the dead or healing the blind in places that have a very strong and accountable media? I thought you guys believe that there is nothing that he can not do? Am yet to see any God heal any amputee, if your God can heal the blind and raise the dead etc why cant he heal an amputee? why is it that your God only performs hidden miracles? If miracles were real there would be at least one amputee who would have been healed dont you think so?
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by bindex(m): 2:11am On Jan 17, 2009
Image123:

@chrisbenogor
so you do not believe that Noah's ark existed,too bad.I wouldn't like to derail the thread but can you tell me why you do not believe?
@bindex
have dismissed some scientists conclusions as fairy tale because those conclusions lack evidence.they're mere probabilities and 'educated' guesses.Why should scientists say that a particular chinese dynasty existed at a date far before the chinese believed.yes,they excavated and discovered but they don't know for sure who lived there then.why then conclude assertively.mr,sleep I have to. I'll respond later

Sleep tight man
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by ow11(m): 9:29am On Jan 17, 2009
Image123:

Whoops,I really got mail.
@ow11you should hear yourself mr. So I'm to believe that you intended to trap me,how?by cunning/deceit. Interesting tactic you've got there,but it may not click well with your faith. Anyway the piltdown man lasted for more than 40yrs and had many experts involved.so much for 'how scientists work'

Yeah, The claim was thoroughly investigated and of course some fanatics would take the claim as that was all it is to high heavens. You do realise people still believe the holocaust was a hoax. It took so long because other scientists given the limited technology at the time were searching to see if other finds would corroborate the story brought forward by the cunning scientist. The story was debated upon till the truth came out. It was just to tell you that scientists do not just tell stories like you are writing just to deceive people. If anyone tries to do so, It would be brought put in the spotlight and weighed before being allowed into textbooks.

I did not try to deceive you, I only wanted to see how you approach issues and I have got my answer.

Like I wrote in my penultimate post, It seems you are thoroughly convinced that any scientific finding that doesn't corroborate with your own interpretation and undertsanding of the bible is a fairy tale and not true.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2009
@ow11
scientists are particular about evidence,they shouldn't then finish in belief.They should conclude with evidence or clearly state always that what they're talking about is a learned probability.They should practice what they preach,that's all.To say that man probably came from africa is different from saying that man came from africa.We understand possibility but assertion need proof-backing.
Re: From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2009
@bindex
do you have a list of the names of all the scientists in your room,or you have ability to revoke their license.take am easy o.
About miracles,I've told you that you're incapable of understanding them except of course you become spiritual.If you're never seen a miracle and you're so particular about seeing one,simply go to a crusade with sickpeople,chances are that you'll see one.Or travel down to Asia,meet all this people who swallow swords and hang in the air.Anybody can work miracle this days.I bed to this later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Tragedy Of Stealing By Dr.d.k.olukoya. G.O. MFM Worldwide / Should We Tithe Before Or After Paying Tax? / Preparing For Rapture ( PRAYER COLLECTIONS )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.