Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Top Or Head Gasket - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top Or Head Gasket (1407 Views)

Doubling The Engine Gasket, What's Your Take? / Ops! My Car Now Overheats After Gasket Change! / V6 Freelander And Head Gasket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Or Head Gasket by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
On a travel recently, my car water hose located at the top end of the radiator blew, and the car stalled.
The mechanic that replaced it, said my car top gasket had been affected, but that I need to have water handy and watch the temperature gauge.
The car in question is a Toyota corolla know as cricket, I want to know where the top gasket is located? I am technically inclined, have a complete toolbox, I may try to replace the top gasket by myself.
Re: Top Or Head Gasket by uwemjack(m): 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
Search and download a free repair manual for your car, it will show u a step by step guide on locating and replacing.
cheersl

1 Like

Re: Top Or Head Gasket by DECOtech(m): 12:44am On Jan 23, 2015
indigene:
On a travel recently, my car water hose located at the top end of the radiator blew, and the car stalled.
The mechanic that replaced it, said my car top gasket had been affected, but that I need to have water handy and watch the temperature gauge.
The car in question is a Toyota corolla know as cricket, I want to know where the top gasket is located? I am technically inclined, have a complete toolbox, I may try to replace the top gasket by myself.

If you are technically inclined and have a complete (mechanical I guess)tool box, you would know where to find the top gaskets of the very car you drive.

Unless you are tryn to make us laugh.
Re: Top Or Head Gasket by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:38am On Jan 23, 2015
This is ya head gasket

Location? If you no sabi where e dey no form james bond o! meanwhile why are you so keen on having it replaced? Are you sure it is bad? What are the present symptoms?

You just don't start unsrewing head bolts, there is a sequence to follow when removing the bolts or fitting back. Download a youtube video and watch how it is done. 1 wrong move and you will need some valve replacements.

1 Like

Re: Top Or Head Gasket by Nobody: 4:30am On Jan 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
This is ya head gasket

Location? If you no sabi where e dey no form james bond o! meanwhile why are you so keen on having it replaced? Are you sure it is bad? What are the present symptoms?

You just don't start unsrewing head bolts, there is a sequence to follow when removing the bolts or fitting back. Download a youtube video and watch how it is done. 1 wrong move and you will need some valve replacements.
From what you wrote, I thought the repair might be simply,like plug replacement,or oil change, air filter,these I do.
They sign that lead to the auto mechanic suggestion, was when he replaced the water hose,he asked me to start the car,leaving the radiator unlocked, the water bubbled out, and some tale sign of oil. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

(1) (Reply)

My Camry Of 4yrs / Help I Need Tracker For My Newly Pruchased MAN DIESEL For Logistics / Error Codes From My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.