Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK (9583 Views)

2016: Visa Free Countries With The Nigeria Passport. / Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals / Renewal Of US Passport For Child In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 2:16am On Jan 24, 2015
Hi all,

I need to renew my my Nigeria passport.

I don't want to travel to London to do it.

Is there another way I can do it, I have been getting conflicting advise from frds.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by worry359(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2015
bebe2:
Hi all, I need to renew my my Nigeria passport.
I don't want to travel to London to do it. Is there another way I can do it, I have been getting conflicting advise from frds.

Old passport or new type?
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2015
bebe2:
Hi all,

I need to renew my my Nigeria passport.

I don't want to travel to London to do it.

Is there another way I can do it, I have been getting conflicting advise from frds.

I thought they come for monthly consular surgery in Manchester?
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 10:24am On Jan 24, 2015
justwise:

I thought they come for monthly consular surgery in Manchester?

They do?

Never heard of dat.

The only time they did that was wen they were migrating frim the old passport.

I might have to go to Nigeria house in Manchester to ask them.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2015
worry359:

Old passport or new type?

It's the new type.

Just want it renewed. I wus Ave done it in Nigeria but not sure if they will let me enter naira without renewal.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by worry359(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2015
You can return home (to Nigeria) with the expired passport
BUT!!!
You would need an emergency travel document to pass customs and board the plane in the UK.
So probably just as easy to get passport.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 10:50am On Jan 24, 2015
bebe2:

They do?

Never heard of dat.

The only time they did that was wen they were migrating frim the old passport.

I might have to go to Nigeria house in Manchester to ask them.

I read that somewhere about 5yrs ago, not sure if they have stopped it now.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by worry359(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2015
justwise:

It looks like (on Google) they had riots in 2011 in Manchester with renewals.
No mention now only London
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 10:59am On Jan 24, 2015
worry359:

It looks like (on Google) they had riots in 2011 in Manchester with renewals.
No mention now only London

Yea that happened then and they were considering operating monthly surgery in Manchester and Cardiff
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
justwise:

I think I will have to suck it up and go to London. I only have a month before I travel.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 4:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Bebe2/Justwise, pls were you able to get any info about the Manchester office? Do they handle passport issuance and renewals?

Thnks
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 7:50am On Apr 04, 2015
Kimoni:
Bebe2/Justwise, pls were you able to get any info about the Manchester office? Do they handle passport issuance and renewals?

Thnks

No I haven't heard anything about it again
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 8:48am On Apr 04, 2015
justwise:

No I haven't heard anything about it again

No they don't. I had to go to London.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2015
bebe2:

No they don't. I had to go to London.

Hmmm...mine expired last week and I'm not even ready to face Nigerian embassy in London.

How was your experience?
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 8:54am On Apr 04, 2015
Kimoni:

Thnks

No. Everything is still done in London.

And u get a new passport no more renewal stamp like before.

Wen filling the application on line, just pretend like it's a new application, pay the full fee for a new app.

On ur interview day, u can give them a prepaid envelope, they will post ur old and new passport back to you.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2015
justwise:

Hmmm...mine expired last week and I'm not even ready to face Nigerian embassy in London.

How was your experience?

It wasn't bad. Much improved.

U need apply as if u are applying for new passport.

If u find it difficult to pay, to u can go there with ur card and pay at the embassy. Take a prepaid envelope and a postal order so u won't be going back and forth.

U shud be in and out within 90 mins.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 9:30am On Apr 04, 2015
bebe2:

If u find it difficult to pay, to u can go there with ur card and pay at the embassy. Take a prepaid envelope and a postal order so u won't be going back and forth.

Ok thanks. the last time i was there was in 2010 and got it within 3 weeks, though hectic but things were a bit better than i read online before going.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 9:40am On Apr 04, 2015
justwise:

Ok thanks. the last time i was there was in 2010 and got it within 3 weeks, though hectic but things were a bit better than i read online before going.

U shud get it within 7 days.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 9:43am On Apr 04, 2015
bebe2:

U shud get it within 7 days.

Then that is mega fast...better than going for visa

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 9:45am On Apr 04, 2015
bebe2:

No. Everything is still done in London.

And u get a new passport no more renewal stamp like before.

Wen filling the application on line, just pretend like it's a new application, pay the full fee for a new app.

On ur interview day, u can give them a prepaid envelope, they will post ur old and new passport back to you.

Very detailed, thanks Bebe. I wish their Fallowfield office could handle it though.

thanks Justwise

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 11:38am On May 17, 2015
bebe2:

Were you able to make the payment online or at the embassy? Getting through to the embassy to verify things is almost impossible, my old passport expired 2months ago and i need one for proof of ID as the company that needs it is refusing to accept my visa card and NL number as proof of ID. They have tried calling the embassy for verification but they are not picking. Hard to go for a new one.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 1:49pm On May 17, 2015
justwise:

Were you able to make the payment online or at the embassy? Getting through to the embassy to verify things is almost impossible, my old passport expired 2months ago and i need one for proof of ID as the company that needs it is refusing to accept my visa card and NL number as proof of ID. They have tried calling the embassy for verification but they are not picking. Hard to go for a new one.

I paid online, but it took time, becos the system was extremely slow. At a time I logged out of explorer and had to go use Firefox which was much better.

If its causing so much issue, then go straight to the embassy, but first print out ur details from the site just leave out the payment.

Am sure the will do something if they see u ve come all the way.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 2:06pm On May 17, 2015
bebe2:

I paid online, but it took time, becos the system was extremely slow. At a time I logged out of explorer and had to go use Firefox which was much better.

If its causing so much issue, then go straight to the embassy, but first print out ur details from the site just leave out the payment.

Am sure the will do something if they see u ve come all the way.

Nothing much has changed in that regard then, was the same case 5 years ago.

Did you book appointment or you went without one?

Thanks for your reply though
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 2:19pm On May 17, 2015
justwise:

smiley
once the payment went thru,

The appointment came on the next page ( I think)

But if u can't pay then just go there. At least wen they see u they will look for a solution.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 2:25pm On May 17, 2015
bebe2:

smiley
once the payment went thru,

The appointment came on the next page ( I think)

But if u can't pay then just go there. At least wen they see u they will look for a solution.

Ok thanks.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 12:36am On May 18, 2015
justwise:

I paid online recently but I can't recall it giving me any issues. Maybe I was lucky.

I advise you still try and make the payment online before you go to avoid unnecessary drama and time wastage. Your appointment page comes up after paying and that's the first thing they check before you are allowed into the building.

It's better you go early and finish early cuz the system was consistently having network issues when I went so those that didn't come early would have had to come back the following day.

Bebe2, many thanks for the tip on using the registered envelope. It saved me the stress of traveling down 10 days after for collection.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 7:08am On May 18, 2015
Kimoni:

I paid online recently but I can't recall it giving me any issues. Maybe I was lucky.

I advise you still try and make the payment online before you go to avoid unnecessary drama and time wastage. Your appointment page comes up after paying and that's the first thing they check before you are allowed into the building.

It's better you go early and finish early cuz the system was consistently having network issues when I went so those that didn't come early would have had to come back the following day.

Bebe2, many thanks for the tip on using the registered envelope. It saved me the stress of traveling down 10 days after for collection.

Yea I fear that , they turned people away the first time I went there, people who traveled as far as Scotland without booking appointment.

Thanks though, will work on it this week.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 9:17am On May 18, 2015
justwise:

Yea I fear that , they turned people away the first time I went there, people who traveled as far as Scotland without booking appointment.

Thanks though, will work on it this week.

Better still, keep trying the online payment.

U can even call them up, think d company is in ame4ica
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 10:31am On May 18, 2015
bebe2:

Better still, keep trying the online payment.

U can even call them up, think d company is in ame4ica

I will get that done 2moro and see if i will get appointment date within this month.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by ahEluan(f): 12:00pm On May 18, 2015
Hi. Pls I'm a corps member serving in plateau (jos). I need an international passport urgently. Can sm1 help me out?
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Ibadangirl1: 7:01pm On May 18, 2015
Hi, please do I need to choose an appointment date myself or it is automatically given to me. and also I am having troubles retrieving my completed e-passport application form. I cant find it anywhere and I heard it is one of the requirements.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 7:07pm On May 18, 2015
Ibadangirl1:
Hi, please do I need to choose an appointment date myself or it is automatically given to me. and also I am having troubles retrieving my completed e-passport application form. I cant find it anywhere and I heard it is one of the requirements.

You choose a date yourself after making the online payment.

Go back to your home page, there is a place somewhere there where you can print your form. I had to do a bit of searching too because it's not conspicuous but it's definitely there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

64 Injured In Kano Tanker Explosion / Any ZOO In Lagos? / Student With Family Journey To The UK ( All Prcocesses Updates )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.