Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK (9903 Views)

2016: Visa Free Countries With The Nigeria Passport. / Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals / Renewal Of US Passport For Child In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 11:33am On May 19, 2015
Kimoni:

I paid online recently but I can't recall it giving me any issues. Maybe I was lucky.

I advise you still try and make the payment online before you go to avoid unnecessary drama and time wastage. Your appointment page comes up after paying and that's the first thing they check before you are allowed into the building.

It's better you go early and finish early cuz the system was consistently having network issues when I went so those that didn't come early would have had to come back the following day.

Bebe2, many thanks for the tip on using the registered envelope. It saved me the stress of traveling down 10 days after for collection.

bebe2:

Better still, keep trying the online payment.
U can even call them up, think d company is in ame4ica

I got the payment done, actually pretty quick without any problem and got June appointment date.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Ibadangirl1: 12:04pm On May 19, 2015
Thank you soo much. really appreciate smiley
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Ibadangirl1: 12:07pm On May 19, 2015
Im so sorry, but please where is my homepage. *covers face*
Kimoni:

You choose a date yourself after making the online payment.

Go back to your home page, there is a place somewhere there where you can print your form. I had to do a bit of searching too because it's not conspicuous but it's definitely there.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 12:21pm On May 19, 2015
justwise:

I got the payment done, actually pretty quick without any problem and got June appointment date.

smiley Saves you lots of trouble in their office...
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 12:25pm On May 19, 2015
Ibadangirl1:
Im so sorry, but please where is my homepage. *covers face*

When you log out and log in, the first page that appears showing you the first page of your form is your home page. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact place where the print icon is, the picture is getting blurred in my head already.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 12:25pm On May 19, 2015
Kimoni:

Honestly grin
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 1:04pm On May 19, 2015
justwise:

Ahhh congrats.
Am sure the system has improved since the last time I used it
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 2:53pm On May 19, 2015
bebe2:

Ahhh congrats.

It has, massively i must say.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Ibadangirl1: 4:31pm On May 19, 2015
Thank you so much. Have found it.
Kimoni:

When you log out and log in, the first page that appears showing you the first page of your form is your home page. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact place where the print icon is, the picture is getting blurred in my head already.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kimoni:

bebe2:

Ahhh congrats.

Got the passport 2 days ago. Applied on 28th of May.

Thanks for your hints
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
justwise:

Got the passport 2 days ago. Applied on 28th of May.

Thanks for your hints

Finally!!!! Congratulations

See you in 5 yrs wink smiley
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
Kimoni:

Finally!!!! Congratulations

See you in 5 yrs wink smiley

Lol really see you in 5 yrs grin grin

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Rubyventures: 10:49am On Jun 30, 2015
Hello every one, I just paid for my passport online and was given an interview date which is not convenient for me, I tried to reschedule it but it keeps coming up with that same date. Is there any way around this? Can I just show up at the central London embassy? Please help?
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
Rubyventures:
Hello every one, I just paid for my passport online and was given an interview date which is not convenient for me, I tried to reschedule it but it keeps coming up with that same date. Is there any way around this? Can I just show up at the central London embassy? Please help?

You should be able to reschedule the date if the system is not having issues.

From what they advised me, you can come anytime after your given date and would be allowed in but not before else, it would just be a waste of time.

If it's after your scheduled date, just tell them your docs were not fully ready so there was no point coming.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Rubyventures: 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
Kimoni:

You should be able to reschedule the date if the system is not having issues.

From what they advised me, you can come anytime after your given date and would be allowed in but not before else, it would just be a waste of time.

If it's after your scheduled date, just tell them your docs were not fully ready so there was no point coming.

I would prefer to go before but I do not need the stress so I will just have to find a way to go on the day. Thanks anyway.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by frag(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me.

Do you have to present your old expired passport to the high commission in London before they will process your new passport? My old Nigeria passport expired since 2008 and the worse is I cant find it anymore but I have a scanned image which I could present.

Any advise will be appreciated guys.

Thanks
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Kimoni: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
frag:
Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me.

Do you have to present your old expired passport to the high commission in London before they will process your new passport? My old Nigeria passport expired since 2008 and the worse is I cant find it anymore but I have a scanned image which I could present.

Any advise will be appreciated guys.

Thanks

I can't remeber this part but you can go through their website. The instructions there are quite detailed, but if you are still not clear, give them a call though they hardly pick.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by frag(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
Kimoni:

I can't remeber this part but you can go through their website. The instructions there are quite detailed, but if you are still not clear, give them a call though they hardly pick.

Thanks Kimoni
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by DisGuy: 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hi All,

I noticed no one mentioned '£20 postal order' like it's written on their website, has this been abolished?

passport expired 2 weeks ago
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2016
DisGuy:
Hi All,

I noticed no one mentioned '£20 postal order' like it's written on their website, has this been abolished?

passport expried 2 weeks ago

I pretty much doubt that.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Ralphlauren(m): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
DisGuy:
Hi All,

passport expried 2 weeks ago

Postal order is a must.

Without it, you will not be allowed to enter.

Their services have improved though. I was done in 3 hours. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by DisGuy: 11:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
Thanks guys,

booked online today; got end of month interview, hopefully it will be out sharpish need to travel early April shocked
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Ralphlauren(m): 1:42am On Mar 05, 2016
Passport's ready in a week.

Go along with a self address SD paid envelope if you live outside london and your passport will be posted to you.

Don't waste your time getting there 8am or 9am and queuing outside. Take your time and get there between 10-11am.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by londoner: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2016
DisGuy:
Hi All,

passport expired 2 weeks ago

You must take the £20 postal order. I advise that you look on the website as it lists what you must bring. Don't simply rely on Nairaland because the high commission gives very clear instructions on their site.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by londoner: 9:36am On Mar 05, 2016
DisGuy:
Thanks guys,

booked online today; got end of month interview, hopefully it will be out sharpish need to travel early April shocked

If you've booked your ticket take it with you so that you get a date to collect on time. Even though I applied and paid (6 weeks in advance)and had my renewal slot/ interview before travel ten days before they offered me my passport pick up date after my flight date so I showed them my ticket and VERY HUMBLY asked if I could have and earlier pick up date. They may start shouting at you but DO NOT get rude or shout back as they may refuse to help you. They changed my pickup date to the day before I was due to fly. I really think they have improved compared to other times I have used their services. There is still more to improve but I noticed a definite step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by DisGuy: 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2016
londoner:

If you've booked your ticket take it with you so that you get a date to collect on time. Even though I applied and paid (6 weeks in advance)and had my renewal slot/ interview before travel ten days before they offered me my passport pick up date after my flight date so I showed them my ticket and VERY HUMBLY asked if I could have and earlier pick up date. They may start shouting at you but DO NOT get rude or shout back as they may refuse to help you. They changed my pickup date to the day before I was due to fly. I really think they have improved compared to other times I have used their services. There is still more to improve but I noticed a definite step in the right direction.

Wow many thanks, was just thinking of submitting a pre-paid self addressed envelop on the date as bebe2 suggested thinking I should get it within days
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
DisGuy:

Wow many thanks, was just thinking of submitting a pre-paid self addressed envelop on the date as bebe2 suggested thinking I should get it within days

U will.

We were in London on the 23rd of February to process passport for my husband and our kids. We left them the prepaid envelope. It's the 5th today, still not received it.

Hoping to get it next week so we can buy our flight ticket early.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
DisGuy:

I did that and got mine within 3weeks.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by DisGuy: 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
cool
justwise:

Chei, got 31st appointment need to travel by 13th April
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by Ralphlauren(m): 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
DisGuy:
cool

Chei, got 31st appointment need to travel by 13th April

Got mine last month in 8days. Weekend inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by bebe2(f): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
justwise:

ahhh i cant wait 3weeks ooo

we need to buy ticket early and need the passport number to
be able to do dat.
Re: Renewal Of Nigeria Passport , UK by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
bebe2:

ahhh i cant wait 3weeks ooo

we need to buy ticket early and need the passport number to
be able to do dat.

If you got it for earlier than 3 weeks then you are lucky or things have changed there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Nigeria Suspends Operations And Sacks Workers / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Closed For 3 Days, From January 30 - February 1 / Lagos Ministry Of Environment Responds To Complaints About Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.