Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment (3556 Views)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 5:56am On Jan 24, 2015
An Ikorodu Customary Court has today, Friday 23 January, dissolved an 8-month-old marriage over the constant harassment from the husband’s mother-in-law.

Following constant harassment of Mr. John Obah, 37, by his mother in-law, the Customary Court dissolved his eight-month-old marriage to Gift, 21.

John Obah, a trader, had approached the court asking to divorce his wife over allegations that his mother in-law always came with dangerous weapons to fight him each time they had misunderstanding. He also told the court that his wife did not sleep at home regularly as a house wife.

He said, “My wife often goes to her parents’ house and stay overnight for three times in a week. Anytime I have a misunderstanding with my wife, my mother in-law usually comes to fight me with dangerous weapons. I will be physically abused and my clothes torn by both of them; my mother in-law usually curses me that I will die like a fowl. Upon the incessant threat from my mother in-law, I changed the padlock to the house but they still came to burgle it. Anytime she demands for money and I don’t give it to her, her mother will come to insult me. Although our disputes were later settled by my father in-law but I don’t think I can cope with their continuous troublemaking.”

The estranged wife, and a mother of one, said her husband battered her so much that she usually runs to her parents’ house for safety.

She said, “He doesn’t even respect my parents and he has not been taking good care of me. I am no more interested in the marriage; I want to go back to school.”

The court’s President, Mr. Olu Adebiyi, in his judgment, granted the couple divorce and warned them to refrain from harassing and molesting each other.

He also said the petitioner should pay N5, 000 to the respondent for the monthly upkeep of their only six-month child and that the child should be in the custody of the mother. He also ordered the mother in-law to steer clear of the petitioner’s ways.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/01/23/lagos-court-dissolves-8-months-old-marriage-over-mother-in-laws-constant-harassment/
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 6:02am On Jan 24, 2015
Just eight months old marriage and they are back to the courts for seperation

What did this two individual see in each other that made them to sign the dotted lines.......

And
When is interference from the in-laws become negative?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by qualified(f): 6:13am On Jan 24, 2015
The girl's family married out her quite too early. I guess she wasn't matured in mind yet when she got married. Now she is divorced at 21!
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by TreQuartista: 6:18am On Jan 24, 2015
Iran'kiran leleyi o!

Husband beat wife, wife mama vex carry weapon to treat husband fückup. Twisted fückery!

The stupid jamoke of a mother did not only raise an equally brainless schmuck of a daughter but also contributed in no small measure to the destruction of her marriage. Iya pau!

Shey e never reach make men too dey pray make dian wife mama kpeme before dem marry so? Abi who wan marry dis kain omo iya aje?

But N5,000/month for child support? Seriously? That's just ridiculous.

From all indications, these useless crötch-stains have only succeeded in conspiring to birth a child simply to suffer. Awon eleribu!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by adorablepepple(f): 6:19am On Jan 24, 2015
wonders shall never end!
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by pickabeau1: 6:20am On Jan 24, 2015
But the girl says the MaN beats her
dre11:
Just eight months old marriage and they are back to the courts for seperation

What did this two individual see in each other that made them to sign the dotted lines.......

And
When is interference from the in-laws become negative?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Chaleeee: 6:20am On Jan 24, 2015
qualified:
The girl's family married out her quite too early. I guess she wasn't matured in mind yet when she got married. Now she is divorced at 21!

She obviously got pregnant. The marriage is 8 months old but they have a 6 months old baby. Parents shd learn to steer clear of their children's marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by yemmit90: 8:05am On Jan 24, 2015
The foundation of their union is faulty.

The age gap between them is just too much.

The girl is immature and lack basic home training to understand the concepts of marriage.

The girl is not ready for marriage

The husband might be too dominant and rigid.

The husband lack respect towards her family.

The husband is not take good care of her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Babe2sure(f): 8:19am On Jan 24, 2015
qualified:

Later in life, when asked what her greatest regret is? She will say, 'marrying too young'. (Baby wife palaver).

Her mother's interference does not help matters.

And the husband disrespecting the wife's family is wrong.

All these combined to make their differences irreconcilable.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 9:16am On Jan 24, 2015
pickabeau1:
But the girl says the MaN beats her

Don't you think the beating must have started before they did get married

So, the lady did know that the man is capable of beating her....... Yet she had to get pregnant for him before they had the martial vows
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by pickabeau1: 9:23am On Jan 24, 2015
dre11:

Don't you think the beating must have started before they did get married

So, the lady did know that the man is capable of beating her....... Yet she had to get pregnant for him before they had the martial vows

He may have pretended

We don't know when beating started

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 9:23am On Jan 24, 2015
qualified:

Being matured is not a matter of age or size

But, I have this feeling that she was being materialistic for her to have fall for the guy

Because she would have seen the pointers but ignore them because she wants to satisfy her thirst and greed
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
pickabeau1:

He may have pretended

We don't know when beating started

Pretence is the game
But,

Is it possible to pretend all thought the relationship before u walk down the alter
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by pickabeau1: 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
dre11:

Pretence is the game
But,

Is it possible to pretend all thought the relationship before u walk down the alter

Some do it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
pickabeau1:

Some do it

Am guessing the lady wasn't observant

There is no way he won't be off guard for a day
Maybe she just look the other way saying its might be a mistake........

Because someone that just turned 180 degree all of sudden in marriage must have give her the vibe but she never picked it
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by pickabeau1: 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
dre11:

Am guessing the lady wasn't observant

There is no way he won't be off guard for a day
Maybe she just look the other way saying its might be a mistake........

Because someone that just turned 180 degree all of sudden in marriage must have give her the vibe but she never picked it

That's a possibility
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by khiaa(f): 3:26am On Jan 25, 2015
Babe2sure:

Later in life, when asked what her greatest regret is? She will say, 'marrying too young'. (Baby wife palaver).

And remember HE BEAT HER OFTEN.
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by cococandy(f): 5:06am On Jan 25, 2015
The mother was protecting her child.

You beat my daughter, I beat you too if she can't beat you back herself.

Kini big deal.

Babe2sure:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by cococandy(f): 5:08am On Jan 25, 2015
The divorce is their best option before one of them beat the other to death.

5000naira for child support? Until when? Is that supposed to be pampers or baby formula money abi school fees?

Funny ruling

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Islie: 6:58am On Jan 25, 2015
yemmit90:
The foundation of their union is faulty.

The age gap between them is just too much.

The girl is immature and lack basic home training to understand the concepts of marriage.

The girl is not ready for marriage

The husband might be too dominant and rigid.

The husband lack respect towards her family.

The husband is not take good care of her.

you have just highlighted the possible faults one could see in the relationship

I think both the man and the woman aren't ready for the relationship but was forced on them because of the pregnancy the lady had.

there was never any love btw the two

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by qualified(f): 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
dre11:

Being matured is not a matter of age or size

But, I have this feeling that she was being materialistic for her to have fall for the guy

Because she would have seen the pointers but ignore them because she wants to satisfy her thirst and greed

I disagree with u on both points. Age is very important in maturity especially when marriage is involved. Divorced at 21? Meaning the marriage/ relationship started at about 19! How do u expect a teenager or someone that young to recognize those signs or pointers?

Saying " she wants to satisfy her thirst and greed?
Hmm, are u the woman-beater in question? Because that statement is just too judgmental for the poor girl!

And don't forget, research has it that most woman-beaters are poor and frustrated, so there may not be wealth involved.
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by 2CatWoman: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
The couple had been married for 8 months and yet they have a 6 month old child. The girls parents must have forced the guy to marry her when she got pregnant. These kind of marriages usually don't work out coz there was never any love between the couple.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by LordReed(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
The man impregnated the woman before marriage which forced the parents to marry off the girl. There is obviously no respect in this home. People should learn not to marry anyhow abeg.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
qualified:

I disagree with u on both points. Age is very important in maturity especially when marriage is involved. Divorced at 21? Meaning the marriage/ relationship started at about 19! How do u expect a teenager or someone that young to recognize those signs or pointers?

Saying " she wants to satisfy her thirst and greed?
Hmm, are u the woman-beater in question? Because that statement is just too judgmental for the poor girl!

And don't forget, research has it that most woman-beaters are poor and frustrated, so there may not be wealth involved.

Hum
Omotala married at the age of 18years and she still keeps her marriage till now
I know a lot of ladies that married at 19 and 20 and still use wisdom to keep their home because they are matured in that aspect

Also, I know of ladies that married at 30 and their homes aren't no more

When u talk about maturity..... Age plays little part on it but its you, experience, upbringing, information and capacity to develop faster in all hemisphere.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by qualified(f): 8:58am On Jan 26, 2015
dre11:

Hum
Omotala married at the age of 18years and she still keeps her marriage till now
I know a lot of ladies that married at 19 and 20 and still use wisdom to keep their home because they are matured in that aspect

Also, I know of ladies that married at 30 and their homes aren't no more

When u talk about maturity..... Age plays little part on it but its you, experience, upbringing, information and capacity to develop faster in all hemisphere.

Pls don't use what happened in the 19th and 20th centuries to judge this 21st century. They are not the same, no matter how u deny it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
qualified:

Pls don't use what happened in the 19th and 20th centuries to judge this 21st century. They are not the same, no matter how u deny it.

If you said so......
What happened to the notion of jet
An age where we develop faster and wants things done quicker

This 21st century you talking about........ Have seen teens ladies act so maturely than 28 or 30 yes old girl
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by JEITO: 11:05am On Jan 26, 2015
37-21, the age cap is way too much na
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Islie: 11:45am On Jan 26, 2015
JEITO:
37-21, the age cap is way too much na

on the face it much

that's why I keep asking myself what will a young vibrant girl be looking for in the hands of a 60yrs old man
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Vyolet(f): 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Your pikin carry belle,you push her go the man house,what do you expect from such relationship?

Mtchew,rubbish.
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Babe2sure(f): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
cococandy:
The mother was protecting her child.

You beat my daughter, I beat you too if she can't beat you back herself.

Kini big deal.

Oops! I had to go back and read again. It was an oversight, I did not notice where 'he battered her so much she had to run for safety'

Yeah, beatings should not be tolerated, it is enough recipe for divorce. At least, not until he beat her to death.

Divorce is their best option. It is obvious the love between them has flown out of the window.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by raumdeuter: 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
The husband and the mother in law go be agemates

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Yoruba Men Are Dumping Yoruba Women !!! / 10mins Daily Devotional For Your Family. / I Am Having Second Thoughts Concerning My Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.