Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,266 members, 7,957,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:55 PM

Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment (3666 Views)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
dre11:

Hum
Omotala married at the age of 18years and she still keeps her marriage till now
I know a lot of ladies that married at 19 and 20 and still use wisdom to keep their home because they are matured in that aspect

Also, I know of ladies that married at 30 and their homes aren't no more

When u talk about maturity..... Age plays little part on it but its you, experience, upbringing, information and capacity to develop faster in all hemisphere.

Can you compare Omo T's hubby to the man in the OP?

From the OP, I gather that the girl was married off to the man because she got pregnant. I still do not understand the concept of marrying off a lady because she got pregnant but again a lady/guy should not date someone she cannot marry. It is a very terrible cycle.

@MIL interfering: if it is because of the beatings, I support 100%; a man beats up my daughter, he might get locked up undecided

That said, the marriage might have succeeded sha angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Islie: 6:59am On Jan 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
The husband and the mother in law go be agemates

wow....

you mean that she gave birth to her at almost thesame age her daughter too was pregnant
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Islie: 7:04am On Jan 29, 2015
Babe2sure:

Oops! I had to go back and read again. It was an oversight, I did not notice where 'he battered her so much she had to run for safety'

Yeah, beatings should not be tolerated, it is enough recipe for divorce. At least, not until he beat her to death.

Divorce is their best option. It is obvious the love between them has flown out of the window.

from the posting...... there was ni iota of love from both parties
its just a matter of FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS
it went sore because the girl was pregnant and they had to do some arrange wedding for both of them.

so, from the onset there wasn't love so the guy just treated her the way he felt and the mother only interfere because they were the ones that married her up because of the pregnant issue
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by SAMBARRY: 11:50am On Jan 29, 2015
cococandy:
The divorce is their best option before one of them beat the other to death.

5000naira for child support? Until when? Is that supposed to be pampers or baby formula money abi school fees?

Funny ruling
5,000 naira cannot even do a decent lace wig talk less of taking care of the baby
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by SAMBARRY: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2015
If the girl is good enough for sek then she should be good enough for his wife material whether na 1yard or 50 yards. If he doesn't marry her who will marry her AND ACCEPT THE CHILD TOO IN THIS DAY AND AGE so I don't see anything wrong. If not if he knew he wasn't going to marry her why was he sleeping with her

number 2. The mother didn't need to use violence except of course the man has shown violence against his mother in law because it is in this same Nigeria where we hear of men beating their wives and mother inlaw be that as it may she did the right thing in the wrong way that was why the marriage packed up.
bukatyne:

From the OP, I gather that the girl was married off to the man because she got pregnant. I still do not understand the concept of marrying off a lady because she got pregnant but again a lady/guy should not date someone she cannot marry. It is a very terrible cycle.

@MIL interfering: if it is because of the beatings, I support 100%; a man beats up my daughter, he might get locked up undecided

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Babe2sure(f): 11:59am On Jan 29, 2015
Islie:

from the posting...... there was ni iota of love from both parties
its just a matter of FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS
it went sore because the girl was pregnant and they had to do some arrange wedding for both of them.

so, from the onset there wasn't love so the guy just treated her the way he felt and the mother only interfere because they were the ones that married her up because of the pregnant issue

You can say that again!
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by cococandy(f): 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
SAMBARRY:
5,000 naira cannot even do a decent lace wig talk less of taking care of the baby
dont mind them angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
bukatyne:

That's one mentality we do have
We don't want the girl.to disgrace the family so we have to marry her to the one that owns the pregnancy.....
Its our culture and cultural stuffs

I don't support the mother using violence
She could have called her daughter and speak some sense to her and it will be her daughter decision to leave the house.

Because a man that beats your daughter might also beat her join..... God knows if the hospital will be able to revive her after such beatings
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Babe2sure:

You can say that again!

So you do agree with his points
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Islie: 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Babe2sure:

You can say that again!

we are on this page then

dre11:

So you do agree with his points

are you jealous of ittongue
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Islie: 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
SAMBARRY:

I can't understand the ration behind the 5000 naira amount to take care of the baby and lady......

just the baby food alone would have swallow up the amount

our judges need to be in touch with realities
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Solozzo(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2015
qualified:

I disagree with u on both points. Age is very important in maturity especially when marriage is involved. Divorced at 21? Meaning the marriage/ relationship started at about 19! How do u expect a teenager or someone that young to recognize those signs or pointers?

Saying " she wants to satisfy her thirst and greed?
Hmm, are u the woman-beater in question? Because that statement is just too judgmental for the poor girl!

And don't forget, research has it that most woman-beaters are poor and frustrated, so there may not be wealth involved.

Absolutely correct!
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Solozzo(m): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2015
Islie:

I can't understand the ration behind the 5000 naira amount to take care of the baby and lady......

just the baby food alone would have swallow up the amount

our judges need to be in touch with realities

Judge was reasonable in his decision.

The couple is in the low socioeconomic group. The man's take -home pay maybe about N12,000 per month, the lady and her family is expected to support care of the baby too.
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 9:39am On Jan 30, 2015
Vyolet:
Your pikin carry belle,you push her go the man house,what do you expect from such relationship?

Mtchew,rubbish.

Why the man give am belly when he is not ready to be responsible......

The truth is that
That man is purely irresponsible and at his age...... I give up
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by dre11(m): 9:41am On Jan 30, 2015
Solozzo:

The couple is in the low socioeconomic group. The man's take -home pay maybe about N12,000 per month, the lady and her family is expected to support care of the baby too.

We were only told that the man his a trader..... and I know countless traders that have very sustainable business and earnings is more than a government worker
So don't peg his income in that range because I believe he would be eating more than that

John Obah, a trader, had approached the court asking to divorce his wife over allegations that his mother in-law always came with dangerous weapons to fight him each time they had misunderstanding.
Re: Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment by Islie: 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
Solozzo:

I don't support your line of thought because he is a trader and not a salary earner you did paint him to be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fear Of Having A House Help / 7 Amazing Things Sanitary Pads Are Used For.(PIC) / World’s Tallest Couple Recognized By Guinness World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.