Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. (2139 Views)

See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic / What IBB Wore To Council Of States Meeting / What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by notoriousbabe: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
WHAT IBB TOLD GEJ WHEN THE LATTER VISITED THE FORMER.

"The President came here to ask for my support. I had only 15minutes prior notice before his arrival. When he came, I took him to my bedroom and had a chat with him. When he left his people said I have endorsed him. What am I supposed to do, deny it? No. For me, that is not a problem because I am a leader and what I say or don't say will give mileage to any party.

When he came here I told him that he made two political mistakes: first was to lose Rotimi, the Governor of Rivers State. When the crisis was going on, Governor Rotimi was here to pay me a visit. I confronted him and he spoke to me very honestly. Despite the problems, he was not ready to leave the PDP then. Gen. Obasanjo, myself and a few others intervened in the matter as leaders of the party but the president did not foresee the current situation and didn't take our advice seriously. Rotimi is one young man I like so much for his honesty. He is very bold and alway committed to his conviction.

I told president Jonathan that the second mistake he made was to call Obasanjo a motor pact taut. What an insult. That was wrong and the beginning of his problems. How many times had he seen Obasanjo insult Gowon. I told him that supporting him would mean to endorse the insult on Gen Obasanjo. I won't.

I advised him to go make peace with Governor Rotimi and Gen. Obasnjo. I told him it is almost getting late. I said to him, you must visit Obasanjo to apologize to him. I don't think that the outcome was favourable because it was already late.

A lot of persons have been calling me to raise concern that the President would use the Military to rig the election and I say to them that it is not likely. There is esprit d'coup. Most of the soldiers you see today are boys to our boys. President Jonathan has no option than to allow the election hold and to declare the winner. I advised him on this. Several other persons, both local and international, have also advised him on the consequences of using soldiers to influence the election. I am sure, he won't."
....IBB

3 Likes

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
If you believe IBB said this you will believe anything

show us the video

1 Like

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by notoriousbabe: 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
mikeansy:

If you believe IBB said this you will believe anything

show us the video

"The President came here to ask for my support. I had only 15minutes prior notice before his arrival. When he came, I took him to my bedroom and had a chat with him. When he left his people said I have endorsed him. What am I supposed to do, deny it? No. For me, that is not a problem because I am a leader and what I say or don't say will give mileage to any party.

When he came here I told him that he made two political mistakes: first was to lose Rotimi, the Governor of Rivers State. When the crisis was going on, Governor Rotimi was here to pay me a visit. I confronted him and he spoke to me very honestly. Despite the problems, he was not ready to leave the PDP then. Gen. Obasanjo, myself and a few others intervened in the matter as leaders of the party but the president did not foresee the current situation and didn't take our advice seriously. Rotimi is one young man I like so much for his honesty. He is very bold and alway committed to his conviction.

I told president Jonathan that the second mistake he made was to call Obasanjo a motor pact taut. What an insult. That was wrong and the beginning of his problems. How many times had he seen Obasanjo insult Gowon. I told him that supporting him would mean to endorse the insult on Gen Obasanjo. I won't.

I advised him to go make peace with Governor Rotimi and Gen. Obasnjo. I told him it is almost getting late. I said to him, you must visit Obasanjo to apologize to him. I don't think that the outcome was favourable because it was already late.

A lot of persons have been calling me to raise concern that the President would use the Military to rig the election and I say to them that it is not likely. There is esprit d'coup. Most of the soldiers you see today are boys to our boys. President Jonathan has no option than to allow the election hold and to declare the winner. I advised him on this. Several other persons, both local and international, have also advised him on the consequences of using soldiers to influence the election. I am sure, he won't."
....IBB

3 Likes

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by Adminisher: 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
Jonathan is not an intelligent human being. He is President and all glory will always be to God almighty for that. I think there is tragedy of mentality and tragedy of temperament that this man is struggling against. I also think the man is a damaged President. He is likely to lose the election by a wide margin but even if he wins he is going to be the weakest floxxy ever occupied Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
I don't even need IBB to tell me that those are just two of these amateur mistakes he made.....

Ameachi would have been more of political asset than all the PDP Governors combined....it's more politically wise to have such self opinionated person like Ameachi on your side...the whole SS would have been in the bag now.

Mismanaging the relationship with OBJ with the encouragements of some political opportunists around the President is equally a show of amateur politicking..the President got everything wrong with the way he managed OBJ....sacrificing Kashamu to have OBJ on your side would have cost him far less.

3 Likes

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by wirinet(m): 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
notoriousbabe:

....IBB

I dont know about the calling obasanjo a tout issue, but to me the biggest mistake Jonathan did was losing Amaechi. Amaechi would have been the bridge between the SS and SE, he was the most experience politician of the governors, he is bold and stubborn. He even fought with OBJ and won. But the president instead decided to trust Akpabio and Wike. If Amaechi was still with Jonathan, things would have been pretty difficult for APC. One Amaechi equals ten Akpabios and Wike added together.

Buhari saw the importance of Amaechi, that was why he quickly appointed him the director of his campaign organization.

If you check my comments when the feud started, i did not believe Jonathan would let Amaechi go. IBB is very right in this regard.

2 Likes

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
Nigeria is at war and I have not seen anything Gusau has done to win the fight against Boko Haram

Instead he grants an interview to get involved in the debate surrounding Buhari's certificate

Gusau should resign with immediate effect!

1 Like

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by obi4eze(m): 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
Jonathan will surely become irrelevant after FeBuhari 14.
He has paved the way for his vacation of Aso Rock and we want him out.

#changeishere
#buhariosinbajo

2 Likes

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by benuejosh: 9:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
how true is it that IBB said this?. GMB all the way tho.
Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by donphilopus: 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
I swear, I'm with IBB on this. Unfortunately, the Nairaland Chapter of the PDPians who are probably mere vuvuzelas don't know the usefulness of Amaechi. Sometimes, I laugh when I see them equate him to Fayose. Fayose can never match Amaechi's Political sagacity. He delivered at least 2.2million Votes to Jonathan in 2011 and I'm very certain that without him, Jonathan and Wike can barely garner 1.2 of Rivers Votes come next Month!

3 Likes

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
donphilopus:
I swear, I'm with IBB on this. Unfortunately, the Nairaland Chapter of the PDPians who are probably mere vuvuzelas don't know the usefulness of Amaechi. Sometimes, I laugh when I see them equate him to Fayose. Fayose can never match Amaechi's Political sagacity. He delivered at least 2.2million Votes to Jonathan in 2011 and I'm very certain that without him, Jonathan and Wike can barely garner 1.2 of Rivers Votes come next Month!

so u believe Buhari will defeat Jonathan in River State?

1 Like

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by donphilopus: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
mikeansy:

so u believe Buhari will defeat Jonathan in River State?

I haven't said so. However, I'm very certain that Jonathan's votes in Rivers would drastically reduce. His 2011's 2.1million votes may reduce to 1.2million votes come FeBuhari.

1 Like

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
wirinet:

I dont know about the calling obasanjo a tout issue, but to me the biggest mistake Jonathan did was losing Amaechi. Amaechi would have been the bridge between the SS and SE, he was the most experience politician of the governors, he is bold and stubborn. He even fought with OBJ and won. But the president instead decided to trust Akpabio and Wike. If Amaechi was still with Jonathan, things would have been pretty difficult for APC. One Amaechi equals ten Akpabios and Wike added together.

Buhari saw the importance of Amaechi, that was why he quickly appointed him the director of his campaign organization.

If you check my comments when the feud started, i did not believe Jonathan would let Amaechi go. IBB is very right in this regard.
My very exact thoughts losing amaechi would go down in history as his biggest mistake. Some people you keep at all costs when your political interests align. Eg us and Saudi Arabia

1 Like

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
donphilopus:

I haven't said so. However, I'm very certain that Jonathan's votes in Rivers would drastically reduce. His 2011's 2.1million votes may reduce to 1.2million votes come FeBuhari.

The winner takes it all

Its a state by state election!
Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by frankyychiji(f): 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
I can't believe the transformation agents in the house are taking this piece of junk seriously and even engaging some jaanjaweedians on it.
Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by AJOT99(m): 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
That's right!

Re: What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. by 100Cents: 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
Nah God dey make King.

Man's counsel is futile.

GEJ till 2019...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Secret Medical Trip To US, APC Covering Up His Health Status - Fayose / The 3 People That Killed Jonathan During The Last Few Months Of Election / I Won’t Decamp To APC Because PDP Lost Presidency, Says Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.