Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Worst Video Game Sequels - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Worst Video Game Sequels (5295 Views)

Funny Video Game Memes / Opinion: My Top 5 Best Fight Scenes In Any Video Game. / Types Of People You May Find In A Video Game Arena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by AAinEqGuinea: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
kimco:

I'm sorry, what?

Mk, realistic? Looooooool

I didn't see baraka's blades ending someone's life when he slashes his blade at them with his blades. Or kung lao slash someone into two with his boomrang metal hat. Or kabal make mince meat of other with his ground slasher move in mk3. Or rain's thunders turn fighters into charcoal when it strikes them. Need I go on? Mk is faar from a realistic game. It's meant to be unrealistically gory with a very fast paced gameplay (until the tekken gameplay took over)

So I advice u to revise ur oppinion man.

So by all means it makes perfect sense to break someone's spine or neck then instantaneously they're back in the fight. That's more practical than being sliced by Baraka's blade. To be clear, TO BREAK SOMEONE'S NECK MEANS THEY'RE DEAD. Have you ever seen someone get sliced and lived? I bet you have, way more likely that they'll live than if someone broke their neck. Mk10 is overloaded with asinine exaggerations like these.

Realism is the use of real actors and deadly martial arts which made mortal kombat sell exponentially well for each release up until mk trilogy. Children were trying to kill other influenced by mortal kombat, thats one he.ll of a game!!! I loved it! Ever since mk removed real actors from the series in exchange for virtual poly-created characters, they can now get away with anything including breaking your opponents neck or spine, your opponent simply walking that off. CLEARLY both mk9 and mk10 want to emphasize that they're full of it by slowing the pace of the game to show close-up x-ray of the most absurd disbelief.

Netherealm and Warner continue to ruin this this franchise imo with try-hard sequels. Acclaim and Midway knew what they were doing.

1 Like

Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by kimco(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

So by all means it makes perfect sense to break someone's spine or neck then instantaneously they're back in the fight. That's more practical than being sliced by Baraka's blade. To be clear, TO BREAK SOMEONE'S NECK MEANS THEY'RE DEAD. Have you ever seen someone get sliced and lived? I bet you have, way more likely that they'll live than if someone broke their neck. Mk10 is overloaded with asinine exaggerations like these.

Realism is the use of real actors and deadly martial arts which made mortal kombat sell exponentially well for each release up until mk trilogy. Children were trying to kill other influenced by mortal kombat, thats one he.ll of a game!!! I loved it! Ever since mk removed real actors from the series in exchange for virtual poly-created characters, they can now get away with anything including breaking your opponents neck or spine, your opponent simply walking that off. CLEARLY both mk9 and mk10 want to emphasize that they're full of it by slowing the pace of the game to show close-up x-ray of the most absurd disbelief.

Netherealm and Warner continue to ruin this this franchise imo with try-hard sequels. Acclaim and Midway knew what they were doing.

Oh dude really? U can't really be serious about what u are saying.

If we are to take the fighting in every mk seriously den fights shud realistically be ending in 2secs.

Jax's air grab back breaker shud either kill or paralize anyone and yet we see them happily continue the fight (mk 2,3,umk, mk trilogy etc)

The x-ray moves are jux to exaggerate these already unrealistic moves...by letting us see exactly what's going on in the characters.'S body. If u cannot accept that mk has never been a realistic fighting game like say tekken or doa (to some extent) then u'll be displease for a long tym
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by AAinEqGuinea: 12:11am On Apr 10, 2015
kimco:

Oh dude really? U can't really be serious about what u are saying.

If we are to take the fighting in every mk seriously den fights shud realistically be ending in 2secs.

Jax's air grab back breaker shud either kill or paralize anyone and yet we see them happily continue the fight (mk 2,3,umk, mk trilogy etc)

The x-ray moves are jux to exaggerate these already unrealistic moves...by letting us see exactly what's going on in the characters.'S body. If u cannot accept that mk has never been a realistic fighting game like say tekken or doa (to some extent) then u'll be displease for a long tym

It's been an overall horrible ending to a great series
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by kimco(m): 12:58am On Apr 10, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

It's been an overall horrible ending to a great series

I'll tell u something...I'm indiffrent of the x-ray moves...used to bother me too but the slow gameplay route midway (netherealm studios now) took has been bothering me the more to allow any other stuff like x-ray to bother me. Now that the game is fast again, I'm gonna enjoy it and later complain about trivial stuff like x-ray stuffs.
If they take it out I wouldn't mind and the opposite is true as well.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Max Payne 3... It isn't quite a bad game but it just doesn't live up to Max Payne 1 & 2... It lacks the unique noir approach
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
SherlockWayne007:
Max Payne 3... It isn't quite a bad game but it just doesn't live up to Max Payne 1 & 2... It lacks the unique noir approach

Wait,what?
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 20, 2016
youmour:

Wait,what?
Huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience At Soso Games And The Nigerian "Customer Care" Syndrome / ISSUES And SOLUTIONS To PES 2017 / Best Place To Download Psp Games?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.