Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance (9413 Views)

Photos From The Launching Of Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) / This Is The SOUTHWEST and Yoruba's Contribution To Nigeria / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mrborntodoit: 11:31am On Jan 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
The SW voted for Jonathan in 2011. He won every state except Osun
The SW were the main people fighting for him to be sworn in when Yar'adua died. Were they not jealous at that time.
What did they get in reward?
Emotional people always shun analysis for sentiments

Sorry to interrupt you but the yorubas are meant to fight for a common goal as a country instead of waiting to be rewarded as a people or a region.

From my own point of view,it's selfish to demand for something that belongs to everyone else.
Development is meant for us as a country and not to a region or ethnic group .

I stand to be corrected

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by AreaFada2: 11:32am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

The trains? Ask yourself this, how many people use these trains? Are the number of people who use the trains as much as those on the roads that have been neglected?

Lagos-Shagamu road is Lagos-Ibadan road dude. Quit the lies

Shagamu-ore road. One in 79 federal roads. Do you want to know the state of the remaining roads?

Do you want me to post pictures of your Ikeja international airport? Leaky roof, broken down conveyor, broken down escalator, broken down, air-conditioning systems, dysfunctional toilet facilities....

Do you want to see it?

So trains don't benefit common man. You think it is Dangote, Danjuma, IBB, Okoya Thomas, Ibru, OBJ, Otedola & co who use the trains from Lagos to Kano?
Chai, some logic na wa o.

If other regimes have done these & others expanded the train network, won't we have big nationwide network by now?
Since other regimes refused to start many things, should GEJ not start from somewhere, albeit how small?

Up until 2009, on most occasions Lagos-Ore took me over 6 hours due to bad road. In recent years, it has not surpassed 3 to 4 hours max. Still worse than about 2hours and 10 minutes back in 1990 but not bad at all.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2015
Gbawe:
@OP.

You can insult the SW and Yoruba folks as much as you want. That will not prevent the good people of the region going to cast their votes for who they believe will deliver good governance after the 5 worthless years of GEJ. If not that you people are irredeemable and unsavoury bigots, why do you keep forgetting that the same SW voted for GEJ against Buhari only 4 years ago in 2011? Had GEJ delivered good governance to validate the trust the people of the SW placed in him, would many in the region today be looking at Buhari as change today?

This show what people like you are i.e totally unreasonable elements who play victim always and never take responsibility for their own action. GEJ is in this position with the people of the SW because of his misrule of Nigeria. Nothing more, nothing less. Learn to speak the truth and shame the devil so that all those associated with you, like your children, may be proud of you.

See this post for my reply.

https://www.nairaland.com/2112216/southwest-buhari-jealousy-alliance/1#30114257

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2015
AreaFada2:

So trains don't benefit common man. You think it is Dangote, Danjuma, IBB, Okoya Thomas, Ibru, OBJ, Otedola & co who use the trains from Lagos to Kano?
Chai, some logic na wa o.

If other regimes have done these & others expanded the train network, won't we have big nationwide network by now?
You do realize you are shooting yourself in the leg right?

Okay, rails. Where else did this administration benefit the people?

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Jakpon: 11:35am On Jan 25, 2015
atlwireles:
What is your state gov doing for you angry angry angry
my state governor is James Ibori whois currently languishing in a british jail after looting the state treasyr dry. The ONLY governor in the histroy of Nigeria who is serving jail terms in a foreign prison for fraud and money laundering sadshocked
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Omila007: 11:35am On Jan 25, 2015
First of all i want to condemn castigating a whole region because of the selfishness of a few.
The Current administration still enjoys a great deal of support from the south west.
That said i am impressed that a few people here could actually see through what is actually happening.
It is bewildering that the change apostles accept that Buhari is not the best they could offer but yet they still presented him Why?
Because performance is least on the minds of the perpetrators of this power play where by GMB who is believed to enjoy huge support from
the North is made an ally to the south west in a bid to return power to the pre-GEJ arrangement.
I say no to the politics of blackmail.

The Facts about the hideous plot are these:

1. Performance is least of there priority.
2. It does not have the interest of the common man who they have being trying hard to sell this twist as CHANGE.
3. Not all South Westerners support this plot. GEJ enjoy a huge number of support there.
4 It will failed woefully by his grace.
5. This one will be hard for them to digest sha, i was amazed too. But the personal and individual opinion i got from south westerners in lagos, OFFLINE, APC IS TAGGED A PARTY OF THIEFS AND CRIMINALS.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

You realize we are operating a three tier form of governance?

Go and ask Tinubu specifically what he did with your states' and local government allocations.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by otosa(m): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:
Greed is what I perceive from their alliance .

Tinubu is about selling the future of the yorubas for an oil bloc to his name .

They,the yorubas know that tinubu can't be trusted .
The Song that reign now is CHANGE!!! Later we will settle on any other matters.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by atlwireles: 11:36am On Jan 25, 2015
omonnakoda:

Are you talking to yourself or to me. Certainly you have not communicated anything
If you have nothing to say be quiet

Take your own advise and stop sounding like a frustrated soul.

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mrborntodoit: 11:38am On Jan 25, 2015
otosa:
The Song that reign now is CHANGE!!! Later we will settle on any other matters.

Collect your change from the nearest conductor. Make sure you give him money before collecting change grin

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 11:38am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Go and ask Tinubu specifically what he did with your states' and local government allocations.
You can create a thread about Tinubu later dude. This thread is about GEJ. Stick to it except he cannot be defended
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by rbjimoh: 11:39am On Jan 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
The SW were the main people fighting for him to be sworn in when Yar'adua died. Were they not jealous at that time.
. Thank you, Omonnakoda. The Yoruba people are the only Nigerian nationalities that base everything on justice and common logic. The southwest criticized OBJ the most despite being one of them. The Igbos wouldn't have done that to their own and that's because of their greed, callous sentiment and bad genres they inherited from their forefathers. Example is the case of Lagos. The Yoruba people extented their culture of tolerance to those god-forsaken criminals called Igbo and here they are now asking their host to bring their heads. Their are as much Igbos in Kano as there are in Lagos, why can't they make the same claim in Kano? They won't and that's because they well know that the Hausas won't give it a second thought before they slaughter them all. Igbos are the most criminally ingrates the world is blessed with. Now on that dumbass Jonathan, he has ruined our country enough and we would make sure he doesn't return to the sit. He divided Nigeria along religious lines. He celebrated international criminal who escaped prosecution in UK. He has recruited new high caliber thieves that have stolen billions of US dollars from treasury.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Jakpon: 11:39am On Jan 25, 2015
sCun:

100 times more than whatever Buhari did for the south west in all the positions he held
List only 20
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by otosa(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

ask google, I think you should be able to get more than one million pages for your question and with that you will settle for the best answer.
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by PassingShot(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

And what gives you the guarantee that Buhari will perform?
Go and do an independent historical review on the Buhari regime and find out first hand how despotic and incompetent it was.

If your housemaid fails to perform his/her duties, you first send him/her packing and replace with another one. You can only judge the new one after you have hired him.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by atlwireles: 11:42am On Jan 25, 2015
Jakpon:
my state governor is James Ibori whois currently languishing in a british jail after looting the state treasyr dry. The ONLY governor in the histroy of Nigeria who is serving jail terms in a foreign prison for fraud and money laundering sadshocked

Ibori is not a state governor. Kudos to the good people of delta, that made his life after government miserable. By the way, James Ibori outperformed any gov in the South between 1999 and 2007.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by AreaFada2: 11:43am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

See how ethno-centricism make some Nigerians speak:

ABOUT OTHER LEADERS.

GSM: Name Baba Iyabo bring am.
Stable currency: Abacha try well well
WAI: Ah na Buhari bring am. Whip indiscipline people yansh.

ABOUT GEJ

Modern railway by GEJ for 30 years: Na this old train coaches we dey celebrate? Switzerland train sharp like aeroplane.

SURE-P: How many people the thing employ sef? Na waste of money.

14 New Fed Universities by GEJ: Na univesity poor man wan chop?

Improving electricity under GEJ: Common Ghana here, their light never blink for 20 years.

Almajiri Schools by GEJ: How the school take benefit the masses?

Airports renovated by GEJ: Forget matter, all na wash & embezzlement by Stella Oduah.

Better roads under GEJ: Them inflate all the contracts na.

Wiped out fertilizer scam using e-wallet: All na to deceive poor village farmers.

Reduced Food imports under GEJ: GEJ get farm? Nor be Nigerians use their energy produce the food?

ALL GEJ's kids study in 9ja: Ehen, them say make him nor send his kids abroad? Mschewwwww.

GEJ has no foreign account: Hahahaha! He's clue.less. He doesn't even know how to open a foreign account, even with his PhD. Shame.

So even if GEJ provides free 3 square meals to all Nigerians daily, those that use "oju kokoro" overfeed themselves will still blame GEJ for their jedi jedi or constipation (depending what they overfeed on).

9ja is mostly a country of destructive cynical youths.[b]
Mynd44:

ABOUT OTHER LEADERS.

ABOUT GEJ

Modern railway by GEJ for 30 years: Na this old train coaches we dey celebrate? Switzerland train sharp like aeroplane.

Improving electricity under GEJ: Common Ghana here, their light never blink for 20 years.

Airports renovated by GEJ: Forget matter, all na wash & embezzlement by Stella Oduah.

Wiped out fertilizer scam using e-wallet: All na to deceive poor village farmers.

Reduced Food imports under GEJ: GEJ get farm? Nor be Nigerians use their energy produce the food?

ALL GEJ's kids study in 9ja: Ehen, them say make him nor send his kids abroad? Mschewwwww.

GEJ has no foreign account: Hahahaha! He's clue.less. He doesn't even know how to open a foreign account, even with his PhD. Shame.

So even if GEJ provides free 3 square meals to all Nigerians daily, those that use "oju kokoro" overfeed themselves will still blame GEJ for their jedi jedi or constipation (depending what they overfeed on).

9ja is mostly a country of destructive cynical youths.[/b]
Mynd44:

ABOUT OTHER LEADERS.

ABOUT GEJ

9ja is mostly a country of destructive cynical youths.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by omonnakoda: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Sorry to interrupt you but the yorubas are meant to fight for a common goal as a country instead of waiting to be rewarded as a people or a region.

From my own point of view,it's selfish to demand for something that belongs to everyone else.
Development is meant for us as a country and not to a region or ethnic group .

I stand to be corrected
You are right that they are meant to fight for development of the country but different parts have different needs. Some need extra funding for education or security or Female children etc . If you have children you will not do the same for a 14 year old for a 5 year old.I f something belongs to everyone as you put it I don't think it is selfish to demand your share. When people vote ALL OVER THE WORLD they are motivated by what is in in for them so there is nothing new there
Let me give you a fact over the last 4 years Nigeria has made more money than at any other time in her history .
Let me repeat that
over the last 4 years Nigeria has made more money than at any other time in her history

So what is the SW share of this prosperity having regard that the Federal government has over 50% of the budget

You can have the Final word I really do not have much more to say to you.!
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Mynd44: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2015
This thread is a show that even GEJ's supporters are not sure of his victory. The same way the governors are scared pooless.

I am out of here
Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by sCun: 11:46am On Jan 25, 2015
Jakpon:
List only 20
After you list one that Buhari did.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by gratiaeo(m): 11:47am On Jan 25, 2015
Jakpon:
...and what has Gej done for the southwest that would make them vote for him again? When was the last time he went to commission a project there?
The same people who voted for him in 2011 and made him president will vote for him again this year

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Jakpon: 11:47am On Jan 25, 2015
atlwireles:

Kudos to the good people of delta, that made his life after government miserable.
Bloody Liar !

We havent forgotten how his militant brothers prevented the NPF from arresting him on the orders of Late President Yaradua. We havent forgotten how his 'good people' recently organised a birthday for him even while he is still in jail. We know you all celebrate crooks and criminals in your neck of wood

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by sCun: 11:49am On Jan 25, 2015
PassingShot:

If your housemaid fails to perform his/her duties, you first send him/her packing and replace with another one. You can only judge the new one after you have hired him.
False analogy.
We can judge Buhari because he has been there before in many top positions including the highest one.
What did he do for the south west?

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by mrborntodoit: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are right that they are mean to fight for development of the country .I f something belongs to everyone as you put it I don't think it is selfish to demand your share. When people vote ALL OVER THE WORLD they are motivated by what is in in for them so there is nothing new there
Let me give you a fact over the last 4 years Nigeria has made more money than at any other time in her history .
Let me repeat that
over the last 4 years Nigeria has made more money than at any other time in her

So what is the SW share of this prosperity having regard that the Federal government has over 50% of the budget

You can have the Final word I really do not have much more to say to you.!

Your share is the allocation given to each state and as for federal projects, they are being done from region to region. Even Gej in his confessional statements admitted haven faced the northern part because they are lagging behind and the next 4 years will be dedicated to the south which includes SW,ss,se and middle belt .

I don't care about having the last words but I care about creating awareness to better our nation . The nations prosperity is at the interest of each and everyone of us.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

You can create a thread about Tinubu later dude. This thread is about GEJ. Stick to it except he cannot be defended

Don't be daft.

I am trying to show you how to see things holistically.

Governance in Nigeria is like a mosaic comprising of several small pieces placed together at strategic points to give a big picture.

Has your state governor, local council executives and legislators lived up to their responsibilities?

The answer is a resounding NO!

The level of impunity and massive fraud on the state level can not be reciprocated on the federal level. This is not to say corruption is endemic to the states alone but a situation where state legislative houses are mere rubber stamps for the governor can not be seen on the federal level where even federal legislators go all out searching for evidence of fraud to bring the executive to their knees.

To typify how terrible things are on the state level, the Lagos state house institutionalized corruption by passing a bill authorizing a private company to take the responsibility of the State FIRS with Tinubu raking in a huge commission every month. A federal court has since ruled against this but the system still remains in place.

Finally the responsibilities of the federal govt far outweigh that ofthe states. The federal govt is responsible for all the security apparatus, prisons, federal judiciary, high commissions and embassies abroad, strategic infrastructure like roads, ports, rail airports and a very large civil service which costs more to maintain than all the states combined given the disparity in wage rates.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by atlwireles: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2015
Jakpon:
Bloody Liar !

We havent forgotten how his militant brothers prevented the NPF from arresting him on the orders of Late President Yaradua. We havent forgotten how his 'good people' recently organised a birthday for him even while he is still in jail. We know you all celebrate crooks and criminals in your neck of wood

If you want to talk about Delta state open a new thread and invite all your 1000 monikers. I am in the mood to bloody your life this sunday. Oya go and open the thread.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by PassingShot(m): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2015
sCun:

False analogy.
We can judge Buhari because he has been there before in many top positions including the highest one.
What did he do for the south west?

Good one. And after comparing his 20 months rule with GEJ's 5.5 years, majority of Nigerians believe he will perform better. In his brief stay as HOS, he showed that he has no tolerance for corruption and indiscipline, and he fought and defeated terrorism of that time. In our judgment, we believe that if he had spent longer time, he would have performed far far better. Hence, we are prepared to give him a four-year term. If he disappoints, WE WILL KICK HIM OUT.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 25, 2015
PassingShot:

You are seeking to return that househelp you sacked 31 yrs ago.

Only someone with amnesia or madness will repeat the same mistake twice!

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by sCun: 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Good one. And after comparing his 20 months rule with GEJ's 5.5 years, majority of Nigerians believe he will perform better. In his brief stay as HOS, he showed that he has no tolerance for corruption and indiscipline, and he fought and defeated terrorism of that time. In our judgment, we believe that if he had spent longer time, he would have performed far far better. Hence, we are prepared to give him a four-year term. If he disappoints, WE WILL KICK HIM OUT.
He fought a small gang of rioters then not terrorism, even at that thousands of people still died. He created a lot of dust in the name of fighting corruption, but did he even eliminate or reduce corruption? No, it got worse.
He spent 20 months as Head of state and 6 good years as PTF chairman. He had billions of naira, worth trillions today under his control as PTF chairman for those 6 years, what did he do for the South west?
No beating around just name them.

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Buhari's corruption crusade was selective along ethnic lines

Buhari's corruption crusade was directed at the same group of people who would have challenged his emergence thus it was a gimmick he used to silence his potential opponents and it served to falsely reassure the plebs that he was fighting the big cats.

The plebs are a class of people seething and waiting for a revolution for the sake of it. They are easily swayed by propaganda and public witch burnings which Buhari employed with his Kangaroo tribunals.

Buhari in typical Animal farm style will later focus on other groups like the press by enacting and enforcing draconian censor laws in the form of decree 4. No sooner had he completed this objective, he took his war to the same plebs with his War Against Indiscipline. If Buhari had stayed longer we would have been like north Korea now with Buhari worshipped as a demigod.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Kennywills7(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
Mynd44:

It is the simple logic of "We have given you +4 years" given your party almost 16"years and you people have failed"

The people are weary of excuses and blaming everyone else for their incompetence so the want a change. The way the change comes is not their concern.

A lot of peeps on twitter are like "If we vote Buhari and he fvcks up, 2019 is not far. We change him"

Simple
Abeg show me any guy in apc dat was not involved in govt for d 16yrs u mention!!
They are d same set of pple dat cause dis problems not just d ones in pdp

1 Like

Re: The Southwest And Buhari, A Jealousy Alliance by Gbawe: 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
omonnakoda:

Don't mind the dishonest OP. GEJ was seen as "transformation" in 2011 and ,based on that perception, the Yorubas in all States bar Osun voted for him to be President. After 5 years of total misrule,hideous corruption and insecurity threatening to turn Nigeria in to Somalia or Iraq, why on earth can some people not understand and accept the simple reason many Yorubas now have no interest in voting for GEJ next month?

If some are determined to cast their votes on ethnocentric and bigoted ground,why should they insinuate the Yorubas must do same? Should we all be driven by sentiments, emotions and sectional bias where the future of our children and generations unborn is at stake? We should irresponsibly vote for GEJ to continue and then watch Nigeria become a nation where majority of Nigerians are hurdled in Lagos because Boko Haram, perhaps aided by a terrorist alliance from all over the world, control everywhere else? Some folks are just too damn tribalistic to the extent they cannot even tell right from wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. / Obasanjo: Greedy Chicken Farmer / 500 Police College Recruits Expelled For Theft, Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.