Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce (1960 Views)

Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 / View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. / 03-06 MDX E-service Manual. If You Need One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce by talkintruth: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2015
Hello, my naıralanders, ı want to buy an Acura MDX–nıgerıan used. I have a 2003 and 2005 to choose from, Please ı need you candıd advıce on:
1) Is Acura MDX a good car for a young famıly, ın terms of fuel economy, maıntaınance e.t.c
2) whıch of the two models would you advıce ı go for
3) and how do ı dıfferentıate between a 2003 & 2005.

Thank you
Re: Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce by bravolad(m): 11:40am On Jan 25, 2015
Fuel economy is out of the equation when considering an SUV with a 3.5l v6 engine that produces 265 hp and 253 lb.ft with a gross weight of about 4451 lb. Expect a further drop in mpg because of the quality of fuel imported into Nigeria. Yet, if decide to go with the Allwheel model, a drastic reduction in mpg should be anticipated.

In terms of the differences between the year models, I do not think there's much of a difference. Noticeable difference is the fact that the 2005 model has a satellite controlled GPS and standard XM Satelite Radio. I do not know how well these devices are supported in Nigeria. On the Touring Edition, you also have the Bluetooth hands-free cell phone interface. I think the GPS in the 2003 model is disc operated.

There was a recall for the 2005 - 2006 models due to Transmission harsh shifting. So you need to be sure it's corrected in anyone you choose to buy. When buying a Nigerian used, be sure it is serviced with the right engine oil & transmission fluid at the recommended intervals. Get a competent garage or mechanic to help you with basic checks in addition to obtaining a VIN report, absolutely essential. Even though it's been used here.

About 3 to 4 years ago, a colleague of mine used it and it served him well. As I have always said, maintenance is paramount to durability and efficiency. Personally, I will choose the 2005 model over the 2003 model.

3 Likes

Re: Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce by sultaan(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
BAsed on all Criteria go buy crv
Re: Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce by senator2k9(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
bravolad:
Fuel economy is out of the equation when considering an SUV with a 3.5l v6 engine that produces 265 hp and 253 lb.ft with a gross weight of about 4451 lb. Expect a further drop in mpg because of the quality of fuel imported into Nigeria. Yet, if decide to go with the Allwheel model, a drastic reduction in mpg should be anticipated.

In terms of the differences between the year models, I do not think there's much of a difference. Noticeable difference is the fact that the 2005 model has a satellite controlled GPS and standard XM Satelite Radio. I do not know how well these devices are supported in Nigeria. On the Touring Edition, you also have the Bluetooth hands-free cell phone interface. I think the GPS in the 2003 model is disc operated.

There was a recall for the 2005 - 2006 models due to Transmission harsh shifting. So you need to be sure it's corrected in anyone you choose to buy. When buying a Nigerian used, be sure it is serviced with the right engine oil & transmission fluid at the recommended intervals. Get a competent garage or mechanic to help you with basic checks in addition to obtaining a VIN report, absolutely essential. Even though it's been used here.

About 3 to 4 years ago, a colleague of mine used it and it served him well. As I have always said, maintenance is paramount to durability and efficiency. Personally, I will choose the 2005 model over the 2003 model.
bro, U have said all I wanted to say.....kudos
Re: Wants To Acura MDX. Please I Need Your Advıce by talkintruth: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thanks. you are too much

(1) (Reply)

Check Abs And Brake Indications / I Need 2004 Tokunbo Mazda3 Engine 2.0litre / 2004 Nissan Maxiam Hard Starting......please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.