Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above (2468 Views)

What I Noticed About Presidents From North-western Nigeria / Ibrahim Buba Gayius Jailed For 70 Years / List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
• Ellen Johnson Sirleaf became President of
Liberia at age 70 in 2006.
She was 75 in 2011. She will remain president till
2016, at age 80
years

• President Jacob Zuma of South Africa is 72
years old. He will be
president till 2019 at 77 years

• Nelson Mandela, born in 1918, became President
of South Africa in
1994 at the age of 76. Still president in 1998
when he stepped down
for Mbeki at the age of 80. If he had served two
terms, he would have
been 84

• President Peter Mutharika of Malawi was 74
when he was sworn in on
31 May, 2014. He will be president till 2019 at 79

• President Alpha Conde of Guinea is now 76
years old. He was sworn-in
in December 2011when he was at 72

• President Jose Eduardo Santos of Angola is 72.
He will be president till 2020

• President Abde Bourtefilka of Algeria is 77 years
old, and will be
in office till 2020 and he will be 83 years old then

• President Alasanne Quattara of Ivory Coast was
72 years in 2012, and
will be President till 2016

• Yoweri Museveni of Uganda has been president
since 1985. He won
another seven years-term in 2013 , and will be
president till 2020
when he is 84

1 Like

Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
• President Jose Mujiaga of Uruguay was 75
years old when elected. He
is 79 years now

• President Tedoro Oblang Nguema Mbasogo,
Equatorial Guinea, was born
on January 6, 1942. He is 72 years old and still
going on

• President Michael Sata, Zambia, is 77 years old.
He became president
September 23, 2011 at 74, and will rule till 2016
when he will be 79

• President Paul Biya of Cameroon is 81 years old.
He will be in office till 2017 at the age of 84

• President Milos Zeman of Chech Republic is 70
years old and will be
in office till 2018 when he is 74

• Beji Caid Essebsi of Tunisia is 88 years old and
he assumed office
in 2014 at 87 years old
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by madridguy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
@ OP what are you insinuating ?
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
• Obafemi Awolowo was 74 during his last
attempt at presidency in 1983.

• Nnamdi Azikiwe was 79 when he contested for
presidency in 1983.

In conclusion, I am not an apostle for recycling
old politicians but I
am averse to people like Ayo Fayose pushing
twisted and one-sided
history in our faces. I just want to show that all
over the world senior citizens get elected and
most of them see their tenure through.
In fact a few of them die in office. Only Tôn Đức
Thắng of Vietnam died in office. You can research
this fact. Ironically none of dead presidents on
Fayose’s statics in the Punch was up to 70 as at
the time of their death. This shows how confused
this Ekiti governor is.

Please let us contribute to knowledge, the fact
that some elements are
privileged to be in seat of power doesn’t mean we
cannot engage intelligently.

People like Ayo Fayose should be told that the white didn’t hide
things in books for black people like us. Let the
game continue, we will serve them while it is hot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by timawoku(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
You are quite right bro! Let them know
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Chanchit: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
madridguy:

You just asked a foolish question, but I would answer you. It means GMB is not old to become Nigeria's president.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
madridguy:
Read in-between the lines...
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Xfemt(m): 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
But at list all of them get minimum of weac result b4 they became president, so tell Failbuhari to present his own oh

1 Like

Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by midolian(m): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
Xfemt:
But at list all of them get minimum of weac result b4 they became president, so tell Failbuhari to present his own oh
stop advertising your dumb self.nobody is going to buy..pple like you are a burden on nigeria.
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by NiceMan4(m): 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
And what has been the fate of those countries you mentioned? Non of them are better than Nigeria. Their old presidents are not able to lead them to greater heights. Madella knew he was too old, that was why he resigned, not because he was too nice. How progressive and developed are these countries governed by old me? They are all struggling African countries, and can't measure with Nigeria economic wise. I thought you would name the presidents of USA, GERMANY, CHINA etc. Please, show me a developed country governed by an old man, only then, I can vote for Buhari. And again, were those old men also certificateless?
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by mdbissalla(m): 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
nice post, good research done.

now i know that age is not a barrier rather its just a number...

so, GMB can contiune wit his ride till 2019 then add another 4yrs. cheesycheesycheesy

GMB TILL 2023 tonguetonguetongue
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by ggrin(f): 2:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
madridguy:
read it again

Slowly

Steadily

U'll understand
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by madridguy(m): 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
Chanchit:

You just asked a foolish question, but I would answer you. It means GMB is not old to become Nigeria's president.

Over sabi kill you......How on earth do you think this forum is for Nigerian alone ? It is better you mind your tongue. Oponu ayirada.
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Chanchit: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
madridguy:

Over sabi kill you......How on earth do you think this forum is for Nigerian alone ? It is better you mind your tongue. Oponu ayirada.

Ashiaraba eleribu. This forum is not for Nigerians only, but even a non Nigerian that has been following proceedings here on NL knows where the Op is heading. Omo ale jatijati.
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by madridguy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
Chanchit:

Ashiaraba eleribu. This forum is not for Nigerians only, but even a non Nigerian that has been following proceedings here on NL knows where the Op is heading. Omo ale jatijati.

I blame you, laminated brain.
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Xfemt(m): 4:30am On Jan 26, 2015
[quote au thor=midolian post=30118039]stop advertising your dumb self.nobody is going to buy..pple like you are a burden on nigeria.[/quote]

How can I b a problem to ur country when am not from there, mumu, when GEJ come failbuhari 14 I wonder were u ll run to, idiot, come sense no tell u say failburi can't rules this country.
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by midolian(m): 8:19am On Jan 26, 2015
Xfemt:

How can I b a problem to ur country when am not from there, mumu, when GEJ come failbuhari 14 I wonder were u ll run to, idiot, come sense no tell u say failburi can't rules this country.
u r nt frm here and u r spewing thrash bou here? It has jst confrmed d dunce that u r..see ds pikin dey deny hin country because tinz don spoil. And u r still typing GEJ till......Thunder strike that ur hand
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by NavierStokes(m): 8:56am On Jan 26, 2015
All in a bid to sell an "old school ruler" from the past. Most of those names you have mentioned are dictators in modern times, running aground their less developed countries(relative to nigeria).
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Xfemt(m): 9:03am On Jan 26, 2015
quote author=midolian post=30140663] u r nt frm here and u r spewing thrash bou here? It has jst confrmed d dunce that u r..see ds pikin dey deny hin country because tinz don spoil. And u r still typing GEJ till......Thunder strike that ur hand[/quote]

Am not a nigerian am from niger delta since u and ur northerners say thnis govt won't be good for us so ve it in mind when u. Northerns gain power back be ready to dance the same tone, abi na by force to stay with cow like for thesame house
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Xfemt(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=Xfemt post=30141738]quote author=midolian post=30140663] u r nt frm here and u r spewing thrash bou here? It has jst confrmed d dunce that u r..see ds pikin dey deny hin country because tinz don spoil. And u r still typing GEJ till......Thunder strike that ur hand

Am not a nigerian am from niger delta since u and ur northerners say thnis govt won't be good for us so ve it in mind when u. Northerns gain power back be ready to dance the same tone, abi na by force to stay with cow like u for thesame house
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 26, 2015
My only problem is the adjective "Great" you used. Kindly highlight what was "great" about the bunch you just listed. Save for Mandela whose greatness was really attributed to his pre- presidency struggle against apartheid and the 27 years imprisonment he suffered for it. His not running for a second term made him and sealed his fate as an icon. The others are just... lipsrsealed
Re: List Of Great Presidents From 70 Years Old And Above by goldmma8: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2015
If buhari try and won this election, Nigeria will surely turn upside down.so is better u dnt vote for buhari before Nigeria will town to something else.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is A Father To Me And I Am His First Political Son - GEJ / What Do Y'all Think About The Lady Who Bared Her Boobs At UNIPORT Cultural Day? / Buhari To Abdulsalami Committee: No Mercy For Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.