Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,551 members, 7,958,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:00 PM

How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? (973 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Even The Canadian Dollar Fell Compared To The US Dollar, Let Alone The Naira / 20 solid Reasons Why Buhari Must Not see aso rock let alone enter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by dein77(m): 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
Indeed, these are trying times. These are times that try the souls of men.

For the first time in my life, I fear for the future and wellbeing of this nation.

I didn't experience the Civil War. I don't want to experience one. It's stories aren't palatable. It's signs are yet unforgotten. It's scars are yet to fully heal.

And some babies are already beating new war drums. We don't need to witness wars to know they never benefit anyone in the long run.

I read all day long on Nairaland as juveniles continue beating war drums. I bet they have no idea what a war is. Most of them are yet to witness even a major crisis.

I read with dismay as kids utter words capable of creating a conflagration amongst us. The atmosphere is charged already. Let's not make it worse. We all will lose if this nation disintegrates.

I witnessed a crisis between the Ijaws and the OPC in Lagos in the late 90's, and it wasn't a good one. I lost friends and relatives to that crisis. My education was almost affected because of the crisis. Pls let's give peace a chance. Let's be united now like we used to whenever Nigeria plays a football match.

Crises no be moi moi. For whole weeks, we lived in fear in Ajegunle and it's environs. We witnessed the mindless massacre of youths in that crisis.

At the end, over 2000 Ijaws were provided with buses and transport fare to return back to Bayelsa. That community is overgrown with grasses and shrubs today.

Let me not talk of the crisis in Delta State. We are a very religious people. It's time to put our knowledge to work. Talk peace. Preach peace. Be different.

Besides, Ijaws ARENT going to war no matter the outcome of next month's General elections.

If the majority votes against President GEJ, that's democracy for you.

Pls, let's give peace a chance.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by huptin(m): 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
I witnessed the OPC vs hausa clash in 2001 at idi araba, i saw burnt corpses every where, i saw hausa people being dragged out of vehicles and slaughtered like goats, i almost vomited my intestines out and i had series of nightmares for a very ling time.

Never in my life will i join anybody to call for war..... never.

That OPC was indeed a terrible organisation, their barbarity was worse than that of the hausas thank God things are better now. The funny thing is that the press turned a blind eye to their activities, they refused to report their attrocities while they went on a killing spree right in the centre of Lagos. It was a terrible period.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by dein77(m): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
huptin:
I witnessed the OPC vs hausa clash in 2001 at idi araba, i saw burnt corpses every where, i saw hausa people being dragged out of vehicles and slaughtered like goats, i almost vomited my intestines out and i had series of nightmares for a very ling time.

Thanks for sharing. Let's continue to call for peace.
Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by dkronicle(m): 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
huptin:

That OPC was indeed a terrible organisation, their barbarity was worse than that of the hausas thank God things are better now. The funny thing is that the press turned a blind eye to their activities, they refused to report their attrocities while they went on a killing spree right in the centre of Lagos. It was a terrible period.
idi araba is still hot till now. Apc don pay dem finish. Birds everywhere for those dat understand
Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by simplemach(m): 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
Here in kaduna, we no longer ask who witnessed and who did not or has not. What we ask now is how many have you witnessed and how did u manage to survive each of them.
Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by tinkinjow: 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
Stop mongering. No south southerners are going to war with anyone. All they are implying is that they'll take charge of their resources. Which I strongly support. Anyone who doesn't like that and attempt to stop them may he/ she dies in the process.
Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by ifex370(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
tinkinjow:
Stop mongering. No south southerners are going to war with anyone. All they are implying is that they'll take charge of their resources. Which I strongly support. Anyone who doesn't like that and attempt to stop them may he/ she dies in the process.

Think before you talk... The resources of this Nation belong to all... God bless Nigeria
Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by nuclearboy(m): 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
tinkinjow:

It does make sense to say you wish to have a stronger stake in any relationship you find yourself! But you cannot say people must vote for a particular person and that if they don't, you will wage war against them. everyone knows Nigeria was behind Jonathan 4 years ago! Everyone knows he lost his support because of his actions! How then can you insist that people must continue supporting him!

Ijaws won't go to war and if the real parasites (dokubo and co) try to cause trouble, they will find themselves under the bus - what they have profited is enough anyway and any further at the cost of lives/violence is tempting fate! GEJ won't be there when the country asks Benin and other nations to return them for trial if they tempt fate.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
I have seen more than enough war-like crises in kaduna and those bitter experiences refused to fade away. War is better of watched in a movie than to experience it in real time.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by dein77(m): 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
byrron:
I have seen more than enough war-like crises in kaduna and those bitter experiences refused to fade away. War is better of watched in a movie than to experience it in real time.

Seriously? That's exactly why we should preach peace. It's better for us all.
Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by swalkphoe(m): 6:33am On Jan 26, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] I believe this should be at front page,if this is about war and needless rant it would have hit the front page ,but it's about peace and the moderators seems to oppose peace at all cost ,I have witnessed a war in Osun state and still lives with the nightmare up till today,be very careful what u wish for,GEJ and GMB will leave all of us behind to face.the music while they and their families makes analysis from where ever they might be then,pls think twice.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by dein77(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2015
swalkphoe:
[color=#006600][/color] I believe this should be at front page,if this is about war and needless rant it would have hit the front page ,but it's about peace and the moderators seems to oppose peace at all cost ,I have witnessed a war in Osun state and still lives with the nightmare up till today,be very careful what u wish for,GEJ and GMB will leave all of us behind to face.the music while they and their families makes analysis from where ever they might be then,pls think twice.

Thanks, my dear. Those who haven't witnessed a mere crisis are the ones calling for war. It's sad.

Let's give peace a chance.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Have Experienced A Crisis, Let Alone War? by tociano009(m): 7:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
I was in Libya 2012

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Documentary Of NTA / Ait Lied On Presidential Poll Fraud / ISIS Executes Jordanian Pilot By Roasting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.