Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Does The Universe Need A Creator ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Universe Need A Creator ? (1562 Views)

Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? / Evidences Of A Creator In Nature. / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
I often ask my self, what is it in man that he needs a creator,why couldn't the universe just be created due to unknown uncertainties...why does the religious man need an invisible skydaddy to help him...when an argument arise between an atheist and a theist, the theist often starts with the false presupposition of a deity which in itself is circular reasoning and a logical fallacy.... Can any theist prove why the universe needs a creator..

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 11:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
Waiting
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
"I agree with people like Richard Dawkins that mankind felt the need for creation myths. Before we really began to understand disease and the weather and things like that, we sought false explanations for them. Now science has filled in some of the realm – not all – that religion used to fill."- Bill Gates

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2015
True, what i can't wrap my head around is why people always want a god/deity to create ... What of if sub_quantum fluactuations was what caused our universe to appear

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by tonybosses: 1:45am On Jan 26, 2015
Oga sir u re very right d universe does nt need a creator.

THE universe hass a creator!!!

Take it or leave it...I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2015
You can't just say the universe has a creator with no proof,you are assuming an answer without solving the question which in itself is a fallacious logic

2 Likes

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by Esiri111(m): 11:58am On Jan 26, 2015
manichukk56:
I often ask my self, what is it in man that he needs a creator,why couldn't the universe just be created due to unknown uncertainties...why does the religious man need an invisible skydaddy to help him...when an argument arise between an atheist and a theist, the theist often starts with the false presupposition of a deity which in itself is circular reasoning and a logical fallacy.... Can any theist prove why the universe needs a creator..
This IS Simple Logic.
CAUSE and Effect;
In logic there is a principle that states: every effect must have an adequate cause. This is the basis of all science. This “law” of correct thinking bears a relationship to the origin of the universe. It is well established that the universe has not existed forever. Dr. Robert Jastrow, internationally known space scientist, declared that “modern science denies an eternal existence to the Universe.”If the universe has not existed forever, how can its origin be explained? There are only two possibilities: it was self-created; or it was created by something or someone other than itself, and of a nature different than thematerial.However, no material thing is able to create itself. If that were possible, there would be evidence of such. But the First Law of Thermodynamics argues that matter is not nowbeing created. Since matter could not have formed itself, it must have anon-materialsource, i.e., a “mind” cause. Great thinkers have concluded that this Mind is God.
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 6:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
Esiri111:

This IS Simple Logic.
CAUSE and Effect;
In logic there is a principle that states: every effect must have an adequate cause. This is the basis of all science. This “law” of correct thinking bears a relationship to the origin of the universe. It is well established that the universe has not existed forever. Dr. Robert Jastrow, internationally known space scientist, declared that “modern science denies an eternal existence to the Universe.”If the universe has not existed forever, how can its origin be explained? There are only two possibilities: it was self-created; or it was created by something or someone other than itself, and of a nature different than thematerial.However, no material thing is able to create itself. If that were possible, there would be evidence of such. But the First Law of Thermodynamics argues that matter is not nowbeing created. Since matter could not have formed itself, it must have anon-materialsource, i.e., a “mind” cause. Great thinkers have concluded that this Mind is God.

first you have to tell me which God, is it the abrahamic god, the hindus god, krishna,thor which one of the 5000gods are you referring to....

Then you have to state what caused a particular God you are referring to and why the universe can't create itself due to the laws of physics
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
manichukk56:

first you have to tell me which God, is it the abrahamic god, the hindus god, krishna,thor which one of the 5000gods are you referring to....

Then you have to state what caused a particular God you are referring to and why the universe can't create itself due to the laws of physics
do you now believe in God?

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by Emusan(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
manichukk56:
True, what i can't wrap my head around is [size=14pt]why people always want a god/deity to create[/size] ... What of if sub_quantum fluactuations was what caused our universe to appear

@bolded-I can't stop laughing at your ignorance.

Can any man want God to create?
Christianity which I belong to doesn't just want God to create to cause misunderstand between people about our universe RATHER God the Creator has revealed Himself to many people to let them know that He exists and He's the creator of all things.

I so much love this verse...
"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," Romans 1:22 KJV
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by efficiencie(m): 1:12am On Jan 27, 2015
manichukk56:
I often ask my self, what is it in man that he needs a creator,why couldn't the universe just be created due to unknown uncertainties...why does the religious man need an invisible skydaddy to help him... when an argument arise between an atheist and a theist, the theist often starts with the false presupposition of a deity which in itself is circular reasoning and a logical fallacy.... Can any theist prove why the universe needs a creator.. (i dey laff o! cheesy )

Well bro if the universe had no creator then the law of conservation of matter (mass) is wrong and the foundations of classical and modern physics will be more or less bread crumbs!

law of conservation of matter - a fundamental principle of classical physics that matter cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system
source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/law+of+conservation+of+matter

Now what then was the state of matter that resulted in the singularity, infinite mass, near zero volume that resulted in the big bang?

You are a thinker and you know that by the 'kalam argument' every effect has a cause ...there are no such things as ACCIDENTS! Even philosophers agree to this...so tell me thinker, Is it logical to assume that a few seconds prior to the big bang the universe was a singularity with a near zero volume and infinite mass!? What existed 1000 years before the big bang (because the primordial singularity cannot be stable for that long)? I could use a lil lecture on particle physics!

Answer my questions, leave me speechless as in make me go shocked and i'll renounce my faith ...
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 6:06am On Jan 27, 2015
efficiencie:

Well bro if the universe had no creator then the law of conservation of matter (mass) is wrong and the foundations of classical and modern physics will be more or less bread crumbs!

law of conservation of matter - a fundamental principle of classical physics that matter cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system

Now what then was the state of matter that resulted in the singularity, infinite mass, near zero volume that resulted in the big bang?

You are a thinker and you know that by the 'kalam argument' every effect has a cause ...there are no such things as ACCIDENTS! Even philosophers agree to this...so tell me thinker, Is it logical to assume that a few seconds prior to the big bang the universe was a singularity with a near zero volume and infinite mass!? What existed 1000 years before the big bang (because the primordial singularity cannot be stable for that long)? I could use a lil lecture on particle physics!

Answer my questions, leave me speechless as in make me go shocked and i'll renounce my faith ...

what is quantum fluctuation, this is the sudden appearance of energetic particles in vacuum.. Its been proven that in vacuum energtic particles can pop out of vacuum and disappear back into nothingness.. So before the singularity at a point these energetic particles would have collided together and keep getting bigger which might have lead to the bigbang, though there are other scientific theories prior to the big bang
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 6:10am On Jan 27, 2015
timonski:
do you now believe in God?

no i don't , there is no proof of their existence, but since you do i want you to tell me what god created the universe out of the over 5000+ gods
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 6:16am On Jan 27, 2015
Emusan:

Christianity which I belong to doesn't just want God to create to cause misunderstand between people about our universe RATHER God the Creator has revealed Himself to many people to let them know that He exists and He's the creator of all things.

if you agree with the creation story of the bible, then it is me who laughs at your ignorance... The bible in itself is a claim not EVIDENCE.. And also personal delusions are not enough proof for the existence of a deity
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 6:18am On Jan 27, 2015
Emusan:

if you agree with the creation story of the bible, then it is me who laughs at your ignorance... The bible in itself is a claim not EVIDENCE.. And also personal delusions are not enough proof for the existence of a deity
And you have to tell me why it has to be your God that creates not the hindus, muslim etc
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by LucemFerre: 9:50am On Jan 27, 2015
efficiencie:

So, what's your stand? Creator, no creator or agnosticism?
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by LucemFerre: 9:54am On Jan 27, 2015
Emusan:

There's a flip side to that coin...
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by efficiencie(m): 10:07am On Jan 27, 2015
manichukk56:

what is quantum fluctuation, this is the sudden appearance of energetic particles in vacuum.. Its been proven that in vacuum energtic particles can pop out of vacuum and disappear back into nothingness.. So before the singularity at a point these energetic particles would have collided together and keep getting bigger which might have lead to the bigbang, though there are other scientific theories prior to the big bang

Sir the bolded argument flies in the face of reason! accepting that those primordial particles could come into existence at one point and vanish at another, is dangerous don't you think! It means another universe could be forming somewhere else by accident! In addition if i'm to accept that space time started with the big bang then i must ask in what medium did this initial singularity exist...did it exist in space? How long did it take this singularity to build up from primitive particles? And if these questions are valid can be conclude that space-time existed before the big bang? If the last question is answered in the affirmative what must have resulted in space-time before the big bang? Would it be another big bang? I dey laff o cheesy
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by LucemFerre: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2015
Esiri111:

This IS Simple Logic.
CAUSE and Effect;

Bunch of "appeal to authority" but, don't worry about it, it's cool...

Great thinkers...? I'm about to be famous because that's B.S

Now, by implication you mean God is a non-matter (lol) and then you called it (God) "mind"
and mind is the non-physical property of the brain
So it's either God is a brain or a human
So, how can God be a brain or a human and still be immaterial at the same dmn time?

And again, "it was well established that the world has not existed forever?" Who the fu<|< is Dr. Jastrow and how old is he? As old as the universe? Please...

Don't get me wrong, I am not dismissing scientific claims of the bing bang and all. I'm against dismissing the claim of the possibility of an infinite universe.

There are 2 possibilities but, it is either the world is infinite or created itself. If any entity acquired the capability of being called God, it is also part of the universe.
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 27, 2015
Does a volcanic mountain need a creator? No!
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
efficiencie:

Sir the bolded argument flies in the face of reason! accepting that those primordial particles could come into existence at one point and vanish at another, is dangerous don't you think! It means another universe could be forming somewhere else by accident! In addition if i'm to accept that space time started with the big bang then i must ask in what medium did this initial singularity exist...did it exist in space? How long did it take this singularity to build up from primitive particles? And if these questions are valid can be conclude that space-time existed before the big bang? If the last question is answered in the affirmative what must have resulted in space-time before the big bang? Would it be another big bang? I dey laff o cheesy

first before i continue this interactive learning, i dim it best that you study a little quantum physics .. And yes another universe could be forming at this moment , there are theories on multiverses.. Also its been proven that energetic particles appear out of nothingness make your research... However spacetime cannot be formed before the universe, contemporary /classical physics and quantum physics has always had headon collisions with eachother hence the formation of the M-theory..finally we don't know everything yet we are just a speck in this vast universe but thats the joy in science the zeal to explore and research as a physicist i keep my mind open to the possibilities and not constraining myself to closedminded ideas
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
ifeness:

i like this illustration

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
ifeness:
phuck you homme!
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by macof(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
manichukk56:
True, what i can't wrap my head around is why people always want a god/deity to create ... What of if sub_quantum fluactuations was what caused our universe to appear

I don't know why some people don't think and pride themselves as atheist
Wat is a god
Wat is a creator

are they the same thing? no! a god is a mythical figure. A creator is an entity that creates
Simple!

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by efficiencie(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
manichukk56:

first before i continue this interactive learning, i dim it best that you study a little quantum physics .. And yes another universe could be forming at this moment , there are theories on multiverses.. 1 Also its been proven that energetic particles appear out of nothingness make your research... 2 However spacetime cannot be formed before the universe, contemporary /classical physics and quantum physics has always had headon collisions with eachother hence the formation of the M-theory. 3 .finally we don't know everything yet we are just a speck in this vast universe but thats the joy in science the zeal to explore and research as a physicist i keep my mind open to the possibilities and not constraining myself to closedminded ideas

Sir on ur comment 1, that's a theory! An empirically unfounded theory... if multiverses exist then i ask again what is the medium within which the multiverses exist? Or did they just hang out somewhere?

On ur comment 2, if particles can pop out of nothingness then the cause-effect life of science is dead here. if something A can come out of nothing φ then A∈φ and that's a mathematical contradiction. How are these magical particles formed? Are these particles observed within our universe? And if they are, is it possible for another big bang to start another universe within our universe!?

On ur comment 3, if space-time did not exist before the big bang then in what dimensions did the particles that formed the initial singularity exist?

your answers lead to more questions!

Sir science is neither stable nor reliable. It asks more questions than it can answer and when it answers all it gives are conjectures and hypotheses... Even Karl Popper acknowledges this by ascerting that 'science is a series of refutations and corroborations'...

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by mmsen: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
The Universe isn't in need of anything, it is people that need to create a purpose for themselves and some have resorted to making up or buying into myths for said purpose.

1 Like

Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by Emusan(m): 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
manichukk56:

And you have to tell me why it has to be your God that creates not the hindus, muslim etc

You keep exposing your ignorance...I can't just reply all your post because of what you quickly display here

Who talks about Genesis here?

This is your unintelligent point I replied to "...why people always want a god/deity to create ..." and my reply is so concise "Christianity which I belong to doesn't just want God to create to cause misunderstand between people about our universe RATHER God the Creator has revealed Himself to many people to let them know that He exists and He's the creator of all things."

Please can you tell me how your respond addressed my post?
Re: Does The Universe Need A Creator ? by manichukk56(m): 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
efficiencie:

Sir on ur comment 1, that's a theory! An empirically unfounded theory... if multiverses exist then i ask again what is the medium within which the multiverses exist? Or did they just hang out somewhere?

On ur comment 2, if particles can pop out of nothingness then the cause-effect life of science is dead here. if something A can come out of nothing φ then A∈φ and that's a mathematical contradiction. How are these magical particles formed? Are these particles observed within our universe? And if they are, is it possible for another big bang to start another universe within our universe!?

On ur comment 3, if space-time did not exist before the big bang then in what dimensions did the particles that formed the initial singularity exist?

your answers lead to more questions!

Sir science is neither stable nor reliable. It asks more questions than it can answer and when it answers all it gives are conjectures and hypotheses... Even Karl Popper acknowledges this by ascerting that 'science is a series of refutations and corroborations'...

i hope you know what a scientific theory is all about, now let me explain to you.. Its all about perspective, there is nothing like nothing, to the lay man nothing simply means without anything to physicists nothing is inherently unstable, meaning in nothing something can exist..in quantum vacuum virtual particles pop out and in of existence, you asked about time and space and i said it starts with the bigbang, but let me clarify for understanding time and space started with the bigbang inrespect to our perspective, i mean this particles that pop in and out of existence contain the bubble called spacetime,to us our universe is big but to those outside[if they exist, taking into cognizance that humans are imaginative creatures]our universe is tiny and could go back to nothingness in a second while to us it would take billions of years, its about the perspective and how we observe the observable universe.... You asked about a medium,there is no medium its nothing and i already explained what nothing means, you asked about how the particles are created, through fluctuations in quantum vacuum for you to understand this you must acknowledge that nothing is impossible, there is always something, matter destroying and creating themselves at the subatomic scale..

To a layman its best you say the universe came from nothing but to physicists the universe came from something, meaning there could be other universe popping in and out of existence as we speak

(1) (Reply)

Matthew 5:29 , YOUR WHOLE BODY In Hell ? / Incredible! See Prophet Who Sells ‘blood Of Jesus’ In Bottles / Beware!! An Eye Opener To The Christain Faithfuls!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.