Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

The Danger Of DIVORCE - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Danger Of DIVORCE (1054 Views)

“I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Danger Of DIVORCE by Vikkie14: 4:48am On Jan 26, 2015
Sticking with a bad marriage is better than going for a divorce.

Divorice generally creates more problems than it solves. That's especially true when kids are involved, since they on average become worse off educationally, financially, and psychologically, from the time their parents get divorced all the way into adulthood.
No matter how illogical this conclusion may seem to someone already embroiled in a difficult marriage, research findings indicate that "worst marriages showed the best turnarounds where couples were willing to perserve". Just because you're not getting along now doesn't mean that if you get divorced things will get better. And, it doesn't mean if you stay together things will get worse. The chances that they will get better are higher than the chances that they'll get worse.
Difficulties and Dissappointments in marriage could be liken to fluctuation in the Stock market. "Just because your investments are down last year doesn't mean that, over the next 30-years period, that you won't have huge gains". Too many people enter marriage with the thinking "it will meet all of their psycological needs, all of the time, but when it doesn't they are quickly disillusioned".

God has institutionalized marriage(joining together) and not divorce(separation).
When he made them, He made them 'man' and 'woman'.
Divorce is wrong and bad; it constitute and contribute greatly to the problems facing the community, states and nation as a whole as a result of "Broken homes" littering the country. The problems a broken home constitute to the nation are enormous ranging from thuggery, robbery, cultism, touting etc. Not all that have a broken home does the aforementioned but they constitute a large chunk of these. Getting divorced make the children derailed psycologically. Santity MUST be maintain in marriage.

Keep the Marriage vow!!!

1 Share

Re: The Danger Of DIVORCE by Mynd44: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2015
Sticking with a bad marriage can lead one of the parties to suicide, sexually transmitted infections, continuous physical violence etc. And eventually the kids will ask you "Why did you put us through the trauma of watching these happen?"

2 Likes

Re: The Danger Of DIVORCE by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 26, 2015
Gbam! @above....
In as much as God doesn't encourage divorce He sternly frowns against martial slavery and other diabolical acts which are often stick to the circle of a so-called holy matrimony.
Jumping to sign the divorce papers @the slightest blow on one's tolerance capability could be rash; besides, there are some marital issues that mere temporal separation would resolve.
What happened to the marriage vows when one party insensitively subject the other to slavery in disguise?....
It takes two to tango!....
Don't you think it would be more insane to be @the receiving end, laying vulnerable to all dangerous outcome of the other party's irresponsibility?...
One with a good head would do anything humanly possible to save his/her head in a crashing building....
I'm not advocating divorce neither am I endorsing the "suffering nd smiling method"; one should do what is best for him/her and most especially the kids.
If one decides to stay, fine! Be ready to be @ the receiving end; but if one decides to leave, pls do and make sure you don't return.
Mind you, physical environment also affects a child's psychological being.... A child who grows up in a room of injustice,violence,immoral practices often time sees life as a "world of his own" where his desires must be satisfied, his ego mustn't be challenged, his opinions must be held with greater esteem....
@Op, you wouldn't want that, would you?
Re: The Danger Of DIVORCE by Emmaxmusic(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well both seems to be right but.in order to avoid divorce let GOD Choose for you your Partner
Re: The Danger Of DIVORCE by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Emmaxmusic:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well both seems to be right but.in order to avoid divorce let GOD Choose for you your Partner

Lolzz, you actually thinking God will choose for u?

1 Like

Re: The Danger Of DIVORCE by JEITO: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2015
Emmaxmusic:
even if God chooses for you and you don't work out your marriage yourself, it still won't out.

Truth is: God hates divorce but when a marriage has gotten to the stage where one party is deliberately hurting the other through actions and all effort to reconcile it proved abortive. Or when life is at stake, then it is better both parties go their separate ways.

This is why it is important people take out time to test the waters before jumping in- that's what courtship is about.

Love shouldn't be the anchor upon which the marriage is hinged. As a man, I should be able to say what I'm adding to my partner's life and what she is adding to mine. Likewise her. With both parties understanding the reason for marriage, and the role of each couple in the life of the other, and committed to such, the marriage will work even if you chose your partner yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Is Open Marriage Likely to Succeed in Nigeria ?? ( Advice) / Wife's Philosophy For Men / Please Help!!!!!! Missing Person, Ikpechika( I.k) Nwana Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.