Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,240 members, 7,860,537 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View (856 Views)

Thousands Of Imolites Welcome Okorocha Back To Imo (pics) / Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2015
Am a female and they say females have no talk when it comes to politics.
They say we are good for the kitchen.
They say it is unwise to have a female as a leader.
Who are these "they" you may ask.
It is the masses.

Am an Imolite and I live in my state of origin,infact in my home town.so i have had many brushes with politics.

Imo is getting hot as election approach.
The question in every lip is 'rochas and ihedioha who will win?'.

Am not a soothsayer,i cant say who will emerge as the governor of Imo state come 2015 march. But what am certian of is that Rochas doesnt need to campaign for election,he is the name in every lip.
The ratio of vote for Rochas and Ihedioha should be 5:2
don't doubt me.
Rochas has done a lot and imolites believe that if he wins he would do more.

Well there are some oppositions about that issue,PDP members see rochas as a 'know it all' who switches from one political party to another.
Who knows..
He may one day end up in PDP
who can tell?
The main issue here is that PDP members are pointing hands at many unacomplished projects,especially the road that leads to isieke through dikenafai.

They dont want to admit that Rochas has been a source of help to imolites.
We have free education yes! But our children go to school and lizards teach them.
Well well,more is yet to come.

From your bird
~chinweblinkz~

1 Like

Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by kingphilip(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2015
no be Nigeria we de?
e no sure anybody say him go win or loose o till de announce d results

mostly people cheering on might not vote on election day thereby giving the other person an opportunity to cruise to government house

1 Like

Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Another term for 'politics' is 'give and get'.
You may wonder what it means,let me break it down to you.
Just yesterday my Dad was asking me if i have gone to process my voters card,i was like 'wetin i dey use am do kwanu'.
The old man was on my neck.
'you need that voters card to vote,your vote is your voice,even if you despise voting you can just do it for the money involved'.
I rolled my eyes 'popsy money is not everything' i remarked and quoted a verse in the bible.
'eh i know,but this is your share of the national cake'
i smacked my lips,national cake kee-national moi moi ni.
'you see,i know of a certian man who owns membership card of three various parties,he is the chiarman of his community in the first party,the treasurer and secetary in the other two respectively'
'what does he stand to get if not headache'i challenged.
'see this girl,do you know how much he is piling in his bank account,many people are like that,get your voters card,when election time comes you can do it for the money involve,i know many parties that are eager to have voters'
i shrugged my shoulder.

You see,bribery and corruption didnt began today,i was in my penultimate year in high school when the ex-governor of Imo state was campaigning for second term.
When things got to the climax,bribery was given.
One of my cousins came back with his pocket richer,he had been given one thousand naira when he voted for Ohakim.
Thats it....
Don't ask me if i had done likewise.
I wasnt up to 18 then,if I had been up to 18.
Waow.
Calculate what and what i can purchase with one thousand naira.

From your bird
~chinweblinkz~
Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by kingphilip(m): 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
I can't sell my conscience for whatsoever amount
Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
kingphilip:
I can't sell my conscience for whatsoever amount
hope most people are like you.
Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
We were in jeopardy when we got the news that chief Ikedi Ohakim would be contesting for 2015 election.
Tongues wagged and people made speculations.
Well well it was good riddance when he lost the primary Guber election.
We heaved a sigh of relief.
Going back to the memorly lane,he raised a scandal when his convoy beat a priest and stripped him of his clothes.
It was a pathetic sight to behold.
Well well,a black mass was held and that began the downfall of chief chief.
More to come.
From your bird
~chinweblinkz~
Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by kingphilip(m): 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
so Na the reason una just kick the guy out like dat
BTW it's all for the good of the masses
Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 29, 2015
Recently i was inside a bank in orlu local government area,while i was waiting to receive my own copy of the deposit slip i got engrossed in a conversation with a peciular young girl who had stardom written over her.
When she told me she wants to be famous.
I looked her all over.
Famous?
You could be famous for a good cause or in a bad cause.
Simply put: fame could be gotten either by good or bad actions.
For example we wouldnt have so much heard of osama bin landen if he hadnt been a terrorist.
Same goes to Gadaffi..if he hadnt refused to give up the leadership seat and caused so much stir up we wouldnt have heard of him.
We wouldnt have heard so much of chief ikedi ohakim if his convey hadnt beaten a catholic priest and led to the death of the priest.
True or false?

From your bird
~chinweblinkz~

1 Like

Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by UnknownT: 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
death of the priest? when did he die?
Re: Inside The Minds Of Imolites......a Bird's View by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
He died some weeks later after the incident

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Jonathan's Massive Transformation In The Critical Sectors / China To Buy More Crude Oil From Nigeria / Letter To President Jonathan By Niyi Osundare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.