Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

This Wife Needs Your Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Wife Needs Your Advice (1923 Views)

10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) / This Wife Needs Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Wife Needs Your Advice by Sweetmarriage: 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
Useful And Constructive Comments Only
This Woman Sent This To Us. (Unedited)

'Please post this for me as anonymous, with my identity hidden. I and my husband got married December 2014, and we are blessed with a beautiful daughter, i have never had any reason to doubt him or think that is cheating not until I noticed that he was going out with a lady whom he claimed that he only invited her to church to extend that this lady was sending nudes pictures to my husband, so confronted him at first he denied but he later apologise that it was the lady running after him, i forgave him and it all went like that,Recently he i noticed some changing in characters which are pure characteristics of a cheating husband,he started coming home late, like 2a.m and when is going out he will not even bother to tell me where he is going to he will just open the door and leave. One faithful Sunday we went to church for evening service that will last till 8. 30pm, after the service i and my daughter came home with one of neibours while he claimed that he wants to get to the mall.so when he came back he switch off his internet and slept off .something just spoke to my mind that I should check his phone of which I did immediately I on the phone some messages rolled in and the girl was saying ,you hurts me, and you are there with someone else who is romancing you and im here missing you. So I copied the phone number and dialed it on my phone and this happens to be a sister our church, i now reported him to one of his close friend and his uncles wife, though he didn't denied it but told them that the lady is his Co - worker at office, so today confronted this lady in question and she told me that it is my husband that is after her and that she will always welcome him anytime he comes to her, please let faithful men in this group advice me on how to go about it, because presently i hate my husband and don't i can cope with this his attitude . meanwhile he doesn't even behave as if something is wrong and doesn't care about how i feel which is one of the reason why I confronted the girl. Thanks please don't mind my grammatical error'

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Papalette/312263085651212?ref=br_tf
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by johnbuck81(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
prayer is da solution
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by Wendy80(f): 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
U got married Dec 2014? Just last month and all ds? Abi na typo?

Anyway back to topic, don't even know what ti say again, a man who's remorseful when caught cheating is easier to handle than one who act like it's his birthright.
Looks like he has passed the stage of 'talk to him.
If he has respect for your Pastor, talk to him about it(cos u have reported to his Aunt n Friend b4),since he's helping to grow church by inviting his GF to church.
Omo u need to protect Ur self against HIV n other STIS oh even if it means zipping up.
If u aint working, ds is d time to get busy, take care of ur self and child and keep praying he changes but if he keeps donating sperm outside better leave than die of STI or HBP.
Imagine d cheek of a girlfriend, welcoming a married man.#SMH

1 Like

Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by mutter(f): 5:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
The girlfriend is also monitoring your husband!
You both have a similar course so join forces and ward of all other girls/women grin

The woman has told you she does not give a damn if you know and that she will welcome him into her hands and legs any day.

The man has also made it clear to you that he does not care what you think about it and that he has no intention of stopping.

So you have two options.

One - get out if you can`stand the heat in the kitchen. All respect is lost.

or

two - accommodate the situation.

Which means you have to go into yourself realize where you went wrong.
Then you have to make amends. It takes humility and hard work to get back a man that is beginning to drift.
If you try doing all those things our mothers did in those days, he might probably come back to you.
That means being humble, submissive, obedient and also pleading with him ,at least not to treat you bad, even if he has someone else.

The option is yours!

Sometimes reading the writing on the wall, helps prevent such things.
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by anthoniaz(f): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
Since the so called sister is shameless, maybe you should tell your Pastor about it, he would know how to handle the situation as you all are in the same church.Meanwhile, continue praying.
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by mgbeketoto: 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
MTCHEEEEEEEEEEW!

1 Like

Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Come on, people. This story is obviously fake.

1 Like

Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by lastnogood(f): 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lol in your situation, it depends on what you want to do.

I'd report him to pastor and family again. Just to cover your bases.
If he still insists that everything is normal, then of course you should act normally as well.

But, since he's insisting on not being a good husband you can still provide the usual, food and clean home for him,but live your life girl. He doesn't want to treat you like a wife, so no need to treat him as a husband. You know room mate mindset...Have fun, at his expense/wallet though, buy new clothes, buy a car, go on vacation, have the time of your life. Just make sure the things these men require, aka food and home be taken care of.

If he dares complain, at least you fulfilled your part of the deal. Kept the house and kids in order, he's the one who set the tone as the man of the house. We all know that true leaders lead by example. So if he's not happy, he needs to pave the way!

1 Like

Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by ihedinobi2: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2015
I stopped reading at December 2014 and blessed with a beautiful daughter and already have problems.
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by 5minsmadness: 10:50am On Jan 28, 2015
so today confronted this lady in question and she told me that it is my husband that is after her and that she will always welcome him anytime he comes to her
I hope you realise this is a lie. The first thing a girl does when confronted especially if she is the one being chased by the man is to deny it outright but this woman is quick to tell you that even though your husband is the one after her that she will welcome him anytime he comes. What rubbish. I hope you at least gave her a dirty slap. And she is a church member /christian? Rubbish.

meanwhile he doesn't even behave as if something is wrong
I can only speak from personal experience. I have been falsely accused of cheating with another lady before(yes she sent me unsolicited nude pics which I never asked for) and the more I denied it the more my partner insisted, so in the end I simply ignored everything. If I tell you I'm not cheating then I'm not cheating, period. Waiting for me to come and start talking about an imaginary girlfriend outside as if its an issue irritates the hell outta me.

My take, give your husband the benefit of the doubt. After all, you are the one that knows him more than us. If he wasn't a womaniser before then why should he start now? Also in all your exploits the honest truth is you haven't yet caught him red-handed , it is still mostly circumstantial evidence. I.could be wrong but I know what it is like being falsely accused because you are male and everyone expects somehow that cos of that you should cheat. It's annoying.

2 Likes

Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by Lateralmaths(m): 11:41am On Jan 28, 2015
ihedinobi2:
I stopped reading at December 2014 and blessed with a beautiful daughter and already have problems.
me too. seems something was not right from the beginning.
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by chibic(m): 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
lastnogood:
Lol in your situation, it depends on what you want to do.

I'd report him to pastor and family again. Just to cover your bases.
If he still insists that everything is normal, then of course you should act normally as well.

But, since he's insisting on not being a good husband you can still provide the usual, food and clean home for him,but live your life girl. He doesn't want to treat you like a wife, so no need to treat him as a husband. You know room mate mindset...Have fun, at his expense/wallet though, buy new clothes, buy a car, go on vacation, have the time of your life. Just make sure the things these men require, aka food and home be taken care of.

If he dares complain, at least you fulfilled your part of the deal. Kept the house and kids in order, he's the one who set the tone as the man of the house. We all know that true leaders lead by example. So if he's not happy, he needs to pave the way!
you forgot to tell her to also get a boyfriend..because that's what women do these days..infact,its a norm right now.
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by Richy4(m): 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
I simply dislike it when someone due to the phase he/she is passing through decides to create a thread to pour his or her heart and seek for advice, and random people that sat in the comfort of their homes says it is fake.

even if it is fake, there are people whom might be passing through that same problem and the contributions on the thread might help. some might go as far as question what language the OP was typing. it is not really compulsory you must contribute. learn to hold your thought to yourself.

It is not everyone that knows how to give juicy details that is where you apply your common sense. and it is called reading between the lines. those that read literature in English will know what I'm talking about.

Besides what's so fake about this story
---is it that she omitted the fact she and the man has been living together longer before they got married in 2014? every day People does that
----is it that men do not cheat on their wife
----or that women do not go on their husband's phone for CIA reasons
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by obowunmi(m): 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
@OP your husband married you because of the daughter and not because he loves you.

1) stop sleeping with him
2) go for HIV/STI Test
3) leave him alone and let him enjoy himself
4) when you are tired, you will leave
5) manage his cheating ways until you have the strength to leave. The power is in your court.
Re: This Wife Needs Your Advice by Richy4(m): 1:30pm On Jan 28, 2015
In my humble opinion, I hated that status divorcee. if you like it, I guess it is enough ground to want out of that relationship. but if you want your marriage to work,

---I think you should focus on your kid. If you are working, give your best to it but if you are not look for one. that will occupy your time.

--Stay away from your man's phone. if not, it is the easiest develop high blood pressure.

--At least you must noticed some elderly person your husband respects and admire so much, some one that can do no wrong in his eyes. involve him on it.

--And in future, stop confronting other women over him. it is only insecure people that does that. you can only confront your husband if need be because she (the other woman)did not twist his arms that he must follow her. he is an adult he went on his own.

----please insist on protection during sex or you can refuse if he doesn't want to. anything he says he has changed, ask him to show you his lab test on stds/ HIV test or no sex.

(1) (Reply)

Life Issues Of Religion Differences / Advise Needed Regarding A Live-in Househelp / How To Win Your Husband's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.