Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics (2039 Views)

Lady Breastfeeds Her Child During Her Wedding Ceremony - Photos / 8-Month Pregnant Woman Dies One Month After Her Wedding (pics) / I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by bolliejay(m): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yasmin Eleby from Houston, Texas promised herself when she was much younger that if she hit 40 and wasn't married, she would marry herself. And so when she hit 40 recently and wasn't married and didn't even have a man, she kept that promise to herself. Yasmin threw herself a full wedding, complete with a candlelit ceremony.

She had her mum walk her down the aisle, and had her sister who is a minster, help her say vows, in a spiritual ceremony - because you can't legally marry yourself in America. Her other three sisters were her bridesmaid and her friends attended. The wedding took place at Huston Museum of African American Culture (HMAAC), on Saturday, January 3, 2015.

Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by bolliejay(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
More pics!!!

Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by 9jaforlife: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmm...

Maiden Name: Miss Yasmine Eleby
Husband's Name: Mrs Yasmine Eleby
Wife's Name: Mrs Yasmine Eleby

What if an interested man now comes along? Will she divorce herself to marry him

5 Likes

Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
She looks like queen Latifah Aldo fatter.

1 Like

Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Lol, nothing we wouldn't see grin
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chai! end time tinz!
see as all of them fat fat! undecided
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by samplegirl(f): 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
America!!!!!!!! na waa ooooo!!!!!!!!!
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by jamex93(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
when pastor said u may kiss ur bride who did she kiss
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by bolliejay(m): 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
jamex93:
when pastor said u may kiss ur bride who did she kiss
lol< her shadow l guess?
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
I hope she created a loooooong wedding gift list. cool

Happy married life! smiley

1 Like

Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by mutter(f): 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Okay men, put in your applications.
She might consider divorcing herself and marrying a man.

She is so pretty!
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by jamex93(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
bolliejay:

lol< her shadow l guess?

lwkmd
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by mgbeketoto: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
This is what I call a REAL FEMINIST! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
Countdown to divorce. I wonder how much she'll be awarded in alimony when the inevitable occurs.
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by lilmax(m): 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
cheesy
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by lilmax(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
I am a feminist i dont need a man to be happy.....gringringrin

More to come for feminists in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by missdebs(f): 6:57am On Jan 27, 2015
wont b surprised if this is legalised soon, after that marriage wt animals, objects etc
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by JEITO: 9:56am On Jan 27, 2015
Oyinbo repete grin grin
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by 5minsmadness: 10:07am On Jan 27, 2015
grin
@second pic, her mama be like, which kine mumu pikin I born so? grin
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by anthoniaz(f): 10:42am On Jan 27, 2015
Funny
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Agybabe(f): 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
This is an example of what we call "do it yourself". cheesy

Wonders shall never cease.
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
When my 44 yrs old auntie is still making 'enyanga' for her suitor? Na im desperation don push this one go marry herself.
America I hail ooo
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by pickabeau1: 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
5minsmadness:
grin
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by TV01(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
...I guess it's bad when they ask "WBDI...", but infinitely worse when nobody answers grin!

TV

**whose bish dis is?**
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by bukatyne(f): 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
Pretty big woman cheesy

Strange she thought we would not be married @ 40yrs when she was much more younger.

Crazy ceremony grin
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by bolliejay(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
5minsmadness:
grin
LOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by ArewaSweetheart(f): 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
bolliejay:
Yasmin Eleby from Houston, Texas promised herself when she was much younger that if she hit 40 and wasn't married, she would marry herself. And so when she hit 40 recently and wasn't married and didn't even have a man, she kept that promise to herself. Yasmin threw herself a full wedding, complete with a candlelit ceremony.

She had her mum walk her down the aisle, and had her sister who is a minster, help her say vows, in a spiritual ceremony - because you can't legally marry yourself in America. Her other three sisters were her bridesmaid and her friends attended. The wedding took place at Huston Museum of African American Culture (HMAAC), on Saturday, January 3, 2015.

HML to her
At least, she kept her word. cool
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Fkforyou(m): 10:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
She could have just imported one husband from Kenya....
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 28, 2015
Chie man business nor easy jare, see fine woman like this.

What that whole family needs is a brain transplant. How could they allowed such a thing?
Re: Woman Turns 40, Had No Man...and Decided To Marry Herself. See Her Wedding Pics by Maximus17(m): 5:42am On Jan 28, 2015
Wierdos

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My New Business Office Lively And Motivating ? / Happy Birthday Royalroy!!! / 8 Photos Of Your Kids You Shouldn’t Post On Social Media And Why!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.