Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution (640 Views)

FG Declares Monday And Tuesday Public Holidays For Eid-el-Kabir / FG Declares April 3, 6 Public Holidays For Easter / Current 43million PVC Distribution Analysis And Figures For 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution by maclatunji: 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
It is becoming obvious that there's a huge appetite amongst Nigerians for their Permanent Voter's Card (PVC) and many have not collected theirs.

FG should declare declare 2 days of holidays for the process to be more convenient for Nigerians is a viable and worthwhile idea that the Federal Government in conjunction with INEC should look into or what do you think?
Re: We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution by Atlantian: 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
The election should be shifted to April to enable every registered voters to collect their PVC. But the swearing-in MUST remain May 29th. As far as the swearing-in Date is not changed, I see nothing wrong in shifting election date.
Re: We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution by Tattooboy: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
dat wont happen. GEJ/JEGA got plans
Re: We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution by Truth24(m): 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
A day won't even be enough for everyone to get it
Re: We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution by kokosheen(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
Two days should be enough - Thursday, Friday and INEC officials to operate on the Saturday following it. This should allow those that have to travel get to the locations they registered in and maybe still want to vote there.
Re: We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution by fitzmayowa: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
INEC really messed up in handling the distribution of the PVC, the 2 days holiday would be helpful though, but I doubt if they would be able to completely distribute the PVC in those 2 days...

I would have suggested a shift in the elections maybe by a month, to ensure everyone gets his/her PVC...IMO
Re: We Need Special Holidays For PVC Distribution by Brightology2(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
I buy d idea

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / Atiku Abubakar’s Letter To President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 2011 / Happy New Month, Cleric Predicts Long Life For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.