Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla (927 Views)

Price Of Camry Engine(2001 Model) / Why Mechanics Hate 2003-2007 Corrolla / What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla by ekeochaeke: 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls guys i really need advice before i make a decision. I have a camry 99 v6 engine that i got in november last year. The car is clean and i do love it but my challenge is fuel economy. I want to swap it for a corrolla bank type as i have seen one but i really want to know if it is a wise move. Would the effect on fuel consumption be significant. I stay in ph where traffic is hence i spend more than i can manage on fuel and my job entails i move about.
Pls is it a smart move to make.
Re: Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla by ozzugworlee(m): 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
Well,my bros....to be honest with u...fuel consumption shouldn't be ur reason for d said swap....u got d car new,no issue with it...just u hve d normal mentality that V6 consumes higher...well....d dif bw V4 and V6 is nt much in fuel usage...I hve driven one and can testify to dat...well....is ur choice...if u hve d moni to spend, den go for d corolla...but if am in ur shoe, I will invest d moni in another venture....d two cars are good, and are almost in d same bridge . But dnt just swap just becos of mere consumption...what u lose in fuel...u get in strength

1 Like

Re: Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla by ekeochaeke: 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
Thanks man. Advise well noted. Pls any contrary views.
Re: Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla by abatically(m): 3:22am On Jan 27, 2015
ozzugworlee:
Well,my bros....to be honest with u...fuel consumption shouldn't be ur reason for d said swap....u got d car new,no issue with it...just u hve d normal mentality that V6 consumes higher...well....d dif bw V4 and V6 is nt much in fuel usage...I hve driven one and can testify to dat...well....is ur choice...if u hve d moni to spend, den go for d corolla...but if am in ur shoe, I will invest d moni in another venture....d two cars are good, and are almost in d same bridge . But dnt just swap just becos of mere consumption...what u lose in fuel...u get in strength

Difference in fuel economy between Camry v6 and Camry i4 might not be much, but the difference is there especially in city driving. However there is a HUGE difference in fuel economy between a Camry 3.0 v6 and corolla 1.8 i4 both in city and highway.

@op, if u think ur spending too much on fuel with the Camry, get the corolla, u will notice a huge difference especially since ur always driving in traffic. That is of course if u don't mind the small size and less power.
Re: Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2015
ekeochaeke:
Pls guys i really need advice before i make a decision. I have a camry 99 v6 engine that i got in november last year. The car is clean and i do love it but my challenge is fuel economy. I want to swap it for a corrolla bank type as i have seen one but i really want to know if it is a wise move. Would the effect on fuel consumption be significant. I stay in ph where traffic is hence i spend more than i can manage on fuel and my job entails i move about.
Pls is it a smart move to make.

Swap it if you live in lagos, ph, or any traffic infested city, you could save as much as 1k a day=25k a month = over 250k a year.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla by ekeochaeke: 10:24am On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks guys. It really is a hard choice to make. Cos sometimes the devil you knw could be better than the angel you do not know. But i am noting down points.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Explain This SCAN CODES !!! / A Ride With Diamond Eyes: The First Arab Supercar / Toyota Solara 2001 Engine Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.