Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic (1136 Views)

Eod 2004 V6 AC Fixed With N80,000 / See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / Advice On Swap Of Camry 99 V6 To Corrolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by abidemidare: 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
I had a very terrible experience last nite when my EOD 2004 V6 was stopped working like 10 times inside traffic, and start working after 2minuates, but I managed taken it home, I called my mechanic, he asked me to check the radiator which I did, the radiator was ok. We discovered this morning that the head of battery (positive) that connected to Hart was loose,my mechanic said that was the caused, he said there's nothing wrong with the engineer. has anyone had such experienced? Please I need your advice.

Thank you
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by abidemidare: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2015
Gurus in the house pls I need ur advice.
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by DECOtech(m): 8:49am On Mar 20, 2015
Though a loosened earth cable can cause it. No one would know for sure unless you scan the car.
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by femi4: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2015
abidemidare:
I had a very terrible experience last nite when my EOD 2004 V6 was stopped working like 10 times inside traffic, and start working after 2minuates, but I managed taken it home, I called my mechanic, he asked me to check the radiator which I did, the radiator was ok. We discovered this morning that the head of battery (positive) that connected to Hart was loose,my mechanic said that was the caused, he said there's nothing wrong with the engineer. has anyone had such experienced? Please I need your advice.

Thank you
Scrape both terminals to remove any debris with screwdriver and wash with water. Then, reconnect the terminals with the positive terminal first then the negative tighten thoroughly.
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
abidemidare:

Thank you

Your vehicle should be able to run properly without a battery connected (not advice able) if for any reason it rough idles or misfires then there's a problem, it could be anything, but what it is not is a battery fault.

A scan might pinpoint the culprit, also good old trouble shooting after a scan will be invaluable.

If in lagos call 08023251039
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by cocoduck: 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
first of all clean the battery leads the connect and thighten them well, then swith on the headlamps and Ac and the engine and use a DVOM to check the voltage, if it is below 13v then service the alternator, if itis higher than 13 volts then it there is a random misfire just run a scan to pinpoint the cause
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by abidemidare: 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Thanks all, I drove the car today and I was hooked up in a traffic this evening that lasted for like 3hrs+, it didn't do such, I was thinking maybe bcus of today's weather(raining). I will still observe it and get back to u guys. Thanks once again.
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by dasphinx1(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
OP, please change your mechanic, he is the perfect definition of "Hakeem" undecided
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by lonelydora: 11:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
I cant comprehend what you actually said. Your car (or something) stopped working and all your Kazeem mechanic asked you to check is your radiator? Smh for your mechanic.
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by Godswill003: 12:15am On Apr 06, 2015
change the fuel pump.
Re: What Can Cause Honda EOD 2004 V6 To Stop Like 10 Times Inside Traffic by domack99(m): 7:20am On Apr 06, 2015
Please change that your Mechanic, if the battery can kick start the car, not a battery fault to stall a car. There are other reason why a vehicle might stop running after ignition, vacuum, misfiring, plug fuel filter, bad fuel pump etc.

Need to tell us more on the car behavior before stalling

(1) (Reply)

My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!! / Can Police Officer Arrest Me If I Don't Have... / Is It Advisable To Order A Car On Http://www.monsterexport.uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.