Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus (11300 Views)

Allcall Bro Unboxing And Review: The Most Affordable Dual Camera Android Phone. / Tecno Camon CX Unboxing And Quick Review / My Review Of Meizu Mx4 Pro. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]1. Retail package[/size]

The Meizu MX4, comes in an

1 x Elaborate retail box,
1 x A/C adapter (2A),
1 x USB cable and
perhaps headphones (there's a dedicated compartment but it was empty in my case), and the device itself, in a separate book-like folder.

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]2. Meizu MX4 review – Design and build[/size]

The Meizu MX4 is made off the new aircraft grade alloy for it’s chassis. This goes to say the Meizu MX4 is Lighter. Its also has a screen made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection, with a minimal lovely bezels embedding the single halo Home button.

****Images Here about body Build ******
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]3. Meizu MX4 Review – Camera
[/size]
This is the Bomb. The Meizu Mx4 has a

1. Rear / Back Camera of 20.7 Mega-pixel (Sony Exmor sensor. same found on flagship sony Xperia devices ).

2. Front Facing Camera of 5Mpx

3. Aperture 1.8

I do like the image quality and the fact that I can increase the amount of content in my photos by switching to the 20 mega-pixel setting.

I am also really impressed with the clarity of the photos, accuracy of colours, shadows and light, slow motion video, face beauty, HDR, refocus mode, night mode and a very in-depth manual setting

Below is a picture of Nestle milk i bought from China together with the phone. I used the Meizu to take a pic of the Nestle milk. Usung Back camera at night. While the picture of the car was taken at evening around 7pm. Note i had to resize the image to around 2mb

1 Share

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]4. Meizu Mx4 - Display [/size]

Meizu don’t like to follow the norm when it comes to screen size, ratio and dimensions. The MX4 continues this tradition with a

1. 5.36-inch JDI panel with a FHD resolution of 1920 x 1152,
2. new Nega liquid crystal technology,
3. LED backlight module,
4. Gorilla glass 3 Screen,
5. 418PPI.
6. Contrast ratio of 1100:1, the new LED backlight offers brightness of up to 500cd/m, an NTSC colour gamut is up by 85%. All this goes to say that the display on the MX4 is bright, responsive and extremely clear.
7. 2.6mm bezel on either side.

Viewing media and general web browsing is really gorgeous. Watching movies in the dark, looks like the image is floating in the air thanks to those minute bezels.

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]5. Meizu MX4 review – Battery[/size]

The Meizu Mx4 has a battery capacity of 3100mAh battery.

It has a removable rear panel However the battery is non removable.

This is quite large and I have been getting at least 1 day and a half of use out of it on average since I got the phone. I have been running the screen on moderate brightness, with GPS , WIFI, DATA disabled when not in use. I look at the settings now I have been using the phone for _________ (time ) , I have __% of battery left and I have been doing the following on the phone _________ (games, songs , etc). So I would say pretty heavy use.

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Joshkid(m): 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ymodulus:

[size=14pt]5. Meizu MX4 review – Battery[/size]

The Meizu Mx4 has a battery capacity of 3100mAh battery.

It has a removable rear panel However the battery is non removable.

This is quite large and I have been getting at least 1 day and a half of use out of it on average since I got the phone. I have been running the screen on moderate brightness, with GPS , WIFI, DATA disabled when not in use. I look at the settings now I have been using the phone for _________ (time ) , I have __% of battery left and I have been doing the following on the phone _________ (games, songs , etc). So I would say pretty heavy use.
Hw much does it cost..??
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]6. Meizu MX4 review – GPS and connectivity[/size]

One of the main concerns with anyone buying a Chinese phone with a Mediatek processor is just how good the GPS will be. Well that is not a concern with the Mx4. Having tested this phone, the GPS locks on in around 3 seconds and stays locked on.

Running GPS test in the living room the MX4 managed to see 23 satellites and use 12 of them for an accuracy of 17feet, INSIDE! That’s something that no other Mediatek phone tested so far can match. Navigation and getting around the city is all good too, maybe not quite as fast to update as a Snapdragon 801 but not far behind.
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]7. Meizu MX4 review – Performance[/size]

Interestingly a Mediatek processor was used rather than a Samsung chip which has made its way in to every other Meizu device to date. Going for the Mediatek chip has meant that the price is lower than ever, in fact the cheapest Meizu at launch to date, but has the shift meant that performance has taken a dive?

The MX4 is the first phone to be released with the Mediatek MT6595 chipset.

It comes witha 2.2Ghz Processor, 2GB RAM on board and the GPU is a powerful PowerVR series 6 unit.

**** ANTUTU BENCHMARK ***

Running popular benchmarks on the phone resulted in an Antutu score of over 50,000 points, but as we know now Antutu isn’t everything. 3D Mark running an Ice Storm Unlimited test gave a result of 11,285 which is truly amazing for a Mediatek powered phone and well up there against Snapdragon processors.

Meizu MX4 Benchmark Results:

Antutu X: 50,338
Ice Storm Unlimited: 11,285
Ice Storm Extreme: 7,161
Nenamark 2: 60.7fps
Quadrant: 9,852

So day use and benchmarks are impressive, so how does the MX4 handle gaming? Well drifting around car parks in Real Drift was a breeze for the Meizu, and it even handled the 3D intros easily too, something which no other Mediatek chip so far was able to do. Blasting zombies in Dead Trigger didn’t even raise the Meizu MX4’s pulse. In fact gaming is so smooth and fast across the large screen of the mx4
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
this picture was taken with the front camera of the Phone.

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]8. Meizu MX4 Review – Audio
[/size]
Meizu were originally an MP3 maker and known for their quality audio experience. Ever since they entered the smartphone market they have always gone that extra mile to give great quality audio. Audio through the MX4’s external speak is clear and unbelievably loud! And with earphones plugged in you get a real treat. Sound quality is sublime and better than the one plus one ( not exaggerating tested and confirmed)

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by OGeeKush(m): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
price
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
[size=14pt]9. Operating System / ROM (Inbuilt Memory )[/size]

The Meizu Mx4 runs on

1. Flyme 4.1 Os ( Customized rom based on Android 4.4 )
2. 2GB Ram , 16GB or 32 GB Rom (Inbuilt memory)

Meizu Comes with a customized Rom, nice, simple looking. So now i can say bye to Stock Rom. Note the customized ROM is so simple and a change of defaults Icons and Images. Meaning it still runs extremely fast

Future Updates. Meizu wins in this aspect. Meizu have a track record of releasing updates for all their phones. Example is the Meizu Mx2 (launched 2012), Meizu Mxc3( Launched 2013) etc. They all have Updates from Via OTA. Interestingly. Meizu boss has shown the world via his account that Meizu MX4 will get an android Lollipop Update. Hah!! !! This to me is a plus and one of the reason i dropped the IUNI U3

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
screenshots

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by drnonny: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
HOW MUCH?
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by chuksbogus: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
what's the price?
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by maxdozie(m): 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
No SD card slot!!!!
Non removable Battery

Apart from this two Issue... its a Very nice Phone.....
Good product bro...
I like the Wideness if the Screen up to its Edge

1 Like

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by music101: 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
nothing special. all na preorder hussle!!

3 Likes

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
woow...

great features...

only the mega pixel self don scarta my brain....

mx4....

wats d price

p.darlings
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by aieromon(m): 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
Lovely review.
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmmmmm. Well this is not my first super duper phone. Last year 2014 having used 9 phones from

Lg pro TO tecno Phantom a+ TO blackberry Z10 to Gionee E3 TO ipad 4 to elephone p2000 TO umi c1 / Elephone g5 (reviewing it here on Nl) TO iphone 5s .

This year i want to reduce the number of gadgets and as such i needed a flagship phone that wud last me a long period of time as i had a bad habit of using phones barely 3months after which they are damaged or i sell them to get new one.

Now i cited the above because even after spending #65000 on this phone i still have some regrets and encouragements. Lets go through them

CONS/b]

1. No Fm RADIO

well most flagship phones like the Samsung Gs4 and above do not have Fm radios, even the Iphone does not have a radio or the nexus 5 and above. It is a wide belief that radio is for emerging developing countries. Well for me. I cant do without radio. Bu t i have to cope by using my small torch light phone. I never look at thia before i bought the phone.

2. No Space for external memory card
I dont use memory card as most phones i have used in paast come with a 16gb memory inbuilt which is more than enough for me. However i love external back up at times. But this is not a problem to me.

3. One - sim card only.
This was not an easy choice for me but i had to accept this.

[b]PROS

1. 1080Pixel :
Similar or close to 2k screen. Lets face it one can hardly decipher the difference between a 2k screen and 1080pixel with the naked eyes.

2. Future Update
Meizu have a proven track of always providing future update for her phones, prove is the meizu mx2 , mx3 and mx4 ( lollipop update to be released soon confirmed by jack weng head of meizu ).
This issue of update and support made me go for this phone to the IUNI U3. ELSE i wud have gone for the iuni u3. I was also scared of Iuni u3 battery, it runs a 2k screen on such meagre battery. Oooops. I ratherstop here before the fans attack me.

3. Camera

4. Mt6595 processor

I wanted to have a feel of this processor. This processor is a high end processoe which us at par with the snapdragon 800. Gpu relatively new should perform better than the Adreno 300 Power vrg6400 except the it aint better than the BEAST OF THE BEAST ( TEGRA K1 ).

CONCLUSION

THE MEIZU MX4 at the cost of N65,000 with its above spec is good phone for value but too expensive ( i have to be honest)

Let me see how it will go am timing the JIAYU S3 3GB RAM VERSION NEXT.

Also next week i will give a review of the ULEPHONE BE PRO
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
oo less i fo rget the phone comes with a 4G network.

I havent tested it yet. But i will surely do next upper week when i go for visitation out. And i will update my experience. Another great future is that it support. Complete. Wireless band of A/b/g/n. Ab. Gosh if you happen to work or find yourself in environments where fibre optics cable are used to served internet connection then you will understand the importance of the full class. Also if you are a programmer and need to test your web apps via shared wifi.

Also windows 10 have a great future for full class band wifi. Am off.

Thank you all.

from the meizu family i say

Adieu

1 Like

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 12:05am On Jan 27, 2015
i just checked for OTA Updates and i fo und out that an update version of the ROM has been pushed. Just dont want to upgrade now. As i have no data to burn.

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by estheroye: 12:31am On Jan 27, 2015
Ymodulus, pls i really need to discuss with U urgently, will appreciate if u can accept my BBM request or drop ur number for me.

Thanks
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 12:51am On Jan 27, 2015
estheroye:
Ymodulus, pls i really need to discuss with U urgently, will appreciate if u can accept my BBM request or drop ur number for me.

Thanks

Check your email box i replied your pm just now. Do not store that email as it is an auto destruct mail. It becomes invalid wonce the email is open. So just copy my no and call me only. Thanks ma
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 6:07am On Jan 27, 2015
Antutu benchmark. I carried out
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 6:20am On Jan 27, 2015
in andriod 5 also know ad lollipop. Google introduced what is known as guest mode. Well am suprise as phone is runnung guest mode or user mode without lollipop.

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Acidosis(m): 6:41am On Jan 27, 2015
An above average MTK device without a fingerprint scanner, 4G, water or dust resistance feature, some special or smart features @65k is way too expensive.

Why choose a meizu over a Samsung, HTC, LG, Xperia?
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Ymodulus: 6:44am On Jan 27, 2015
Acidosis:
An above average MTK device without finger print scanner, no water or dust resistance feature, no special or smart feature @65k is way too expensive.

Why choose a meizu over a Samsung, HTC, LG, Xperia?

When you Talk of smart feature what do you mean? Gesturr s and like? I want to be sure as phone have gestures motion , eye ...

Also the hike im price is due to the dollar increase. I paid when the dollar was nearl #195 to $1

I really dont like a any of the device you named above.
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Acidosis(m): 6:54am On Jan 27, 2015
Ymodulus:

When you Talk of smart feature what do you mean? Gesturr s and like? I want to be sure as phone have gestures motion , eye ...

Also the hike im price is due to the dollar increase. I paid when the dollar was nearl #195 to $1

I really dont like a any of the device you named above.
hmm

Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Acidosis(m): 6:57am On Jan 27, 2015
hovering means "without touching the screen"
Re: Unboxing And Review Of The Meizu Mx4 By Ymodulus by Acidosis(m): 7:14am On Jan 27, 2015
more gestures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Net Neutrality: US Government Is Trying To Destroy Net Neutrality / Gionee, Tecno. The Rise Of Chinese Brands In Nigeria / Free Pc/laptop Internet Browsing- Glo Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.