Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) (12230 Views)

Poll: Is it Right that President Yar Adua govt promote mostly Northerner

Yes: 38% (5 votes)
No: 61% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Thugs In Army Uniform Attack APC Members, Kidnap 4 (Pics) / Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 2:12am On Dec 25, 2008
Yar Adua govt promote 8 northerner to General in army 4 southerner  (67%)

Of the 12 army general promoted 8 are from the north.
Maj-General SU Abdulkadir,
Maj-General AM Jibril,
Major General Sarkin Yakin Bello,
Maj-General AU Dambatta.
Maj-General Bala Usara,
Major-General BM.  Mongunu,
Maj-General BB Adingih,
Maj-General AK Amao,
Maj-General BC Azurumwa
Major-General Essien Bassey
Major-General CE Airhiavbere,

Do not forget that this man in this Youtube video was Yar Adua fathers friend and a mentor to Yar Adua fathers,  And also Yar Adua father served in his party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jvmwd5ZRRM
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by bawomolo(m): 2:16am On Dec 25, 2008
and how does that affect the price of Garri for market?
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Muza(m): 2:37am On Dec 25, 2008
bawomolo:

and how does that affect the price of Garri for market?

Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Uche2005: 4:16am On Dec 25, 2008
chicago prostitutes go get life
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Uche2005: 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2008
What is the reason they were promoted. and why are they oyi awusa,
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Uche2005: 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2008
no one answer my question
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Jairzinho(m): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2008
Uche2005:

What is the reason they were promoted. and why are they oyi awusa,
Uche2005:

no one answer my question
Becos you're oyi Ibo ! grin grin grin
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2008
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by liray: 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2008
I will deliver in 2009, says Yar’Adua

Yar'adua promises to deliver come 2009 despite his poor health condition we wish him the very best in the new year.
http://www.sedocaonline.com
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2008
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by dayokanu(m): 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2008
Have you checked the proportion of Hausas in Military to Southerners before screaming out
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2008
yes. same old sorry minority want to force themself over majority.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On Dec 26, 2008
Northerners are the majority in the army. Just like Southerners are the majority in the private sector
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Jairzinho(m): 12:20am On Dec 26, 2008
Same old stories. 48 years old and still crawling !!!

Its all part of the Emirs' game plan. my concern as always is this: when will we move forward? cry cry cry cry
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 12:49am On Dec 26, 2008
kanu, northerner are not the majority in the army. do you have a prove. if you live in the barrack before you would know. they only thing is that they never promote the southerner to officer level , that why it looks like the north are majority to you.

YOU only know those in the news,  that why you made the statement. but i can tell you. the south is more than the north in the nigeria army and air force, navy or the police. the south is more.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by dayokanu(m): 2:46am On Dec 26, 2008
Becomerich,

I doubt your claims.

I lived in the North before and because most of them dont go to school after secondary, they join the Army en masse.

In one local govt in Plateau Lang Tang we have like 11 Generals,remeber Domkat Bali, JT Useni, Kohn Shagaya etc. and Hundreds of colonel probably more than some South western states In my family (Yoruba) we dont have anyone in the army whilst we have lots of Uni graduates.

How many peple in your family are military men? Compare that to an average family In Southern Kaduna, Plateau or Nasarawa
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 3:19am On Dec 26, 2008
You forget in nigeria it is who you know and your tribe that determines promotion in the army. That why. most of the people in the army  that they promote are northerner , while are mostly southern are majority. They just don't get promoted. I don't want to post my fact online for security reason. Southerner have always been more than northerner in all force even in the police.

The north just promote their people. You need to live in the barrack to know what is going on. Call a barrack person you know and ask.

If you find out there are better officer than this one Yar Adua promoted in the army. Do a research? it is just discrimination.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 1:55am On Dec 28, 2008
Kanu, how long have you lived abroad?
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Jarus(m): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2008
@Dayo,
Where did you live in the North? For how many years? I can recall faintly coming across a post by you in Hausa on this NL. . . . .just curious

@topic
I think northerners have always been the majority in Nigerian Military(Soldier in particular) for decades.
Langstang, as Dayo rightly mentioned, has produced more Generals than any other town in Nigeria. Next to Langtang is Zuru, another northern town in Kebbi state. That small town produced Generals Musa Bamaiyi,Ishaya Bamaiyi,Muhammadu Magoro,Sani Sami and many others I can't recall now. In fact their Emir is a retired General.

By the way, has there been any outcry that these people don't deserve the promotion?
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Pennywise(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2008
It is no exaggeration to say that Yaradua is president for North Nigeria. You can clearly tell in all his appointments and promotions in and out of the military. Yaradul and his people are determined to correct the ills of Obasanjo who dared to bring commonsense and regional sensitivity into appointments and promotions. They would rather things remain the way they have been since the military era when his brothers in uniform dominated the affairs of state. You will notice that whenever there is a percieved dominance by southerners in areas (even) where they lack competence they are quick to invoke quota system.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Jarus(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2008
Pennywise:

It is no exaggeration to say that Yaradua is president for North Nigeria. You can clearly tell in all his appointments and promotions in and out of the military. Yaradul and his people are determined to correct the ills of Obasanjo who dared to bring commonsense and regional sensitivity into appointments and promotions. They would rather things remain the way they have been since the military era when his brothers in uniform dominated the affairs of state. You will notice that whenever there is a percieved dominance by southerners in areas (even) where they lack competence they are quick to invoke quota system.
This is OBJ's greatest doing while in government. He never discriminated. 90% of the so-called OBJ's boys are non-Yoruba(El-Rufai,Dora,Ribadu,Soludo etc)
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by maxsiollun: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2008
The middle belt areas of the north like Plateau, Tiv, Igala, Idoma and Zaria axis produce the bulk of the army's infantry. The current Chief of Army Staff Lt-Gen Dambazau and former Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Staff Gen Martin Luther Agwai is also part of the Zaria-Kaduna axis.

To understand just how much these areas dominate the military. Look at the following list of officers from that area:

Domkat Bali, Jerry Useni, Joshua Dogonyaro, Joe Garba, John Shagaya, Yakubu Rimdan, Bernard Banfa are all from Langtang (just ONE town!).

Then you add Danjuma, Malu, Akahan, David Mark, Gowon, Martin Adamu, Bisalla, who are all from the middle belt too.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2008
Should that not be funny, On satellite picture of nigeria more than 33% of the houses in Nigeria are in the south west. And the south have more people in the army, the north only promote its self, just like you just seen happen.

In nigeria from satellite pictures. there are 81 cities that should have estimated population of 350,000 to 400,000 and above population , You have . please check the satellite picture yourself.

South West : Lagos , Abeokuta, Ijebu ode, Ijebu Igbo, Sagamu, Abeokuta, Ota, Ikorodu,Ondo, Akure, Owo, ore, Okitipupa, Ibadan,oyo, Ede, Ogbomoso, Ikare Akoko Iseyin, Saki, Keshi, Erewa, Osogbo, Ife, Ilesha, Ikiru, Ikire,Iwo, Ado Ekiti, Ikere Ekiti == 30 (37.03%)

South south : Benin, Auchi(Jatto), uromi, Ekpoma,Argbo, warri, sepele, Asaba,Ugelli,Yenago, Port Harcourt,Uyo,Eket, Calabar = 14 ( 17.28%)

South East: Aba,Owerri,Nnewi, Onitsha,Abakalili, Enugu, Umuhia, Akwa = 8 (9.87%)

Middle Belt: Ilorin, Ofa, kabba, Okene, lokoja, Idah,Oturpo,Markudi, Gboko,Jalingo, Yola, Mubi, ,jos, Minna, Bida, Abuja = 16 (19.75%)

Far North : Maiduguri, Potisum, Kaduna, Gombe, Azare, Bauchi, kano, zaria, sokoto, gozua,Kebbi, futua, Katsina = 13 (16.05%)

If you now remove the the cities in the western Niger of Nigeria( i mean west of the river niger) 9 from the south south and 5 from the middle and you add them to the western Niger of Nigeria ,

From the total of 81 cities

9 + 5 + 30 = 44 cities (54.32% of Nigeria)

South against north 64.197% for the south , 35% for the north
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2009
Max, if you are right, please explain to the whole world why northerner become generals at 30 some years and southerner become general at their late 40 to 50 . And don't forget that Musa Yar adua retired at 34 years as a General of the nigeria army. Please explain,  If you believe it is not based on bias promotion.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by Charlesmud(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2009
And una talk say we no go or make we no separate Nigeria, mostly for Yorubas to exclude from Nigeria ?

Una dey joke, God self go happy if we split with from this rubbish.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2009
Since the overthrow of General Gowon in 1975, there have been 16 Chiefs of Army Staff. All but 3 of these 16 have been northerners. The three southerners to hold the post (Lt-General Alani Akinrinade(yoruba), General Alexander Ogomudia(uhrobo) and General Andrew Owoye Azazi)(ijaw) were all appointed by Obasanjo.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2009
max answer my question.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by maxsiollun: 12:29am On Jan 06, 2009
You already know the answer since you are fond of copying my posts from other forums:

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/22473-chief-army-staff.html

BecomeRich:

Since the overthrow of General Gowon in 1975, there have been 16 Chiefs of Army Staff. All but 3 of these 16 have been northerners. The three southerners to hold the post (Lt-General Alani Akinrinade(yoruba), General Alexander Ogomudia(uhrobo) and General Andrew Owoye Azazi)(ijaw) were all appointed by Obasanjo.

BecomeRich:

max answer my question.

Like I told you before, this is a disingenuous question. You know full well that until 1999, all the four star Generals in the history of the Nigerian army were appointed based on their participation in coup plots or military regimes. The Generals (or equivalent rank in other forces) produced by the Nigerian military prior to the restoration of democracy in 1999 are:

General Gowon
General Muhammed
General Obasanjo
General Babangida
General Abacha
General Bali
Admiral Aikhomu
Admiral Nyako (the current Adamawa Gov)

Since 1999 the only other officers appointed to four star General are:

Admiral Ibrahim Ogohi
General Alexander Ogomudia
General Martin Luther Agwai
General Owoye Andrew Azazi
Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike

Ironically all the above (post 1999) were promoted to their ranks by the much maligned OBJ, who was keen to show military officers that they did not have to be coup plotters in order to become Generals.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 2:32am On Jan 06, 2009
And all of this men that obasanjo promoted , is any a yorubaman, the answer is no. they were not. but you find only people from his ethnics group now be promoted. Look I know how aso rock like to defend issue, if they were confident of the promotion there would have issue famour reply . But because they know new fact would surface, they kept quiet , so that may be it would go away. did obasanjo pick a yoruba as army chief, no. did yar adua, pick his people yes, this is where the problem. the one obasanjo pick are ijaw, igbo,uhrobo, kaduna man, benue man or kogi man, no single yorubaman.

The men listed were not appointed base on coup. Was Musa Yar Adua even involve in a coup in his life? Answer is No. he retired a general at 34. What Gowon ever involve in a coup in his life? Answer is NO. even all of this officer had senior officer from the south . who the army refused to promote.

look even northerner are know to plan coup, the more northerner Yar adua promote, the more coup plotter ? that is a joke. but by the end of the day. we know how they would kill him . no be northener, they alway kill thier self for power. there is no you be my brother when it comes to power by northerner. orkar coup was about unfair promotion too.

Even the present Chief of Army had senior officer above him, what happen to them can you tell?

nigeria army promotion are not based on merit. You see we live abroad and we experience all form of racism, but do you know what , Even with this racism have you ask why Nigerian have refused to come back home? you see even by the end of the day, you consider racism to tribalism, and you know you are better of abroad. at least if jos was abroad, nobody would come and kill you and your children. I know if the southern nigeria army officers where under an apathied govt they would be better treated than been in the nigeria army. while Northerner are only promoted.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by maxsiollun: 5:47am On Jan 06, 2009
FYI - Shehu Musa Yar'Adua WAS involved in two coup plots. He was involved of the planning of the July 1966 coup and was one of the core executors and arrowheads of the July 1975 coup.  Read Joe Garba's Revolution in Nigeria, and Diplomatic Soldiering, for details of his involvement.

He was a Lt-Col in the regime of Murtala Muhammed. When Muhammed was assasinated in Feb 1976, Yar'Adua was promoted from Lt-Colonel to Brigadier and appointed Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters in succession to Lt-Gen Obasanjo who became the new head of state in succession to Murtala. Yar'Adua was again later promoted to Maj-Gen.

BecomeRich:

The men listed were not appointed base on coup. Was Musa Yar Adua even involve in a coup in his life?  Answer is No. he retired a general at 34. What Gowon ever involve in a coup in his life? Answer is NO. even all of this officer had senior officer from the south . who the army refused to promote.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by BecomeRich: 5:56am On Jan 06, 2009
i have never heard of that before. That is a lie. in 1966 Yar adua was only 21 years old, and i am not sure if he as join the army. so author or you is telling a lie.

but here is my question,  list the profile of the 8 northerner promoted , what time they enlist and other officer of southern origin that are serving and we would see the injustice. I know you have a military root or are still in the military, from reading your article. list,  I have google. I can't find a prove that they went for even common peace keeping. how did they merit their promotion apart from man know man.
Re: Yar Adua Promote 8 Northerner To General In Army 4 Southerner (67%) by maxsiollun: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2009
Before you start saying it is a "lie", please read and research your statements before making them. Here are the facts on Shehu Musa Yar'Adua:

1) In July 1966 Shehu Musa Yar'Adua was 23 years old, not 21. Yar'Adua was born in 1943!  He was commissioned into the army in 1964 [/b]after training at the elite Sandhurst Royal Military Academy in England. If you don't believe me read his profile at:

http://www.africansuccess.org/visuFiche.php?id=268&lang=en

2) [b]Yar'Adua's own biography admits he was one of the July 1966 coup plotters.
Unless you think his own biography is telling lies too. FYI the books Revolution in Nigeria, and Diplomatic Soldiering were written by Maj-Gen Joe Garba. Do you know who Joe Garba is? He was Nigeria's former foreign minister, Gowon's former Brigade of Guards commander and the guy who announced the coup that overthrew Gowon. He was a close associate of Yar'Adua and knew and worked with the men who executed the July 1966 and July 1975 coups. Do you honestly think Garba would falsely accuse his own friend of executing a coup?  Why do you think Yar'Adua was appointed Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters were Murtala was killed?  It is because he was one of the spearheads of the coup that brought Murtala to power!  He leapfrogged several officers to become OBJ's deputy!

I will soon start charging for these free history lessons!  :-)

BecomeRich:

i have never heard of that before.   [b]That is a lie. in 1966 Yar adua was only 21 years old,  and i am not sure if he as join the army. [/b]so author or you is telling a lie.

but here is my question,  list the profile of the 8 northerner promoted , what time they enlist and other officer of southern origin that are serving and we would see the injustice. I know you have a military root or are still in the military, from reading your article. list,  I have google. I can't find a prove that they went for even common peace keeping. how did they merit their promotion apart from man know man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Annoying Things About Lagos / Check Out The Amount Collected By YOUR STATE From Sure-p Funds / Thugs Hijack Electoral Materials In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.