Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. (28858 Views)

Thank God Am Done With NYSC Today (pic) / My NYSC Personal CDS Projects In Anambra. Thanks To GOD For The Success / Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by bamto(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
I was once a victim of the dollar story in abj. I was duped of 6k. It is used by 419ers not kidnappers. That story is overused. Dumb people. They cant work they cant still think. Obviously they didn't believe you were broke they'd have refused to carry you outright.

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
welemouskey:

I WEEP!!!!

R.I.P English

Grow up
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by tabletgirl: 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
Yes o. I guess people still fall. Happened to me like 2 months ago. As i just heard "e carry dollars full bag", ...small thing na fly i for fly out of window like Jackie Chan cheesy I had already paid and was willing to leave my 200naira. The driver gave me back o. Maybe it will soil their jazz if they take money not willing given to them courtesy the jazz. who knows?? It only catches greedy people sha

Extom:
Do they still use this outdated style? undecided
OP, if you made this up, you deserve an Oscars cheesy

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by tzoracle: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
seedbaba:
bros abeg which one is NOA??

National orientation agency
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by dunasy(f): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
This brings back memories during my service year in 2009. I NEVER believed this story then when people narrated their experience but, it then happened to me.

I had gone to collect my last alawi from Municipal Microfinance bank and wanted to board a cab to Wuse. Fortunately, I sat close to the door behind, one guy sat at the other end , a female in the middle and another guy in front.

Same reason the driver gave 'avoiding traffic -ish' and I found out we were on the express.

Conversation started , I knew I don enter am based on the stories I had heard and I was the only one not contributing in the vehicle. Immediately , I complained of stomach ache and needed to use the toilet, the driver parked and the lady kicked me out. I had little bruises but, I was glad I escaped.

It is well.

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Wow. They've been using this technique since time immemorial. They used it on my elder sister, the driver sped and she had to jump out on motion. She sustained slight wounds then, about 5 years ago.

Guys be safe out there. embarassed
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by shindarayo(f): 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
welemouskey:

I WEEP!!!!

R.I.P English
can I employ u as my english teacher, at least its not my father's tongue.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hmm. the oldest trick ever. Anyone who falls for this in this 2015 must be sooooo greedy and dumb. I've experienced this twice. One in benin another in ogun. The 2nd time it happened in ogun, i was like "Oh not again. Seriously?". grin

I experienced another one in lagos while passing along this oshodi market. In fact ehn, the format was different. No car involved. Just a dude who approached me that he was looking for a location and wanting to see a madam. Omo, i increased my pace and face my front pretending i dnt understand what he was saying. He was trying to fake a french accent of which was obviously horrible, claiming he has laptops and blackberry phones to give out for free if i could change his currency to Naira. Then the blackberry craze among girls was top notch. A greedy girl would have fallen for that scam. I noticed he had an accomplice who kept taking turns with this guy to talk. The moment i noticed him, the fake accent and the laptops phones ish, i just knew these were scammers. In fact it didnt take me long to understand what was going on. I just waved my hand to show a non interest in their ish and walked fast into the crowd. Its good to be sharp and smart. cheesy cheesy
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by elbashyr(m): 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
big lie!!!!!! a gal give me ds story almost 3 month ago.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by topsamjo(m): 4:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
thank God for you and may the Lord continue to Help you all through ur service year and beyond cos He actually helped u grin

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by mechanics(m): 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=seedbaba post=30167094][/quote] guy bike no dey abuja city o.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by electropiz(m): 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
And I know say u go work ur posting come abuja,

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Jidefido(m): 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
tzoracle:
You have a very good memory too good that I doubt the authenticity of the story
But anyway sha,
You 4 try NOA they might have taken you.

its not fake.i once had that experience here in Abuja too sometimes 2013. its the same modus operandi and personnel - driver, one hausa or look alike, one hefty man in front at the back, a woman. its always dollars.......its d same thing but thank God i didnt fall for it. i followed them to the end to see what would happen. i am very inquisitive by nature. we got to one babalawo house. he is not babalawo, na arrangee one that put together different things. in fact, it was the supposed son of the supposed babalawo. the 'main babalawo' had died and the son though elderly could do the job
the man told us everything that transpired , all na format. he began asking us how much we have in our accounts that we need to bring all the money in our accoount to break the curse already placed on the dollars. people na long story ooooo.
its real. i have met two people who fell mugu to their pranks, they were jazzed sha
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
shakazuldadon:
y call or assume any tribe as dirty. I expected that as an educated person you won't have shallow reason but I guess your mouth runs like a cess pit just like your story.

but I guess that all members of wherever you come from are always clean which is an absurdity.

Use your head please.

Hey dont come up here and start blowing grammar ... He's only narrating what happened and not being tribalistic.

Use your brain please.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by seedbaba(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
For those that are doubting my story, I pray u shall not experience it in Jesus name. I'm so sorry for those that took offence for calling the igbo lady dirty, u guys got me wrong it wasn't what I meant. Na abo..ki I typed oo nairaland auto-correct it to northerner(lols), a poster said I'm a disgrace to education bcs I combined pidgin ( Mr man na naija we dey, anything goes for ds country, why english language no get me PPA??, u even ended ur post with 'JARE' smh.. Pot calling kettle black) D guy that said a gal sent him that same story..God is my witness. For those that gave advices and prayers.. Ur families and mine shall be protected from the tricks and powers of the evil doers. Thanks for the advices, the insults and the prayers, u are all blessed.. Thanks

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by badesco(m): 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
I hope people would learn a lesson from this incident.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Jhayeahsam01(m): 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
make I use my Cowbell powdered milk settle this story. Happy for u ooo.. buh sha go claim ur share of the dollars
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by zarkknight(m): 5:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
It happened to me too, in fact on two occasions on a friday and the next when I was serving in Abuja in 2009. On the two occasions, I was standing at the Ako junction in Lugbe for a Taxi to take me to the CS ground in Wuse. They would start by asking who owns the bag in the trunk and what was inside, the owner would claim he stole millions from his boss then they would start arguing on how to share it. If you are greedy, you will fall into their trap but thank God I wasn't. To cut the long story short, I told them to drop me, they did and sped off. I read in the papers they duped someone of over 2 million using same modus operandi. It is a true story, be careful out there.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by prettyrach(f): 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]Same thing happened to me sometimes ago in ibadan,I told them I want to drop and I dropped,but it happened to my mom last year September and they collected 2m from her in less than a month, it was after prayers that she narrated all to us. They even told her to sell our nearly completed house. The guys still call her till date demanding for money. But her eyes Don open
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Bibol(f): 5:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
If you reside in Abuja, you won't find this story hard to believe. Its funny that these kidnappers still haven't changed tactics. I experienced it twice last year on Kubwa Road and around Berger bridge. It's usually the same every time, a lady and man at the back, the driver and a passenger in the front. Then they start talking about some invisible dollars in a Ghana must go bag in the booth.

Once you hear dollars in the booth, fly out of the car once it comes to a halt. Life has no duplicate. Then I heard those green taxis are safer
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by winie(f): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
seedbaba:
For those that are doubting my story, I pray u shall not experience it in Jesus name. I'm so sorry for those that took offence for calling the igbo lady dirty, u guys got me wrong it wasn't what I meant. Na abo..ki I typed oo nairaland auto-correct it to northerner(lols), a poster said I'm a disgrace to education bcs I combined pidgin ( Mr man na naija we dey, anything goes for ds country, why english language no get me PPA??, u even ended ur post with 'JARE' smh.. Pot calling kettle black) D guy that said a gal sent him that same story..God is my witness. For those that gave advices and prayers.. Ur families and mine shall be protected from the tricks and powers of the evil doers. Thanks for the advices, the insults and the prayers, u are all blessed.. Thanks
I don't doubt ur story. I live in Abuja and I've encountered them more than 15 times. No joke. There was a day I was on my way to a midweek service, and I boarded a taxi from Jabi airport junction(before the construction of the bridge), before we go to primary school, they asked me to come down! Men and brethren, I encountered them twice again before I got to Mr Biggs that evening from primary sch!!! I was so angry cos I arrived late for the service. I don't fear them at ll, I treat them as bugs that shld be crushed. @Op, its well with you. By the way I'm Igbo, and didn't see any insult anywhere in ur post. Peace.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by annibro(f): 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
CrazyScientist:
I feel the story is fake, cause I watched this ish in a movie. Nigerian film! angry

Becos he made it hilarious doesn't min its fake. It happened 2 me too at Gudu opp FO fuel station on my way 2 Area 1. An ash coloured golf 2. Though I got d car no & reported 2d police distress lines, it dawn on me dat d plate num could just be fake.
Just be careful & patronise painted taxis. Also avoid sitting behind if alone in a taxi as I heard a story of a lady who was driven somewer & d driver pretended d engine had a fault. Stoped at one diserted place & some1 jumped out of d booth & dey both robbed her.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Keemy88(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
For your mind....don't doubt oooo...this is real.
tzoracle:
But anyway sha,
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Jidefido(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
annibro:

Becos he made it hilarious doesn't min its fake. It happened 2 me too at Gudu opp FO fuel station on my way 2 Area 1. An ash coloured golf 2. Though I got d car no & reported 2d police distress lines, it dawn on me dat d plate num could just be fake.
Just be careful & patronise painted taxis. Also avoid sitting behind if alone in a taxi as I heard a story of a lady who was driven somewer & d driver pretended d engine had a fault. Stoped at one diserted place & some1 jumped out of d booth & dey both robbed her.

i have a former colleague who always insist the driver must open the booth before she enters. security is paramount ooooo and abuja is really a hotbed for it. just imagine someone experiencing such 15 times. mine is just once and dont hope to meet them again.

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by siddonlook1(f): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
Its a very popular trick by fraudsters. Happened to me in Lagos in a taxi along. Adeola Odeku,funny it was my second experience of the same old trick. First time I was scared shitless and hurridly came down from the taxi.Second time I feigned a Phonecall from a colonel I know and asked to be dropped as I was close to my destination. Funny they didn't argue but just sped off soon as I dropped. If you don't allow the hustler in you to rear its ugly head,often you won't be caught in their trap.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by khordistic(m): 7:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Extom:
Do they still use this outdated style? undecided
OP, if you made this up, you deserve an Oscars cheesy
m a batch C
too in abj, shii happens alot!
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by winie(f): 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Jidefido:

i have a former colleague who always insist the driver must open the booth before she enters. security is paramount ooooo and abuja is really a hotbed for it. just imagine someone experiencing such 15 times. mine is just once and dont hope to meet them again.
I do ask drivers open their booths esp if I'm taking a drop nd t nights. I was on my way from Gwarinpa to Wuse, and boarded a taxi, this one was painted taxi for that matter! Haba! The yeye people started their yeye talk again and I asked the driver, una no dey tire? Abi una think say na everybody mumu? I was that angry because getting vehicle from that bridge that leads to Kado estate was next to nil. They dropped me off on the bridge, and I slammed their door, hoping to break the glass! I trekked from that bridge to Kado junction under the hot afternoon sun, cos no vehicle wanted to stop for me. So whether painted taxi or no, we shld all be watchful and don't show fear. Peace

Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by JoseRaji(m): 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
tzoracle:
But anyway sha,

this is the very same story they used for me back in 2012... aboki with bag of cash in the booth... these guys will never improve... till they get caught.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by senator2k9(m): 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
seedbaba:
NATional Orientation Agency
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by senator2k9(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
seedbaba:
National Orientation Agency
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Artistree: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
CrazyScientist:
I feel the story is fake, cause I watched this ish in a movie. Nigerian film! angry
I have encountered these criminals three times in Benin. Same old story of dollar-bag-in-car-trunk,bunch of dumb men!
Those of you doubting the story, pls pray not to fall prey before you believe.
Re: Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. by Kbraims(m): 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
broz na God save u o,bt u too na linger throat u be u wan share dollar wey u no work 4!

Jigawa Corpers Queue To Get Water From The Tap At NYSC Camp / Fct Corp Member’s Take Change To The Street / Which Of These Did You Do At NYSC Orientation Camp?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73