Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies (719 Views)

Full Text of Bishop Kukah's Interview With Channels TV / Election Prophecies: What Prophet T.B Joshua And Others Said About The Winner. / Bishop Oyedepo Said He Will Open The Gates Of Hell On Whoever Opposes GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by Tomiwatosin(m): 5:59am On Jan 27, 2015
Tomiwa Tommysticks
THE TWIST IN BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO'S PROPHETIC-DECLARATION DURING PRESIDENT JONATHAN'S VISIT

By Iyke Nwambie

Propaganda is a "political tool" used by a political opponent to misinform the populace in order to achieve untoward political gains, and by so doing inflict much damage to the other camp through the arrow of "political mischief."

This tool of propaganda is now so commonplace because of the easy access to the internet. Take for example, when I saw somebody mischievously twist the "prophetic-declarations" of Bishop David Oyedepo during the visit of President Goodluck Jonathan to his church today (January, 25, 2015), I initially ignored it, because having watched the program live online myself, I knew that whoever twisted those words was just out to foment mischief.

But what did I see a couple of hours later? I saw a headline which read thus: "...Bishop Oyedepo vows to open the gates of hell to those who oppose President Jonathan..." And before I could spell, j-a-c-k, it has already gone viral. Now, not only did it go viral, I was also so surprised at the many comments that have trailed that incorrect and twisted headline.

Now, as one who listened to the words of the Bishop live online, I can categorically say that that was not what the Bishop said. So, what did he say? You ask...Well, here is what he said while addressing the church on that visit:

"All those who are opposing and are against the peace of Nigeria, God will open the gates of hell to them".

Now, for every "accurate-thinker" within the Nigerian political clime, it is easy to see that there is a major difference between "those who oppose President Jonathan" and those "who oppose the peace of Nigeria."

Is it not surprising, therefore, to read all the outbursts of the supporters of General Buhari against Bishop David Oyedepo's words? Is it not amazing that these individuals failed to see that those who are opposing the peace of Nigeria are the agents of Boko Haram and their many sponsors whom the Bishop was addressing? Does it require the intelligence of a Rocket scientist for us to know that this God's General (Bishop Oyedepo) has waged a consistent battle against the Jihadists in Nigeria (from his early days of pastoring in Kaduna)? Is it so hard to appreciate the fact that these "wicked-killers" are out to grapple and strangle the soul of the Nigerian nation? Or could it be that the APC supporters and the fanatical supporters of General Buhari are worried because of the endorsements their candidate has gotten from Boko Haram?

Well, as for me and many other Nigerians who appreciate the leadership role a prophet of God can play at times like this, I maintain that a Prophet does not sit on the fence... a prophet speaks in a unidirectional, clear-cut way. Sometimes, their hardcore position may attract unsolicited censors and criticisms...but such Prophets already know that it is part and parcel of the downside of being a prophet... except if one decides to be a "Political prophet" who chooses to keep quiet for the fear of offending anyone, who chooses to talk from the two sides of his or her mouth so that whoever emerges the winner at the end of the day will still have his or her "ears." That to me is the height of prophetic hypocrisy...and interestingly, no prophet in the Bible ever sat on the fence on any issue that concerned the populace.

May God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by Tomiwatosin(m): 6:11am On Jan 27, 2015
Nigerians and their jungle justice behaviour. Always know the truth before condemning things.
Re: Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by LoveDecay(m): 6:35am On Jan 27, 2015
Tommychewingstick or whatever you call yourself. You do not possess the basic skills required to construct simple and grammatically correct sentences.

Where are all these roaches crawling out from ?
Re: Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by xreal: 6:37am On Jan 27, 2015
I knew it.
Thank God - I had not made any negative comment on this issue since I read it on internet.

If this was what he actually said, I say a very BIG AMEN to it.

GOD bless his TRUE prophets.

2 Likes

Re: Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by Jenkizo: 6:46am On Jan 27, 2015
Ops, you post is myapic and PDP propaganda once again. Why must you link Buhari and APC to Boko Haram in your statement. You are still giving credence to Oyedepo's speech. Let me tell you something you don't know my friend, where is Oyedepo and PDP when Benue State Govt. Stop paying workers salary for 7-8 months. Am a Christian and a Catholic to be specific and will tell you that your Boko Haram endorsing propaganda will not work again. If you want to know more about Islamization of Nigeria, go and asked Adamu Muazu, Ali Modu Sherrif, Shekarau, GEJ, late Gen. Azazi, Chadian President, Edwin Clark, Asari Dokubu, Tompolo, Wike, Mbu, Okupe, FFK, and PDP, you are also a candidate to hell since you are a PDP sympathizer. You lier from the pit of hell
Re: Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by omenka(m): 6:46am On Jan 27, 2015
If you say "false misinterpretation" I hope you know you are actually saying the interpretation was actually true or right. cheesy

This was the same gaffe Jonathan made during the interview with Amanpour when he said "Americans have the means to know the truth, they should filter the truth!. When truth is filtered what do you end up with?? cheesy
Re: Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by psucc(m): 6:46am On Jan 27, 2015
Ekop Eden iba!

APC employs propaganda, deceit and be calling to gain the sympathy of the feeble mind.

What change do you expect a man who was also a member of the group that fails to do the needful to fix this country and had barely one year jump boat to bring
Re: Mis-interpretation Of Bishop Oyedepo's Prophecies by psucc(m): 6:46am On Jan 27, 2015
Ekop Eden iba!

APC employs propaganda, deceit and be calling to gain the sympathy of the feeble mind.

What change do you expect a man who was also a member of the group that fails to do the needful to fix this country and had barely one year jump boat to bring?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Says He Will Create Unemployment. / Gates Of Hell!! Winners Chapel Replies Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Be Sincere With Your Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.