Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone (33930 Views)

6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by misshoree(f): 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2015
cheesy
Whether android is better or not,all I kia about is that ama get that iphone6 oneday

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by popson1st: 4:37am On Jan 31, 2015
#TeamApple.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by 3RNEST(m): 5:38am On Jan 31, 2015
fck iphone, android rule angry
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by aaidel(m): 6:54am On Jan 31, 2015
all this boils down to preference but my main grouse with android when i still had a galaxy are as follows:

1. constant updates everyday all day the apps need to update

2. it lags: for someone who does not do any customizations i was highly disappointed when a so called flagship smartphone with stock apps begins to lag

3. it runs hot: sometimes its in my pocket and the phone heats up for no particular reason

4. google play store is crap: with apps restricted by location and not being able to change stores i.e you download an app in nigeria and you go to say china where such app is not available and for any reason delete the app tough luck you have to go back to nigeria to download

5. bloatware: lots of it one of the first things you have to do on most android devices is remove all the unnecessary apps that comes with it

now while all this might not be much of a problem for those of you who claim to be geeks for the regular end user they are. and before anyone bashes me i skipped the 5 to 5s upgrade on iPhone so i could use a galaxy s5 for a year and to be honest there isn't much to android when you take away all the little gimmicks like IR blaster

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 31, 2015
HTC one m8... a wonder

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by briensmith: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2015
Hello,

Some arguments are old, but still relevant for many smartphones buyers. Android smartphones can offer significantly more customization options, both when it comes to appearance and app screens. Other reasons are more interesting for preferring Android over iPhone.

Thanks,

samsung tabs best quality
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by LewisO: 11:28am On Jan 31, 2015
smatadex:

Lol........no be tecno u dey use?

Wrong!!! undecided I use nokia torch-light! cheesy
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by danchuzzy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
Randerl:

shurlar50:

set a new device connection in your phone(a new APN) thus:
APN: web.GPRS.mtnnigeria.net
IP address: 127.0.0.1
Port: 8080
Save it and tick it as your desired/default APN..After doing the above,
go to Google, search for simpleandroidserver apk and download/install it.
when you open the app, you should sight "settings" at the right edge of your screen. tap it and enter these configurations:
*PD proxy: 8080
*PD proxy host: 10.199.212.2
*Injection method: Get
*Query/URL: http://web.blackberry.com
Injection host: web.blackberry.com
Injection line: tap the enter key 4times(make sure the cursor ends at 4th line)
Log level: Debug.
Close settings and connect the app....you should be able to browse with it, provided you have an active bus/BBC Mtn plan

It didn't work.
Do you think its because of my already existing data plan?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Randerl: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2015
danchuzzy:

It didn't work.
Do you think its because of my already existing data plan?
whats ur apn. ?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by okinme: 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
MTN DATA SHARED OFFERS.
GET MTN DATA FOR BLACKBERRY 10, ANDROID & MODEM @ AFFORDABLE AMOUNT.
1GB ----------1200
2GB -----------2400
Call 08035448544 OR 08053635768
I accept Bank payment or MTN Recharge Card.
Thanks
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by threadstone(m): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
Olamide1997:
but never compare iphone 6 to nexus 5 in speed test

Loool we meet again, olamide. nexus is faster i accept but theres more to a phone than speed. Both are giants in their own rights.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by threadstone(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Obiwannn:

Android remains king...

give me 24 hours I'd reply all the above posts of yoirs

Patiently waiting
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
You killed it @threadstone. You simply killed it. When u can't afford a benz, u will always seat down to list all d things a kia Rio can do and a c-class can't do.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by softtouch2(m): 12:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Comparing Android to iPhone is like saying Ajegunle better pass Ikoyi.... grin grin grin
I don't think original thread Poster has ever use iPhone before, because most of the point highlighted are misleading better for him to borrow iPhone for one week, and then re-write all those moin-moin he posted.

Abeg, if Android and her malware-loaded stores meet your daily needs, then so let it be.

Yes iPhone creates restrictions as a prize for Security ... hence no room "promiscuous" features and interactions.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Elxandre(m): 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
lol..
Objectively speaking, Android is a bloody powerhouse compared to Iphone.
Why is the iPhone smooth with 1gb ram?
because it doesn't offer true multitasking!

I respect the iPhone, but equating it to a monster like the Note 4 is funny!
Android is the closest thing to a computer out there.

I mean why does a smart device need to function alongside a computer? (forget jailbreak here)

Imagine you get stranded and you need to charge your iPhone, where will you get lightning cables?

Also remember Many Androids feature 2k+ displays (I hope you won't say this is a gimmick until Apple follows suit just like they did with their plus size phones cool )

I could still buy an iPhone though, but it won't stop me from being objective.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
Dekatron:
lol

infact,i give up. Blame it (ur error) on TECNO P3. .

SAI GEJ till u stop buying #10,000 phones

*wink*
Dude talking like he knows the fone am using, soo pathetic
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Dekatron(m): 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
danyel09:
Dude talking like he knows the fone am using, soo pathetic
infact,i gv up

learn to read btw lines
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by danchuzzy(m): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
Randerl:

whats ur apn. ?

web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2015
threadstone:

Loool we meet again, olamide. nexus is faster i accept but theres more to a phone than speed. Both are giants in their own rights.

U̶̲̥̅̊ are right but I said earlier, All android phones are better than iPhone coz of innovations coz Apple alone can't meet the ever increasing innovations of Samsung, hTc, Motorola, Sony, LG, Huawei. Agreed or not but the iOS is mighty an OS cos it is optimised for the iphone as Android is optimised for nexus
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Xxpress(m): 11:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Randerl:

Didn't work bro
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by stevikenna: 5:30am On Feb 22, 2015
Randerl:

Will it work on samsung galaxy

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Randerl: 7:11am On Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=stevikenna post=30963213][/quote]

Yes
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Randerl: 7:13am On Feb 22, 2015
Xxpress:

Didn't work bro

x.Check ur settings.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Godiloveu(f): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2015
Randerl:

thanks
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Randerl: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=Godiloveu post=30965113

thanks[/quote]

You are welcome.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by dellaziz(m): 9:15am On May 29, 2015
Randerl:

guy please this trick only opens opera mini and not oda sites like jnstagram and watsapp...any solution
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by chadsmith: 6:15am On Dec 05, 2018
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by alexis96: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2019
Install AppCake on iOS, and use the App Store to download games and apps for free on jailbreak device.

Try also the free Panda Helper.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by sureinfo: 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
lovely,this is why my tecno android smartphone is perfect.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by sammytutor: 7:19am On Jul 08, 2019
Hey Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. I will come back to your site and keep sharing this information with us.
stremio addons repository
cydia impactor error 81
lockdown cpp 57
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by sammytutor: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2019
I respect the iPhone, but equating it to a monster like the Note 4 is funny!
Android is the closest thing to a computer out there.

recover deleted imessages
imessage sending from email
error occurred during activation imessage mac
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
threadstone:
Nice try. Its ur choice to get any device u want not neccessarily until someone forces it down your throat like you android fanatics do all the time. Your os is the best. We have heard...

1. The last time i checked apple devices come in variants, 16 64, and 128gb which i know your darling droids dont have at the moment. You choose what u want.

2. Thats the beauty of ios. Hardly would u beef to do a reset unlike ur darling droids :p. This is because the hardware and software are beautifully integrated together and apps do not hold the os to ransom like u experience everyday (force close, wait etc.

3. So u need a new remote and you bought a phone, congrats.

4. Just because you dont have access to the file manager doesnt mean all files are dumped in the same folder in iphones. A simple jailbreak will convince you.

5.youre right about itunes. But to say you need iphoto to copy pictures out of iphone. Come on, say something else.

6. Any oem reserves the right to whatever hardware it wants for its products. Ure complaining of cable, tell tecno and others too to use snapdragon chipsets like others

7. Apples ios is engineered in a way that the appstore is the sole location for downloading apps. This makes cases of malware, vunerabilities and spywares and other nasty installations that the android ecosystem is notoriously famous for. For jailbroken devices, the cydia appstore also serves as a secondary base of apps to download too. Be illuminated.

8. Guest mode accounts werent a feature of android up till lollipop which im sure u dont have on your device. However be rest assured that its not so far away from ios. By the way have u heard of family sharing.. Google is ur buddy.

9. Who the hell needs google map when there is sygic map there that works seamlessly with realtime locations, thousands of poi and the best feature, u can use it OFFLINE.
10. Apple cares much about security and pattern lock is on the lowest level in security terms yet u say android is better because of that. Hell if youre using an exchange mail account on ur crapdroid, u can NEVER set a pattern lock as ur phone password. Reason? Read the above.

11. Widgets? Ever heard of ios 8?

12. Tell me where else to keep apps beside the home screen. And before u mention folders, ios users have been enjoying that long since before it debuted on android kitkat.
13. Well u may have a point.

14. Thank God u said a few phones. Out of those phone users, how many actually use d feature. I had a galaxy mega for close to two years and i could count on one hand how many times i used that feature. NEXT

15. Point well noted. Rather than set that, ill ask my PA (Siri) to wake me up at five. Dasall

Believe me, ive seen it all. Rooting xposed cyanogen 7-12. Odin etc. theres no big deal in android. [/b]You deserve a lagfree os where ure readily assured of an os upgrade for at least three years on a steady note, where ur device has a higher resale value

Where d prices of devices dont drop like a steam pot
Where u have a beautifully designed os which integrates with the hardware to produce a seamless experience and regular updates which shields you away from the need to flash roms.
Where a 1gb ram dualcore device is more powerful than other octacore hexacore decarcore 3gb devices.
Where a 1900mAH battery would last u for 24 hours 3g usage

Welcome to ios 8.[b]

I like people who are informed, especially people who can say so much about the steps they take, what they use and different things about their lives. Most people in life just do things for no reason, use something because their friend use it. Most people using android or iphone don't even know anything about what they use every day of their lives. I like your reply, i takes someone informed to come against the usual ignorant android superiority over iphone, however, i still think you didnt get it all well.

1. Iphones come in variant sizes, but the price depends on the size. 16gb and 64gb iphone are not the same price. That can mean a great price difference. But if you buy a 8gb droid phone. With just 2k, you can buy microSD and save lots of cash. So, you can't compare the two in terms of memory advantage.
I woudn't want to waste time answering every thing one by one.

What i would just say is that, each has it's advantages and disadvantages. None is better than the other. What you want determines what you go for. It's wrong for anyone to say they're the same or that one is outrightly better than the other. They are not the same, one lags where the other excels and vice versa.

For a society with good internet connection to update, sync and connect all the time and backup your stuffs; money to buy mac book with iphone and other accessories; apple products are just very ok. But in third world society where things are other wise, android it better.
For someone who wants class and quality, iphone is OK. Just fancy device where everything works fine. Good graphics and great apps, iphone is better. Many iphone apps are better designed than android apps.
But if you're one Nigga who likes to tamper with what you own, customize and do things the way you want. Droid is the go-to. No amount of jailbreak can give you that flexibility. What you call Jailbreak is like the normal default accessibility in any android phone. Android can allow you do any crap you want with it. That's the beauty of android. You can claim it's prone to virus and insecurities, no doubt, but that's the beauty of flexibility. The little disadvantage of flexibility is far lower than the advantages.
You can backup your installed apps into apk files and keep them, you can copy all the files on your sd into another bigger sd, put it in your phone and it continues working, you can download any third party app from anywhere on the internet and install.
You can install any crap you want while itunes keep screening their apps, only the good apps stays, that's an handicap itself. I can install any crap i want on my android, you call it crap, i call it an important useful app.
Infact, you can tamper with android same way you tamper with your window PC. Any things goes with android. That's the beauty.
Your can go to the root files of apps and copy system files and keep them for use later. You can just do whatever you like.

You can copy your whatsapp archive and put on another phone and start using. You will need your icloud or whatever to do that with iphone, there are different ways to do it however you like with a droid.

It's not compulsory to update or upgrade your droid. In fact, i dislike anything that tells me to update or upgrade all the time. I may prefer the old shiit to your so called upgrade or update.

And when it even comes to class and quality, if you have your money, android is just OS not the phone. You can even get expensive brands with android OS that can give you almost the same class and quality experience like iphone.

All the same, i like the quality and graphic experience with iphones, the display is just great and the apps are better designed. But since i like to have full access and manipulation to whatever i own, android is great in that aspect. I like quality, graphics and also flexibility. So, having both iphone and android is the only solution for someone like me.
But a matter of what you want to the general common public. What you want determines if you use iphone or android.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To When You Browse With Data In Nigeria / Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? / Whats the difference between Blackberry Bold 2 And Bold 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.