Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

2015 Polls, Gej/pdp Calling For Anachy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Polls, Gej/pdp Calling For Anachy (433 Views)

2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East / 2015 POLLS: Ex-militant BOYLOAF And Thug GANI ADAMS Hold Secret Meeting In Lagos / BEWARE, PDP CALLING FOR MILITARY TAKE-OVER IF IT LOSES FEBRUARY ELECTIONS-APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Polls, Gej/pdp Calling For Anachy by royalblood21: 7:51am On Jan 28, 2015
Last night at about 8:05pm a Boss of mine called me to tune to AIT television station to watch a program that was been aired by the station, I had to rush home and on putting on my TV what I met was a documentary purportedly sponsored by an organization whose name just escaped my mind now but one of the media arms of PDP campaign organization,the documentary said everything about General Buhari,his birth,education,sojourn in the military,1983 coup,his encounter with Late Saraki,Ajasin,Tai Solarin, Jim Nwobodo,Tunde Idiagbon, Ooni of Ife and Sultan of Sokoto the list is endless,activities as PTF Chairman,his failed marriage,death of his only son and first daughter,circumstances surrounding the death of his first wife,his marriage in 1999 with Aisha, his recorded previous uttrances,comments of prominent Nigerians about some of his past deeds,his previous contest in the presidential race and build-up to 2015 elections, in all, all the scandalous, negative, provoking and humiliating comments of this world were said about GMB in the one hour documentary, no one would see the documentary and wouldn't want to cut-off Buhari's head at sight, then I asked myself, is this the definition of campaign by PDP?.
For uninterrupted one hour on cable TV, for a group to speak ill of an opponent, then what's the place of "Abuja peace pact".
MY TAKE;
Immediately the program was over, three things came to my mind;
1) Buhari had contested three times previously and he had never been given this much attention in the past, from religious issue to age factor,certificate scandal,health concern,death wish, etc, the result of his previous contests are all the same,LOSS but now that PDP is doing things differently perhaps Buhari is about getting a different result too.
2) No Buharist would watch that documentary and not want to get on the street in protest, if that happens, they'll say Buhari's supporters are here again, then it becomes the game of calling dog a bad name in order to hand it, then they would use that to work out their election postponement formula and delay the election till Jega's tenure of office is over in June.
3) what's the place of regulatory bodies in screening what is brought to the public in both our print and electronic media, the case of death wish of Gov. Fayose in the punch newspaper is still very fresh in our memories.
If NCC could shut down Buhari's campaign support website where people could donate their token to support Buhari's campaign what is BON looking when some AIT is broadcasting such an indictive documentary.
LASTLINE;
It baffles me, how a party that have been in government for about sixteen years will not have scorecard to place on the table to convince electorate to guarantee their stay in power rather than character assassination of the opponent, if the strongest campaign strategy of a government that have been in power for six years is to tarnish the image of the opponent instead of displaying the previous scorecard then Nigerian should be watchful and do the needful.
Re: 2015 Polls, Gej/pdp Calling For Anachy by thegoodone2(m): 8:10am On Jan 28, 2015
Do your finding. is what PDP said true?

(1) (Reply)

Coming Up February 5th / Why Nigeria Needs Buhari Now Than Ever. / Newspapers' Headlines On February16th, 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.