Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President (1096 Views)

APC Hqtrs Shut Down, As Obasanjo, Others Endorse Buhari’s Immediate Resignation / Nigerian Students In China Endorse Buhari (photo) / Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by abokiigbo: 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
Transparent Democracy and Good Government for Nigeria (TransDGGN), a not-for-profit organization based in the United States of America, has endorsed General Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), for the presidency at next month’s election.
statement by Dr. Emmanuel Abiodun Dada, the Founder and President of TransDGGN, USA, said the unanimous decision to endorse the candidacy of Buhari was taken at the group’s extraordinary meeting held last Sunday.

It explained that the group took the position for three main reasons:

President Goodluck Jonathan has failed woefully to lead Nigeria with dignity, integrity and honor which is required of the office of the president, and under his watch, Nigeria has become a failed state.

In 2014, according to global terrorism index, Nigeria ranked 4th worse than Syria and only better than Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. General Buhari has the experience to tackle terrorism (Boko Haram and others).

Index Mundi, has projected that unemployment will increase by 2% annually in Nigeria. Statistics have shown that in 2011, the unemployment rate in Nigeria was 23.9% compared to 4.9% in 2009.

“We firmly believe that election of the duo of General Buhari and Professor Yemi Osinbajo is not only critical for the restoration of dignity and honor of Nigeria but also to create equal opportunities for all, address the problem of youth unemployment and, restore peace and tranquility to Nigeria,” TransDGGN said.

It also expressed the confidence that General Buhari will address the problem of corruption which has become a hydra headed monster permeating all the facet of our society, as he is a tested man with a track record of discipline and excellence.

“Overall, we endorse and support the aspiration of General Muhammadu Buhari as the next President not because he's a saint or he hasn't made mistakes in the past but the level of corruption, impunity and mediocrity in Nigeria today which is unprecedented has made him the preferred candidate among all the aspirants,” the group said.

TransDGGN asserted that General Buhari has the integrity, experience and competence to effectively discharge the duties of president as prescribed in the Constitution and restore Nigeria back to her pride of place as the true giant of Africa, both in words and deeds.

“We believe supporting the election of General Buhari as the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a noble cause and hereby call on all Nigerian men and women of voting age to join the cause for positive change in Nigeria by going out to vote on February 14th to elect General Muhammadu Buhari and Professor Yemi Osinbajo to the office of the president and vice president respectively of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The time to salvage Nigeria from rot is now and we shall continue to work with other groups that share our aspirations for a better Nigeria, for ultimate victory of Gen. Buhari at the poll.

TransDGGN, USA was founded in 2010 with membership of patriotic Nigerians cutting across different sectors of the US economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by pacifique(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Like seriously? Where is the 'sauce' for stew?
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by RedArrow: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
“Overall, we endorse and support the aspiration of General Muhammadu Buhari as the next President not because he's a saint or he hasn't made mistakes in the past but the level of corruption, impunity and mediocrity in Nigeria today which is unprecedented has made him the preferred candidate among all the aspirants,” the group said".

Exactly my view.
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by Curlieweed: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
pacifique:
Like seriously? Where is the 'sauce' for stew?

Do they have PVC?

Next please!
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by Bevista: 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
RedArrow:
“Overall, we endorse and support the aspiration of General Muhammadu Buhari as the next President not because he's a saint or he hasn't made mistakes in the past but the level of corruption, impunity and mediocrity in Nigeria today which is unprecedented has made him the preferred candidate among all the aspirants,” the group said".
Spot on! Could not agree more.

Exactly my view.
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by Bevista: 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
RedArrow:

Exactly my view.
Spot on! Could not agree more.
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by Ikengawo: 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
I'm in america and wasn't consulted. These useless organizations need to speak for themselves
I'm for Transformation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by omenka(m): 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
RedArrow:

Exactly my view.
And mine as well. smiley
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by Descartes: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
The caption would have read "Educated Yorubas in US endorse a 'semi-illiterate' General for 2015 elections"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by Articul8(m): 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
This man is just a clown. Anyways,I am just waiting for
Feb.14.it will shock GEJ the way Nigerians will jubilate if GMB
wins.It will be similar to what happened when Abacha died.
Infact,its dt day I'l propose to her to tell u how happy I'l be.
That is if GMB wins ooo. Sai Buhari!!
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by kestolove95(m): 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
Even nigerians. For u.s self don tire for d clueless one
Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by jmaine: 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by stebell(m): 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Jus wanna kno if this group in the US are involved in the voting? do they hav the PVC?

They shud go and collect their own share frm Tinubu looting of Lagos State.

Pls tell them GEJ Rocks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by Curlieweed: 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
Articul8:
This man is just a clown. Anyways,I am just waiting for
Feb.14.it will shock GEJ the way Nigerians will jubilate if GMB
wins.It will be similar to what happened when Abacha died.
Infact,its dt day I'l propose to her to tell u how happy I'l be.
That is if GMB wins ooo. Sai Buhari!!

You never ready to marry be that. Keep hanging your engagement on impossible conditions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In USA Endorse Buhari For President by johnmartus(m): 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
In fact the way buhari will crush jonathan will amaze idigbo and afenifebi organization

(1) (Reply)

The Day A Danfo Driver Surprised Me / Who's Running A Better Campaign? Jonathan's Documentary VS Buhari's Memorial / Buhari Would Hear From Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.