Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Shld I Share My Company??urgent Advice Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shld I Share My Company??urgent Advice Needed (675 Views)

The Govt Shld Ban All Gaming Systems Like Betja, Nairabet Etc To Recover / How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) / Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shld I Share My Company??urgent Advice Needed by mkyusuf: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hi Guys

Please i need your honest advice here..
I registered my company in 2009, its a telecom/Construction Project company
We have made a little progress in terms of creating business history, profile ETC
Now i have 2 guys now that wants to join me based on this little history we have created
They are requesting for equal sharing between all of us, because they are bringing in New multiple accounts/businesses that would really blow up the company.
What do you guys advice? Shld go ahead and share the company equally with them? or i hold on to the shares and keep pushing till the break comes?
Re: Shld I Share My Company??urgent Advice Needed by i1: 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
now this is where a corporate lawyer and an auditor is required. 1. u need to value the company taking into consideration things like goodwill etc. 2. the so called multiple accounts if it does not materalize who looses? u need to make arrangement for vested shares. call me if u need further
assistance
Re: Shld I Share My Company??urgent Advice Needed by mkyusuf: 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2015
Thanks for the advice man
I wld contact you ASAP

pls guys your comments/advice wld be greatly apreciated.
Re: Shld I Share My Company??urgent Advice Needed by PasNet: 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
If you are sure it will bring development to the business, then I would advice that before you ho ahead, make sure you all understand and are satisfied with the working terms. A lawyer involvement is highly recommended.
Re: Shld I Share My Company??urgent Advice Needed by internetpope(m): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2015
mkyusuf:
Hi Guys
Please i need your honest advice here..
I registered my company in 2009, its a telecom/Construction Project company
We have made a little progress in terms of creating business history, profile ETC
Now i have 2 guys now that wants to join me based on this little history we have created
They are requesting for equal sharing between all of us, because they are bringing in New multiple accounts/businesses that would really blow up the company.
What do you guys advice? Shld go ahead and share the company equally with them? or i hold on to the shares and keep pushing till the break comes?

PasNet:
If you are sure it will bring development to the business, then I would advice that before you ho ahead, make sure you all understand and are satisfied with the working terms. A lawyer involvement is highly recommended.

I quoted what Pasnet said because it makes sense. By all means share, if those accounts are real and gonna be 'enriching'. paraphrasing the words of a wise man. "Making beer has become so easy that you can even start a factory from your own backyard but its better to have 1% shares of Nigerian Breweries than 100% shares of your backyard brewery factory".

Hope you like beer anyway. cheesy cheesy if not sorry for the beer analogy. #orijin on my mind grin

(1) (Reply)

Will You Develop A Product And Call It Pussy? Thats What The Name Of A Drink / What We Do, What Do You Do? / SEC Unveils Rules For Trading In Unlisted Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.