Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death (1537 Views)

#recount2016: US Candidate Files For Recounting / South Africa President Jacob Zuma Files Complaints To The Public Protector Over / Russian Hackers Leak Simone Biles And Serena Williams Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by enifex(m): 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
While Joan Rivers lay sedated in a Manhattan clinic, her doctors performed unauthorized medical procedures, snapped a selfie with the comedian and failed to act as her vital signs deteriorated, according to a malpractice lawsuit filed Monday by her daughter, Melissa.

The 81-year-old comedian and star of “Fashion Police” on E! died Sept. 4, days after she went in for a routine endoscopy at Yorkville Endoscopy on Manhattan’s Upper East Side and stopped breathing.

The History of Buhari’s Both In Military And Civilian With Photos http://nairaland.com/history-buharis-military-civilian/

The lawsuit filed in Manhattan State Supreme Court paints a picture of a careless, cocky staff of doctors who ran roughshod over Rivers while she was unconscious, and it suggests that she died because of their incompetence. The suit seeks unspecified damages.
Special: Controversial Site Exposes ‘Scary’ Details About Your Past

Melissa Rivers said in a statement that filing the lawsuit was one of the most difficult decisions she had to make.

“What ultimately guided me was my unwavering belief that no family should ever have to go through what my mother, Cooper and I have been through,” she said, referring to her son. “The level of medical mismanagement, incompetency, disrespect and outrageous behavior is shocking and frankly, almost incomprehensible.”

She said her mother deserved better.

The city’s medical examiner found that Joan Rivers died of brain damage due to lack of oxygen after she stopped breathing during the endoscopy. Her death was classified as a therapeutic complication. The classification is not commonly used; more deaths are certified as accidents, homicides, suicides or natural causes. Negligence was not suspected. Had it been, it would have been listed as a contributing cause.

JAY-Z LYRICS: “Can’t Knock The Hustle (Remix)” http://nairaland.com/jay-z-lyrics-cant-knock-hustle-remix/

But the lawsuit alleges that the doctors mishandled the endoscopy and performed another medical procedure called a laryngoscopy on Rivers’ vocal cords without consent. When the anesthesiologist expressed concern over what the procedure would do to Rivers’ ability to breathe, source here http://nairaland.com/melissa-rivers-files-lawsuit-mother-joan-rivers-death/
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by klodike(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
Let the dead sleep please.
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
Lol. She needs to sue her dead mum for turning herself into a plastic doll. grin

Dollyparton1, come get ya role model's daughter. tongue
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 5:55am On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:
Lol. She needs to sue her dead mum for turning herself into a plastic doll. grin

Dollyparton1, come get ya role model's daughter. tongue
Lol.....
How the panel-beaten lady gonna be my role model? undecided undecided undecided undecided
I dont roll like that. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
DollyParton1:

Lol.....
How the panel-beaten lady gonna be my role model? undecided undecided undecided undecided
I dont roll like that. tongue tongue tongue

Lol.

Darn!! Are you telling me all that thang is the real deal? tongue

Gatts make it my own, my own, ya heard? grin
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol.

Darn!! Are you telling me all that thang is the real deal? tongue

Gatts make it my own, my own, ya heard? grin

my mama gave em to me ya know.
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
DollyParton1:

my mama gave em to me ya know.

Oh yeah, is it now?

I might have to ask big momma to transfer the ownership to me...you need to get got.

Where do you even live with all that badonkadonk? tongue
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:

Oh yeah, is it now?

[s]I might have to ask big momma to transfer the ownership to me...you need to get got[/s].

Where do you even live with all that badonkadonk? tongue
Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
DollyParton1:

Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

Lmao. You're getting more fascinating by day. grin
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
SirShymex:

Lmao. You're getting more fascinating by day. grin
Z
[size=50pt]Shoot me a PM or send ya email - wanna holla at you. Don't quote this bit.[/size]

cool cool cool
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
DollyParton1:

cool cool cool

Lol. You're crazy. grin
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
DollyParton1

Come in here, why you gotta edit my shiit like that, Egba chic? grin
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 12:25am On Jan 30, 2015
SirShymex:
DollyParton1

Come in here, why you gotta edit my shiit like that, Egba chic? grin

No more Ibadan girl?
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 30, 2015
DollyParton1:

No more Ibadan girl?

Lol. You just let me into ya world, and I know you better now. The belligerent Egba chic.

Take that edited shiit off before I lose my darn cotton picking mind. grin
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 12:33am On Jan 30, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol. You just let me into ya world, and I know you better now. The belligerent Egba chic.

Take that edited shiit off before I lose my darn cotton picking mind. grin

[img]https://roastingpen.files./2013/03/belligerent.jpg[/img]
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 30, 2015
DollyParton1:

[img]https://roastingpen.files./2013/03/belligerent.jpg[/img]

Lol. Wanna fight ya badonkadonk in a wrestling match, and winner takes all. grin

What do you think? tongue
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol. Wanna fight ya badonkadonk in a wrestling match, and winner takes all. grin

What do you think? tongue

I dont fight fair.
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 30, 2015
DollyParton1:

I dont fight fair.

I like that - the fierier the better.

Gotta go beast mode on you then, and pound the badonkadonk as hard as I can. tongue

But just know I can't lose - losing is a sin. grin
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by DollyParton1(f): 12:41am On Jan 30, 2015
SirShymex:

I like that - the more fiery the better.

Gotta go beast mode on you then, and pound the badonkadonk as hard as I can. tongue

But just know I can't lose - losing is a sin. grin

I do not understand ur obsession about badonkadonk.....
you were deprived of one in ur last life?
Re: Melissa Rivers Files Lawsuit In Mother Joan Rivers’ Death by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 30, 2015
DollyParton1:

I do not understand ur obsession about badonkadonk.....
you were deprived of one in ur last life?

I never had one...but whenever I see one I acknowledge the gift. grin

(1) (Reply)

RACISM:The Youngest Boy who was Executed On An Electric Chair In The USA / "Only In Yemen" Charging A Car Battery With Ak 47(pic) / Top 25 Military Powers In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.