Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari (1015 Views)

APC Conducted An Online Assessment Polls Of Their Performance (see Results) / Channels TV - Assessment Of Buhari's 365 Days In Office / Assessment Of Some Nigerian Governors In The Year 2015 - Moses Ochonu (2) (3) (4)

My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by filiks(m): 4:17am On Jan 29, 2015
We Nigerians lack reading culture and have developed an attitude of swallowing things line, hook and sinker. I asked myself several questions before identifying with GEJ’s candidature. I took a stroll down the memory lane from 1983/85, I studied some high profile cases including Alex Ekwueme, Tai solarin, Sam Mbakwe. I studied Buhari’s economic strategies which later exacerbated our nation, I studied his intolerance to other religions,freedom of the press. I studied his decisions that bother on student unionism, corruption etc I studied his uprightness . Recently I have studied his speeches, a sharp reflection of his state of mind, have also studied the intents of his new found lovers in the likes of Atiku, Tinubu, Amaechi etc. Our problem is the doubt over the government we set over ourselves while thinking we are being critical of government. Our problem in Boko haram is not about the competence of Jonathan but our disunity of purpose. Johnsun wrote , while GEJ was comfortably on top of the situation in 2012/13, Mr Buhari and other Northern elders were accusing him of partiality against the North and recommended that GEJ should stop military offensive against the terrorists in favour of amnesty. Admiral Nyako termed it Ethnic cleansing. Jonathan acceded to the demands of this section of the country for unity but in the process the terrorists found time to regroup and become more formidable. Now, the same people who asked GEJ to soft pedal has now turned the atrocities of the terrorists to a campaign point, this is unfortunate. Its is treachery when a father asks a son to jump from a roof top that he will catch him and when he jumps , he not only fails to catch but set spikes for him. The fact that Buhari called for a lesser offensive against Boko haram and recommended amnesty as was done for the militants , should dis-entitle him claiming the government is not effective in the fight, citing non use of lethal force. In saner societies, he will be ashamed for blowing hot and cold at same time on same issue. He would’ve stock to his advice or apologise for wrong advice. He told us he borrowed #27.5 million for a nomination form but he did not tell us how he plans to pay back. The identity of the bank, manager, account officer has not been made public. It will interest you to know that he collects #2.3 million on monthly basis as his retirement benefits , yet no foundation for the poor, empowerment of any kind, no scholarship whatsoever has been recorded. He told us he has # 1millionin his account ,alas, his daughter pays €30000 yearly in a foreign university, equivalent of #8 million. He claimed to have fought corruption but under his nose Abacha emptied our treasury. I do not wish to remember the 52 cases, Ibrahim Awwal’s £14 million. He once argued that all ACN governors are corrupt, he said they award 1 kilometer road at # 1billion. He accused El-rufai , Atiku, Bisi Akande Tinubu etc of corrupt practices. The good news is, they are now change agents and their sins washed away. A thief and a beneficiary of a stolen product are culpable of same crime. Suffice it to say Buhari is corrupt. What economic decision has he made? Stopping Jakande Lagos mono rail at the detriment of $72 million tax payers money? Dismissing 30000 soldiers to cut cost, stopping of Ajaokuta steel?. Now he has promised #5000 to unemployed at least to encourage lack of creativity and idleness, he has promised to feed school children, help Ebonyi state produce more yams and stabilize price of oil in the foreign market . If any voter can employ the like of Buhari to head his organization especially on foreign engagements with experts , then the person mean no good for Nigeria. On GEJ, I have noticed a style, steady and noiseless transformations. I can remember what Shagari said over the weekend. We cant get it at once but we are getting it. Have you asked how many people Sure-P , youwin have employed? Have you noticed the decline in the importation of Agric produce? Have you seen the airports, railways and road networks? You believe your votes can count, any kudos for that? Have you studied the automobile policy that has allowed Innoson, kia, Nissan etc build and assemble cars in Nigeria aimed at employing citizens? Have you accessed the BOI, Agric and SME loans? Have you noticed the number of ghost workers detected through IPPS thereby saving #46 billion? What of fertilizer fraud , heard anything from that quarter? Use of technology. Have you tried to say thanks for the 12 universities built, over 130 Almajiri schools, over 60 healthcare facilities, improvement in power generation, gender equality etc? What has APC done in their various states? Which APC state is enjoying free education?. Yesterday Buhari complained of the 16 woeful years under PDP. Was he referring to Atiku, Amaechi, Gemade, Rochas, Tambuwal , Sylvia, Kwankwaso, Saraki,Ogbe etc? Buhari represents a change to dackness. ‪#‎GEJ2015‬# - Chijioke Uzomba

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by seunlayi(m): 5:02am On Jan 29, 2015
when Moses is away, or we are having a stale on our journey in the wilderness going to the promised Land, I prefer to wait for Moses, I m not going to support the idea of a new leader to lead us back to Egypt, no matter what happens to Moses, God Will provide another Moses (Joshua) to lead us on the onward journey.

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by madone: 5:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Good talk
am sure u re one of th beneficiaries of youwin and sure p. or u re one of those insulting the president and nothing has been down to u.thank u for the research. if u have done more research u ll also find out that some year back the rule of law had its place in Nigeria, and public office holder had respect for it.what happens to their image and character especially when it appears in the news was, the likes of Alameshia, Patricia ette, james ibori, where examples of a functional government discharging its duty.today we have mor thief stealing an paying bloggers like u to paint their image large for nigerians to read. Nigerian hate Atiku today becos he was exposed and people dont want to make same mistake of voting him into any office .Bode gorge and the rest thieves re asking for our vote. Odua (aviation) Alison (pet. mins) re swimming in the river created by their silent Oga. see sir tell jonathan to give us space we want him out. the painful tin for me is that there is no gud head challenging him. cos buhari is an eeeediot
Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:11am On Jan 29, 2015
OP, here is the conclusion, you studied nothing. Crap!
Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by filiks(m): 5:27am On Jan 29, 2015
madone:
Good talk
am sure u re one of th beneficiaries of youwin and sure p. or u re one of those insulting the president and nothing has been down to u.thank u for the research. if u have done more research u ll also find out that some year back the rule of law had its place in Nigeria, and public office holder had respect for it.what happens to their image and character especially when it appears in the news was, the likes of Alameshia, Patricia ette, james ibori, where examples of a functional government discharging its duty.today we have mor thief stealing an paying bloggers like u to paint their image large for nigerians to read. Nigerian hate Atiku today becos he was exposed and people dont want to make same mistake of voting him into any office .Bode gorge and the rest thieves re asking for our vote. Odua (aviation) Alison (pet. mins) re swimming in the river created by their silent Oga. see sir tell jonathan to give us space we want him out. the painful tin for me is that there is no gud head challenging him. cos buhari is an eeeediot

Well, I am not a beneficiary of YOUWIN, I know a few beneficiaries of the programme though and I must say they'll be forever grateful for that initiative. I am not a paid blogger, these are my views, state yours.

Lol @ 'functional government discharging it's duties'. Permit me to laugh at your statement...Lmao. Ok, please while that 'functional government' was discharging it's duties, why did it not arrest everyone? Why was it only the people on his bad books?

I always disagree with the view that corruption is our major problem. If corruption is our major problem then nobody can amicably solve it as it is a behaviourial flaw. Its a reaction to an action. If a system works; and workers are paid salary, bus is at the bus stop all the time without touts(agbero) to obstruct, the power system is without flaws, school kids do not need to be on the teachers good side to excel, farmers are able to sell their food along side foreign processed food, hospitals are accessible and affordable, transportation is accessible and affordable, after school job expectancy rate is high, etc. Bet me corruption would be reduced. Then; would the stipulated laws guiding these areas of life be implemented. Corruption is a reaction of the people when all systems have been compromised and operated in the survival of the fittest mode.

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by madone: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
filiks:

Well, I am not a beneficiary of YOUWIN, I know a few beneficiaries of the programme though and I must say they'll be forever grateful for that initiative. I am not a paid blogger, these are my views, state yours.

Lol @ 'functional government discharging it's duties'. Permit me to laugh at your statement...Lmao. Ok, please while that 'functional government' was discharging it's duties, why did it not arrest everyone? Why was it only the people on his bad books?

I always disagree with the view that corruption is our major problem. If corruption is our major problem then nobody can amicably solve it as it is a behaviourial flaw. Its a reaction to an action. If a system works; and workers are paid salary, bus is at the bus stop all the time without touts(agbero) to obstruct, the power system is without flaws, school kids do not need to be on the teachers good side to excel, farmers are able to sell their food along side foreign processed food, hospitals are accessible and affordable, transportation is accessible and affordable, after school job expectancy rate is high, etc. Bet me corruption would be reduced. Then; would the stipulated laws guiding these areas of life be implemented. Corruption is a reaction of the people when all systems have been compromised and operated in the survival of the fittest mode.
how I wish there was a better candidate to match gej. we ll both be speaking differently by now. yes sir u re correct corruption is not our major problem .integrity is our problem
responsibility is our problem
regard for people's opinions is one of the biggest problem the jonathan administration has show us.
he is believed to be a listening president but u and I no that we need more than a man pay lip service to the yarning of our heart. a functional and responsive government Il br more of the doing ad well as listening. gej using Reuben abti anf his part time ranting dog ffk to paint the media is far below wat wr expect. Permit me to laugh tooo Lol cos u will see the lit og all this soon.we re not looking for a government to will embezzle 60percent and invest 30prcent then use 10percent for publications of their failef administration. we both no nigerians need someone better not Gej not even Gmb

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
God bless President GEJ. Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come! We shall overcome by God's grace. Victory is sure.

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by IanDiamonds: 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
I'm 100% sure you are partisan......

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by filiks(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Ok son, sounding disrespectful is usually the best way a slow person communicates. So are you a slow person?
Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by lozairio(m): 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
@Op your assessment of GEJ and GMB,condemned buhari but praise jonathan meaning buhari is all bad and jonathan all good don't forget our $20billion is still missing and the public have not been briefed about what is going on in the investigation and we will never be briefed because you and I know what happened to the money now I want you to ask yourself this questions if buhari was president would $20billion dollars be missing and would boko haram be on rampage, would $103million be given to a criminal to safeguard our waterways when we have a navy and would a criminal be allowed to bring six decommissioned warships into the country as an indvidual claiming to buy them to protect our waterways when even american defense contrators don't even have an armed weapon in their museum even as weapon manufacturers, yet you are talking about jonathan been good, jonathan is not better than buhari I beg you and to let you know I am from delta state from an oil producing area to be precise and I don't like jonathan because he is corrupt president so don't think am a northener or a muslim I am a christian and am voting for buhari. Let me make this clear u ppl say buhari is a military man and that he applied the use of force in his regime yes I agree buhari did the right thing in the wrong way.
Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by dhsfbi(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
I am glad to see Nigerians talking like this, it means some of us are thinking. Both party have failed us by forcing us to choose between two incompetent candidates. Well, am not voting cause I have problem choosing between two impossible situation.

Re: My Assessment Of GEJ And Buhari by filiks(m): 9:42am On Jan 30, 2015
lozairio:
@Op your assessment of GEJ and GMB,condemned buhari but praise jonathan meaning buhari is all bad and jonathan all good don't forget our $20billion is still missing and the public have not been briefed about what is going on in the investigation and we will never be briefed because you and I know what happened to the money now I want you to ask yourself this questions if buhari was president would $20billion dollars be missing and would boko haram be on rampage, would $103million be given to a criminal to safeguard our waterways when we have a navy and would a criminal be allowed to bring six decommissioned warships into the country as an indvidual claiming to buy them to protect our waterways when even american defense contrators don't even have an armed weapon in their museum even as weapon manufacturers, yet you are talking about jonathan been good, jonathan is not better than buhari I beg you and to let you know I am from delta state from an oil producing area to be precise and I don't like jonathan because he is corrupt president so don't think am a northener or a muslim I am a christian and am voting for buhari. Let me make this clear u ppl say buhari is a military man and that he applied the use of force in his regime yes I agree buhari did the right thing in the wrong way.

I respect your opinion but let me ask; do you know that buhari ousted a democratically elected govt once? Did he prosecute members of that govt? No! he didn't cos if he really did, then what was the head of the same corrupt govt doing in his house while a select few were sent to prison? That in itself is the highest level of corruption.

Do you also know of some monies that developed wings and flew away under buhari's watch? Does 2.8billion ring a bell?

While he was PTF boss, under the most corrupt govt Nigeria has ever seen, why did he single handedly select the consulting firm without first deliberating with members? What was he desperately hiding?

He once argued that ACN leaders were corrupt, that they awarded 1km road for 1billion and now he's with same people baptised as APC and their sins are suddenly washed away and they are all 'CHANGE' agents now, using the corrupt monies they stole to support buhari and the party. Anyone who steals and anyone who uses stolen items are guilty of same crime. Suffice it to say Buhari is corrupt.

Now I'm not saying GEJ is the angel without sin sent to watch over us, but under his watch, there's been tremendous advancements in so many sectors and continuity is very necessary for consolidation of the progress recorded.

The 20billion you talked about was first raised by the then CBN governor, it was later cleared, by the finance ministry, that no such money was lost. I don't know how it happened and I'm sure you also can't say for sure too but you chose to believe the first report, well, it's your decision.

For every one criminal killed in the name of anti-corruption campaign, there's a million new ones motivated to try again!

Fix the system! Fix the economy and corruption and all other vices will die a natural death!

Defection Of Five Govs Affected Us — Muazu / Lai Mohammed And Son, In ILLEGAL Dredging Scandal / See Love! Toyin Aimaku Husband Bought Brand New Car For Her. See Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50