Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair (14176 Views)

We Won’t Present Candidate Against Wike In Rerun – IPAC / Jonathan'll Declare A Marshal Plan To Rebuild North East When Re-elected- Mu’azu / INEC Further Extends Final Date For PVC Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2015
BokoHaramm:
your life is getting stale daily

what does this even mean iidiiot
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Burger01(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2015
Skako:
We don't need holiday at all bcs APC state are highly in collecting of their pcv,i don't want PDP to collect theirs

buhari is ok
cheesy cheesy
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2015
Pls what is GMB.is it glo megabyte

1 Like

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by lilbabyak(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2015
Anyway na way
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by msmon(m): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2015
Better!
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by primcy(m): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2015
thats a welcome development.. At least to enable us vote out Gej...
Sai buhari..
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by chichriso: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2015
Yes! INEC should declare holidays to enable the citizen pick their PVC in order to express their franchise during the elections in February unless they have another plan for the country in this forth coming elections.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by BokoHaramm: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2015
diluminati:

what does this even mean iidiiot
it means that your life shows that the effect of a broken home is getting to you at the latter stage of your youth. Lest I forget yoU are an IDIOTt
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Louislewis: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2015
[size=22pt]Yes, it is a welcome idea. From Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If possible they should include on Sunday for the INEC representative to be at the collection centres[/size].
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by curiouses: 9:33am On Jan 29, 2015
Seun:
Nairalanders suggested it first.

Yes. Maclatunji did.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by bumtos(m): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2015
that is better. I have been trying to get my pvc but up till now I haven't. The holiday should be 2 days because 1 day won't be enough.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by chuksmad(m): 9:43am On Jan 29, 2015
That will be a good idea because some of us that registered in one state and being transferred to another state find it difficult to travel to collect our PVC.
But with 2 days public holiday, that will be possible
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by wazobiaN9(m): 9:43am On Jan 29, 2015
BokoHaramm:
your life is getting stale daily

seems like you are pissing in your pants already.. fear no good o cheesy
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by unite4real: 9:47am On Jan 29, 2015
BUT WHEN THEY WANT TO COLLECT DRIVER'S LICENCES OR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT WHICH HAS TO BE DURING WORK HOURS, THEY DO IT WITHOUT THEIR EMPLOYERS KNOWING MOST OF THE TIMES.

WHEN IT COMES TO COLLECTING PVCs, ALL WE HEAR IS THAT WE CANT COLLECT DUE TO LACK OF TIME.

I THINK THAT THOSE THAT WANT TO VOTE HAVE ALL COLLECTED THEIR PVCs. THE ONES REMAINING ARE THOSE THAT DO NO DESIRE TO VOTE AND WILLING TO COLLECT THEIR PVCs ANYTIME
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Jesuspikin87(m): 9:49am On Jan 29, 2015
VERY REASONABLE AND LOGICAL.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by john4q(m): 9:51am On Jan 29, 2015
njays24:
One week more should be enough for people to pick up thEir PVC
please is registration still ongoing.....I have not gotten my PVC o?
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Dubemkelly(m): 9:57am On Jan 29, 2015
Not the pub holz is the hitch rather they should employ more hands at each collecting centre.

1 Like

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by just2endowed: 9:59am On Jan 29, 2015
its not bad giving holiday........it well help inec and me need rest some how
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by nerodenero: 10:00am On Jan 29, 2015
My PVC is in the north and I am in the south.If a public holiday is declared,I can't travel to the north because of PVC.

Anybody with useful information on how I can get it here in Lagos.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Faraidi(m): 10:10am On Jan 29, 2015
Omooba77:
The chairman of the Inter-Party Advisory Council, Mr. Yinusa Tanko, has urged the Federal Government to declare a public holiday to help Nigerians collect their permanent voter cards.

Tanko made the call during a telephone interview with our reporter on Thursday, after he and other party leaders had met with the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Professor Attahiru Jega.

“The challenge is that so many people are finding it difficult to leave their places of work to chase PVCs. Some of the places where the (collection) offices are, are far from where people are domiciled. If there is a general holiday, people would know that the day is for the collection of the PVC and they would spare time to go and collect it,” Tanko said.

The permanent voter cards are issued to potential voters who registered during an exercise that lasted for months. But collection has been hampered by poor logistics and chaos at collection points.

Tanko warned that the poor collection record could have an adverse effect on Nigeria’s democracy.

He said, “It is important for us to have this election. We can’t afford to go back to the (era of) June 12 when we had an election and the military truncated it. Therefore, we (the parties) have developed an attitude that says let’s find a solution to the problem.

“People were disenchanted with INEC before but the level of commitment shown by INEC gives room for a lot of hope. People didn’t understand that when you register and your name doesn’t appear in the register, then you haven’t registered. You would have to register again.”

- See more at: http://www.punchng.com/news/declare-a-public-holiday-for-pvc-collection-ipac-chair/#sthash.Wymsf1xJ.dpuf
declaring public holiday is not the problem because INEC office in your area shall still tell you they have not receive it from ABJ.I was at the Secretariat yesterday to collect mine but we couldn't collect it because it is still the same excuse,not yet READY.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by EMANY01(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2015
morewealth:
No need for any holiday. Just station INEC personnel or Youth corpers in various registration centres from now till two days before the elections so that people can collect their PVC.

Show that you have a lot more sense than the post you made indicates,because one is in an apc state does not mean that everyone will vote for apc.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2015
JEGA just dey talk I ASUA (assure) YOU all will get PVC, we are going there everyday the official keep telling us they don't have it for an entire polling unit.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by abiolag(m): 10:22am On Jan 29, 2015
yes ooo
D holiday is gonna make sense joor. Make e be like 1 week holiday wink grin
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by johnbu: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2015
this is a magnificent suggestion, it will be so subtle, if FG could secure public holidays for the collection of extant pvc card, so that uniform franchise by an electorates could be recorded in all geographical locations in nigeria. but, more staff and collecting points are required to ease the collection of the card. because, it is confirmed that many cards are yet to be collected by electorates. furthermore, many people are complaining that they could not access their pvc card at collecting centre, hence, FG should brace up in ensuring the cards are circulated to an intending locations.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Spidermon: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2015
The general opinion is that even when you go to the INEC state office after being referred there from the LG is that the officials are reluctant to share the pvc's. In Lagos, nobody knows what is going on. Too much of conflicting directives
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by 2goodbobo(m): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2015
Seconded! #teampublicholiday
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Seun(m): 11:51am On Jan 29, 2015
curiouses:
Yes. Maclatunji did.
not really. I asked him to create that thread after it was suggested by several Nairaland members in a previous thread that we worked on.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by emiye(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
INEC should revert to polling unit distribution on that declared public holiday, instead of the ward and Local government collection. I virtually travelled an appreciable far distance to collect mine from the Local govt. In many states, most local govt offices are in remote areas, except for the few urban lgas.

Very few people will take the risk of travelling to their lga , with no guarante their cards are ready

1 Like

Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Highflyer3(m): 12:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
Seun:
Nairalanders suggested it first.
I did first
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by odk1: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
watered:
True talk cos most people haven't got theirs. I can't leave my daily business for any PVC whatsoever.

Noted and forwarded to Reno Omokri

what of weekends? I picked my PVC on a Sunday.
Re: Declare A Public Holiday For PVC Collection –IPAC Chair by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Skako:
We don't need holiday at all bcs APC state are highly in collecting of their pcv,i don't want PDP to collect theirs

buhari is ok

You people think the staus quo favours you.Your mumu no get level.Go and look at the percentage collection for the sw states you will weep.1.7M potential voters are yet to get their PVCs in lagos and you are here yarning dust.I just hope when PDP does their abacradabra you idiots would not back here to whine

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Obama: Teach Buhari Tenets Of Democracy / Northern Elders Vow To Defend Buhari Presidency / 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Joins Presidential Race, To Unveil Party Today - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.